Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 295955 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #780 on: August 21, 2013, 06:19:16 PM »
While you may be right im still dubious, and her stats are definately not better at all. Again, you forgot to factor in kasen's faster leveling, that and you forgot evasion, which kasen has 5(!)  more growth more...
Fighting spirit seems pretty comparible to manesty imo. It goes away after a switch yes, but since it doesnt buff stats, that means the effect should stack multiplicatively with her stat buffs, while majisty will only add to hers.
I didn't forget it, but there's no fast and easy way to get a comparison that takes level rate into account (I guess you could cheatengine both characters a huge equal amount of EXP to average things out and then compare from there though that would leave a small advantage to Kasen since she'd have a couple more level up boosts).  Also I'm pretty sure Evasion doesn't grow, it's static.

(also if you want obsolete try comparing Momiji to either of these two)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #781 on: August 21, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »
Character's abilities:
Byakuren Sutra Scroll - Sturm und Drang: It's an expression in german, I kinda liked it more than Storm and Stress
This just screams Tales of Symphonia 2 reference all over, just saying.  :derp:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #782 on: August 21, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?gn224cvt7c1hyiu
Here's all the skills translated for all subclasses.
The only skill missing is going to be Knowledge Union for the Sorcerer, it's not in the text dump and doesn't work in game.
This one and the achievement stuff was done with the 1.130 text dump so the addresses should all be good.
There is one untranslated line 007C9BDC, which only says Kuuuu...., which doesn't mean anything so I didn't change it
There is also one in 007C9724, which is just another scream thingy, they both seem out of place and I have no idea where they are actually used in.

Edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?eh1eibbew2d50mm For all subclass spells
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 07:28:43 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #783 on: August 21, 2013, 07:03:25 PM »
I noticed something about the
Spoiler:
Tenshi fight on the 12th floor. If you debuff her, she will start spamming a party nuke and the fight becomes a damage rush. One you probably can't win because of her defense. Another thing I noticed with all Tenshi fights is she will only use Sword of Scarlet Perception IF you buff above a certain point. This point isn't very high, as a few rounds of skills like Majesty or Meikyōshisui can set her off.

And to save everyone on skill points, don't get any skills that have to do with raising the amount of money or exp you get. The bonus system doesn't work yet. I'm not sure about drop rate skills, though.
Spoiler:
Nazrin's spells work, though
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #784 on: August 21, 2013, 07:29:43 PM »
I didn't forget it, but there's no fast and easy way to get a comparison that takes level rate into account (I guess you could cheatengine both characters a huge equal amount of EXP to average things out and then compare from there though that would leave a small advantage to Kasen since she'd have a couple more level up boosts).  Also I'm pretty sure Evasion doesn't grow, it's static.

(also if you want obsolete try comparing Momiji to either of these two)

If well evasion not growing or not doesnt matter in terms of still being a large amount of difference between the two.
And momiji provides a 50% hi buff to the entire front row, which is extremely unique and useful imo. On top of better defense and evasion again. She seems like a pretty good tank to me. Granted she wont be self buffing her own defense but im not saying shes better or even equal, just that she has a very powerful feature that is unique to her compared to those 2.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #785 on: August 21, 2013, 07:32:03 PM »
And to save everyone on skill points, don't get any skills that have to do with raising the amount of money or exp you get. The bonus system doesn't work yet. I'm not sure about drop rate skills, though.
Spoiler:
Nazrin's spells work, though

Those actually work, it's just that the Battle Results Screen doesn't show the proper amount of Yen and XP you get. If you check your characters and your Yen total afterwards though they're at the proper boosted number. So they work.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

CloverNaght

• Gotta hide in teh box..
  • FOEs r scareh
« Reply #786 on: August 21, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
If well evasion not growing or not doesnt matter in terms of still being a large amount of difference between the two.
And momiji provides a 50% hi buff to the entire front row, which is extremely unique and useful imo. On top of better defense and evasion again. She seems like a pretty good tank to me. Granted she wont be self buffing her own defense but im not saying shes better or even equal, just that she has a very powerful feature that is unique to her compared to those 2.
24 evasion not that helpful i think, considering i tried 130+ evasion stat Aya and still got many hits (majority from bosses tho).
As for character for tanking she just inferior compared to Komachi and
Spoiler:
Tenshi
. Then again she is your very first character you recruited so i'm fine with that. Might still useful for that 50% hit rate alone
Spoiler:
(starting from 16F onwards about 2 or 3 enemy type got annoying evasion)
Behold the power of love instagibbing, ze!!~

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #787 on: August 21, 2013, 08:35:36 PM »
Those actually work, it's just that the Battle Results Screen doesn't show the proper amount of Yen and XP you get. If you check your characters and your Yen total afterwards though they're at the proper boosted number. So they work.

