Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4  (Read 54860 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 3, Part 4
« Reply #960 on: January 31, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »
>"She is an unusual person - I felt as much from the start. It was she who spoke of myself and Lily as her... mothers.... shortly after being born, unbidden, and in a room with several other people. She said she had felt us... calling to her, somehow, and answered. Though I certainly was not aware of doing any such thing before the ring itself began suddenly to glow."

« Reply #961 on: January 31, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »
>"She is an unusual person - I felt as much from the start. It was she who spoke of myself and Lily as her... mothers.... shortly after being born, unbidden, and in a room with several other people. She said she had felt us... calling to her, somehow, and answered. Though I certainly was not aware of doing any such thing before the ring itself began suddenly to glow."

>"So, you and Lily weren't doi-"
>"No, they weren't." Rin interrupts Marissa, rather firmly.
>Rather than be insulted or annoyed, Marissa merely laughs at the kasha. "Chill out, girl! I was only gonna ask if they were talking about the ring at the time when the glowin' started."
>Your Rin colors. "...Oh."

« Reply #962 on: January 31, 2014, 09:11:45 AM »
>"No, not at all. We weren't even the ones who noticed the ring was glowing first. It was still in my pocket at the time, you see."

« Reply #963 on: January 31, 2014, 09:32:19 AM »
>"No, not at all. We weren't even the ones who noticed the ring was glowing first. It was still in my pocket at the time, you see."

>"Well, somethin' had to have set things off." Marissa turns and heads into your living room, muttering quietly in thought. This is normal for her when she has a problem she thinks she can come with the answer to, but can't quite get there. You've learned it's best to give her a minute in times like this.
>"Sorry 'bout that." Rin says quietly to you after Marissa passes her. Her face has returned to its normal shade.

« Reply #964 on: January 31, 2014, 09:43:27 AM »
>"Oh, no worries; think nothing of it."

« Reply #965 on: February 02, 2014, 05:58:49 AM »
>"Oh, no worries; think nothing of it."

>Your kasha nods, then puts on a smile. "Well, now, since we're home, how 'bout some lunch?"

« Reply #966 on: February 02, 2014, 06:02:32 AM »
>"Lunch sounds great, thank you."

« Reply #967 on: February 02, 2014, 09:31:32 PM »
>"Lunch sounds great, thank you."

>"Have you eaten yet, Marissa?" Rin asks her.
>"Mm- wha?" the blonde replies absently, still turning her puzzle over in her head. "Eels are where now?"
>Rin starts to correct Marissa's misunderstanding, but the red head doesn't get more than a syllable into it before bursting out laughing. "Eels?" she manages to gasp after a moment.
>Marissa gives you a lopsided grin. "Somethin' I said?"

« Reply #968 on: February 03, 2014, 05:06:10 AM »
>Raise an eyebrow
>"Eels?"

« Reply #969 on: February 03, 2014, 05:19:18 AM »
>Raise an eyebrow
>"Eels?"

>"That's what I heard?" Marissa answers with a shrug. This isn't abnormal for her; when she's lost in thought, her mind tends to drift away from the world the rest of you live in, and her ears along with it.

« Reply #970 on: February 03, 2014, 05:20:52 AM »
>"Well, if you were hoping for eel for lunch, I'm afraid we may have to disappoint you. But would you like something else?"

« Reply #971 on: February 04, 2014, 09:14:29 AM »
>"Well, if you were hoping for eel for lunch, I'm afraid we may have to disappoint you. But would you like something else?"

>"Eely lunch, mmmm...." Marissa makes a rather exaggerated look of thought, then grins. "Naw, that's about 47% more slime than I likes for lunch, or for Rin-chan to handle, as well." she adds with a nod to the still chuckling kasha. "But down from that, I ain't picky."
>Rin pulls open the icebox to have a glance inside. With a nod, she informs the blonde, "I got the fixin's for a veggie stir-fry."
>"Suits me fine."

« Reply #972 on: February 04, 2014, 09:19:52 AM »
>"Likewise."

« Reply #973 on: February 04, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »
>"Likewise."

>"You can relax for a bit, Byakuren," Rin advises, producing a bag of mixed vegetables. "This'll be done in about ten minutes or- Make that about 20." she interrupts herself as she looks in the fridge. "Forgot we had a bit of chicken left."

« Reply #974 on: February 04, 2014, 09:34:57 AM »
>"Sounds good. Thank you."
>Let's kick back and take a load off for a bit. It's been a long day and it's not even evening yet.

« Reply #975 on: February 06, 2014, 05:20:35 AM »
>"Sounds good. Thank you."
>Let's kick back and take a load off for a bit. It's been a long day and it's not even evening yet.

