Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287462 times)

Jana

• mrgrgr
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #330 on: December 18, 2013, 04:10:18 PM »
I got 3 Imuyas before landing a Goya. It's just luck. There will probably be many more whenever they release Hachi as a craftable sub...

« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2013, 03:43:43 AM »
Dev news

Nagato, Kiso, and an unnamed kanmusu will have special holiday voice clips.

Turkey dinner furniture to be implemented for admirals who play on 12/24-25

And for those wondering, this is the consolidated picture of Taiho so far, drawn by Strike Witches artist.
http://i.imgur.com/x7BMCRg.png

Looks like she is using a crossbow.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 03:47:52 AM by Mistwraith »

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #332 on: December 23, 2013, 08:14:33 AM »
From the comments section under Recent Updates:
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/414978990416203777

The limited-time "Fog" ships are unlocked via a special quest (or quests), which will unlock the event area. Also, you can take the Fog ships along to normal areas, too.

https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/414981798808911872

If you use Iona & the other Fog ships, you'll get a special "Commemorative Furniture" after the event ends. [Same Tweet that mentions KanColle's I-401 is the reward for clearing all the stages.]

https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/414982618208149504

Depending on how far you are in the game [not clear if Admiral level is a factor, or just stages cleared], the enemy fleets in the event area can be weaker. In this case, their drops will change [presumably newer players will be able to beat them, but not get as awesome of drops].

https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/414984430424309760

KanColle's I-401 is an "early availability" ship, like most of the ones added in events [i.e. she'll become normally available later]. Also, there'll be 3 "Fog" ships you can get to support you.
https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/414981798808911872  I-401 will be the event reward.

https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/414980366949040128 Event will consist of 3 stages, boss gauge not regenerate.

- It also seems the 3 maps are clearable for lower level Admirals once they raise their ships (so I'm guessing E3 difficulty?)

- You MUST destroy flagship to decrease the gauge (no regen)

- Event maps may have a change in difficulty (seems like ot may get lowered) but the drops will also be different.

- Possibility of getting another +10 ship slots (still being worked on for feasibility)

- Nagato, Kiso, and one secret ship getting Christmas voices. The secret ship is also getting a new sprite... if they make it in time.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #333 on: December 23, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »
- You MUST destroy flagship to decrease the gauge (no regen)

Good to know that I don't need to RAGE.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #334 on: December 23, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »
OK some more news from the devs while we wait for the update to be implmented:

- Large ship construction will require a lot of resources and it is a new system to build ships like the Yamato.  We advise not purchasing resources with money to put towards this.
- The large ship construction will require finishing a mission somewhat into the game. (At least having your third fleet unlocked)
- The new construction will require four digit resources, max 7000, and 1, 20, or 100 construction materials
- You can somewhat control the type/size of ship being made with the amount of resources put into it.  The large battleships and new carrier will have their own recipies and will not be random.  Quality of ship will be determined by the amount of construction resources
- Putting in the max amount of each resource won't guarantee good results.
- In the new construction dock, you can make the following in this update. Taiho, Yamato, Agano, Noshiro, Yahagi, Shokaku, Zuikaku, and rare kanmusu
- Taiho will also get a new image upon upgrading to her 'kai' form

- Additionally you can adjust the number of resources put in to get relatively rare kanmusu like Zuiho and late model heavy cruisers such as Tone, Chikuma, Mogami, Mikuma, Suzuya and Kumano
- New equipment being implemented.  One is the Daihatsu, this boat won't be useful in combat but it will be effective if a ship is equipped with one of these during an expedition.

- The ancestor of the anti-submarine helicopter, the autogyro Ka-go will be added.  It can be used on light carriers and assault ships
- In the new large ship construction dock, the amphibious assault ship Akitsumaru can be constructed.  It is a transport ship that can use the Daihatsu and in its remodeled form, ka-go and Type 3 observation plane

-The Type 3 transport sub Maruyu will also be implemented.  She will be akin to a 'failed' large ship construction.  It will be hard to raise her to a level to remodel, but she will have a unique special ability

While the event itself doesn't sound that challenging, but the idea of how to obtain these new Kanmusu (and the ones we missed out on in the past) does... and the history I read up on Maruyu is well.. laughable... basiclly she was the most fail sub made in IJN's history.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 08:48:16 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Red Frost

« Reply #335 on: December 24, 2013, 05:19:19 AM »
Pictures of the new permanent ships.
Looks like Ryuujou has another companion for her Cliffside Carrier Club.

In order to unlock Iona and the event maps, you need to do a Sortie Quest that involves sinking a single Submarine.  This means you need to have beaten 2-4 and have access to World 4.  Just beat 2-4 myself a few days ago.