Well, damn. Thanks.

The Guardian subclass's skill Efficient Concentration doesn't work yet. This one I double checked.

And does anyone know if things like Regeneration Ability and Body Revitalization stack? I would try myself, but I'm out of skill points right now and too lazy to respec. Just did it with Mokou; they do. Excuse me while I make Komachi a monk.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:15:04 PM by ViciousYukkuri »
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.

Sahgren

« Reply #788 on: August 21, 2013, 09:15:05 PM »
Found what may be an error on the wiki. The link to
Spoiler:
13F
in
Spoiler:
Byakuren's entry
is to the LoT1 page.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #789 on: August 21, 2013, 09:24:34 PM »
Well regarding hit and evasion, are you people just looking for hits and misses? Or are you refognizing glancing hits, crits, etc?
Frankly i have no idea how to tell if a hit is a hit or a glance or a crit. I see numbers turn blue grey, white, pink, and red but arent those elemental weaknesses/resistancs?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #790 on: August 21, 2013, 09:26:42 PM »
Found what may be an error on the wiki. The link to
Spoiler:
13F
in
Spoiler:
Byakuren's entry
is to the LoT1 page.
Fixed
Well regarding hit and evasion, are you people just looking for hits and misses? Or are you refognizing glancing hits, crits, etc?
Frankly i have no idea how to tell if a hit is a hit or a glance or a crit. I see numbers turn blue grey, white, pink, and red but arent those elemental weaknesses/resistancs?
I don't think there's a crit/glance system, or if there is, they don't put any differences in the battle to show you did one.

Also, えんがちょガード for Hina. Going for Engacho Guard or Swiftly Crossing your Fingers? I kinda prefer the latter
治療限界突破 for Eirin. Healing Limit Breaker or Therapeutic Limit Breakthrough?
隊列の要石 for Tenshi. I put Keystone of Ranks, but I think it's ugly, if anyone has any better ideas.
概念属性, need a good translation. Concept/Abstract Attribute just doesn't fit (it affects MYS, SPI, DRK and PHYS). It's counterpart is 元素属性, Elemental Attributes (FIR, CLD, WND and NTR)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 09:55:20 PM by kuilfrayt »
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Sahgren

« Reply #791 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:38 PM »

The color is elemental weaknesses/resistances, yes. Blue means they're strong against it and red means they're weak.

Also, えんがちょガード for Hina. Going for Engacho Guard or Swiftly Crossing your Fingers? I kinda prefer the latter

Swiftly Crossing Your Fingers fits better with Hina's bad luck theme.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:00:31 PM by Sahgren »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #792 on: August 21, 2013, 09:43:54 PM »
Enemy attacks: http://puu.sh/47yUL.txt

Qaz, is this format OK with you?

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #793 on: August 21, 2013, 09:51:59 PM »
No glance/crit? Blah. I was told it DID have euch a system. Lame-oh

« Reply #794 on: August 21, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »
Enemy attacks: http://puu.sh/47yUL.txt

Qaz, is this format OK with you?

I'd prefer the other way, honestly:

00846058: Attack
直接攻撃

Like that. The way it's set up, anything not beginning with a hex address is ignored. It lets you type in comments, although I don't preserve those when applying translations to the new version.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #795 on: August 21, 2013, 10:13:44 PM »
And does anyone know if things like Regeneration Ability and Body Revitalization stack? I would try myself, but I'm out of skill points right now and too lazy to respec. Just did it with Mokou; they do. Excuse me while I make Komachi a monk.

