Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F  (Read 295517 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 and 10F
« Reply #900 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:17 AM »
A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... (as in, I think the last demo to come out), we had someone unlocked all characters by modifying a binary file for the save folders, and that's how people can use it to start a new game with everyone.

Marvelous. Is this something us non-code-y mortals might be able to do, or am I waiting on a proper NG+ patch? I would really appreciate some instruction here, if it's not too much trouble.

Oh, and for what it's worth, the game itself calls ATK-based skills "direct attacks", while the element is "physical". And personally I'm in favour of "Perception" as ViciousYukkuri suggested, as well as the whole Fury idea, and "Eyes that See Truth" or perhaps even "All-Seeing Eye" to get the intent across in a less clunky manner. Not actually part of the project, though, just a passing translator, so I'll shush now.

Hawk

• Babababa~
« Reply #901 on: August 24, 2013, 11:52:18 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15170.msg998352.html#msg998352

I haven't tried it with the full version, but, assuming the file format hasn't changed (almost certainly would not have), this will still work.

And, for the record, the "character unlock" file is wholly separate from each character's "stats'n'stuff" file.  This means you could hypothetically overwrite an existing save with this file, and all of your current characters would retain their progression, while the new ones would be unlocked.  What I don't know is at what point the "total party exp collected so far" stat is applied to a character, so I'm not sure if they would be unlocked with 0 exp or not.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 11:56:44 AM by Hawk »

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #902 on: August 24, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15170.msg998352.html#msg998352

I haven't tried it with the full version, but, assuming the file format hasn't changed (almost certainly would not have), this will still work.

And, for the record, the "character unlock" file is wholly separate from each character's "stats'n'stuff" file.  This means you could hypothetically overwrite an existing save with this file, and all of your current characters would retain their progression, while the new ones would be unlocked.  What I don't know is at what point the "total party exp collected so far" stat is applied to a character, so I'm not sure if they would be unlocked with 0 exp or not.
This works
Spoiler:
and you can have Maribel and Renko with this. But try to access their skill and the game will crash.
Maribel don't even have a portrait yet.
The new party members you gain will have 0 EXP.
Marvelous. Is this something us non-code-y mortals might be able to do, or am I waiting on a proper NG+ patch? I would really appreciate some instruction here, if it's not too much trouble.

Oh, and for what it's worth, the game itself calls ATK-based skills "direct attacks", while the element is "physical". And personally I'm in favour of "Perception" as ViciousYukkuri suggested, as well as the whole Fury idea, and "Eyes that See Truth" or perhaps even "All-Seeing Eye" to get the intent across in a less clunky manner. Not actually part of the project, though, just a passing translator, so I'll shush now.
The last thing we need is less help. So if you want to do your share of the work feel free to do so.

« Reply #903 on: August 24, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »

Thank you kindly. I'll be sure to try that tomorrow! Oh, and I'll probably report back if I learn anything from the whole business.

Oh, and Krve, I just thought I should keep my mouth shut unless I'm a full-time part of the project. I'd be delighted to help (and as a professional Japanese-to-English translator, I probably won't be entirely useless, though I'm lost reference-wise with this game), but I'm rather swamped and not even entirely sure if I'll have a house this time next week, so I can't really commit any time to this. Sorry. That said, if this is ongoing when my situation stabilises a bit, I may join in, if you'll have me.

The Krve

• Power Word : Silence
« Reply #904 on: August 24, 2013, 01:08:08 PM »
Thank you kindly. I'll be sure to try that tomorrow! Oh, and I'll probably report back if I learn anything from the whole business.

Oh, and Krve, I just thought I should keep my mouth shut unless I'm a full-time part of the project. I'd be delighted to help (and as a professional Japanese-to-English translator, I probably won't be entirely useless, though I'm lost reference-wise with this game), but I'm rather swamped and not even entirely sure if I'll have a house this time next week, so I can't really commit any time to this. Sorry. That said, if this is ongoing when my situation stabilises a bit, I may join in, if you'll have me.
We all get those times on our life.
That said, whatever things you got tangled into, I wish you the best of luck.

« Reply #905 on: August 24, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
We all get those times on our life.
That said, whatever things you got tangled into, I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you. I'm looking forward to joining in on this,  once circumstances allow it. Though I suppose I should check one thing in advance: Is any coding knowledge required to translate this stuff? Technologically, I'm still at the  sort of level where I think rubbing sticks together to make fire is a neat idea, so I don't know if I'm quite up to the task.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #906 on: August 24, 2013, 02:40:57 PM »
Spoiler:
Soooo... How do I get to Floor 16? The only part of Floor 16 I have gotten to is the one with the FOE that's level 124, IIRC...

Screenshot: http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/1414/3wll.png
Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Because I'm completely lost T_T Thanks in advance.

