Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287428 times)

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #270 on: November 26, 2013, 10:49:48 AM »
Spoiler:
Now you'll be forever paranoid about losing ships and recall as soon as one goes into yellow and have heart attacks when things get crit.
this happens to me as well, lost my Iku on my usual grind run 1 week ago (i was playing other game while waiting the battle ended, didn't know she only has 1 hp)
I'd scrap my Zuikaku (which i got on the same day she died) if that can revive her
Spoiler:
;_;
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #271 on: November 26, 2013, 02:41:23 PM »
B-but ponytail is love.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #272 on: November 26, 2013, 04:33:25 PM »
SUCCESS!

I've still got 14k Fuel, 15k Ammo, 13k Steel, 10~11k Bauxite, and about 150 Buckets.  I can give E-3 a couple of tries and hope I get Agano, but something tells me I'll be sticking to E-1/2 for Yuugumo.

« Reply #273 on: November 26, 2013, 07:19:27 PM »
... I just lost Ooi on E-2.  I've never lost a ship before.
Somebody hold me.
just miss-clicked and lost two of my girls. Thankfully no one too rare, but still hurts to lose the time invested into them.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #274 on: November 26, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
I wasn't able to best E-4 consistently enough to get Hachi, and now Henderson's health regen'd WAY too much for me to make it in 3 hours. I tried my best... At least I have the rewards from E-1 through 3. I'll just have to try and craft Hachi in a few months. ;-;

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #275 on: November 27, 2013, 02:18:20 AM »
Event's over, teitokus! Did you all get what you wanted out of it?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #276 on: November 27, 2013, 02:48:10 AM »
I ended up being lazy and not doing E-2 after all. I did however get Nagato yesterday the one time I fired up the game in a week or so. :V
Let's fight.

Red Frost

« Reply #277 on: November 27, 2013, 01:25:01 PM »

I didn't sleep and grinded up to the very end of the event, but still no Yuugumo or Agano...  I was stupid and forgot that there was a support expedition I could've been using on the boss of E-3.  I got to use the support fleet once but even then I didn't sink the boss.  I had one fleet composed for E-3 runs and one for E-2 runs and alternated between running both maps so I could let one rest and the other fight.  Even though I lost my first ship on E-2, it became my favorite map to grind once I understood it.  The only time I ever got sent off-course from the boss was when I got sent to that damn hangar node (where I lost Ooi).
Aside from Noshiro and Iku, I got Melon-chan Yuubari, so that's pretty nice.  I also got a spare Imuya from E-3, but that felt more like a slap in the face.  I'll probably hang on to it just in case.

So... did hell freeze over and someone get a Yahagi?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #278 on: November 27, 2013, 03:06:49 PM »

I didn't sleep and grinded up to the very end of the event, but still no Yuugumo or Agano...  I was stupid and forgot that there was a support expedition I could've been using on the boss of E-3.  I got to use the support fleet once but even then I didn't sink the boss.  I had one fleet composed for E-3 runs and one for E-2 runs and alternated between running both maps so I could let one rest and the other fight.  Even though I lost my first ship on E-2, it became my favorite map to grind once I understood it.  The only time I ever got sent off-course from the boss was when I got sent to that damn hangar node (where I lost Ooi).
Aside from Noshiro and Iku, I got Melon-chan Yuubari, so that's pretty nice.  I also got a spare Imuya from E-3, but that felt more like a slap in the face.  I'll probably hang on to it just in case.

So... did hell freeze over and someone get a Yahagi?

Oh well, at least you can still grind for Yuugumo around stage 4/5, IIRC. As for Agano-classes - believe me, I have very little idea why they have such high rarity. Anyways, they should be coming for craftable soon - and with the rumored new system, things might be a touch easier.

As for Yahagi....I'm not sure if anyone here even finished E-5 - I gave it a couple of shots, but got redirected to the non-boss node both times, and gave up. Oh well, time to grind furniture coins for the Takao-class model.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 03:09:47 PM by qMyon »

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #279 on: November 27, 2013, 04:27:27 PM »
Even after begging a friend to help me clear E4 on his day off (because I had school and everyone cleared E4 sitting down at a computer and burning a good 8 hours away) I failed to destroy airport hime and gave up getting my yellow submarine. Though I did get Yuubari from the attempts, I guess she's a nice consolation..

Also, heads up, two new windows and a free xmas tree in the store! The windows are really pretty  :3 but then I spent all my money getting that nice autumn wall so gotta save up again... orz

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #280 on: November 27, 2013, 11:05:25 PM »
Anyone got some furniture recommendations which requires the cash shop furniture craft item for me to get using the E-3 and B17(deploy subs quest) rewards?

« Reply #281 on: November 27, 2013, 11:41:07 PM »

Not really
Wanted Zuihou and Suzuya
Also I already have a level 71 Zuikaku

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #282 on: November 28, 2013, 05:30:48 AM »
You now able to choose formation in PvP
all those 4 SS strats are so ez mode to beat now

Red Frost

« Reply #283 on: November 28, 2013, 05:47:23 AM »
Oh well, at least you can still grind for Yuugumo around stage 4/5, IIRC. As for Agano-classes - believe me, I have very little idea why they have such high rarity. Anyways, they should be coming for craftable soon - and with the rumored new system, things might be a touch easier.

As for Yahagi....I'm not sure if anyone here even finished E-5 - I gave it a couple of shots, but got redirected to the non-boss node both times, and gave up. Oh well, time to grind furniture coins for the Takao-class model.

There's talk of a Christmas event, so maybe they'll become droppable for it.  From some of the comments it sounds like it has to do with a recent anime.