My first stone of awakening went to Komachi just for this. Her crappy defense stat means nothing when you can bulk her HP up to ridiculous levels and outregen even bosses if they don't oneshot her.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #796 on: August 21, 2013, 11:24:56 PM »
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2290/i1wi.png

Is there anything special about this guy? I've noticed they have a really low encounter rate. I've been on
Spoiler:
floor 12
for a while grinding for
Spoiler:
Suika's unholy amount of money she needs
and I've only run into it twice. I don't notice anything like extra EXP or money, and I can't read moonrunes to tell what it's drops are.

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #797 on: August 21, 2013, 11:47:24 PM »
Have the BP mechanics in Laby2 changed from Laby1? Going by the grinding I've been doing, I should have more then enough BP for an event,
Spoiler:
Fighting against Flandre to recruit her
, but the event doesn't occur the way it should. The characters needed are
Spoiler:
Remilia, Meiling, Sakuya, Patchouli, and Marisa,
correct?

Is it still 1 BP for being frontlined at the start of battle, and another 1 for being there at the end, for 2 per fight?

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #798 on: August 22, 2013, 12:27:59 AM »
http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/2290/i1wi.png

Is there anything special about this guy? I've noticed they have a really low encounter rate. I've been on
Spoiler:
floor 12
for a while grinding for
Spoiler:
Suika's unholy amount of money she needs
and I've only run into it twice. I don't notice anything like extra EXP or money, and I can't read moonrunes to tell what it's drops are.
I don't think there's anything special, they are just rare and they can be a pain to find to complete the bestiary

Have the BP mechanics in Laby2 changed from Laby1? Going by the grinding I've been doing, I should have more then enough BP for an event,
Spoiler:
Fighting against Flandre to recruit her
, but the event doesn't occur the way it should. The characters needed are
Spoiler:
Remilia, Meiling, Sakuya, Patchouli, and Marisa,
correct?

Is it still 1 BP for being frontlined at the start of battle, and another 1 for being there at the end, for 2 per fight?
It should still work this way,
Spoiler:
it's 300 BP for each individually (new values on the japanese wiki), not in total, maybe that's why you can't start it. Also, there is rumor that you need to have the SDM crew as your front line to start the boss fight.

Some names and effects I'm not sure about:
 気質を見極める程度の能力 (ability to determine the temperature?), the effect is increasing WND damage for all characters.

This is with the skill Copious Vaccine, it goes like this
 Lowers the chance for allies to be affected by a PSN effect by (SLv * 20) %,
 and if an ally is affected by a PSN effect, the HP reduction effect will be reduced by (SLv  * 20) %.
 猛毒による全能力微低下効果を無効化する。
 This effect is only active if the skill holder is on the front line.

Leading Role: The two first line are just a bunch of character's name, I don't know what the 3rd and 4th lines are, and I can't test it in game.
 霊夢、魔理沙、咲夜、妖夢、早苗、文、
 紫、アリス、レミリア、幽々子、萃香、パチュリー、にとり、神奈子、諏訪子の
 本家自機経験者、あるいは自機補助経験者が前衛にいる場合、スキル取得者の全能力に上昇補正がかかる。
 スキルレベルが高いほど、また前衛に自機関係者が多いほど補正効果は大きくなる。
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:33:53 AM by kuilfrayt »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #799 on: August 22, 2013, 12:57:32 AM »
It should still work this way,
Spoiler:
it's 300 BP for each individually (new values on the japanese wiki), not in total, maybe that's why you can't start it. Also, there is rumor that you need to have the SDM crew as your front line to start the boss fight.
Well, if it works the same as always, then I should be sporting double the needed...
Spoiler:
I use the SDM crew as Frontline, and if my maths are right they should have 500+ BP each, so I'm going to assume it's Marisa messing it up now x.x

Can you confirm the BP counts needed, and who needs them, for
Spoiler:
Yuuka, Byakuren, and Sikieiki?
Please and thank you :)

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #800 on: August 22, 2013, 01:28:01 AM »
Can you confirm the BP counts needed, and who needs them, for
Spoiler:
Yuuka, Byakuren, and Sikieiki?
Please and thank you :)
Spoiler:
Shikieki is 600 from Komachi, 300 from Reimu and 300 from Marisa
There is no known BP requirements yet for the two others. I'm basing my infos on the japanese wiki.

