Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287499 times)

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2013, 01:08:03 AM »
Hey running 6BB/5BB1Kaga makes it hard to clear even E2
Welp because training all my other ships hasnt been going so well so I don't have a CL/DD above level 15 (besides starter DD)

you've got 2 weeks, go grind somemore (like i am) if you're going to stick to that layout you're going to have a haaard time (because E3 requires carriers)

status update, unlocked 4th fleet, kai 2'd kongou, pausing my E4 progress to grind my shipgirls so I don't have to sacrifice them to clear the map
Kinugasa 17 more levels to gooooo

I know that. But "musume", unless you're specifically talking about someone's daughter, means "girl".

every girl is someone's daughter! (mine)

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2013, 01:26:20 AM »
I practically gave up on E-4 since it was upsetting me too much and I would've lost much of my study time in those remaining days of the event grinding for resources. Felt much better after telling myself "IT'S JUST A GODDAMN BLOND IN A SWINSUIT! STOP TRYING SO HARD!". Didn't touch the game for 2 days now, but I will probably come back this week and start going for clear on 3-2.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #242 on: November 18, 2013, 01:37:52 AM »
I practically gave up on E-4 since it was upsetting me too much and I would've lost much of my study time in those remaining days of the event grinding for resources. Felt much better after telling myself "IT'S JUST A GODDAMN BLOND IN A SWINSUIT! STOP TRYING SO HARD!". Didn't touch the game for 2 days now, but I will probably come back this week and start going for clear on 3-2.

I'm very close to also giving up on E-4 but I think I'm gonna blow all my resources away before I give it up. Surely the RNG will have mercy eventually?

/Edit: Gave up. Ran out of buckets. Started with over 180.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:49:19 AM by highzealot »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #243 on: November 19, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »
AHAHAHA, YES!!!!!

[attach=1]

Was grinding 2-3 for transport quest completions, but got sent to the boss instead - saw blue background on the drop, thought "Oh man, another destroyer"......But it's a sub! It feels like every time Akagi gets critted during a sortie and I go on, something nice drops.  :D

Now I just need to finish building up resources for E-4........Anyone got tips on grinding steel?

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #244 on: November 19, 2013, 04:05:57 PM »
Do you have 3-2 unlocked? If so, get to the metal node and restart the game through the API link, if not, Expedition is the way.

pasu

« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2013, 04:44:38 PM »
Just a note that the 3-2 steel refreshing trick also has the risk of DMM catching you and then banning your account ' 3'

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2013, 04:53:39 AM »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE.
This game hates you.

1. Hiei gets 2nd remodel at level 75
 2. Yahagi added as new drop reward from E-5 boss node
 3. Suzuya and Kumano become droppable from E-1, E-2 and E-3 boss node
 4. New sprite, voice update for Shiratsuyu-Kai
 5. New furnitures added

So much for getting all the Agano CLs.  Oh well, back to raising my AA farm.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2013, 05:04:03 AM »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE.
This game hates you.

So much for getting all the Agano CLs.  Oh well, back to raising my AA farm.
I want her. But I don't think I have any chance of a drop even if I get to E-5.

Red Frost

« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »
I want her. But I don't think I have any chance of a drop even if I get to E-5.

I kept telling myself I probably wouldn't want the new ship they're adding but then they go and make her an Agano class and give her a ponytail.
At least Noshiro is a reward.  Not sure if I'll get Agano since she's a random drop.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #249 on: November 21, 2013, 06:21:48 AM »
An Agano-class with Yamato-rarity after remodel.....plus I hear it's a 1% chance on A-rank and 2% on S-rank.......

pasu

« Reply #250 on: November 21, 2013, 07:45:22 AM »
Woah is the drop rate really that low?!

Might have to give up running E4 and hachi, running out of time..

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #251 on: November 21, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
Woah is the drop rate really that low?!

Might have to give up running E4 and hachi, running out of time..