As for Large Ship Construction, you need to have the 3rd Fleet unlocked and do 2 new Quests.  One involves Modernizing 4 times, and one involves scrapping 4 separate pieces of equipment.  Also, having the construction docks empty has a good effect on LSC... but hey, who needs to be lenient with their use of instant constructions?

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #336 on: December 24, 2013, 06:04:37 AM »
Attempted my first large ship building. Used 6000/4000/6000/3000 and 100 development and got 8 hour timer. Not using instant construction so I can wake up to a nice surprise. Never thought I would ever say this but I think I'm gonna be running low on development before resources.

Also, the event so far has been super fun. I think I won't be suffering and despairing at all to this little Christmas present from the devs.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #337 on: December 24, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »
I love Kiso's christmas lines.

Hoping I can clear E-3 with the 80 buckets I have.

Red Frost

« Reply #338 on: December 24, 2013, 09:51:08 AM »
3750/2500/3000/2500/20 = Hyuuga

3000/5000/4000/2000/100 = Ise

2500/1500/2000/2000/20 = Hyuuga

... I need to take a nap.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #339 on: December 24, 2013, 10:17:04 AM »
Yay, early Christmas present!

[attach=1]

5000/5000/6000/3000/20, 8 hour timer.

First try, too! Good luck!

« Reply #340 on: December 24, 2013, 10:51:25 AM »
E-2 is hard. Those fucking lazers.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #341 on: December 24, 2013, 11:10:33 AM »
OH GOD SUDDENLY I HAVE NO DEV MATS.

e: OR BAUXITE
I STILL DONT HAVE A KAKU.

Yukikaze sitting on that 63 luck.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:22:24 AM by Bio »

« Reply #342 on: December 24, 2013, 03:46:36 PM »
Okay after some experimenting and stuff, my personal way of clearing E-2 is as below.

2 CV (Souryu 73, Akagi 73)
2 CLT (Kiso 66, Kitakami 63)
2 BB (Kongou 65, Haruna 65)

Basically I found that this set up will ALWAYS push me to the NE node which requires you to fight Kirishima. For the first node you can use Line Ahead to kill the enemy ships fast, once you hit Kirishima node, use line abreast to conserve your health.

You just need to get through Kirishima with the most amount of hp, don't need to really to sink her. Once hitting the E-2 boss node, do the same using line abreast and survive through to Night Battle, my KTKM one shotted Haruna.

I tried using Line Ahead formation in my previous few attempts and I got decimated so fast that I almost strapped a bomb to myself.

So not sure how about you guys, any personal views ?
I feel that it might be good to swap out one CV for a CA or so, I only have 2 CLT so that's why I couldn't try the 3 CLT strategy.

And seems that certain setups like all SS team will always push you to the NE node, my setup also does that a lot.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #343 on: December 24, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
Except not everyone has 5 SS. For now I am just forcing my way through with Kongou, Kitakami/Ooi, Maya and the 2 Arpeggio girls. Decimated Arpeggio's Maya using line ahead and got decimated by using line ahead on the boss node :V (still managed to win at the night battle).

Also, got Maikaze. Time to dance with style.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 05:06:15 PM by Messiah »

highzealot

« Reply #344 on: December 24, 2013, 05:24:41 PM »
Attempted my first large ship building. Used 6000/4000/6000/3000 and 100 development and got 8 hour timer. Not using instant construction so I can wake up to a nice surprise. Never thought I would ever say this but I think I'm gonna be running low on development before resources.

Also, the event so far has been super fun. I think I won't be suffering and despairing at all to this little Christmas present from the devs.

Woke up to Yamato.  :D

« Reply #345 on: December 24, 2013, 08:53:44 PM »
Congrats.

This whole event has just been a bunch of praying to god that Iona procs her cut in on Haruna.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 08:59:09 PM by Wind God Guy »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #346 on: December 25, 2013, 12:32:21 AM »
Cleared E-2 using the fleet I mentioned before (swapped Maya for Nagato). Got Yuugumo. Still searching for Zuihou.

Red Frost

« Reply #347 on: December 25, 2013, 08:34:30 AM »
I spent all day doing expeditions while cleaning so I could do one more LSC without dipping under 10k of any resource.
Decided to give 5k/5k/6k/3k/20 Dev a shot.
Right after two Hyuugas and an Ise, I'm given another Ise for my troubles.

This game.  This freaking game.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #348 on: December 27, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »

I did it! Or rather, Takao/Haruharu did.