Sahgren

« Reply #801 on: August 22, 2013, 01:32:15 AM »
Spoiler:
Shikieki is 600 from Komachi, 300 from Reimu and 300 from Marisa
There is no known BP requirements yet for the two others. I'm basing my infos on the japanese wiki.

Don't you need BP with
Spoiler:
Wriggle, Nitori, Cirno, Utsuho, and Nazrin to get the events to unblock the way to Yuuka and ~800 with Nazrin to get all the pieces for Byakuren
? He could be referring to those.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #802 on: August 22, 2013, 01:48:40 AM »
Don't you need BP with
Spoiler:
Wriggle, Nitori, Cirno, Utsuho, and Nazrin to get the events to unblock the way to Yuuka and ~800 with Nazrin to get all the pieces for Byakuren

Well, I was just saying that I didn't know the exact number of BP required for those events

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #803 on: August 22, 2013, 01:50:14 AM »
Don't you need BP with
Spoiler:
Yes I am, those are exactly what I mean :D Thank you :D
Spoiler:
Eight-freaking-hundred-ish on Nazrin to get Byakuren? Ugh, no wonder she seems so bloody powerful! 800 BP on an ally who isn't even very appealing D: *grumblegrumble*
Spoiler:
Anyone know the Cheat Engine address to change BP for Nazrin?

Sahgren

« Reply #804 on: August 22, 2013, 01:52:18 AM »
Well, I was just saying that I didn't know the exact number of BP required for those events

Whoops, my bad. But yes, I do remember someone mentioning earlier that you need
Spoiler:
400, 600, then 800 BP for Nazrin's events on 11F and 13F
. Might be good to look into that.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #805 on: August 22, 2013, 02:01:54 AM »
Need some insight for a translation:
あるいは敵の攻撃で味方に戦闘不能者が出た場合
Does this mean "if the attack targets an ally's weak resistance" or "if an attack targets the skill holder's weak resistance"
Its the skill description for Edokko God of Death:
敵に攻撃を受けた場合、25%の確率で敵全体に霊性直接攻撃で反撃を行う。
敵の行動が即死効果のある攻撃だった場合、
あるいは敵の攻撃で味方に戦闘不能者が出た場合、反撃率が100%になる。

Minako The Maid

• Lady Remilia's Servant
  • Living in Scarlet Mansion
« Reply #806 on: August 22, 2013, 03:09:42 AM »
Been trying to figure where I got
Spoiler:
4th scroll for Byakuren even but yet to find it... seeing I originally had it when I started looking to recruit Byakuren I just assumed I got it from a boss in later floors, above 15th
As for
Spoiler:
Nazrin events requiring 400, 600 and 800 BP to get the other scrolls for Byakuren, I think those might've been lowered when last patch came out which reduced some BP requirements
Could just make second playthrough to figure BP requirements of all events that need it...
Also,
Spoiler:
Gambler's subclass' last skill is likely wrong in the wiki right now, in-game it definitely says something with 50% and 15% per skill lv (going by 50% more damage taken and 15% increased damage done), it is not same skill as the one Transcendant has. If I knew how to change wiki I'd do myself but I could tell the max skill lvls and cost for Gambler's and Transcendant's skills
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:54:48 AM by Minako The Maid »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #807 on: August 22, 2013, 03:34:01 AM »
Bleh, so i just got to floor 4 and im having a hard time figuring out which characters i wanna dump or use. Everyone in my party feels too good to dump to make space for someone else.
Anyway I decided to dump keine cuz her nukes are nearly useless agains bosses, and just meh for trash. Her buffs are pretty mediocre too.

I thought about kogada too (even though i like her) since after floor 1 she seems to rarely eo much more than average nukes. But then i thought that after leveling, and after i get enough skill points, sense fear and arm stwisting combined will make her a terrifying machine, not to mention good for shocking too.

Im going to refrain from using parsee because she looks like she is best off being used with hina. I actually wanna try hina but ill wait for a future playthru since im having so much trouble figuring out which characters to use. They all seem so good so far *cries*.

Looks like no kasen though. So far ive only had one gameover. From youmu, her wind nuke oneshot everyone but momiji even though reimu def buffs were up. She still seems almost as luck based a fight as the first game if you go for level bonus thing (first game you are basically hooped if she poisons your whole party on turn 1 or 2).

