Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287492 times)

Re: Kancolle
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2013, 03:49:16 AM »
Apparently it's not hard just annoying.

08:51:38  Senovit: because any random hit can send you home
08:51:44  Xaris: yea >.<
08:51:48  Senovit: but both times i made it to the boss i won
Consistent with E2, then.  Might try out E3 in that case, though I'd probably stop there.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2013, 03:52:37 AM »
I'm gonna work on grinding and building for a few days before I try taking on the event.  I really want that 4th Fleet but I need Hiei and Kirishima to unlock it, and my Steel is running low.  I remember back in the day I used to think, "What the hell am I supposed to do with all this freaking Steel?" and pump extra into equipment crafting because I kept hitting the resource cap for it and nothing else.
Good times...

If I can beat the first 2 maps before the event ends, I'll be happy.  I don't think I can get my fleet strong enough for the 3rd or 4th, and there's a 5th map I think? 

For E2 I am using a sub (with emergency repair equiped) to avoid damage to the others and my team is composed of destroyers and heavies due higher night efficiency and Kongou as the flagship for tanking and to deal with the remaining units on the day battle. Defeated the boss 2 times, lost 3 out of 4 emergency repairs :V

Don't you only get 4 Emergency Repairs throughout all the quests, or is there a way to farm them without having to buy them from the cash shop?

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2013, 04:03:07 AM »
I really want that 4th Fleet but I need Hiei and Kirishima to unlock it, and my Steel is running low.
I had a stage where I was running low of steel.
Now I constantly have 10k+ fuel, ammo and steel and less than 100 bauxite.
I have also managed to go from 100 buckets down to just barely 20.

And I really have nothing to show for it.

Red Frost

« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2013, 04:21:12 AM »
I had a stage where I was running low of steel.
Now I constantly have 10k+ fuel, ammo and steel and less than 100 bauxite.
I have also managed to go from 100 buckets down to just barely 20.

And I really have nothing to show for it.

My priority used to be Fuel>Ammo>Bauxite>Steel.  Now it's Steel>Fuel>Ammo>Bauxite.  Ironically, I used to be desperate for Development Materials during my first week of Admiraling and had low resource caps.  I thought I'd need them even more when my resource caps were several times higher, but now I have around 55+ every day.

I guess one of the perks of leveling a variety of ships instead of just Battleships and Carriers is that I can usually wait out repair times.  I thought I had around 40 Buckets, but apparently I have 91.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2013, 04:54:04 AM »
Fuuuu......it appears E4 gives you I-8, and Musashi is probably behind E5.

Edit: Finally, E-1 beaten. Had to use all fast ships for the evasion bonus before I could get to the boss without taking a crit.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:57:20 AM by qMyon »

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #185 on: November 02, 2013, 11:00:51 AM »
meanwhile my friends and I are struggling to clear E2 (some of us did it already, curses)

E5's name is scary okay

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2013, 11:03:21 AM »
E4 name is also ironbottom sound  :V

fuck i only have around 20 buckets left and im still at e2
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #187 on: November 02, 2013, 12:25:47 PM »
Defeated the Oni 3 times while lowering her health bar. Now that the health bar is at 0 my fleet doesn't even touch her at night battle. I hate this game.

Finally cleared E-2. Will probably try E-3 and lose the rest of my resources and will keep away from the event for the week to do some expeditions.

Regarding Iku, she's the best sub there is. Two reasons: she is not annoying and medium damage image.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:57:48 PM by Messiah »
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2013, 01:20:49 AM »
AWW YESSSSS!

[attach=1]

On my daily crafting quest, since I was massively overloaded on ammo, decided to do the 400/999/730/60 recipe, since it had a 50% battleship chance. RNG had pity on me, and voila!