That's what someone said in the wiki comments - that said, my exams are coming up, and so I'm not going to be able to do much for E-4 either - can't gather enough resources, steel's still stuck at 12K, and only 82 buckets. :(

I may do something desperate, though, and try what someone did in the comments. Apparently, Kongou-Haruna-Inazuma-Maya-Shimakaze-KTKM got him to the boss almost every time, resulting in just 7000/60 buckets consumed. If I can't emulate that, have to say goodbye to Hachi for a very long time.

highzealot

« Reply #252 on: November 21, 2013, 03:26:07 PM »
That's what someone said in the wiki comments - that said, my exams are coming up, and so I'm not going to be able to do much for E-4 either - can't gather enough resources, steel's still stuck at 12K, and only 82 buckets. :(

I may do something desperate, though, and try what someone did in the comments. Apparently, Kongou-Haruna-Inazuma-Maya-Shimakaze-KTKM got him to the boss almost every time, resulting in just 7000/60 buckets consumed. If I can't emulate that, have to say goodbye to Hachi for a very long time.

Chances are he got really good RNG to use so little resources. I had really bad RNG as I keep getting hit by cut-ins and crits before the boss and failed to beat E-4 with over 180 buckets 20k fuel and 30k steel though it was just buckets I ran out of while fuel and steel got very low.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #253 on: November 22, 2013, 01:17:19 PM »
Goti nto the game for the first time after E-4's trauma. Since I still have plenty of resources and enough time I am thinking of going back to the glourious E-3 to try and get some furniture item and torpedos for Kitakami and Ooi.

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #254 on: November 22, 2013, 08:11:10 PM »
Saw one some kinda pro or lucky as all hell player get Musashi
/green eyed jealousy to the fucking MAX/
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #255 on: November 23, 2013, 03:10:23 PM »
AHAHAHAHAHA - EAT EXPLOSIVE SHELL, AIRPORT-HIME!!!!!

[attach=1]

8 hours and 33 sorties, with about 12k/10k/9k resources and 89 buckets consumed, but it's finally done with no casualties!
It turns out that 2BB/2DD/CLT/CA is a great setup to chip down the bar - followed by 2BB/2CA/2CLT for the kill.

A lot of it is due to using double line on non-boss nodes. Yes, evasion isn't quite as good as line ahead, but it makes the difference between orange and red when you are cut-in - and sometimes reduces them to scratch damage. Also, once you've gotten her down to killable health, take a break - it seemed as though the RNG suddenly turned vicious, what with double attacks failing to crit, and cut-ins blasting to red, and H-node being suddenly very attractive. It went away later, though.

I don't think I can manage Musashi, though - I'm down to 25 buckets and 7k resources, and have examinations next week - so all the best, fellow teitokus!

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2013, 12:56:50 PM »
Looks like someone put them together - it was only a matter of time....

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm22191949

pasu

« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2013, 01:57:02 AM »
2 days left for meeee

I'm trying to rush 4 more k coins for dat autumn wallpaper but also trying to simultaenously grind my fleet for a last chance for E4..

@Myon - may i know your fleet levels? I would like to know if my current fleet stands a chance ;_;

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2013, 03:43:04 AM »
2 days left for meeee

I'm trying to rush 4 more k coins for dat autumn wallpaper but also trying to simultaenously grind my fleet for a last chance for E4..

@Myon - may i know your fleet levels? I would like to know if my current fleet stands a chance ;_;

Well, the image shows my killfleet - Lv32 Kongo, Lv50 Haruna, Lv57 KTKM, Lv54 Ooi, Lv39 Chokai, Lv45 Maya.

My bar-depletion fleet substituted Ooi and Chokai for 3 rotating destroyers - Lv35 Yukikaze, Lv33 Shimakaze, Lv25 Inazuma. They're all higher level by now, of course. As long as your CLTs are second remodel, you should have a shot even if the rest are lower level.

highzealot

« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2013, 05:51:58 AM »
The biggest factors of E-4 in my opinion is resources (fuel, steel and buckets) and RNG. If the RNG Goddess really hates you, 20k resources and almost 200 buckets can go down the drain while still failing completely at E-4. If she loves you, you might lose less than 10k resources and 100 buckets.

Sacrificial DDs are also an option to just get the boss within killing range but I'm glad I chose to give up on E-4 and not use such an evil tactic. Still sad that RNG hated me during my attempt though.

