Author Topic: Popcorn Mob Redux (Game over- Town wins)  (Read 28938 times)

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 3)
« Reply #210 on: September 10, 2013, 08:56:25 AM »
Well, yea. I guess while my stream of consciousness might be fun to write and to read, i'll leave it for later.
##potato Vhaltzo.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #211 on: September 10, 2013, 09:07:02 AM »
wwwwww

CF7

« Reply #212 on: September 10, 2013, 09:35:38 AM »
Fun fact. Out of 25+ mafia games i played i survived to the end only once. When i was a Black King (chess themed mafia) and i was bulletproof unless all other black pieces were dead.

« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2013, 12:10:52 PM »
Since Capt H still isn't here could you give the reasons why I was shot?

« Reply #214 on: September 10, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »
pretty absolutely certain that this game isn't going to be counted under your "Survive until the end" count.

« Reply #215 on: September 10, 2013, 12:24:09 PM »
also hi thank you for murdering all of my town reads i appreciate that it is super helpful okay bye now.

« Reply #216 on: September 10, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »
I'm kind of annoyed because I'm pretty sure the only reason he shot me was because I changed my mind and thought he was scum. That or because Dan posted little while he was playing because he was busy preparing his vacation (oh btw I'm seeing Dan on Friday over at Barcelona along with Mitsuki, it's bound to be a fun conversation to tell him I got shot right after he replaced in)

It doesn't even make sense that Hw would shoot you to give you a chance to OMGUS me. The only thing he had to do is hand the gun to any other player who hated anybody else but our slot.

CF7

« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2013, 01:08:43 PM »
It's complicated. Really don't have time to explain it right now,

« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2013, 01:36:32 PM »
not that coming out of my mouth enhances the validity of this, but I'm pretty sure that HW was expecting CF7 to shoot me since he's been bouncing around talking about only me and HW (and since HW was dead and all).

« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2013, 01:53:42 PM »
Nah don't worry Zak I'm actually scum.

Being scum was more fun than I expected, it just feels kind of unfair to lose to what appears to be a gut shot when I had the conviction that I wouldn't have gotten lynched in a regular game.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux Game over
« Reply #220 on: September 10, 2013, 02:05:07 PM »
"Alright, now all we need is 2 more mispasses, and why is there a potato on my doorstep?"

"Oh bugger."

Vhaltz flipped scum.

Town Wins!

Scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/NajzSrbpCsA

Graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/XQZXaijFfP7Si

Previous Scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/yiBKTvHBGjSi

Previous Graveyard: http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/x4e4eVaP4LuqM

Vhaltz can post his hydra QT whenever he'd like.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Game over- Town wins)
« Reply #221 on: September 10, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »
Prims for town MVP
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2013, 02:10:59 PM »
Probably wouldn't have guessed Dan/Valtz. O well.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

CF7

« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2013, 02:13:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure that HW was expecting CF7 to shoot me since he's been bouncing around talking about only me and HW (and since HW was dead and all).
One of the reasons for my decision, btw.

Re: Popcorn Mob Redux (Day 2)
« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »
Expecting CF7 to shoot you was kinda obvious. Hw did figure he'd shoot you but I was planning to play around it as a towntell on you like Shadoweh did and was hoping to redirect the shot onto NNR, who could then probably shoot Shadoweh, but I never even got a chance to post this morning so them's the breaks. It's good that I didn't actually post what I wrote this morning in 10 minutes because having just woken up the plan was much shittier and involved waffling on Shadoweh when I clearly had to save that for the next day after the shot.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2013, 02:20:33 PM »
Probably would have hunted better if i wasn't feeling horribly apathetic this past week. At least I called HW out.

On the other hand, I have some stuff to say about the Mafia QT I read, but later.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #226 on: September 10, 2013, 02:35:44 PM »
Vig is overpowered.
Good job to CF7. I kind of feel like I need to apologize for underestimating you.

