Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287490 times)

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #360 on: December 28, 2013, 11:09:21 AM »

More like BBs need a nerf.

On another note, got Kiso to her second remodel. Finally a CLT that I like. Kitakami and Ooi sucks. Come at me.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #361 on: December 28, 2013, 06:30:03 PM »
E-2 is the toughest map of this event in my opinion. The fleet I used was 2 fog,, 2 CLT, 1 CV and 1 BB. Got through after a few tries. Remember you can take things slow without regenerating life-bar. No need to do anything you think is risky.
I've been using 2 fog, 1 CV, 1 CVL, and 2 BB and I more or less retreat whenever two of my regular ships are in danger or one of 'em is in grave danger.  I haven't had anything sink on me yet, which is nice, however I finally caved and put an instant repair on the CVL and one of the battleships since those two seemed to be hit the most.  On the upside, the instant repairs lend me a little more breathing room to take on the level, so that's nice.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #362 on: December 28, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
the instant repairs lend me a little more breathing room to take on the level, so that's nice.

I second this. I wasn't making any E2 progress at all with my 2x fog, 2x CLT, 1x BB and 1x CV until i put emergency repairs on my kancolle ships (because the fog ones can tank hits like wow) and I cleared it pretty fast after that and the best part was I didn't actually have to use any of the repairs.

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #363 on: December 29, 2013, 06:01:04 AM »
I second this. I wasn't making any E2 progress at all with my 2x fog, 2x CLT, 1x BB and 1x CV until i put emergency repairs on my kancolle ships (because the fog ones can tank hits like wow) and I cleared it pretty fast after that and the best part was I didn't actually have to use any of the repairs.

Thirded. I always put damecon on everything except CLT and my flagship on tough event maps - flagship doesn't sink, and I want double attack + minisub on CLTs.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #364 on: December 29, 2013, 09:43:32 PM »
So it seems running my main fleet through 1-1 individually to get them to sparkle was the thing that decided my completion of E-2.

Man. I seriously should have thought of that earlier when I had more fuel and steel.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2013, 03:18:26 AM »
And that's it for this event - finished E-3 with Nagato, Kongou, Haru-Haru, I-401 and the torpsisters. Tried leaving a carrier in at first, but decided to swap out for a battleship. Went pretty smoothly overall - CARNIVAL BEAM triggered less often than I thought it would. Just one rare drop (Mikuma), but that's A-OK compared to some other admirals.

Too bad my celebratory LSC just gave me Hiyou :(

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #366 on: January 01, 2014, 10:55:21 AM »
I hate E-2 with every fiber of my being.
It's not even the lazers.
But they can go to hell too.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #367 on: January 01, 2014, 04:41:04 PM »
PRAISE THY GODDESS, FOR SHE IS GOOD AND FAIR.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #368 on: January 02, 2014, 05:47:36 AM »
Finally finished the event and got my I-401. I was kind of worried after E-2 but E-3 only needed the 5 attempts; that is, every attempt whatsoever both reached the boss node and beat Kongou. :V How's progress for everyone else?

Next on the to-do list is building a Yamato... might take a while.
Let's fight.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #369 on: January 02, 2014, 06:09:00 AM »
BAM 3 LSCs.
Kaga,  Ise and luck fodder.
Time to wait another week.

Red Frost

« Reply #370 on: January 02, 2014, 06:16:54 AM »
Finally finished the event and got my I-401. I was kind of worried after E-2 but E-3 only needed the 5 attempts; that is, every attempt whatsoever both reached the boss node and beat Kongou. :V How's progress for everyone else?

E-2 is still being a bitch.  If compass-chan doesn't screw me over and I make it to the boss with everyone in the green, I get murdered during the day battle and there's no way I'm risking any ship for night battle, even though that's probably the only chance I have of sinking the flagship.  I could use Damage Control like others have tried but I'm afraid of burning through all 6 of mine and still not beating the map.  I know I should use them for something, but if those are the only things assuring me a victory and I run out before clearing the map, then it'd feel like the biggest waste.

