Author Topic: Kancolle  (Read 287451 times)

MatsuriSakuragi

Re: Kancolle
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2013, 03:01:30 AM »
The hard part is leveling Chitose and Chiyoda up because they fucking suck at low levels :V

pasu

• what are they talking about!
  • medi for 14.5 never ;_;
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2013, 03:41:19 PM »
http://puu.sh/4TYmT.jpg
result of trying to clear 2-4 (didn't make it to boss node anyways, I landed on the red node below it)

wo-chans are scary aaah

so after I remodelled my ktkm at lv 50 I made a new facebook cover to commemorate this joyful event

The hard part is leveling Chitose and Chiyoda up because they fucking suck at low levels :V

just put them in the party/flagship and then carry them with bbs :V (i put a lv 10 chitose in my party and with one run of 2-4 with two nodes she was 12 and ripe for midget sub harvesting)

i should probably get to changing my sig but im too lazy

art thread / yukkuri quest thread

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
  • In seek for the lost DotS
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2013, 07:02:06 PM »
Today I finished farming my first Isuzu. It's too late to go back now.
Steam Profile                 Myanimelist Profile

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2013, 08:11:04 PM »
so after I remodelled my ktkm at lv 50 I made a new facebook cover to commemorate this joyful event

The sunglasses are a cute touch~

I think I'm going to stop trying for the rare BBs and craft with the sub/rare DD recipe instead to let my resources recover a bit. Supposedly the new event coming out soon will have a new sub dropped in the early stages so I want to be ready for that.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2013, 08:21:43 AM »
Grinding away, and collecting plenty - up to 2-2 so far  - Kitakami, Ooi, Kaga, Yamashiro, Atago, and Choukai are the highlights, along with the full set of Myoukou CAs, and managed to get Mogami as my first remodel. It feels like Kitakami gets cut-in attacks every night :)

And the RNG for crafting seems to be trying to make me farm Isuzus - got 3 of them so far. But no luck getting any subs, or Naka (just need here to unlock that blasted 3rd fleet slot).

Quick question, does anyone have any idea what the luck stat does for gameplay? Because Yukikaze has a stupidly high one.......

Edit: And Naka finally drops in 2-1! Yes!! Doubled expeditions FTW!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:11:00 PM by qMyon »

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2013, 10:27:55 AM »

I got Eyepatch Waifu...
I GOT EYEPATCH WAIFU!  :getdown:
I also got her sister a few hours ago.  Tatsuta's laugh scares the crap out of me... I kinda like her.

Other notable acquires are Shimakaze, Hibiki x 3 (Russian Waifu), Ise (my first battleship), and Hiryuu (my first carrier).  I'm going slow but I'm starting to pick up on this game.  I cleared 1-1 a few days ago but almost lost Mutsuki in the process.  I felt horrible for that, and seeing her damaged form kicked me right in the heartsticles.  Even if she isn't the most durable of destroyers, she is one of the most 'dorable, and I can't drop her.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 10:43:35 AM by Red Frost »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2013, 05:47:04 PM »
So, I am currently building a ship that takes 6 hours to be completed and according to the wiki it's either Zuikaku or Shoukaku, Shame that I wasted all of my instant constructions trying to get I-168.

Whelp, after some suffering at 2-1 to get an instant construction:

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:36:25 PM by Messiah »

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #127 on: October 20, 2013, 05:47:07 PM »
K just started and not far up to clearing got combos by enemy and lost  use. Ahahaha. Social gaming pains
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #128 on: October 20, 2013, 06:38:53 PM »
Kancolle is meh to me, but if they do a Cold War era version with Soviet naval vessels, I am in. 

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2013, 12:14:20 AM »
Is there seriously a point to raising a Chitose or Chiyoda because seriously Chitose's really goddamn awful even after two upgrades and I'm half-tempted to intentionally sink her. <_<

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2013, 12:42:07 AM »
After they get upgraded into light aircraft carriers, they have really high max AA, HP, Armor, and carry a fairly high number of planes. Of course, it's all moot if you're willing to ignore light carriers and use regular ones, since their main benefit is being cheaper/faster to repair.

Edit: Of course, I'm talking about raising them beyond the 12 levels needed for the minisubs...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:45:16 AM by Jana »

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2013, 09:39:09 AM »
The RNG seems to be giving me plenty of love today - picked up Ise and Hyuuga through crafting, and I-58 too! And then Fusou drops from the 2-1 boss, giving me the full set of aviation battleships.

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2013, 10:29:10 AM »
OK, so I've been trying to secure a spot in the lottery, but I've only been getting network errors. Can anyone give me some advice?

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »
http://puu.sh/4VBaG.jpg GLORIOUS VICTORY. Goddamn finally.