« Reply #227 on: September 10, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »
Btw Mitsuki is the best post reviewer. She stopped me from posting lots scummy shit in my first wallpost and that immediately helped to improve a lot of the later posts.

Our hydra QT consists entirely of post reviewing that I don't really want to show people in case I ever roll scum without Mitsuki there to review my posts :V

« Reply #228 on: September 10, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »
Prims for town MVP
which means I was still better than an entire alignment, peace losers 8)

« Reply #229 on: September 10, 2013, 02:47:43 PM »
I'm still salty about Shadoweh's case on me because it was legitimately that bad if you bothered to read it.

« Reply #230 on: September 10, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »
I just think that I was too paranoid all the time while reviewing the posts wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I didn't do much this game, not like I had the time to... I mainly tried to help Vhaltz to sound like his townie self. Anyways, this kind of game seems fun. Now I wish I had been involved more (>_<)

One of the reasons for my decision, btw.

I thought so, specially as the games you usually play seem to involve guessing things like this much more than MotK mafia, but you had already shoot... Anyways, I'd really like to know what else made you shoot Vhaltz (?_o)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #231 on: September 10, 2013, 04:25:49 PM »
I can admit I wasn't taking this game very seriously at all, in regards to frequency of posts and actual scumhunting. To be fair, the game itself didn't start off very serious, and I didn't treat the game very seriously (especially at the start) because of the unusual setup mechanics and the fact the game itself took a long time to really get serious, especially with half the players goofing around (Shadoweh, scumteam, Raikaria).

Had I been given the gun I would definitely have been motivated to actually try (although there's a good chance I still would have shot Shadoweh, yeah, unless everyone else convinced me otherwise). I thought I could at least get away with being town by staying out of the spotlight if I wasn't going to be serious (I kind of wanted to flow with Dan's towntell on me too, bad advice now because he was scum).

Like I said, I'm glad I at least caught HW, at least that lets me tell myself I actually did put effort into the game (I can't call Scum!HW blind no matter how good I am at reading him,). Dan/Valtz I still would have a hard time guessing, maybe less so since I didn't actually remember who Valhtz was replacing, and I had my Dan read pretty bad. but whatever.

NNR: Pride in his reply to Zakeri early on (#33) sounds way too mellow to be genuine. Could've been a) NNR cutting down on swears because he doesn't want to be carded again or b) NNR cutting down on swears because he doesn't want to be in the spotlight this game (scum). Aside from that everything else I remember out of his game so far is meh and I haven't found anything else alignment indicative, perhaps because he doesn't seem to be playing the game much at all. Not a solid scumread but everybody else is townier so I'd shoot him.
I do kind of frown at this because it stereotypes me as always getting mad at games, I know I DO get worked up pretty often in Mafia games, probably because I have a tendency to read more into the game when my mood is sour and I have nothing better to do, but I still have been trying to cut back on it, I've been mellowing out a lot lately.

Probably understandable a lot of people had me as scum this game. I felt like lurking more and I didn't have much I wanted to say, I mostly went with my gut this game (which happens to be fine-tuned to eating Scum!Prims). Guess 1 for 2 our of 2 scum still isn't bad. Thought at least the fact my only scum read was the confirmed scum (up to the last day)  would at least have won me some brownie points, but w/e.

The problem with my mafia gameplay is that I post more when I'm the center of attention, but I loathe it when people try to lynch me (a conundrum which, yes, probably leads me to getting more ragey then I right should be). It's always a work in progress.

In hindsight my read on Shadoweh was pretty dumb, but sometimes I think it makes sense to think backwards like that, because Shadoweh has been known to win games on hard bussing before (although having PX as a scumbuddy probably factors into that too)

If we don't want to fight against NNR we should say nothing about him. Really. He'll take it personally regardless of how much content you post against him.
:/
 No, I don't take anything said in Mafia personally, where would you get a crazy idea like that? My attitudes towards people in Mafia games are isolated into each game, I don't actively hate people outside of Mafia for being a duck in Mafia. Unless it's Pesco. Or Gear, because he ruins every Mafia ga- oh wait wrong forum.  I don't have a negative opinion on  you outside of that, that's dumb. Hell, I barely even know you well. Would be silly to have some kind of prejudice.
Although I do agree that picking a fight with me is likely to get you more heavily scrutinized, since that's how I tend to end up playing a lot of the time. Good call on that at least, I guess.