CP3

« Reply #907 on: August 24, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »
it's somewhere here, I forget what page.. Qaz posted it, search for menu only or something like that. It's mostly there so that qaz himself (and others working on the patch who can't read japanese I guess) can test their own work faster, it's not really meant to be a release to appease others yet I don't think...But yeah it was public here without any passwords or whatever so take a look =). I think it was a mediafire dl btw, thlabyrinth2_out.rar

Thanks, Ghaleon, qaz. I'll give it a shot.

By the way, in case anyone else was looking for the preliminary menu patch,  I did a search and found the post. Here it is:

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,15170.msg1009970/topicseen.html#msg1009970

« Reply #908 on: August 24, 2013, 03:03:19 PM »
Spoiler:
Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Because I'm completely lost T_T Thanks in advance.
Spoiler:
Can't tell what are you missing especially but if you want the road : http://puu.sh/49JLQ/77dfed3105.png

You have to pass 2 rocks.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 03:16:22 PM by MiniTokki »

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #909 on: August 24, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »
GREAT. Now I figured out what I did wrong. Thanks. Since both pitfalls and rocks are red events and the unexplored part of the map is also red(if you know what I mean), I thought it was a pitfall that led to F14, and I had forgotten that these were 2 rocks. Hopefully they will make the unexplored part of the map some other color, so we don't get confused -_-

Thanks again.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
  • I feed on your tears...
« Reply #910 on: August 24, 2013, 03:57:32 PM »
E: I just figured it out. They give you boost skills. I'm unsure of what it means by "Attribute Boost" though. It might be a small boost to all stats, but don't quote me on that, it's just a guess.
To my understanding, Elemental Boost is for Fire/Cold/Wind/Nature, while "Attribute" or w/e is for Mystic/Spirit/Darkness/Physical...
So because I was bad at the start and never really changed it, the "Attribute Boost" has been changed (in my translation files) to "RES Boost", they will increase all resistances (FIR, CLD, WND, NTR, MYS, SPI, DRK, PHYS). The next one, called "Status Boost" increases all ailment resistances (PSN, PAR, HVY, SHK, SIL, TRR, DTH, DBF)
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

Now working with Touhou-Online in French

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #911 on: August 24, 2013, 04:23:17 PM »
A bit late, but I looked over kuil's character skills text, and there are some corrections here:

007D9480: and if an ally is affected by a TRR effect, the duration and the MP drain effect will be reduced by (SLv  * 20) %.  (Original text wrote HVY for some reason)

007D8308: When a party member is KO'd, all stats will be increased by (Slvl * 6)%. (not Slvl*6) chance)

007D6D84: There's a chance restoring 1 MP every time the skill holder takes damage.

007D5E7C: HP will be restored to 33% and the ATB bar put at 0.

007D4840: Ability to use Shikigamis

007D3938: The only unwitherable flower in Gensokyo

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #912 on: August 24, 2013, 04:33:56 PM »
A bit late, but I looked over kuil's character skills text, and there are some corrections here:

007D9480: and if an ally is affected by a TRR effect, the duration and the MP drain effect will be reduced by (SLv  * 20) %.  (Original text wrote HVY for some reason)

007D8308: When a party member is KO'd, all stats will be increased by (Slvl * 6)%. (not Slvl*6) chance)

007D6D84: There's a chance restoring 1 MP every time the skill holder takes damage.

007D5E7C: HP will be restored to 33% and the ATB bar put at 0.

007D4840: Ability to use Shikigamis

Woopsie, a few of them were actually me not checking over. I basically had half of the characters already done from the demos, and I didn't check everything back to see all differences. (007D5E7C was ATB bar at half before they made the change. 007D5E7C said SLv MP on the trial). 007D9480 was me copy pasting stuff and forgetting to correct it. And the two last are better translations for them. Good catch on those.
I stared into the abyss, and the abyss didn't stare back. Even the void doesn't want to be my friend :(

« Reply #913 on: August 24, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
Thanks.

Pretty sure unwitherable isn't a word, but if it was, it'd mean "incapable of withering". Is that what it should be? I'd imagine "The only flower in Gensokyo that does not wither" would make more sense than "The only flower in Gensokyo that cannot wither"

DA

• Some dude on the internet
« Reply #914 on: August 24, 2013, 04:47:48 PM »
I need some help with getting all the materials and I seem to be missing two. I would like someone to tell me where to go get them or what drops them, either will be fine,
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45476381/Funtimes/materials.bmp

I might as well ask this also. Is it even possible to get 12 stones of awakening because i can't seem to find more then 10 stones.

« Reply #915 on: August 24, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
Pretty sure unwitherable isn't a word, but if it was, it'd mean "incapable of withering". Is that what it should be? I'd imagine "The only flower in Gensokyo that does not wither" would make more sense than "The only flower in Gensokyo that cannot wither"

I think something like "Gensokyo's Unwithering Flower" would be a solid and concise translation.