My fleet by the clear of 2-4: http://puu.sh/4VBcl.jpg They got levelled up quite a bit over all that. Now to get some destroyers powered up a bit. :V
Let's fight.

pasu

« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2013, 02:09:46 PM »
Is there seriously a point to raising a Chitose or Chiyoda because seriously Chitose's really goddamn awful even after two upgrades and I'm half-tempted to intentionally sink her. <_<

yes, because of this and this  :colbert: (warning: slightly nsfw for clothing damage)

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2013, 03:25:50 PM »
yes, because of this and this  :colbert: (warning: slightly nsfw for clothing damage)

thighs  :*

I got a Yukikaze while crafting for an 1-58, yay! That leaves 2 more rares to get with the recipe... I'll probably get my sub if I try to craft for Shimakaze instead.

Red Frost

• "Nee-san, is that you?"
  • "I can't tell from down here."
« Reply #136 on: October 22, 2013, 05:47:42 AM »
So I FINALLY get on the right route and make it to the boss on 1-3.  I've got half of my fleet sparkly and I'm feeling good about this.  Battle ensues and only the enemy flagship is left.  From my limited understanding, it doesn't look like the flagship is capable of using torpedoes, so I figure I shouldn't worry about night battle.  I click the option and...

Network Error.

The internet disconnected for a split second and then it was fine.

I reconnect and the damage sustained was all from the day battle, but 1-4 is still locked and it looks like I didn't get a new fleetgirl from battle.  Even if I hit retreat accidentally, I'm pretty sure the the damage dealt was in my favor (only one of my girls was badly damaged, everyon else was at full health or close to it).  It sounds like battles are still calculated through DCs, but what about rewards?

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
« Reply #137 on: October 22, 2013, 07:48:55 AM »
I noticed that the game seems to throw up a screen every time your flagship takes critical damage. Any idea what it means?

Example (NSFW due to clothing damage):
[nsfw]http://imgur.com/hYh67i3[/nsfw]
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 07:50:38 AM by qMyon »

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #138 on: October 22, 2013, 09:44:18 AM »
Basically it says it's too difficult to proceed in this situation and so you're forced to return to base.

Interesting how both area 3 and area 4 got unlocked simultaneously after 2-4. Haven't checked 4 out yet but 3-2 seems like a great place to train up.
Let's fight.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #139 on: October 22, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
I noticed that the game seems to throw up a screen every time your flagship takes critical damage. Any idea what it means?

Example (NSFW due to clothing damage):
[nsfw]http://imgur.com/hYh67i3[/nsfw]

Your flagship can't be sunk. So you can let her take as much of a beating as you want-- but she'll say you can't go on after a battle if she's too damaged.

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #140 on: October 22, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »
Shoukaku is my true goddess of luck. Since getting her yesterday she hasn't gotten out of the flagship spot, hasn't taken any damage and hasn't gotten tired. And she is currently at level 20  BV

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2013, 12:59:01 AM »
PvP is so random. Exp wildly varies between 0 (yes) and several times above a sortie battle, and I can't even tell if level has anything to do with it (my 0 exp practice battle was against a lv40-something MVP where I got a B while being like lv25). Enemy ships randomly survive with 1 HP (as in they can still shoot my ships, and my ships still try to shoot them even though everything misses them at that point), and just now I just "lost" a match and got C rank even though I defeated (dropped to 1 HP) 4 enemy ships and sent another down to red while only having one of mine dropping to red (above 1 HP), my flagship unharmed and having the damage dealt bar several times higher than the enemy fleet's. What the hell?

Also, anyone knows what determines damage during night warfare? I've had a lv30-something BB do that thing where 3 cannons appear on screen, then hit Inazuma...for 3 damage. Even though she was nowhere near red. The same applies to my attacks as well.
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »
The exp you get depends on the level of the enemy flagship. If you fight someone with a high admiral level and 5 boats at a high level, but with a level 5 DD as flagship for their flagship exp bonus, you're not getting much exp even with an S.

It's also worth keeping in mind that you can automatically win with a B if you sink the enemy flagship, even if you don't touch the rest of the fleet and take a crapload of damage doing so. If the enemy is high level but has a DD as flagship, aim for the B. Conversely, unless you have really good ASW on your team, you might as well forget about winning  this way against a high-level submarine flagship. (If your kanmusu can take down enough of the other enemies while avoiding damage, you can still win. You just won't get it the easy way or an S.)

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2013, 04:28:00 AM »
Yeah, I know the criteria for getting each of the ranks (except the loser ranks, nobody cares about those). That time I've sunk 4 ships including the flagship, but I still got C ;_;

And orz thanks for the exp tip :3c
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck

pasu

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2013, 07:50:36 AM »

Messiah

• The Devil on The Sky~
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
So I suppose the others Shiratsuyu class' ships will be getting dat hair not to far in the future.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2013, 08:51:03 PM »
Got myself some delicious Engrish just now. The lines are absolutely hilarious. :V

And wow, 3-2-1 really is good training. Easy enemies and I believe 384 base exp per ship for an S grade. You can even take destroyers there (which is I suppose the point)!
Let's fight.

pasu

« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #149 on: October 26, 2013, 03:41:07 AM »
Been attempting 2-4 the last week or so. I swear someone put up ship magnets in the west. I literally have no nodes visited on any path that would possibly result in me not ending up west D: