Author Topic: Fushigi no Gensokyou Chronicle - compilation or not?  (Read 1539 times)

Fushigi no Gensokyou Chronicle - compilation or not?
« on: July 22, 2013, 04:53:17 AM »
Hi! Just a basic question about Fushigi no Gensokyou. Basically, everything I've read about the game suggests that it's supposed to be a compilation of several games in the series, and since I'm very interested in trying all of them, that seems like my best option. However, I've been looking around at some gameplay that people have uploaded, and it all seems to be of the same game? Does anyone know if Chronicle is actually a compilation? If so, are the other games unlockable content of some sort?
"Let's live our lives heroically,
Let's live them with style..."

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
Re: Fushigi no Gensokyou Chronicle - compilation or not?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »
不思議の幻想郷CHRONICLE-クロニクル- is a compilation of :

不思議の幻想郷
さなえの超特急-TheExpressTrial-
もっと!?不思議の幻想郷プロローグ-地上からの脅威-
もっと!?不思議の幻想郷-UNDER THE MOONLIGHT-
もっと!?不思議の幻想郷plus-The Dungeon of Dreams and Magic

By compilation, it means that you go through the story starting from the first, using the game system from もっと!?不思議の幻想郷plus with some slight alterations.
The first three games were quite short compared to the fourth, and the fifth is just a expansion pack to the fourth, and all of them use the same graphics.
Signature

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 11:21:10 PM »
Well, that answers that, thanks! I'm more familiar with compilations that have all the games available for selection, so I wasn't sure if that's what was going on. Do you know if it's possible to complete any games individually after unlocking them, or is it really all just treated like one big game now?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:24:02 PM by swanreaper »

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 01:50:03 AM »
It is treated as one big game. The items get carried over, too.
Signature

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 02:45:08 AM »
Okay, thank you! I was looking at the other thread about this game again, but since that's a few years old, I didn't want to mess with necroposting. Since this is here, I was also hoping for some information about training and leveling - I've read that certain places are good for grinding, and there's a Jade Rabbit's Training Palace somewhere. But I'm not sure how to get to it, and having good areas for grinding would seem to imply that you could somehow get back to those floors to grind in them, but there doesn't seem to be a way back. Are you just supposed to hang around on the floor as long as you need to grind?

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 07:36:03 PM »
Is this the game from AQUASTYLE?
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 08:21:21 PM »
Is this the game from AQUASTYLE?

Yes it is an AQUASTYLE game.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 03:06:26 PM »
Always wanted to play an AQUASTYLE game, since they have these awesome video sequences.
But I not such a fan of SRPG, besides I don't which one to play first or if I will be able to play it with my (below-)average Japanese...
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.