I think what's most frustrating is that I have to keep sparkling my fleet before every attempt and losing it to the stupid fuel node on E-2 is beyond infuriating... especially when you get away from the first 2 nodes without a single scratch.  Hell, my very first run of E-2 I went two nodes without damage, 7 HP on Mutsu on the 3rd, and I make it to the boss and they both laser me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 06:19:39 AM by Red Frost »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #371 on: January 02, 2014, 07:06:28 AM »

E-2 is still being a bitch.  If compass-chan doesn't screw me over and I make it to the boss with everyone in the green, I get murdered during the day battle and there's no way I'm risking any ship for night battle, even though that's probably the only chance I have of sinking the flagship.  I could use Damage Control like others have tried but I'm afraid of burning through all 6 of mine and still not beating the map.  I know I should use them for something, but if those are the only things assuring me a victory and I run out before clearing the map, then it'd feel like the biggest waste.

I think what's most frustrating is that I have to keep sparkling my fleet before every attempt and losing it to the stupid fuel node on E-2 is beyond infuriating... especially when you get away from the first 2 nodes without a single scratch.  Hell, my very first run of E-2 I went two nodes without damage, 7 HP on Mutsu on the 3rd, and I make it to the boss and they both laser me.

Hmm....what's your setup? I find that my Mutsu gets crit very, very often by higher level stuff.

Red Frost

« Reply #372 on: January 02, 2014, 08:00:34 AM »
Hmm....what's your setup? I find that my Mutsu gets crit very, very often by higher level stuff.

Lvl 52 Kitakami (15.5cm Red, Oxygen Torpedoes, Type A Ko-hyoteki)
Lvl 14 Iona (Oxygen Torpedoes, +10 Turbine)
Lvl 13 Takao (20.3cm Red, 12.7cm High-Angle Green, +10 Turbine)
Lvl 48 Kirishima (46cm Red, 46cm Red, Type 21 Air Radar, Type 3 Shell)
Lvl 47 Mutsu (46cm Red, 46cm Red, Type 21 Air Radar, Type 91 AP Shell)
Lvl 47 Hiryuu (Reppu (Green), Suisei Model 12A (Red), Type 52 Fighter (Green), Saiun (Yellow))
Attack, Torpedo, and Armor are maxed on everyone, Kirishima and Hiryuu have max everything.

I do Line Ahead on the all nodes but I'm starting to think I should try Line Abreast on the boss so I can make it to Night Battle.  Sometimes the Maya node on the southern route goes really well, but this last one she hit Kirishima into the red with a regular attack... if it becomes a habit of Maya doing a lot of damage, I might do Line Abreast on that node too (she seems to get taken out during the first shelling phase, so I like that rather than her being around for the 2nd one).  I'm trying to pay attention to what really screws me over up to and during the boss fight, but it's hard to test these things out consistently because of the compass and needing to sparkle my fleet before each attempt.

I used to have 2 Red planes equipped to Hiryuu but I swapped one out for more Green planes because I read a comment saying that was more helpful.  I might swap that back out because I don't think the airplanes gave me much trouble in the first place and Hiryuu doesn't hit as consistently during the opening phase anymore.  I've considered swapping her out for another BB (I have Ise at Lvl 45, all stats maxed) but then I lose the Saiun and the last thing I need is to get T-crossed.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #373 on: January 02, 2014, 09:45:59 AM »
Lvl 52 Kitakami (15.5cm Red, Oxygen Torpedoes, Type A Ko-hyoteki)
Lvl 14 Iona (Oxygen Torpedoes, +10 Turbine)
Lvl 13 Takao (20.3cm Red, 12.7cm High-Angle Green, +10 Turbine)
Lvl 48 Kirishima (46cm Red, 46cm Red, Type 21 Air Radar, Type 3 Shell)
Lvl 47 Mutsu (46cm Red, 46cm Red, Type 21 Air Radar, Type 91 AP Shell)
Lvl 47 Hiryuu (Reppu (Green), Suisei Model 12A (Red), Type 52 Fighter (Green), Saiun (Yellow))
Attack, Torpedo, and Armor are maxed on everyone, Kirishima and Hiryuu have max everything.

I do Line Ahead on the all nodes but I'm starting to think I should try Line Abreast on the boss so I can make it to Night Battle.  Sometimes the Maya node on the southern route goes really well, but this last one she hit Kirishima into the red with a regular attack... if it becomes a habit of Maya doing a lot of damage, I might do Line Abreast on that node too (she seems to get taken out during the first shelling phase, so I like that rather than her being around for the 2nd one).  I'm trying to pay attention to what really screws me over up to and during the boss fight, but it's hard to test these things out consistently because of the compass and needing to sparkle my fleet before each attempt.

