Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287497 times)

Bio

• resident walker
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #300 on: December 01, 2013, 10:53:59 AM »
Suddenly I now have 5 KTKMs when only two weeks ago I had never had a single one. This game and its RNG.

« Reply #301 on: December 01, 2013, 12:05:53 PM »
If you're asking what the game is, it's basically card collecting, and some battles where you pick 6 shipgirls/cards which can battle enemy ships. No user input involved for those.
Eh, look here:
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_How_to_Play

It's nice for a little pastime if you're into collecting cute stuff, or interested in warships - otherwise, not so much, since it's essentially an RNGfest.

Thank you friend.

« Reply #302 on: December 01, 2013, 05:35:51 PM »
Currently, I believe the majority of players (at least on /jp/) agree that with no fatigue (Mamiya button not blinking) it is safe to continue in orange.

After the event, I agree with that. People also say it's safe to pursue to night  battle if they entered into battle at full, green or even yellow HP even if ended in red though I've yet to risk testing that out and I doubt I ever will.
You can tell from the fleet  or repair menu when a ship is liable to die. The healthbars blink red.
Orange is safe unless fatigued, anyone (maybe just yellow and worse) can sink on severe fatigue.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #303 on: December 04, 2013, 08:22:58 AM »
Looks like Murasame Kai got updated art and lines *wanted a 2nd Remodel*.  She doesn't look as cheerful anymore but the art's still nice.  I feel bad using my Lvl 6 one for Modernization back when I was running out of room but I got one last night and decided to hang on to it because of all the Shiratsuyu-class updates in the past.

EDIT:
WELL THEN. (NSFW because yes)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 10:04:28 AM by Red Frost »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2013, 03:28:14 AM »
Whew, had another lucky day at crafting today. 300/300/600/600 gave me Hiryuu and my second 430/430/630/30 gave me Suzuya. Already had Kumano from a previous run of the same recipe, giving me about 20 attempts in total. Now, I only need to hunt down Zuikaku and Mutsu, and I won't need to touch crafting again for some time.....

And another thing - the RNG seems time-seeded somehow. Every time I picked up Suzuya/Kumano/Mogami, it was just after 11 am in my timezone. Could be coincidence, but then again.....

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #305 on: December 09, 2013, 07:06:57 AM »
Haha, OP Shigure:
[attach=1]

Spoiler:
In case you're wondering what happened, I had just swapped out Shigure for Nagato, and then dropped straight into a PvP. For some reason, all pics and voices remained as Shigure, but stats and equipment were Nagato's. I wish I managed to screenshot the moment Shigure did a cut-in with 2x41cm and 12.7cm.

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #306 on: December 10, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »
OK guys,

Here's some news for those who haven't been following the latest news from Mel-Febri Magazine. Apperently there was interview with one of the Kancolle staffers and we learned a few things about what's going to happen over the next few months:

1. There is some kind of Christmas event that's being planned, not much is known about it at the moment. Speculation mentions a collaboration between Kancolle and Arppegio of Blue Steel. Wether it relates for the events or not is unknown.

2. There's mention that when building resources, the staff mention in the article they're going to eventually make it so you can use resources in the quad digits. And that this will be necessary to build Grand Battleships (this to me also suggests that Musashi and Yamato will eventually become craftable once this system is implemented).

3. Marriage System: This made me turn my head when I first heard about it, but it may not be that kind of "marriage" Supposedly you will only be able to do this when your Kanmusu hits level 99. It may have something to do with increased stats and a higher level cap.

4.New Big Event in the plans to be release before March...The Battle of Midway The staff has given us some info regarding this event as well, which consist of this..

Bauxite will be MUST for this event battle. So stock up!

Suicide Fleets are HIGHLY DISCOURAGED so if your records show you been killing Kanmusu left and right, you might not be able to participate in this event. (And yes, there's a "hidden record" that apperently shows how many girls you killed that you cannot see.

There are other hidden stats players may have been unaware of that are also hidden for example, CL's won't be using maximum potential of 20.3 cm cannons, and effectiveness of main/secondary weapon is not absolute.

The staff is experimenting with mobile boss units as in Bosses that'll move torward you and not to them. And in these cases they will likely not have an HP bar.

