Author Topic: Gensokyo Holy War Mafia (Game Over)  (Read 63923 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: Gensokyo Holy War Mafia (Game Over)
« Reply #930 on: April 15, 2013, 05:15:31 PM »
"I'm watching somebody speedrun Yu-gi-oh, Deulist of Roses." -Zakeri
"What, it's worse then Forbidden Memories? I heard that Duelist of Roses was fun like a kind of Yugioh RTS?
<.< >.> LINK IT BEFORE YOU GET LYNCHED" -Shadoweh
"SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM
Stream: TOTOzigemm" -Zakeri
LOL
I'm a moderator in that stream  :V  and that person lives only like an hour from me.  and we're planning on meeting up at some point and doing a stream marathon.  Oh the coincidences.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #931 on: April 15, 2013, 05:17:53 PM »
This ending owns

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #932 on: April 15, 2013, 05:17:58 PM »
I didn't even know Shadoweh had a roleblock.

gg wp no re

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #933 on: April 15, 2013, 05:24:59 PM »
Further ruleset analysis indicates that scum were assigned randomly irrespective of religion.  Why, then, would a cop role have the inability to investigate an entire religion when it could theoretically be a bastard role?

That's all setup speculation and mostly irrelevant, of course.
This alone would be grounds for a lynch in the situation the claim happened. The fact that setup speculation can be bad and often is bad and useless should not make you forget that there are times when it is useful.

Other than that, I fully echo Kilga's sentiment. Great play, guys. Keep it up. =)
Although I would totally support giving each future mafia game a variation of @ganbaranai title.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #934 on: April 15, 2013, 05:28:35 PM »
This alone would be grounds for a lynch in the situation the claim happened. The fact that setup speculation can be bad and often is bad and useless should not make you forget that there are times when it is useful.

Other than that, I fully echo Kilga's sentiment. Great play, guys. Keep it up. =)
Although I would totally support giving each future mafia game a variation of @ganbaranai title.

Nah, that was honestly a bit of meta analysis if anything.  Plenty of mods would be willing to throw in a psuedo-bastard cop role.  Kilga has been burned hard by such roles in the past, so I suspected he wouldn't do so here.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #935 on: April 15, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »

Put your own caption here

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #936 on: April 15, 2013, 05:43:10 PM »
Nah, that was honestly a bit of meta analysis if anything.  Plenty of mods would be willing to throw in a psuedo-bastard cop role.  Kilga has been burned hard by such roles in the past, so I suspected he wouldn't do so here.
The thing is that if you assume the mod is not lying about his own rules (alignment not being tied to religion), it would not be a bastard role in general, it just could end up as one depending on how the dices fall. It's a role with huge swing based on pre-game random chance alone and since it's directly tied to the religions, the only way he could counter-act it is by adding at least another role or two that somehow work in the reverse fashion (i.e. get stronger the more town are in religion X / scum get more boned the less of them are in religion X). Which opens up even more room for error, too, so... Unless you assume Kilga was planning for a potential trainwreck, no dice. Especially not if you have the options "well Kilga would totally go for this" vs "well isn't that a convenient claim for scum to make".
If it was an inexperienced mod / a mod with a knack for creating trainwrecks, or even just if it was advertised as being "lol experimental", that would be another matter.

Well, it worked out in the end either way.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #937 on: April 15, 2013, 05:43:41 PM »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #938 on: April 15, 2013, 05:44:59 PM »
Character: Soga no Tojiko (Taoism)
Alignment: Town
Role name: Voyeur
Role abilities: Being an intimately-trusted part of Shoutoku-taishi's entourage have honed your espionage skills over the years. Each night, you may target one person, and you may choose to be told one of three things:

- Who, if anyone, that player targeted with a night action (Tracker)
- Who, if anyone, targeted that player with a night action (Watcher)
- Whether or not that player took a night action AND whether or not that player was targeted by a night action (Weak Tracker/Watcher Combo)

However, each of these options may only be selected once throughout the game, so make them count.

You win when all threats to town have been completely eradicated. Good luck!

Also I think this is the first game I've actually won.

Damn.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Edible

« Reply #939 on: April 15, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »
The thing is that if you assume the mod is not lying about his own rules (alignment not being tied to religion), it would not be a bastard role in general, it just could end up as one depending on how the dices fall. It's a role with huge swing based on pre-game random chance alone

That's basically a bastard role though.

As it happens, we're discussing a completely fictional role anyway, so it's of little consequence.

Also I think this is the first game I've actually won.

:dragonforce:

Scumteam why did you attempt to poison BT? T_T

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #940 on: April 15, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
Because Shadoweh couldn't tell the difference between not worth killing and not willing to kill.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #941 on: April 15, 2013, 05:59:18 PM »
To be honest, when Zakeri claimed that restriction, I wish I had thought of it because I liked it. It wouldn't be too hard to modify who returned autoscum (or autotown!) to a cop based on the character that drew it.

Tangentially related: I'm glad RNG gave the Pagan the Doc role given the restriction, since I had no similar rebalancing idea for that one.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #942 on: April 15, 2013, 06:24:27 PM »
thoughts qt http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/LtkxCeJHqNZmK

yes it's basically me raging again (except I'm much less angry about it this time)

no i don't regret using that posting restriction

yes i'm still a little mad about it
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Edible

« Reply #943 on: April 15, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »

Put your own caption here

I still need a picture of you wearing that tshirt~

yes i'm still a little mad about it

I couldn't tell.