I used to have 2 Red planes equipped to Hiryuu but I swapped one out for more Green planes because I read a comment saying that was more helpful.  I might swap that back out because I don't think the airplanes gave me much trouble in the first place and Hiryuu doesn't hit as consistently during the opening phase anymore.  I've considered swapping her out for another BB (I have Ise at Lvl 45, all stats maxed) but then I lose the Saiun and the last thing I need is to get T-crossed.

Mmmm.....I personally went without carriers entirely, so swapping Hiryuu out is worth a shot. Pity you don't seem to have Ooi. Oh, and I generally prefer to use Double Line for defensive purposes - the armor reduction and damage reduction is just not worth the evasion bonus from Line Abreast, in my personal experience.

Oh, and I usually go with a double attack setup on KTKM (2x guns, Type-A). Iona also has more than enough armour to survive multiple attacks, so I would go with 2xTorp so she can cut-in at night - and she does that nearly every time!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #374 on: January 02, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
People weren't kidding about E-3 being a breath of fresh air after E-2.  I've already sunk Kongou twice, though on my first attempt I failed only because I was redirected to the steel node.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #375 on: January 03, 2014, 02:31:49 AM »
By the way, if you still have resources after finishing event maps, use the Fog ships to clear standard maps while you have them.

Trust me, you'll wish you had Takao's BB-level firepower on maps where a CA is a requirement, Iona's ability to decoy with no tomorrow at night, and Haru-haru's super cannon - knocked out 4 ships in one go during my run of 5-1!

Oh, and status update - my Kongo is now kai 2!  :D

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #376 on: January 03, 2014, 08:25:00 AM »
Meh, I'd rather go through the maps with pain and suffering. I mean, after I clear those maps there won't be anything else to keep me on the game aside from one or other event. Not to say my DDs can't clear 3-2 yet :V

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #377 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:51 AM »
OK here's my impression on the Arpggieo x Kancolle Crossover map

Besides jumping in late during the Iron Bottom Sound event and managing to walk home with just Iku as my prize, I was curious if how an event would play out if I played it a later one.

So I trained pretty much over the whole duration till this event popped up. I was told it would be easier than the Iron Bottom one, which sounded like a sigh of relife with all the horror stories I've heard. So I decided to go ahead and give it a shot.

After obtaining Iona, I blazed through E-1 with easy, it was a simple cake walk. So I went on to get Takao, and added her into my fleet.

E-2 turnred out to be the monster of this event. Despite the claimed difficulty it showed, it was far worse than it presented itself to be. Mainly due to Kirishima and Haruna being both hard hitters, Maya was a small annoyance here and thanks to Iona, all the Nagara class fog ships were non-threatening.

But in the end, I say Iona pretty much became the pitch hitter for my team since she managed to pretty much strike down Haruna each time. This took about 25 attempts to successfully complete.

Finally E-3, This one was a cake walk like E-1 thanks to using all the fog girls in the fleet. I tried using only Haruna and Iona before, but I wasn't making any headway, so I through in Takao for good measure and the effort payed off. More to less in a total of 15 attempts... I failed to defeat Kongou 3 times, with drew early due to Ooi or Kitakami getting hit 5 times, and hit the steel node twice. The rest were successful kills. But man did it eat the hell out of my resources.

I started off with 15k in everything and 180 buckets. The end of it all, I have used up my fuel and steel the most. I was down to less than 4k steel and fuel and 80 buckets.

Still among the whole mess, I managed to walk home with a boat load of war prizes. I-168, I-58, Shimakaze, and I-401and since the event is still strong, I will push to see if  I can collect more Kanmusu before it end. But first I must rebuild my resources...

Fleet I used:

E-1
Kirishima, Shouhou, Kitakami, Ooi, Atago, Iona  5 - 6 attempts

E-2
Kirishima, Shouhou, Takao, Kitakami, Ooi, Iona 25 - 30 attempts

E-3
Kirishima, Haruna, Takao, Shouhou, Ooi, Iona  (in that order) 15-17 attempts
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:46:34 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

« Reply #378 on: January 03, 2014, 08:48:59 AM »
Finally got a victory on the boss... now I just need to do it 3 more times!
*sobs quietly*
Hopefully I can see another win or two before burning through my last 9k of Fuel and Steel.  The one nice thing that's come out of this is I finally got Gouya.

Oh, and I usually go with a double attack setup on KTKM (2x guns, Type-A). Iona also has more than enough armour to survive multiple attacks, so I would go with 2xTorp so she can cut-in at night - and she does that nearly every time!