So because I was bad at the start and never really changed it, the "Attribute Boost" has been changed (in my translation files) to "RES Boost", they will increase all resistances (FIR, CLD, WND, NTR, MYS, SPI, DRK, PHYS). The next one, called "Status Boost" increases all ailment resistances (PSN, PAR, HVY, SHK, SIL, TRR, DTH, DBF)

I'm pretty sure using "RES Boost" to refer to Elemental Affinities, and then "Status" to refer to Status Resistances, would get a bit confusing. Maybe just call them "AFF Boost" for the elements, and "RES Boost" for the statuses?

BAM!

Spoiler:
Good luck with Yukari

Thanks a tonne for this by the way.

« Reply #916 on: August 24, 2013, 05:55:29 PM »
I think something like "Gensokyo's Unwithering Flower" would be a solid and concise translation.

I'm pretty sure using "RES Boost" to refer to Elemental Affinities, and then "Status" to refer to Status Resistances, would get a bit confusing. Maybe just call them "AFF Boost" for the elements, and "RES Boost" for the statuses?

For what it's worth, I support both of these. That particular ability is awfully hard to come up with a snappy name for in English, though. Alternatives - though I'm not suggesting that they're better, just putting them here in case they catch someone's fancy - might be "Gensokyo's Unwilting Flower"/"Gensokyo's Eternal Flower" (or "sole unwilting/unwithering/eternal" flower, if you prefer). "Evergreen" would work too; it's more for trees, but applies to flowers too.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #917 on: August 24, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
Good line of thinking, but "Affinity Boost" is fine without going as far as AFF Boost; I don't imagine the other boosts are getting abbreviated and is Affinity even abbreviated like that anywhere else in the game? (Not as sure whether "Status Boost", "Resistance Boost" or both of those names combined would be best for the other)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #918 on: August 24, 2013, 06:28:05 PM »
Yeah, I was only shortening them because kuil was also shortening them. Affinity Boost and Resistance Boost would be the best in my eyes. "Status Boost" is kind of vague because just about anything could be referred to by "status".

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #919 on: August 24, 2013, 08:37:51 PM »
I've got a very important question: Does anyone know where the music used in Labyrinth of Touhou 2 is from? A LoT2-video of mine has gotten a copyright-notice from Bandai Co Ltd. Could it be that the first boss theme (For  Youmu, Kaguya, Komachi and a few others) is from a Bandai-game?
It would be good to know because honestly, I have no idea what to do with that and what that means for me...

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #920 on: August 24, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »
The video I have uploaded yesterday with me fighting
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
and the video I uploaded of me fighting
Spoiler:
Yukari
has gotten the same thing.[/url] I do believe this is an error by YouTube. I have videos that have matched third party content, and it displays the music that is claimed to be owned by a "third party". However, this time(for me) it didn't display the name of the music and the time it displayed was false. The music started playing long before the time YouTube said it did. Thus, I believe this is an error made by YouTube, which is why I disputed it. If it is not an error by YouTube, there is a "Reinstated Content ID Claim". If you dispute that, and that claim by YouTube is not false, then that may lead to a strike or even account termination. That's everything I know about this matter. Anything else that is known and I have not included, please share.

Also, if someone doesn't want to grind for BP for
Spoiler:
Flandre
, I have found a semi-easy way with Cheat Engine. If you are sure that you have less than 300 BP with the
Spoiler:
SDM family
, then, with Cheat Engine, search for values between 0 and 300. Then go to a battle with these characters and win it with them. Then search for increased values, and then, (if you're sure you still have less than 300 BP,) search again for values between 0 and 300. Repeat until you find the addresses. Once you do, change the values to 300, and go enjoy a fight with a level
Spoiler:
70 Flandre Scarlet.
I'm kind of in a hurry, which is why I didn't put that much detail. If requested, I can try writing a guide on how to do it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 08:55:25 PM by Xarizzar95 »

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #921 on: August 24, 2013, 09:19:50 PM »
The video I have uploaded yesterday with me fighting
Spoiler:
Yuyuko
and the video I uploaded of me fighting
Spoiler:
Yukari
has gotten the same thing.[/url] I do believe this is an error by YouTube. I have videos that have matched third party content, and it displays the music that is claimed to be owned by a "third party". However, this time(for me) it didn't display the name of the music and the time it displayed was false. The music started playing long before the time YouTube said it did. Thus, I believe this is an error made by YouTube, which is why I disputed it. If it is not an error by YouTube, there is a "Reinstated Content ID Claim". If you dispute that, and that claim by YouTube is not false, then that may lead to a strike or even account termination. That's everything I know about this matter. Anything else that is known and I have not included, please share.