« Reply #232 on: September 10, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
I was the one to bring up the pride point. I wasn't sure of it though if that makes you feel better, but when Vhaltz was making his post it was a point that he could say, so...
I don't really know you. I just use the information I have available the best way I can. Of course I'm going to be wrong many times, but if I dismiss everything I think in the first place I will never learn.

No, I don't take anything said in Mafia personally, where would you get a crazy idea like that? My attitudes towards people in Mafia games are isolated into each game, I don't actively hate people outside of Mafia for being a duck in Mafia. Unless it's Pesco. Or Gear, because he ruins every Mafia ga- oh wait wrong forum.  I don't have a negative opinion on  you outside of that, that's dumb. Hell, I barely even know you well. Would be silly to have some kind of prejudice.
Although I do agree that picking a fight with me is likely to get you more heavily scrutinized, since that's how I tend to end up playing a lot of the time. Good call on that at least, I guess.

What I meant by personally wasn't you thinking about mafia as more than a game, but you perceiving people who think you're scum as an attack in the game, so don't worry about that. English is not my mother tongue so my choices of words aren't the best sometimes... I hope this time I explained it well.

CF7

« Reply #233 on: September 10, 2013, 04:59:02 PM »
So, mountain of work is finally done.
The "Why i did it" post. It's a lot of meta BS and some guesswork, so i'll just post the things that went through my head after i got the gun.
[stream of the consciousness]
Let's start with who might have given me the gun and why.
HW flips scum and considering that i posted in the thread that i think that Zak is very much scum and his post #164 is confirming his scumminess, "guilty by association". I.e. he and HW both accusing me of scumminess for wondering who might have picked Raikaria as the first target. Btw, i have no idea what so scummy about this, as this a legitimate question. So people who gave me the gun might think that i'll shoot Zak on impulse. And while Zak pushed kinda heavily for me being scum, i don't think that he's scum. Because it takes some serious balls of steel or maybe even titanium to give the gun to someone who thinks you're scum and will probably shoot you. So, it's not Zak or 95% not Zak. If it turned out it was Zak i'd have applaud him.
That leaves NNR, Shadoweh and Vhaltzo.
NNR seemed like  town through out the whole game. Not really accusing people, not caring about the game, sort of going with the flow. Can be used as a scum tactic, but i didn't get any scum vibes from him. Reread his posts again and still got nothing. Thought that he was a good lurker, but dismissed it as general laziness in the end. Most like townie. So moving on.
Shadoweh and Dan/Vhaltzo.
Here things got somewhat interesting. Shadoweh might have been scum. Got some serious doubts. Defends me against HW & Zak and argues with HW, who flips scum. Might have been some really good bussing. But.
Heads up:
Vhaltz should replace me shortly, cuz Vacation.
so {HW, CF7, Shadoweh}
Between the two of them I'd shoot Shadoweh.  Her drive to attack HW was much more arbitrary than what town!Shadoweh.  She was way too sure of herself. 
I'm incredibly town considering that subtle scum push all game that turned into a full blown attack by HW.
But this post pretty much cleared all my suspicions.
I'm still scum after HW flip. Pushes people to shoot Shadoweh. Obligatory i'm a townie. As scumtells go this is pretty big.
Then came Vhaltzo. Constant juggling of alignment. The Strongest town read on me. Plants some suspicion on everybody else, with NNR being the least town. Then he somehow switches me to being scum and adds Shadoweh to the mix. The other people are townier. And the like.
So all in all it all pointed to Vhaltzo.
[/stream of conciousness]

Also i got some laughs from me being the "innocent clueless guilible newbie".