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2013, 11:50:32 AM »
Err.....any decent method to get Kaga?
Friggin 42 boss nodes on 2-3 and still no sight of her
Goddamn 48 runs on 4-2 and still no her
One whole week of 3-1 run and STILL no Kaga! Crafting basicly lackluster for me because getting a very specific CV is too hard due to lolnoresource after those run and the chance to even get actual CV/CVL is low even with best aircraft recipe...(Already annoyed to death with those Houshou/RJ/Hiyous fest)
Not even Zuikaku costs THIS much, my god

« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:53:15 AM by AkurouNyan~ »
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

Totaku

• The Traveling Otaku of Gensokyo
  • I want to be a little NEET moon princess
« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »
Yes, I've got suckered into the Kancolle trap and decided to play... trying to understand the hype behind it.

Let's just say it's a fascinating experience in it's own way and I don't have to force myself to play it constantly. Which is a plus.

Also I did managed to make myself powerful enough to at least get into the event so I took on E-1 managed to defeat the battleship boss and collect I-19! (moe submarine is moe)

I know there is not much time yet, but I must ask. Should I dare try for E-2? I hear that place is not too difficult and I might be able to handle it with my current fleet. (mainly consists of a Light Aircraft Carrier, a battleship, 2 heavy cruisers and 2 light cruiser)

Edit: Nevermind, tried it. Apperently, I am unsure if I can handle continuous night attacks or not, but I'm going to try at least for thr duaration we have left of this event.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:11:41 PM by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otaku Kind.
Tsunami Channel Home of  Japanese webcomics Artist Akira Hasegawa.
My Deviant Art site gallery
Now I Twitter

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2013, 06:33:08 PM »
I beg to differ. Have been trying to get Zuikaku only to get shouhouhoushoushouhouhoushouhoushoushouhou. And have only gotten only 2 Shoukaku up to date. Not that it actually matters, since I've gotten Kaga only 2 times on drops and 2 times on crafting.

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2013, 11:37:07 PM »
I beg to differ. Have been trying to get Zuikaku only to get shouhouhoushoushouhouhoushouhoushoushouhou. And have only gotten only 2 Shoukaku up to date. Not that it actually matters, since I've gotten Kaga only 2 times on drops and 2 times on crafting.
Hmm where you got her? Since so far most people i know got Kaga from craft only

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #264 on: November 26, 2013, 12:24:37 AM »
I've been trying for a Kaku sister and KTKM for months now. In fact I haven't been doing anything lately other than playing every couple of days and rolling 300/30/400/425 and grinding my destroyers on practice.
Except the other day I accidentally screwed up my CV recipe and got a cruiser build. I was frustrated at my waste of resources until it turned out to be KTKM. I get drops from Kaga in 2-2 and 2-3.
This Zui hunt has at cost me at least 40k bauxite right now.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #265 on: November 26, 2013, 12:52:07 AM »
Iam not so sure myself, but I guess it was on world 4. Pretty sure it wasn't on 2 and if it were on 3, the only possibility is that it was on 3-1.

CloverNaght

• FOEs r scareh
« Reply #266 on: November 26, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »
K noted, damn gold rarity feels like hunting for hologram rarity ship...got like 3 pages full of kongou classes and scrapped all of em only to reappear in next 4-5 days from my runs

As for Zuikaku issue, i saw somewhere on youtube where someone got 2 of her out of 10 tries with all 999 recipe. I got her from 300/30/400/401 recipe on 12nd try (somewhat i feel like this recipe actually is the best CV/CVL, got many aircrafts constantly despite most of em is RJ/Houshou/LOLSORYUU)

Basicly Soryuu is Naka-chan CV version, Kongou class is Naka-chan BB version)

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2013, 04:39:53 AM »
Well, I did pick up Kaga once from 2-3's boss node - but she's probably pretty rare.

Red Frost

« Reply #268 on: November 26, 2013, 08:49:24 AM »
... I just lost Ooi on E-2.  I've never lost a ship before.
Somebody hold me.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #269 on: November 26, 2013, 10:12:09 AM »
... I just lost Ooi on E-2.  I've never lost a ship before.
Somebody hold me.
Spoiler:
Now you'll be forever paranoid about losing ships and recall as soon as one goes into yellow and have heart attacks when things get crit.