Also, if someone doesn't want to grind for BP for
Spoiler:
Flandre
, I have found a semi-easy way with Cheat Engine. If you are sure that you have less than 300 BP with the
Spoiler:
SDM family
, then, with Cheat Engine, search for values between 0 and 300. Then go to a battle with these characters and win it with them. Then search for increased values, and then, (if you're sure you still have less than 300 BP,) search again for values between 0 and 300. Repeat until you find the addresses. Once you do, change the values to 300, and go enjoy a fight with a level
Spoiler:
70 Flandre Scarlet.
I'm kind of in a hurry, which is why I didn't put that much detail. If requested, I can try writing a guide on how to do it.

that sounds great, but in reality, if your going to do that, why not just give the adresses for the SDM's BP value(s)?
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #922 on: August 24, 2013, 09:22:05 PM »
This has been two things bugging me, one of them is, the wiki said you need find
Spoiler:
4 pieces of Byakuren's scroll to recruit Byakuren
right, do you need BP for
Spoiler:
Nazrin
to find each piece or no and is the
Spoiler:
Flandre fight
like her LoT1's version fight or different?  That's all I wanted to know. Thanks in advance.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #923 on: August 24, 2013, 09:28:45 PM »
This has been two things bugging me, one of them is, the wiki said you need find
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nazrin
Spoiler:
Flandre fight
like her LoT1's version fight or different?  That's all I wanted to know. Thanks in advance.

For the
Spoiler:
Byakuren Scrolls
you need 400, 600, and 800 BP with
Spoiler:
Nazrin
and get a specific item drop from something on 14F. I can't answer the other question because I was grossly overleveled(like 140 average) when I did that fight, so it was ended in like 2 hits.

ViciousYukkuri

• Casually Hardcore
  • All is best 2hu.
« Reply #924 on: August 24, 2013, 09:30:36 PM »
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Nazrin
Spoiler:
Flandre fight

For the
Spoiler:
Byakuren Scrolls
Spoiler:
Nazrin
and get a specific item drop from something on 14F. I can't answer the other question because I was grossly overleveled(like 140 average) when I did that fight, so it was ended in like 2 hits.

You also need Nitori BP for some reason for the last event. I don't know how much, but not a lot.
I finally got my first Normal 1cc. ReimuA, TD.
I have a noob stream now. Mostly Touhou, fangames, Warframe and League of Legends.
Currently playing: Nothing until ESO is out.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #925 on: August 24, 2013, 09:32:38 PM »
For the
Spoiler:
Byakuren Scrolls
Spoiler:
Nazrin
and get a specific item drop from something on 14F.
Well shit... looks like Imma have a looooooooooooooooooong way to go yipee.~ 
Spoiler:
WHHHHHHY NAMUSAAAAAAAN WHHHHY
:colonveeplusalpha:

Edit: Nitori, I can deal with since I used her alot in LoT1.

Xarizzar

• RPG fan
« Reply #926 on: August 24, 2013, 09:38:08 PM »
that sounds great, but in reality, if your going to do that, why not just give the adresses for the SDM's BP value(s)?
Do you really think I hadn't thought of that? There was a Cheat Engine discussion before, and in that discussion I had said that the addresses change, which means the offsets/addresses I would give you would be useless. But I don't really blame you for not reading 31 pages to find that discussion ^_^'

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #927 on: August 24, 2013, 10:26:30 PM »
So... does the game actually have 12 Stone of Awakening in it? I gave one to Minoriko to make her Enhancer, and I have 8 more... if there are 12, where would they all be o_o
Spoiler:
If any of them are in 13-15 then bloody ell I won't be finding them unless Cheat Engine can screw with the puzzle.

Kuilfrayt

• 月には叢雲 華には風と
« Reply #928 on: August 24, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »
So... does the game actually have 12 Stone of Awakening in it? I gave one to Minoriko to make her Enhancer, and I have 8 more... if there are 12, where would they all be o_o
Spoiler:
If any of them are in 13-15 then bloody ell I won't be finding them unless Cheat Engine can screw with the puzzle.
I have found 10, the only places I could think of would be behind the 88 achievements rock and behind the 16F event with Marisa, Reimu and Yukari. I have another place left to explore on 16F, but I think that's where the last subclass is for me.
There's also a zone in 14F that I don't know how to access, the only way to get to it that I can see is blocked by 2 holes.

Edit: Nvm I found my last subclass on the 14F place.
Has anyone found the way to get to that place? http://i.imgur.com/naBZo3L.png
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:43:07 PM by kuilfrayt »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #929 on: August 24, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
Does anyone know how to use the partial translation patch for 1.130 and how to get the trial to work I try to open the client it keeps closing out on me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:35:52 PM by MewMewHeart »