So glad you mentioned giving Iona 2 Torpedo equips... for some reason I thought you only needed one for the cut-in. My last run got me to the night battle and she one-shotted Haruna (thankfully she skipped hitting Kirishima).  I decided to swap out the engine and shells on Takao, Mutsu, and Kirishima and replace them with Emergency Repairs.  Planes hit me a bit more frequently now, but it's usually scratch damage.  I decided to keep Hiryuu since it's one less ship to put a Repair on (if she gets hurt I head back) and the Saiun.  She also helps thin out the enemies in the earlier nodes.

Both my battleships don't seem to be doing much damage to the Fog Ships during night battle so I'm thinking I'll put them after KTKM (flagship) and then have Takao, Iona, and Hiryuu.  Since night battles go in order of fleet composition, my BBs will be more likely to hit the non-Fog Ships and sink them, saving Iona and Takao's attacks for the flagship instead of the other way around.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #379 on: January 03, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »
Finally got a victory on the boss... now I just need to do it 3 more times!
*sobs quietly*
Hopefully I can see another win or two before burning through my last 9k of Fuel and Steel.  The one nice thing that's come out of this is I finally got Gouya.

So glad you mentioned giving Iona 2 Torpedo equips... for some reason I thought you only needed one for the cut-in. My last run got me to the night battle and she one-shotted Haruna (thankfully she skipped hitting Kirishima).  I decided to swap out the engine and shells on Takao, Mutsu, and Kirishima and replace them with Emergency Repairs.  Planes hit me a bit more frequently now, but it's usually scratch damage.  I decided to keep Hiryuu since it's one less ship to put a Repair on (if she gets hurt I head back) and the Saiun.  She also helps thin out the enemies in the earlier nodes.

Both my battleships don't seem to be doing much damage to the Fog Ships during night battle so I'm thinking I'll put them after KTKM (flagship) and then have Takao, Iona, and Hiryuu.  Since night battles go in order of fleet composition, my BBs will be more likely to hit the non-Fog Ships and sink them, saving Iona and Takao's attacks for the flagship instead of the other way around.

That's good to hear. Keep at it, 9K resources should be more than enough.

By the way, it appears marasy plays Kancolle too - take a gander at 1:45 or so through the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DucubDijlI

And a sudenona on the vid right after that.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:35:18 AM by qMyon »

Red Frost

« Reply #380 on: January 04, 2014, 12:03:49 PM »

2 days and 100~ish buckets later...

I would trade 90% of my Bauxite in for Fuel and Steel.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2014, 10:33:18 PM »
...What ships are you even using? I don't think even Arpeggio-Haruna would use that many resources.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #382 on: January 05, 2014, 01:36:08 AM »
Ahahah! Finally over!

Now all I have to do is build my fuel and steel reserves back up. ;-;

Red Frost

« Reply #383 on: January 05, 2014, 03:00:54 AM »
...What ships are you even using? I don't think even Arpeggio-Haruna would use that many resources.

Oh god I don't even want to think about how much Steel she'll need.

Kitakami (Flagship), Kirishima, Mutsu, Takao, Iona, and Hiryuu.  It's mostly the upkeep for the BBs and Takao when one of the Fog Ships hit.  I've been using Line Abreast on the Kirishima, Maya, and Haruna nodes but the Haruna node tends to screw me over because there's 4 chances for the Fog Ships to attack.  I almost never get to go to night battle because either Hiryuu gets hurt or more than one of the ships I put Emergency Repairs on (Iona, Mutsu, Kirishima) is in the red and I need as many ships as possible for night battle.  I especially need Takao to be able to attack at night since Mutsu and Kirishima aren't able to sink either Fog Ship by themselves.

There's also the resources used for running 1-1 or doing a PVP battle for morale boosts but that's been a necessity since my first run.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #384 on: January 05, 2014, 07:14:27 AM »
I was given an important tip when I played this map.

If you are able to get your fleet to Haruna's node without anyone getting critically damaged (red) They'll have a 99% chance of surviving the entire battle. (Both day time and night battle) There is that small 1% chance they will sink, but I took the risk and followed through and survived the entire fight.