I can discuss strategy after I've slept if anyone is struggling, but the Jana Rules of Naval Warfare include such tidbits as LINE AHEAD ALWAYS and DOUBLE NIGHT ATTACKS, so there probably won't be much to discuss!

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #349 on: December 27, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »
That's what I've been doing for the past 2 days, but without much luck, mostly because of MAYA CARNIVAL on the node before the boss node that always deal heavy damage to one of my kanmusu which makes me fall back. Currently trying 2 carriers strategy, but luck is not on my side it seems.

Edit: After typing the above, went to try again with the fleet I've been using since yesterday. In 6 runs, got to Kongou 4 times and finally defeated her (the first victory was my first run in the map with a totally different fleet).
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS TAKAO!

Ironically, I got Kongou from this victory :V
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:47:20 PM by Messiah »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #350 on: December 27, 2013, 04:00:56 PM »
I need to build a farming fleet so I can get Nagato and the Kancolle Haruna from E-3! :V

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #351 on: December 27, 2013, 04:38:17 PM »
I will be using the subs after they come back from expedition and carriers to farm for Zuihou since I stocked on bauxite because people said it would be the most used resource for the event. Luckily I can get a Gouya so I can do the 4 sub expedition. Now for the large construction.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:42:38 PM by Messiah »

highzealot

« Reply #352 on: December 27, 2013, 06:51:39 PM »
My 2 torpedo goddesses (haven't gotten Kiso to level 65 yet) were the mvps for me. Well, actually it was mainly Ooi. She just keeps one shotting other Kongou with HALF her night double attack. Her night battle line is also so nice to hear.
"Hehehehe... this isn't enough at all... I want to fire more torpedoes!"

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #353 on: December 28, 2013, 04:14:57 AM »
So uh....is Taihou actually good? If shes on Soryuu/Hiryuu level then no LSC for me, currently need to finding a replacement for Zuikaku (shes not bad, just bored with her)

Is that 4 luck gonna cripple her hard or hardly relevant? (from what i know luck stat mostly used to determine cut-in chance at night battle)

I do know her niche is the only CV who can still launch planes at moderate damage, but we are talking about 6k bauxite per attempt and its still FRIGGIN 12% chance
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #354 on: December 28, 2013, 04:29:58 AM »
Best stats of all CVs bar planes (Kaga) and luck.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 04:33:08 AM by Bio »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #355 on: December 28, 2013, 06:07:06 AM »
Ugh. E-2 is like the embodiment of hell at the moment.

I must have been lucky the day I unlocked the map, since I was able to knock off half of the boss gauge nearly instantly.  Ever since then though, my attempts have either been stonewalled by Kirishima on her node or by the RNG deciding that my ships should attack everything except Haruna.

Eugh.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

highzealot

« Reply #356 on: December 28, 2013, 06:34:22 AM »
Ugh. E-2 is like the embodiment of hell at the moment.

I must have been lucky the day I unlocked the map, since I was able to knock off half of the boss gauge nearly instantly.  Ever since then though, my attempts have either been stonewalled by Kirishima on her node or by the RNG deciding that my ships should attack everything except Haruna.

Eugh.

E-2 is the toughest map of this event in my opinion. The fleet I used was 2 fog,, 2 CLT, 1 CV and 1 BB. Got through after a few tries. Remember you can take things slow without regenerating life-bar. No need to do anything you think is risky.

Also found a nice video.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #357 on: December 28, 2013, 08:43:47 AM »
In this event map, i feel that DD and CA classes seriously needs buff

My Yukikaze kai and Kinugasa kai ni with max remodel still clumsy as hell at day (i alr sparkled em+good equip) and at night they cut-in wrong target resulting in failure (also things liek beaver got carnivaled, forced to end sortie early, not cut-in attack kongou, etc)

Decided to ditch those two and replace em with two BBs, event map suddenly feels like childs play

So....why use DD and CA if BB at night still murders everything? If the reason is "conserve resource" then why bring Iona Takao and Haruna to the event map? Why even attempt event map in the first place? For anti sub obviously you look at Yuubari Isuzu not DDs

My god if those two ain't rare, i already scrap em because they are just pathetic

edit : DD at least oneshot anything except certain few if procs cut-in at night, CA is just poor man's BB at any time for me
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 08:52:09 AM by CloverNaght »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #358 on: December 28, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »
My E-2 team was 3 subs plus Iona. Ran E-2 about 30 times to clear it over two days. I did E-1 and E-3 within a couple of hours, for comparison.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #359 on: December 28, 2013, 10:48:41 AM »
Also found a nice video.

This video is guilty of making me want to try kancolle.

It, and you, must be executed. This is bun law.