Also the Battle of Midway Event will introduce us to a new class, Armored Aircraft Carriers, so with that, we might end up expecting Taiho along with other Armor Aircraft Carriers to get during this event.

That's pretty much what has been revealed as of this point.

As for this week's maintenance the staff hinted there will be one ship girl that'll get an upgrade for this update.

The hints are this: She was part of the 5th Fleet, she was a 5,500t class CL, she participated in the Northern Campaign, and she was going to be made into a Torpedo Cruiser, but never had the chance.

OH also there's this: http://kancolle-anime.jp/ Diomedea confirmed to be working on the Kancolle Anime
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 06:35:36 AM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #307 on: December 10, 2013, 11:31:30 PM »
e: oh oops already linked.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 02:58:59 AM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #308 on: December 11, 2013, 02:53:50 AM »
The Battle of Midway
you have GOT to be kidding me

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #309 on: December 11, 2013, 04:42:52 AM »
So will we have to offer up our own CVs too.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 05:04:10 AM by Bio »

Red Frost

« Reply #310 on: December 11, 2013, 04:55:39 AM »
There are other hidden stats players may have been unaware of that are also hidden for example, CL's won't be using maximum potential of 20.3 cm cannons, and effectiveness of main/secondary weapon is not absolute.

*swapped out every single 14cm for a 20.3 cm and scrapped them*
At least the "weaker" guns are easy to replace from random ship drops.

As for this week's maintenance the staff hinted there will be one ship girl that'll get an upgrade for this update.

The hints are this: She was part of the 5th Fleet, she was a 5,500t class CL, she participated in the Northern Campaign, and she was going to be made into a Torpedo Cruiser, but never had the chance.

Supposedly it's Kiso.

Bauxite will be MUST for this event battle. So stock up!

I take it the Battle of Midway is plane-heavy?  I'm not much of a history buff but that's the general vibe I've been getting about it.  It looked like there was talk of enemy ships having a new AA equip called "Proximity Fuze" or something.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #311 on: December 11, 2013, 05:05:55 AM »
I take it the Battle of Midway is plane-heavy?
Considering that it was between two carrier fleets and their supports, I guess you could say that.
Though you probably had googled it already.

Red Frost

« Reply #312 on: December 11, 2013, 05:12:42 AM »
Considering that it was between two carrier fleets and their supports, I guess you could say that.
Though you probably had googled it already.

Wikipedia is a lovely thing.

Totaku

« Reply #313 on: December 11, 2013, 08:09:44 AM »
Supposedly it's Kiso.

Ding Ding you are right! Now your Murasa Dopploganger can look gar as ever!
Pic of Kiso Kai 2
She needs to be level 65 to become this. (She will have extra lines given to her in a later update.)

Also here's other stuff reported form this update:

Carrier bug is fixed! Now the pesky Wo-class and Nu-class Aircraft carriers won't launch planes when moderately damaged or heavily damaged. The same goes for your aircraft carriers and other players aircraft carriers in sorties and practice mode.

The option to turn idle voices off

You will now know how much exp until the next level for your ships on the selection screen 

A new quest has been added and two new composition quests as well.
Now I Twitter

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #314 on: December 11, 2013, 08:20:55 AM »
The best update up until now. I've been thinking that the carrier bug was actually an update to beneficiate your enemy :V

And 10 levels to get the best Kiso.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Red Frost

« Reply #315 on: December 11, 2013, 08:38:50 AM »
Ding Ding you are right! Now your Murasa Dopploganger can look gar as ever!
Pic of Kiso Kai 2
She needs to be level 65 to become this. (She will have extra lines given to her in a later update.)

Carrier bug is fixed! Now the pesky Wo-class and Nu-class Aircraft carriers won't launch planes when moderately damaged or heavily damaged. The same goes for your aircraft carriers and other players aircraft carriers in sorties and practice mode.

You will now know how much exp until the next level for your ships on the selection screen 

This is glorious.  Now I just need a Kiso.  And about 100 Rare Candies.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #316 on: December 11, 2013, 09:02:04 AM »
Man, dat Kiso has style.