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2013, 01:25:20 AM »
Christ, 80 health before upgrades. :V

Still on E2 over here. I should get to battleship crafting too, only need Hiei before I get that fourth fleet...
Let's fight.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2013, 02:10:09 AM »

Congrats, enjoy criting everyone. And I like how you say you went for the 999 ammo recipe and spent practically all of the little fuel you had on it :V

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2013, 02:26:41 AM »
Congrats, enjoy criting everyone. And I like how you say you went for the 999 ammo recipe and spent practically all of the little fuel you had on it :V

Well, out of the house for the day, so I had a couple of long expeditions queued up - decided I might as well do one crafting and finish up.  :)

Edit:
And the very next day, on my last ship-craft for the daily, using 270/30/330/130:

[attach=1]

Rare destroyer collection complete!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:30:37 PM by qMyon »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »
Figured I'd try building a battleship with some of that spare steel... guess who just got a fourth fleet. :toot:
Let's fight.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2013, 01:28:39 AM »
Finally got myself a Imuya and now I can do the sortie quest to get that special furniture item to buy that wooden table :V

Shame that I lost Gouya, so now either I try to craft her or go rage over E-3 and E-4 to get the other sub so I can complete the "3 subs on your fleet" quest.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2013, 03:03:52 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm still on E2. Is there anything that makes it easier or is it just a matter of having at it until it finally falls over?
Let's fight.

Red Frost

« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2013, 04:53:18 AM »
That feel when you send your fleets out on 4~5 hour quests right before maintenance starts when it usually does, but it doesn't.
One was for fuel, which I need, the other was just for completion's sake.

I've decided to try grinding 2-1 for Kirishima instead of building because I'm getting sick of wasting all my Steel and Fuel.  Still no luck, but at least I'm getting experience and free ships for Modernization.  She's the last ship I really want and I need her for the 4th fleet and this is driving me insane.
I just want glasses waifu. ;-;

highzealot

• The Highly Zealous Let's Playing Wolf Lord
  • Suika and Russ: Ultimate Drinking Buddies
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2013, 05:06:48 AM »
Oh yeah, I'm still on E2. Is there anything that makes it easier or is it just a matter of having at it until it finally falls over?

If you're already using the recommended setup the wiki provides, you just have to keep going at it and pray to the RNG gods.

I've decided to try grinding 2-1 for Kirishima instead of building because I'm getting sick of wasting all my Steel and Fuel.  Still no luck, but at least I'm getting experience and free ships for Modernization.  She's the last ship I really want and I need her for the 4th fleet and this is driving me insane.
I just want glasses waifu. ;-;

If you have a sub, try grinding 3-2 to get fourth fleet. That's how I got my fourth fleet unlocked. By grinding 3-2-A with sub, the two torpedo cruisers, two CVs and a BB to finish off any survivors. Also nice place to grind levels as if you have the sub, CTL sisters and a BB to enable the second shelling phase leaving room for two ships to get easy levels as only the sub should take any damage and she repairs quickly. That's just my personal loadout for 3-2-A grinding. There's probably more efficient loadouts.

Red Frost

« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2013, 05:47:44 AM »
If you have a sub, try grinding 3-2 to get fourth fleet. That's how I got my fourth fleet unlocked. By grinding 3-2-A with sub, the two torpedo cruisers, two CVs and a BB to finish off any survivors. Also nice place to grind levels as if you have the sub, CTL sisters and a BB to enable the second shelling phase leaving room for two ships to get easy levels as only the sub should take any damage and she repairs quickly. That's just my personal loadout for 3-2-A grinding. There's probably more efficient loadouts.

Oops... I meant to say I've been grinding the first node of 2-1.  :V
I could probably take on the boss, but I'm an over-protective Admiral.  Oddly enough, 2-2 is unlocked for me, and I've never gone past the first node.
I'll keep that setup in mind for later.  E-1 will take care of my lack of a Sub, and I've got KTKM.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2013, 09:59:40 AM »
Well I got an Ooi from using 250/130/200/30.
I guess getting one torpedo cruiser, Yukikaze and I-58 isn't that bad for 35 crafts.

Red Frost

« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2013, 09:57:19 AM »
400/999/730/60

I would like to thank you for making me aware that this was a thing.

Now I just need Nagato and Kirishima and I've got all the buildable Battleships.  I was going to save my fuel today for Sorties and not build, but that didn't go as planned.  :V
I was at around 2000 and now I'm just under 600 and I don't know if I want to grind or try the above recipe one more time.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »

I would like to thank you for making me aware that this was a thing.

Now I just need Nagato and Kirishima and I've got all the buildable Battleships.  I was going to save my fuel today for Sorties and not build, but that didn't go as planned.  :V
I was at around 2000 and now I'm just under 600 and I don't know if I want to grind or try the above recipe one more time.

Awesome!

By the way, my recipe source was from here: http://puu.sh/56gY2.png
Not sure what the source is, though.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »
Pretty sure the source is the Japanese wiki (which I've been using) which has plenty of those recipes going. Another good one is 400/200/500/400 for aircraft carriers.
Let's fight.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2013, 03:06:48 PM »
Whew, the enemies at node 1 of 2-4 must really hate me by now - been farming them to remodel Hiei, Haruna, Kirishima, Nagato, Kaga and Akagi over the past few days, after an attempt at getting through where the boss sent that team packing, despite getting through the rest of the stage with minimal damage.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2013, 08:53:10 AM »

Fleet used for clearing E-3. It's the last formation listed on the wiki. Way easier and less rage inducing than E-2, took 4 hours more or less to clear it and used 5000/4000/2000/3000 resources and some good 40 buckets. What is amazing is that you get all the item rewards for clearing it(emergency and repair goddess, the cash furniture thingy and 53cm torpedoes), I thought it would be only one of them.

Time to go back to farming and give a try on E-4 next week.

And now I have the nanodesu frame :V
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 03:29:56 PM by Messiah »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2013, 02:35:05 PM »
Sometimes I wonder how the RNG will make me pay in future.....

Was trying to get the transport daily via 2-2, but got sent to the boss instead. *Le sigh* Then Akagi gets critted *Double sigh* Got through with S-rank, and then, what's this?

[attach=1]

Awww yeah! Fourth Fleet unlock!! Now only Mutsu left out of the battleships......

BL2W

• ~ SHINING FINGER ~
  • I take many forms, and this won't be my last.
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2013, 06:50:42 PM »
Hi, everyone. I'm a newcomer to KanColle and I have absolutely everything I need to register correctly. I completed the basic registration on DMM.com and, for the hell of it, I clicked on the yellow button that I suppose would normally take me into the game (and yes, I know about the lottery very well and how it works)...

But, then, I found there actually is a lottery going on right that very moment because I got the waiting screen that I'm supposed to get with the purple-haired girl.

There's no Twitter post about this going on, though, and, as my first time entering this lottery, I'm a little bewildered... Is there something different about this one? Is it just a server hiccup or something freaky like that? Or, am I actually taking part in some surprise lottery? ???
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 06:52:26 PM by BL2W »

Now, you can follow my art studio, KyokoPro Studios, on deviantART, Facebook, and YouTube~!

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2013, 06:21:31 AM »
Hi, everyone. I'm a newcomer to KanColle and I have absolutely everything I need to register correctly. I completed the basic registration on DMM.com and, for the hell of it, I clicked on the yellow button that I suppose would normally take me into the game (and yes, I know about the lottery very well and how it works)...

But, then, I found there actually is a lottery going on right that very moment because I got the waiting screen that I'm supposed to get with the purple-haired girl.

There's no Twitter post about this going on, though, and, as my first time entering this lottery, I'm a little bewildered... Is there something different about this one? Is it just a server hiccup or something freaky like that? Or, am I actually taking part in some surprise lottery? ???
There was server maintenance today.  Chances are, you got sent to that page, though I can't say for certain.

For reference, this is the server error / maintenance screen, and this is the lottery screen.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 06:23:31 AM by Alpha »

Red Frost

« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »

Teaser for Nendoroid Akagi + new Mamiya Cafe menu items.

Heh, no prizes for guessing what the optionals will be.....

On a side note, I finally broke through 2-4 - now to think about event maps.....

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2013, 06:17:27 PM »
Well damn, E4 is basically a harder E2 where you pray to not be hit by those annoying flagships and ra classes just to get to the boss and pray again that your fleet either kill the boss at night, which is highly unlikely, or that they get the job done at the day battle. Have to gather as many resource as possible and try it on the last days of the event. Getting Musashi is now only a dream ;_;