Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287495 times)

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
Re: Kancolle
« Reply #210 on: November 10, 2013, 01:15:08 PM »
IT'S 7 AM AND I'M TRYING NOT TO LAUGH LIKE AN IDIOT.

I've been grinding and building and trying so hard just for her, and she's finally here!
Not only did I get one of the first ships I ever wanted, but now I can finally unlock the 4th fleet and stop wasting all my resources on 2-2 and Construction.
Now I can get angry at Construction for not giving me other ships.

I can't bring myself to exit the Get! page.  It's too beautiful.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #211 on: November 10, 2013, 01:42:23 PM »
Nice one, congrats!

Status update: Frantically trying to accumulate resources and level to get to E-4. I mean, gold rarity sub - that'll take forever to craft!

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #212 on: November 10, 2013, 03:49:19 PM »
I am more interested in that delicious looking Musashi, but since I will be going for E-4 clear only on next Sunday due the lack of resources I highly doubt I will be able to clear E-5 till the end of the event. My interest in the sub is only so I can clear the quests and expeditions that require 3 subs. And crafting subs is too painful.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #213 on: November 11, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »
I am more interested in that delicious looking Musashi, but since I will be going for E-4 clear only on next Sunday due the lack of resources I highly doubt I will be able to clear E-5 till the end of the event. My interest in the sub is only so I can clear the quests and expeditions that require 3 subs. And crafting subs is too painful.

Hmm.....what fleet are you going to be using for E-4? I really want to try, but I'm not sure if I'm too underleveled.....

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #214 on: November 11, 2013, 03:45:47 PM »
Currently, the fleet I am thinking of using is this one plus someone else that I haven't decided yet:

All 5 have the 3 type ammo for the extra damage and since CLs can't equip them using the CAs is the best shot, in my opinion, since they aren't as costly as BBs but still can deal pretty high damage on night battles. Aside that, everyone has 2 red guns for double attack plus a radar  since I have only one engine which Kirishima is using. The only thing left is to do the ritual from friday to sunday.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #215 on: November 11, 2013, 04:09:42 PM »
Currently, the fleet I am thinking of using is this one plus someone else that I haven't decided yet:

All 5 have the 3 type ammo for the extra damage and since CLs can't equip them using the CAs is the best shot, in my opinion, since they aren't as costly as BBs but still can deal pretty high damage on night battles. Aside that, everyone has 2 red guns for double attack plus a radar  since I have only one engine which Kirishima is using. The only thing left is to do the ritual from friday to sunday.

Hmm.....level 40 CAs - I might actually have a shot at this, plus I have the type 3 ammo ready. All the vids I watched had nutty levels like 70 or so, which there is no way in hell I can reach in the time left. Thanks!

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #216 on: November 12, 2013, 05:23:32 PM »
Whew, that's done with E-2. A really funny thing, though - I was busy trying to kill off the boss, once the map bar was depleted. However, never in any of my sorties was the boss fully killed - and never was the boss targeted by more than one of my kanmusu. Now, I tried one more time - and this time, I just thought, "Heck, why not," and spam-clicked the boss' picture as the battle went on. Miracle of miracles, my first two, and then my fourth (Mogami, Yukikaze and Ooi) kanmusu all targeted the boss, finally bringing her down.

Guess there's something to add to your ritual dance now - the ritual spamclickfest!

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #217 on: November 12, 2013, 10:40:59 PM »
Wondering if anyone else keeps a spreadsheet keeping record of daily resource profit or loss and ship crafts/drops. I started one on the 26th of October and I feel like it has really made a large difference on my resource management.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Wondering if anyone else keeps a spreadsheet keeping record of daily resource profit or loss and ship crafts/drops. I started one on the 26th of October and I feel like it has really made a large difference on my resource management.

Hmm....didn't think it worth the effort. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime.

By the way, this seems fairly interesting - wish I could read moonspeak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d1ZXgrWTM8 Guess this is what's happening during a battle, eh?

« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2013, 09:44:26 AM »
Just got in yesterday, still trying to grasp all the aspects of the game.

Any tips for levelling up so that I can beat E-1 and get a sub?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2013, 12:05:31 PM »
Just got in yesterday, still trying to grasp all the aspects of the game.

Any tips for levelling up so that I can beat E-1 and get a sub?

A guide buried deep in the comments:
"EXTREME guide to TOTAL NEWBIES admirals to go througth E1 to E5 in only 14 days"

step 1: do ALL THE INITIAL QUEST, you can recognize them reading the reward thing, all have distictives rewards, or seeing a disctintive kanji on them. the priority is obtain the 2nd fleet.

step 1.3: obtain a BB or a takao class by crafting, use the quest opportunities for this.

step 1.5: make you initial destroyer go to level 5 spamming map 1-1. all destroyer or light cruiser obtained put on the party, you can see the best ships on the wiki. beat the boss. estimated time 30 minutes. 1-1 and 1-2 is passed by destroyers on levels 7 or 10.

step 2: try the submarine rare formula, almost all the time give you a nice thing on the first days. for me was shimakaze and yukikaze.

step 2.5: do all quest of the day, and try obtain the third fleet.

step 3: when you obtain the second fleet, do the expedition 3 or 5, the best for now is 5, spam the thing all the time, whe you gonna sleep put the 9 with sparks.

step 4: Stage 1-3 is heavy and light carriers of level 10-15, and 1-4 with a fleet of Heavys and a BB, put a green gun on all the ships, to reduce the damage of carriers, levels 15 to 20 is fine

step 4.5 try your luck, sometimes good things come from crating ships. obtain your third fleet.

step 5: grind on 2-1 till your fleet is level 20 or more, DD, CL, CA and BB, you NEED THEM. grind and do quests to make resources and craft. read the commentaries to take better formulas.

step 5.5: you are ready to go to E-1 and you gonna have your first submarine the I-8. "

Oh, and good news for event players - they may be extending the event by a week!

現在実施中の【秋の特別イベント】期間限定海域「決戦!鉄底海峡を抜けて!」の開催は【11/20(水)】までの予定でしたが、【11/27(水)朝】ま で期間延長させて頂くことを検討しています。家具屋さんでの「長門桐箪笥」の提供も、その期間まで延長させて頂く予定です。

I just might be able to grab Hachi after all.....

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2013, 02:02:48 PM »
Oh boy, it will be a good thing if they extend the event, even though I am already at the 30k fuel/ammo. It will give me time in case the goddess isn't amused by my efforts :V

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2013, 02:39:23 PM »
Oh boy, it will be a good thing if they extend the event, even though I am already at the 30k fuel/ammo. It will give me time in case the goddess isn't amused by my efforts :V

12000 fuel in 3 days? Sub farming? Or something else? How much time are ya spending?

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2013, 07:35:18 PM »
Have been doing expeditions with the other 3 fleets: expeditions #5, #13 and either #2 or #9 depending on how much time I have. Three days ago I spent practcally the whole day doing expeditions so I went #2 for like 20 times or more. And of course, all of my girls are all on that fabulous glittering. #2 is pretty good for buckets also, even though you get only one per run (Three days ago I had 82 buckets, today I have more than 120).

And I've done some sub farming and quests while waiting on between expeditions.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #224 on: November 15, 2013, 01:20:56 PM »
Whew, finally done with E-3 after burning 8k resources and 75 buckets....compass-chan was really, really trolling this time. Was pretty worried - went down to 5 buckets and 1k fuel/bauxite before clearing.

Now to stockpile resources for E-4 over the next week.

« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »
From the wiki:

"How do I unlock the third and fourth fleet slot?

3rd Fleet: Complete Quest A14 「川内」型軽巡姉妹の全3艦を編成せよ!
        Composition quest, have all Sendai sisters (Sendai, Jintsu , and Naka).
    4th Fleet: Complete Quest A16 「金剛」型による高速戦艦部隊を編成せよ!
        Composition quest, have all Kongou sisters (Kongou, Haruna, Kirishima, and Hiei)."

Does anyone know how to get the 2nd fleet slot?

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »
A4    6隻編成の艦隊を編成せよ!    Have 6 ships in your fleet.    50    0    50    0    Unlocks the second fleet as well as Expeditions    Needs A3 completion

All I can feel is RAGE.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:55:53 PM by Messiah »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #227 on: November 16, 2013, 03:50:35 AM »

All I can feel is RAGE.

Oh my........my sympathies, man. That hurts......

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2013, 01:25:52 AM »
Wanna go to work with your ship daughter?

Now you can, with these Kancolle ties. https://twitter.com/AnimeVoice/status/401882835524395009/photo/1 (release: March of next year)

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2013, 01:29:25 AM »
ship daughter
where did this term come from so i know who to strangle

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #230 on: November 17, 2013, 01:32:28 AM »

Don't ask me, I was just trying to be facetious.

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2013, 05:25:05 AM »

kan musu
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #232 on: November 17, 2013, 08:14:55 AM »
Wanna go to work with your ship daughter?

Now you can, with these Kancolle ties. https://twitter.com/AnimeVoice/status/401882835524395009/photo/1 (release: March of next year)

Well, that's interestingly stealthy.....

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #233 on: November 17, 2013, 08:19:24 AM »
Well, that's interestingly stealthy.....

That kind of tie where they put an anime character in the inner lining has been done before, this isn't particularly new by any means outside of the fact they are using KanColle characters.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #234 on: November 17, 2013, 10:40:31 AM »
That kind of tie where they put an anime character in the inner lining has been done before, this isn't particularly new by any means outside of the fact they are using KanColle characters.

Okay, guess that means I'm really out of touch where anime merchandise is concerned - since it always involves MONEY, which I always have precious little of..... :D

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #235 on: November 17, 2013, 01:31:02 PM »
kan musu
I know that. But "musume", unless you're specifically talking about someone's daughter, means "girl".

« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »
Apparently it's because of Google Translate.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #237 on: November 18, 2013, 12:23:54 AM »
Apparently it's because of Google Translate.

...Google Translate translates 艦娘 as "Ship daughter." What the hell. I thought that was a bad joke.

[Y]oukai [J]esus

• "MotK's 1%" (?)
  • Idiot Deity 2013 - 2014 RIP
    • Muh Writings
« Reply #238 on: November 18, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »

...Google Translate translates 艦娘 as "Ship daughter." What the hell. I thought that was a bad joke.

U WANNAN GO M8

WOT U SAID FITE ME IRL

i mean
Hey running 6BB/5BB1Kaga makes it hard to clear even E2
Welp because training all my other ships hasnt been going so well so I don't have a CL/DD above level 15 (besides starter DD)

<Nietz> Anyway, sex toys alone won't come up to 11k.
[18:48] <Warma> There must have been a new depth, where you've sunk as a person. Then you dug through that.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #239 on: November 18, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »
I know that. But "musume", unless you're specifically talking about someone's daughter, means "girl".

girl + lolis + waifu level of affectionate = daughterssssss
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division