>As Rin starts her work in the kitchen, you pull out your desk chair and have a nice sit. This is actually the first time you've really felt relaxed since you woke up this morning. The day's only half over, and to say it has been an active one would be a gross understatement. Even when you were talking to Louise, you couldn't really relax, not only because your conversations with her were not exactly light-hearted, but because, despite your convictions and intentions, she is still the Champion of Water and your enemy. And you still have that meeting with the police in a few hours time, and the problems at the Tiger shrine, and the future problems if any with Keine and Kaguya, and the riddle-like words of that entity at the Dragon shrine weighing on your mind. Not to mention the demonstration of the Champion's power you received earlier.

>But for right now, you can let those worries go. You are home, with your trusted servant and your closest friend. Marissa is her usual self, charming and engaging, and Rin is smiling, a sign of contentment in this little act of domesticity. Even the feeling of magic you get downstairs you know is merely Patchouli, probably up to her ears in another experiment of hers. You can be at peace here, a peace accentuated by the smell of cooking meat and boiling vegetables. Your stomach quietly gurgles in response to this stimuli, which you just know Marissa can hear, but in a magnanimous gesture, she opts not to raz you about it.
>"Oh yeah, by the ways." she says after a moment. "You managed to score tickets yet?"

« Reply #976 on: February 06, 2014, 05:24:17 AM »
>Do we have any idea what she might be referring to?

« Reply #977 on: February 06, 2014, 05:43:21 AM »
>Do we have any idea what she might be referring to?

>Specifically, no. Knowing her, it's probably a concert of some sort, but you're not aware of any specifically upcoming events that she might be referring to.

« Reply #978 on: February 06, 2014, 05:46:48 AM »
>"Tickets? To what?"

« Reply #979 on: February 06, 2014, 06:05:17 AM »
>"Tickets? To what?"

>"Whaddya mean, to what?" Marissa blinks.

« Reply #980 on: February 06, 2014, 06:13:23 AM »
>"Exactly what I said: to what event are you referring?"

« Reply #981 on: February 06, 2014, 06:43:07 AM »
>"Exactly what I said: to what event are you referring?"

>"Ahyeah. Guess ya ain't heard, then. Well, you remember the other night, I told ya about Flan supposedly comin' to town?"

« Reply #982 on: February 06, 2014, 06:47:21 AM »
>"Now that you mention it, yes; it had rather slipped my mind."

« Reply #983 on: February 06, 2014, 07:07:15 AM »
>"Now that you mention it, yes; it had rather slipped my mind."

>"Not a big surprise, seeing as how you were noddin' on and off on me." Turning to head towards Rin, she adds, "You make sure Byakuren here gets big sleep tonight, aight?"
>Rin considers that, then merely says, "Sure."
>"Anyhow, a little bird told me that was true. There's a big shindig out at the Dragon shrine in a few days time, and Flan's supposed to be a big part of it."

« Reply #984 on: February 06, 2014, 07:12:21 AM »
>"Oh, I think I saw them setting up festival booths and such when I was there the other day. Though they wouldn't say what it was about, which I found a little unusual."

« Reply #985 on: February 06, 2014, 07:50:29 AM »
>"Oh, I think I saw them setting up festival booths and such when I was there the other day. Though they wouldn't say what it was about, which I found a little unusual."

>"They're tryin' to keep it out of the media as much as possible, or so I was told."
>"Then how do you know?" Rin asks her.
>Marissa grins. "Like I said. A little birdie told me. And by that, I mean I'm friendly with one of the mikos there, a trush youkai." she informs Rin, not getting her pronounciation quite right.

« Reply #986 on: February 06, 2014, 07:53:44 AM »
>"Do we get to know? Or would that be breaking confidence?"

« Reply #987 on: February 06, 2014, 08:09:24 AM »
>"Do we get to know? Or would that be breaking confidence?"

>"Looser-lipped women'd never hear nothing from me, but you two are A-OK." With a downright impish grin, Marissa adds, "After of course ya bribe me a little." she says as she presents her cheek to you.

« Reply #988 on: February 06, 2014, 08:12:30 AM »
>Would it ever be in keeping for us to return the gesture, or is she just trying to egg us on?

« Reply #989 on: February 06, 2014, 08:22:02 AM »
>Would it ever be in keeping for us to return the gesture, or is she just trying to egg us on?

>Knowing her, she doesn't actually expect you to do it. She's just being Marissa.
>But, you really wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Anyone else would be different- other than maybe Rin- but this is Marissa. And if you can get one over on her, well, that's always a worthwhile goal.