« Reply #234 on: September 10, 2013, 05:46:48 PM »
Then came Vhaltzo. Constant juggling of alignment. The Strongest town read on me. Plants some suspicion on everybody else, with NNR being the least town. Then he somehow switches me to being scum and adds Shadoweh to the mix. The other people are townier. And the like.

I don't think you read the same posts I wrote. In my post where I called you scum I waffled a little on Shadoweh and then outright cleared her as town because connections between her and Hw made no sense, so I certainly wasn't throwing her in the scum pool with you. I never said the other people (NNR, Zak) were townier either, they were much, much less town than Shadoweh.

But PoE was enough to shoot my slot if you considered NNR town so w/e :V

Quote from: scum QT
Dunno if he'll want to shoot me over the other players

Quote from: scum QT
i think he'll go for zak personally

gonna shoot

Scumplan turned out perfectly.

@NNR You shouldn't really frown at scum cases because they're scum cases. That said I commented on that style of playing focusing on people calling you scum in the last few posts in the scum QT.
Quote from: Scum QT
I know it's not exactly because of OMGUS as you guys usually use the term, but because of reading further into me as scum with confirmation bias just because I cased him. It's a flawed kind of scumhunting from its premise because it ignores that townies can also be wrong. So it's pretty similar.

I don't really know how you're doing in your games lately because I got back just a few months ago and I've only played two games with you so far, but from Dan's game and Micro 31 I read somewhat recently it does seem like you have too high a tendency to tunnel on the first whoever who picks a fight with you, and that's not really what I'd call good scumhunting. Like quoted above, townies can be wrong too and think you're scum. Tunneling this way might have ended up on scum at some point in some game, but chasing after whoever calls you scum first is bound to not have too high a scum-hitting rate.

I was kind of bitter about it last game because it almost got us lynched, but I don't mean to harp on you anymore. It just baffles me a little because I remember you did really well back in your first game as Giant Cat Thing, I suggest that you try and bring back some of that old playstyle. Or maybe it's just you just that your playstyle changes a lot when playing anonymafia, I don't know.

I'm also curious how this setup would've done with 11 or 14 players though. Maybe it was just the low number of players and scum bussing each other that made the game easier for town.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #235 on: September 10, 2013, 08:43:42 PM »
Man, I really wish I could emulate my play from C7D, but I dunno how. The "OMGUS' playstyle isn't good and I'm aware of it, but it's hard to not do, especially since it tends to put me "in the zone" and I get better at scumhunting. I don't always OMGUS attack a player as a scum player (sometimes I think they're town), but cases on me I think are weak I tend to lash back against.

Maybe I should read the game again and see if I can't get a feel for how I played.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #236 on: September 10, 2013, 09:17:46 PM »
Being scum was more fun than I expected, it just feels kind of unfair to lose to what appears to be a gut shot when I had the conviction that I wouldn't have gotten lynched in a regular game.

welcome to these types of games and see how mad i was when serela shot me in the previous popcorn game out of nowhere :V

anyway gg, good shots by town; this game really shows the strength of the vig shot because trying to lynch the two scum in this game conventionally would have taken a hell of a lot more work, although the vigs obviously could have gone very differently

I'm also curious how this setup would've done with 11 or 14 players though. Maybe it was just the low number of players and scum bussing each other that made the game easier for town.
after the seeing the last few of these games im convinced that this type of setup is inherently townsided
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:14:27 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #237 on: September 10, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »
So I was the only guy with a spud to not hit scum.

On the other hand, clearly cutting D1 short was the beat plan and lead to the ultimate victory. Nothing good comes from MotK D1. Usually town turns on town and then we lynch the most vocal town.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #238 on: September 10, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »
On the other hand, clearly cutting D1 short was the be(s)t plan

I'VE BEEN ESPOUSING THIS FOR YEARS

BUT NO ALL YOU FUCKERS HAVE TO HAVE YOUR 72 HOUR DAY ONES ;_;
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #239 on: September 10, 2013, 09:33:24 PM »
But you didn't end D1 short. In fact, you pretty much extended it by lolrandomlynching