Edible

« Reply #944 on: April 15, 2013, 06:46:15 PM »
Quote from: Kilgamayan
Shadoweh dying will make a graveyard, yes.

whar

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #945 on: April 15, 2013, 06:48:24 PM »
Incidentally, I didn't step in and take action during that spat because every uninvolved party that I got an opinion from thought NNR was behaving poorly but that Pesco was behaving worse. (That and I couldn't think of any actions to take that wouldn't have given major alignment hints.) As far as I could tell, the only two people that actually thought the all-caps posting was bad were the two players that said so in-game, so there was no way I could justify taking action against NNR.

Fake edit: I kept forgetting to actually make a graveyard and the game seemed to be more or less on autopilot after her death anyway.

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #946 on: April 15, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
Sorry Edible there's only one person who's allowed to have a picture of me and it's not a man.

Edible

« Reply #947 on: April 15, 2013, 06:53:06 PM »
I was willing to lynch him for doing it despite being asked to stop and being petulant about it afterwards.  It wasn't a modkill-worthy action regardless and I don't think pescar was seriously asking for one anyway.

I HEREBY DECLARE THIS TOPIC THE GRAVEYARD PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST ALL GRAVEYARD THINGS HERE

Sorry Edible there's only one person who's allowed to have a picture of me and it's not a man.

Edible does not approve.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #948 on: April 15, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
Edible does not approve.

Edible does not happen to be a woman.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #949 on: April 15, 2013, 07:06:14 PM »
In fairness I probably would have been petulant about it too, and if I were another uninvolved player I'd be less inclined to vote the guy that was upset about having his fun ruined and more inclined to vote one of the guys that actively tried to ruin it (especially when one started lording it over him).

« Reply #950 on: April 15, 2013, 08:12:16 PM »
"I'm watching somebody speedrun Yu-gi-oh, Deulist of Roses." -Zakeri
"What, it's worse then Forbidden Memories? I heard that Duelist of Roses was fun like a kind of Yugioh RTS?
<.< >.> LINK IT BEFORE YOU GET LYNCHED" -Shadoweh
"SPEEDRUNSLIVE.COM
Stream: TOTOzigemm" -Zakeri
LOL
I'm a moderator in that stream  :V  and that person lives only like an hour from me.  and we're planning on meeting up at some point and doing a stream marathon.  Oh the coincidences.

Speedrunners are the most awesome people.
Especially when they're playing kind-of-shitty games.

RE: Cop claim
I actually feel in love with my claim when I thought of it. I think that (ignoring towns other roles) My cop claim would be a good fit in the game. After all, all I did was basically claim to be paranoid for a specific 25% of the time- Even with and especially because alignment was rolled separately from religion, that having a religion based restriction would work because then I wouldn't have been able to use my role to automatically guess that there were scum with the shinto.

In fairness I probably would have been petulant about it too, and if I were another uninvolved player I'd be less inclined to vote the guy that was upset about having his fun ruined and more inclined to vote one of the guys that actively tried to ruin it (especially when one started lording it over him).
The only reason I waited until day 2 to do that was because I was super scum and needed to find a good place to push for day 2 after stalling, rather than continually scumhunt.
Sorry NNR, I wasn't even affected by the ALL CAPS part of your posts.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #951 on: April 15, 2013, 08:16:03 PM »
Zak we've played enough games together that you know you could have done better than that. Had you done so, I may have believed your claim.

Edible

« Reply #952 on: April 15, 2013, 08:19:34 PM »
Actually, to be honest the additional limitations he added really helped sell me on it, since they were similar in theme to my own role's limitations.

It took a lot of evidence to convince me to get him lynched.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #953 on: April 15, 2013, 08:25:21 PM »
Flavour always makes sense. It was the way he stalled on claiming and then the not so town logic actions that still made him scum.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #954 on: April 15, 2013, 08:27:25 PM »
Flavour always makes sense. It was the way he stalled on claiming and then the not so town logic actions that still made him scum.

And I jumped on it pretty hard.

Until everyone else jmped off, at which point I went :/ and stopped pushing on him.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #955 on: April 15, 2013, 08:29:07 PM »
For a 32-page game there really wasn't that much content in it. I'm still convinced that Polly/Rai/Dormio are serial killers.

Edible

« Reply #956 on: April 15, 2013, 08:30:37 PM »
And I jumped on it pretty hard.

Until everyone else jmped off, at which point I went :/ and stopped pushing on him.

We really lose nothing by holding off on a Zak lynch.  Worst case scenario, he's scum and we lynch him later.  Best case scenario, he's a cop and we get at least one cleared town (Schezo) or two (plus one confirmed town) if for whatever reason scumteam doesn't axe him tonight.  Sorry Pesco, can't agree with you on this one.

bolded for emphasis :V

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #957 on: April 15, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »
But Edibibl you saying we had nothing to lose by holding off is one of the main things that made people... hold off

Although you did call it.

For a 32-page game there really wasn't that much content in it. I'm still convinced that Polly/Rai/Dormio are serial killers.

I am a serial killer.

Of Mafia.

*SwagRumia Mode*

YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAH

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #958 on: April 15, 2013, 08:35:37 PM »
Hmm, Rai, a lot of your play in this game was textbook scummy but I don't really know what to tell you to improve. This might have been my first time playing with you as town - are you always like this? :I

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #959 on: April 15, 2013, 08:41:40 PM »
Hmm, Rai, a lot of your play in this game was textbook scummy but I don't really know what to tell you to improve. This might have been my first time playing with you as town - are you always like this? :I

My town play is pretty much always flailing around hopelessly attempting to make cases and push things and then not pushing hard enough. That and crackpot theories or missing something that makes me look scummy. I guess my biggest flaw is I give up a case too easily. That or fail to push one hard enough to convince others... but that's more something to do with experience.

I think you have played with Town!Raikaria before, but it was probobly an Anonmafia game. I don't think you've played with Scum!Raikaria, which has only existed in one game, [And would have gone to plan, if it wasn't for IHNN changing his target at the last moment!]