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #808 on: August 22, 2013, 03:55:23 AM »
*Some names and effects I'm not sure about:
 気質を見極める程度の能力 (ability to determine the temperature?), the effect is increasing WND damage for all characters.

Ability to identify one's spirit (This is Tenshi's ability. Seriously though, if you see something 程度の能力, just go check the abilities page in touhouwiki and 99% of the time you'll find it there.)

*This is with the skill Copious Vaccine, it goes like this
 Lowers the chance for allies to be affected by a PSN effect by (SLv * 20) %,
 and if an ally is affected by a PSN effect, the HP reduction effect will be reduced by (SLv  * 20) %.
 猛毒による全能力微低下効果を無効化する。
 This effect is only active if the skill holder is on the front line.

"PSN's effect of lowering all stats slightly will also be nullified."

*Leading Role: The two first line are just a bunch of character's name, I don't know what the 3rd and 4th lines are, and I can't test it in game.
 霊夢、魔理沙、咲夜、妖夢、早苗、文、
 紫、アリス、レミリア、幽々子、萃香、パチュリー、にとり、神奈子、諏訪子の
 本家自機経験者、あるいは自機補助経験者が前衛にいる場合、スキル取得者の全能力に上昇補正がかかる。
 スキルレベルが高いほど、また前衛に自機関係者が多いほど補正効果は大きくなる。

From Reimu, Marisa, Sakuya, Youmu, Sanae, Aya, Yukari, Alice, Remilia, Yuyuko, Suika, Patchouli, Nitori, Kanako, Suwako:
if any character that wase previously partnered as player character is in the front row, then the skill holder's all stats will increase.
The higher the skill level, and the more partner characters are present, the higher the increase will be.

(Basically, this is referring to how some of those characters "teamed up" in games before. A list for those of you who're not familiar with the official works:
Reimu-Yukari (IN/SA), Reimu-Suika (SA), Reimu-Aya (SA), Marisa-Alice (IN/SA), Marisa-Patchouli (SA), Marisa-Nitori (SA), Sakuya-Remilia (IN), Youmu-Yuyuko (IN), Sanae-Kanako (UNL), Sanae-Suwako (UNL).)

*Need some insight for a translation:
あるいは敵の攻撃で味方に戦闘不能者が出た場合
Does this mean "if the attack targets an ally's weak resistance" or "if an attack targets the skill holder's weak resistance"
Its the skill description for Edokko God of Death:
敵に攻撃を受けた場合、25%の確率で敵全体に霊性直接攻撃で反撃を行う。
敵の行動が即死効果のある攻撃だった場合、
あるいは敵の攻撃で味方に戦闘不能者が出た場合、反撃率が100%になる。

The entire description:
There is a 25% chance of SPI-elemental normal attack counterattack on the entire enemy party whenever they attack.
If the enemy lands a DTH effect (or attacks with something that has DTH effect - you'd have to test it out),
or if the enemy's attack incapacitates an ally, the counterattack chance will be 100%.

戦闘不能 is the catchall term for "your HP is 0". So basically the counterattack is guaranteed if the enemy's attack killed one or more allies.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:58:37 AM by RegalStar »

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #809 on: August 22, 2013, 03:58:36 AM »
Looks like no kasen though. So far ive only had one gameover. From youmu, her wind nuke oneshot everyone but momiji even though reimu def buffs were up. She still seems almost as luck based a fight as the first game if you go for level bonus thing (first game you are basically hooped if she poisons your whole party on turn 1 or 2).
12 Game Overs is easy to get if you want, and Kasen is really powerful, especially when you consider how early she can join and what she brings to the party.

As for recruiting
Spoiler:
Flandre
I have found out some details that the Wiki doesn't make clear.
Spoiler:
You can find an event with Flandre on 12F and clear it WITHOUT Achievement 33(defeat 30 FOEs). Instead, it's needed as part of the Fight requirements. What the wiki says is that you need to defeat 30 FOEs for the first event, which is untrue, and part of my issues with triggering the fight earlier. I had the BP and then some, Marisa was even at 1000(!!), but I didn't have the 30 FOEs beaten, so Flansocks refused to show up and fight me when I checked out the boss symbol.