Also... I would not worry about putting an emergency repair team on Iona, she's rather tough and endure a lot of punishment (if you make the detication to repair her often)

But here's why it's important to get to the night battle. Iona is going to be your main hitter, she is usually the one that'll target Haruna and if you have her set to do cut in attacks (2 quad Oxy Torpedos) she will almost always nail the final blow on HaruHaru. Also as another important note, put Iona in the last 6th part of the fleet's composition. It'll increase the odds she'll hit Haruna as well. (in case Kirishima lives)

So if any of your girls get crticially damaged in Haruna's fight during the day battle, press on. The odds of your ship girl sinking are very slim. (The only time you REALLY should pull back is if someone is red BEFORE you get to Haruna.)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 07:16:28 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

« Reply #385 on: January 06, 2014, 09:54:35 AM »

There was much celebration within the village that night.
(I failed to realize how ambiguous the previous screenshot was)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:33:38 PM by Red Frost »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #386 on: January 06, 2014, 03:10:08 PM »

There was much celebration within the village that night.
(I failed to realize how ambiguous the previous screenshot was)

Nice work! Time to rush E3 - you can do it!

On a side note, I'm busy trying to finish 5-3 before the Arpeggio ships are gone......but I am still stuck on that last sliver of health. Still, had a bright spot when Yuugumo dropped from 5-2. Only have Akigumo left to hunt for out of the rare destroyers now.....

Edit: And 5-3 is clear! Now I can finally focus on resource-gathering and LSC.....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:27:28 AM by qMyon »

Red Frost

« Reply #387 on: January 07, 2014, 09:47:22 AM »
EAT LEAD PAINT, NOT-ENGRISH CHAN!!

I was freaking out like nuts because this was the last shot I was going to have for quite a few hours.  I was hoping I'd be able to do a celebratory lap around E-2 for Yuugumo or Nagato but I still need to repair and resupply the 3 Arpeggio ships.  I'm really gonna miss those crazy kids. ;-;
(for the curious, it was Iona who got the last shot in)

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
« Reply #388 on: January 07, 2014, 02:13:34 PM »
The event wasn't as hard as I thought. My results:

E-1
Fleet: Murakumo, Iona, Zuikaku, Kirishima, Takao, and Kongou    3 attempts
Rare drops: Imuya (already had one though)

E-2
Fleet: Murakumo, Takao(Arpeggio), Kirishima, Hiei, and Iona   30-40 attempts
Rare drops: 2 Zuihou, Shoukaku, 2 Goya, 3 Suzuya, Yuugumo

E-3
Kongou, Hiei, Kirishima, Zuikaku, Akagi, Iona  6 attempts (failed the first time because I accidentally returned to base)
Rare drops: 4 Yuubari, 2 Iku, Naganami, Mutsu, Kaga, Souryuu, 2 Kumano, Shimakaze (already had 4 >.>), Zuikaku

Total of 4 days to finish event.
Started with: 14k fuel, 14k steel, 15k ammo, 16k bauxite, 129 buckets
Ended with: 4720 fuel, 12881 ammo, 2361 steel, 13590 bauxite, 90 buckets

Well, that was a fun experience. Also beat 3-2, 3-3, 3-4, 5-1, 5-2, and 5-3 in the past two days thanks to the fog ships. Finished 5-3 with my starter ship dealing the finishing blow as well, how fitting for the finale.

Game clear results:
Total of 2 days to beat the above.
Started with: 12k fuel, 12k steel, 16k ammo, 15k bauxite, 101 buckets
Ended with: 2682 fuel, 9208 ammo, 4165 steel, 14800 bauxite,  33 buckets
HQ Level: 74 (Marshal-Admiral, rank: 461)
Last sortie fleet: Murakumo (75), Iona (60), Haruna(Arpeggio) (20), Kitakami (62), Takao(Arpeggio) (33), and Shimakaze (57)

Guess I'll just let my resources rebuild for LSC and farm buckets. I'll miss those fog ships. TT^TT

If you are able to get your fleet to Haruna's node without anyone getting critically damaged (red) They'll have a 99% chance of surviving the entire battle. (Both day time and night battle) There is that small 1% chance they will sink, but I took the risk and followed through and survived the entire fight.

I'm not entirely sure on the numbers because it was just an estimate they gave. Thank god you didn't lose any ships from what I said though.  :derp:

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #389 on: January 08, 2014, 02:53:25 PM »
NAKA-CHAN WA KAI NI DAYOOO!!.....I think.

https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/420898223964692481

Also found a nice video.

Video now extended with full song, and latest event ships:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYH7llfkPWY

And now Yuuhei Satellite is doing Kancolle alongside Touhou:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQ2igLHhgk
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 02:55:21 PM by qMyon »