*checks level* darn, 54 levels away T.T

And the damaged art: Eyepatch limiter release, draw sword! http://imgur.com/3ss8DtH

Red Frost

« Reply #317 on: December 12, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »

Yeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss.
Speaking of Carriers, I suspect Kahotan's going to cover Nendoroid Akagi in tomorrow's GSC blogpost.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #318 on: December 12, 2013, 07:47:35 PM »
1. There is some kind of Christmas event that's being planned, not much is known about it at the moment.

Little more info: The event is supposed to start on the 24th and focus on light cruisers. The new Kiso remodel is extra incentive if you haven't already been training your CLs!

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #319 on: December 12, 2013, 10:52:30 PM »
Went to AmiAmi to look for a Tenryuu carabiner I had seen before and holy cows. I didn't expect rulers to show up.

Red Frost

« Reply #320 on: December 13, 2013, 09:09:37 AM »
Hide your Bauxite.

Little more info: The event is supposed to start on the 24th and focus on light cruisers. The new Kiso remodel is extra incentive if you haven't already been training your CLs!

There are times I think I train too many ships.
And then there are times I'm glad I have 9 remodeled CLs.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2013, 01:21:25 PM »
A pretty hilarious comic: [Warning, NSFW ads] [nsfw]http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1567862?pool_id=7535[/nsfw]

Recently cleared 3-2 on my first run - got pretty lucky in the BB node, I think. Fleet was Lv55 Yuudachi Kai 2, Lv25 Hibiki, Lv24 Inazuma, Lv38 Shimakaze, Lv38 Yukikaze, Lv35 Shigure. Sparkled all of them before sortie, had a couple down to orange when hitting the boss, but still managed to S-rank it.

On another note, how do you all level ships? I've been using 3-2-A, but I was wondering if 4-1 or 5-2 was faster.

« Reply #322 on: December 16, 2013, 02:06:03 PM »
I am currently leveling in 4-1, slightly safer for me without much repair costs.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #323 on: December 16, 2013, 05:25:08 PM »
I am currently leveling in 4-1, slightly safer for me without much repair costs.

Hmm, I see. Worth a shot then.

On another note, with the acquisition of Mutsu, my first page is now complete! Now I only need to pick up Zuikaku and I won't have to think about crafting again.....well, at least until large ship crafting shows up.

Totaku

« Reply #324 on: December 16, 2013, 06:16:00 PM »
Welp, it's known there will be no maintenance for this Wendsday so we admirals should be preparing for the Arpeggio event next week.

But in the mean time there is a message that caught my attention.

https://twitter.com/KanColle_STAFF/status/411657848838316033

Does this suggest what I think it suggest? That we might get....
Spoiler:
German based Kanmusu
and a
Spoiler:
Constructable Hachi
by then?
Now I Twitter

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #325 on: December 18, 2013, 06:08:06 AM »
So I recently got into this game, and I just recently unlocked the second map

And wow I love how hilariously useful submarines are early on. They basically redirect all attacks to themselves, and using them as flagships where they can't really sink (as long as their health isn't low when you go in) makes a lot of battles hilarious. All the misses when they shoot it down to 1hp during the boss battle, even in night battles :V

Btw, the game is pretty fun so far.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #326 on: December 18, 2013, 08:20:03 AM »
So I recently got into this game, and I just recently unlocked the second map

And wow I love how hilariously useful submarines are early on. They basically redirect all attacks to themselves, and using them as flagships where they can't really sink (as long as their health isn't low when you go in) makes a lot of battles hilarious. All the misses when they shoot it down to 1hp during the boss battle, even in night battles :V

Btw, the game is pretty fun so far.

"Submarines"
"Early on"

Lucky.........

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #327 on: December 18, 2013, 08:33:02 AM »
"Submarines"
"Early on"

Lucky.........
1 Submarine, 5 Light Cruisers, and a fuckton of Destroyers :V

PS: The very second ship I built was a Light Cruiser, Naka, on the default 30/30/30/30 build
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 08:37:24 AM by Gpop »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #328 on: December 18, 2013, 08:47:32 AM »
Because every fleet needs its idol.

« Reply #329 on: December 18, 2013, 08:48:08 AM »
Haiz I am still crafting for my I-58 submarine and RNG goddess doesn't smile on me. Keep getting heavy cruisers.  :(

I am just grinding levels at 3-2 and 4-1 now instead of pushing through the different areas.