Anyone else find the Modernization UI update really underwhelming?  There's an indication on the list page if a ship has maxed out everything, but I still can't tell who has what stat maxed out unless I check the actual Modernization page, which takes you back to the start of the list instead of what page you were viewing when you hit the "back" button.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #284 on: November 28, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
What I really appreciate about the update is how it's suddenly quicker to click on things and actually do stuff in the UI; there used to be a gigantic delay between most stuff and while it's still there to a degree it's noticably cut down I believe. They mentioned this in the update log (found on the Japanese wiki) too:
Quote from: update log
【改装→装備変更】処理の高速化
→処理に時間の掛ることの多かった【改装→装備変更】を高速化しました。装備リストを開く&同ページ送りも高速化されました。
これに伴い、リスト表示並び順がID順から装備種類順に変更されます。
※表示順変更についてご留意頂けますと幸いです。
...which basically says they sped up a lot of the menus and such. I'm also noticing somewhat better speed in battles, probably related.
Let's fight.

« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2013, 10:49:33 AM »

at long last.

Edit
How the heck do I pass 2-4.
 What strategies work; who do I need to grind?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:11:18 AM by Think Komachi with a Rifle »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #286 on: November 30, 2013, 03:26:14 AM »

at long last.

Edit
How the heck do I pass 2-4.
 What strategies work; who do I need to grind?

Congrats on the subgirl!

On 2-4, I brute-forced it with 4BB 2CV - as long as you have them remodeled and preferably modernised, with a little RNG help, you should make it through. Some have used a single high-level sub to make it through, but that needs a lot of luck.

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #287 on: November 30, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »
2-4 is quite an annoying stage tho, i saw some people even took a week just to complete it even with 4 BB 2 CV (might faster if they just bucketspam)
i cleared 2-4 with remodeled+max modern imuya, and that takes like 26 buckets just to clear it (no turbine)

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #288 on: November 30, 2013, 09:52:31 AM »
It took me 2 weeks~ to clear 2-4, but I'd go for it and if I had failed I would wait those 10 hours for Akagi to get repaired. I am more concerned about 3-2 that either sends my destroyers north or they get crit'd at the second node.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

pasu

« Reply #289 on: November 30, 2013, 03:06:55 PM »
I grinded the first two nodes of 2-4 for a few weeks, trying to get Shimakaze (and I did! eventually) after I got her, I grinded for one more week and my ships were kinda overleveled so... yeah lmao
I didn't clear it the first time I went there though, because I picked the wrong formation due to wrong information :(

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #290 on: November 30, 2013, 03:31:17 PM »
Over leveled?  I tried 2-4 once when my main fleet was lvl 30ish and now months down the track all three of my fleets are around 40-50 and fully equipped. Haven't attempted it again since. Grinding up destroyers absent-mindedly is the hip thing to do.

Red Frost

« Reply #291 on: December 01, 2013, 03:56:43 AM »
A ship that enters a battle with "Minor" (yellow) damage is safe from sinking, correct?
Just double checking... cuz y'know...
Spoiler:
Bio was right.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #292 on: December 01, 2013, 04:15:11 AM »
lolno

full hp or bust

« Reply #293 on: December 01, 2013, 04:18:50 AM »
What actually is it?

Red Frost

« Reply #294 on: December 01, 2013, 04:48:23 AM »
lolno

full hp or bust

Well damn.  I went back and read this on the "How to Play" page and thought maybe yellow was the buffer for sinking.
Ship girls who enter a battle undamaged or lightly damaged may take major damage, but shouldn't sink. If you enter a battle with a ship at moderate damage or greater, they are at risk of sinking and being lost forever!

I didn't know what the different stages of damage were until the wiki finished the Combat Mechanics page.

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #295 on: December 01, 2013, 07:47:56 AM »
Currently, I believe the majority of players (at least on /jp/) agree that with no fatigue (Mamiya button not blinking) it is safe to continue in orange.

After the event, I agree with that. People also say it's safe to pursue to night  battle if they entered into battle at full, green or even yellow HP even if ended in red though I've yet to risk testing that out and I doubt I ever will.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #296 on: December 01, 2013, 08:29:16 AM »
Currently, I believe the majority of players (at least on /jp/) agree that with no fatigue (Mamiya button not blinking) it is safe to continue in orange.

After the event, I agree with that. People also say it's safe to pursue to night  battle if they entered into battle at full, green or even yellow HP even if ended in red though I've yet to risk testing that out and I doubt I ever will.

Well.......with no fatigue, my Yukikaze did get blasted during E-4, starting from orange, then red, then sunk. Good thing I had a repair crew on her, though. I'm paranoid like that - without a repair crew, I'm not continuing even with moderate damage. I've put too much into my shipgirls to lose them......

« Reply #297 on: December 01, 2013, 08:45:50 AM »
Is it battleship?

pasu

« Reply #298 on: December 01, 2013, 09:44:23 AM »
I've always treated light (yellow) damage as still fine. Whenever I bring orange ships to battle they don't die either, though if they do go into red night battles are nerve-wrecking >_>
I always thought mere orange was enough for sinking, but midway in the event after hearing the ships have to be fatigued too I went on even though my ships were orange and uh none of them sank :V though I think there were reports of orange non fatigued ships sinking so just pray to RNG

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #299 on: December 01, 2013, 10:00:38 AM »
Is it battleship?

If you're asking what the game is, it's basically card collecting, and some battles where you pick 6 shipgirls/cards which can battle enemy ships. No user input involved for those.
Eh, look here:
http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:_How_to_Play

It's nice for a little pastime if you're into collecting cute stuff, or interested in warships - otherwise, not so much, since it's essentially an RNGfest.