Author Topic: Guilty Alice! ROUND 14 OVERRR  (Read 252917 times)

Sixten

• Legendary Creature - Frog
  • 6/10
    • House of Sixten
Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 9!
« Reply #690 on: June 30, 2013, 02:19:50 PM »
Missed the vote for Week 8 because my cable modem burned out and I had no home internet for 3 days.

Anyway, while I'm glad someone finally beat the Drama Queens, the winning entry didn't seem particularly minimalist to me, although I admit it was quite clever. If I had voted, I would have given +2 to the runner-up, Kitten4u, whose entry was both well drawn and very minimalist. I've said in the past that I'm not a fan of Kitten4u's coloring style, but the different style in the latest entry allowed me to get past my bias and acknowledge that he/she is actually pretty good.

So anyway, I'm not too familiar with the hip-hop fashion that is the theme for week 9, but here goes:

Oklahoma City 9

Oh, and don't vote for me.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #691 on: June 30, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »
Why do you post an entry every week after you 'resigned', then beseech that people 'don't vote for you'?

That coupled with the strangely constant complaining about the group you call 'drama queens' carries an interesting implication on your intentions
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

pineyappled

« Reply #692 on: June 30, 2013, 09:20:39 PM »
Why do you post an entry every week after you 'resigned', then beseech that people 'don't vote for you'?

That coupled with the strangely constant complaining about the group you call 'drama queens' carries an interesting implication on your intentions
Chill out.

That said, I don't get why he doesn't take votes either.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #693 on: June 30, 2013, 09:42:02 PM »
I just asked a question, not sure where you're coming from
                                                                                   .

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #694 on: July 01, 2013, 12:20:36 AM »

I wish I could take it easy and play without worrying about winning or losing, but my personality isn't wired that way - if I have a chance to win a contest, I'm going all out. I wish I could just quit completely, but I love the game too much for that. This kind of setup where I play the role of a retired (and ringless) Hall of Famer who plays merely to help teach the younger generation is the best thing for me.

As for my fixation with the Drama Queens, I simply think of them as the one really good sports team that always beats my favorite team. They're just a team that's fun for me to root against, nothing more. Do you think I don't give them the respect they deserve?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #695 on: July 01, 2013, 01:10:48 AM »
But in this kind of setup you're not playing at all, because playing a competitive game by definition means competing. So you're just dropping a random piece of art every week. Which by itself doesn't really help 'the younger generation' at all, since it doesn't add competitive value. Might as well stick to constructive criticism, or join the game proper.
You also refer to yourself as a 'Hall of Famer', but you didn't win any of the weeks, and there's no such established hall of fame, formal or informal. This comes off as a cry for recognition, honestly, and not much else.

Sorry, just this is all very strange. Before you said you were retiring because of time constraints, which is perfectly natural, but then you keep submitting a piece every week. Why don't you join the game properly? You have enough skill, there's no reason to fear diving in.
                                                                                   .

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #696 on: July 01, 2013, 01:52:56 AM »
I said "ringless Hall of Famer", which is a term used in American sports for someone who is recognized for their contributions to the game despite never having won a title. Championship winners generally receive elaborate rings in addition to the trophy that their team gets. While I admit that I do want recognition, I have no illusions about my failure to achieve victory. I think my contributions are appreciated, even if I don't want them to be eligible for judging. And I do generally put forth a good effort in criticizing the work of others.

Also, the time constraints I was talking about are real. Back before I retired I would spend a whole weekend creating pieces for this contest. These days I just pick a random sporting event and draw during the commercial breaks, and my entry is done in a few hours.

Have I offended you and not realized it? You seem to be unusually critical of my desire to only half-participate in this thread.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #697 on: July 01, 2013, 04:42:24 PM »
I'm sorry for not knowing US sports jargon too, I'm not from the US.

As for your contributions, let me rephrase what I meant earlier: your submissions here are as appreciated as any other loose piece of work in the board. I think you'll get more recognition by posting them in the PYA thread, on your own. Or well, just entering them in the competition, since they're done anyway.

I''m just curious, I have no reason to be offended. I'm the full-time spectator here :V
                                                                                   .

KrackoCloud

• I don't mean to be greedy...
  • ... but white rice is my favorite food.
« Reply #698 on: July 01, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »
Just a heads up that since Freeze-Ex has got a contest going on, there will be a brief pause between this GA round and the next.

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #699 on: July 02, 2013, 11:18:19 AM »
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Sixten

• 6/10
    • House of Sixten
« Reply #700 on: July 02, 2013, 01:25:19 PM »
@HakureiSM: If you're curious, you deserve the long answer.

I announced my retirement because "comic season" was upon me - last year, I started in July 2012 in order to have a 50-page book printed in time for the convention in March 2013. This has proven to take up around 16 hours a week - which doesn't seem like much until you realize that I have an actual job on the side. When this season arrives, I usually don't have time for anything else. Ask my friends from the game store and from college - I disappear into my room for months at a time.

Because of a frantic deadline rush at the beginning of 2013, I decided to get comic season started earlier than July this year, and retired from Aliceball to give myself more time. However, I was then recruited by Totaku for his scroll project. (Unlike other people who volunteered, I was somehow sought out because of my reputation as a background artist.) At the same time, my (real-life) brother recruited me to do the invitation and decoration designs for his wedding, and you can't say no to family. I decided I might as well put off comic season until July like last year.

However, the scroll project and the wedding invitations, while time-consuming, ended up being less time-consuming than comic season, and so I did have 3 hours a week to devote to Aliceball. Because I had retired before I knew that 3-hour submissions were perfectly acceptable, for a short time I considered coming out of retirement. But I knew that eventually the 16 hours a week would happen, and decided to embrace the role of Reggie Miller or Charles Barkley,  basketball stars who continued to be active in the game despite having retired from formal competition (and having never won a championship, much like myself). That way I could enjoy the game while I still had time to give it, without me (and the scroll project, and my brother's wedding stuff) suffering the pressure of having to play to win.

And guess what: July is here, and I've started working on my comic for the 2014 convention. You won't see another Aliceball submission from me for the next six months.

Hopefully now that you see the whole picture, my actions will make a bit more sense. My retirement wasn't a lie, it was just delayed for a few weeks.

@Vento: My knowledge of Japanese is somewhat limited, so while I think Miko is saying "With this, we will end the authority of the ruling class," I'm not sure what you're trying to convey with this. I also know "Noblesse Oblige" means "the obligation of the nobles (to help others)". At first I thought you were referring to my obligations as a self-proclaimed Hall of Famer, but seeing the change to your avatar makes me think you're referring to your obligations instead. Are you saying you're willing to help me? If so, I appreciate it.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #701 on: July 05, 2013, 05:31:37 AM »
If I'm seeing this right, there's only been one entry not including Sixten. Unless there's a huge submission wave tomorrow, I'm gonna put a big extension on this thing tomorrow.

« Reply #702 on: July 05, 2013, 06:18:43 AM »
Huh it started???

But you never made the official starting announcement...
Just a heads up that since Freeze-Ex has got a contest going on, there will be a brief pause between this GA round and the next.
also this

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #703 on: July 05, 2013, 10:08:31 AM »
I think this seems to be in line. (let's put this on the background too)

I blame the reference model I used for the genderswap, Forgot to draw the wings until everything else was almost done. :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #704 on: July 05, 2013, 10:16:26 AM »
If I'm seeing this right, there's only been one entry not including Sixten. Unless there's a huge submission wave tomorrow, I'm gonna put a big extension on this thing tomorrow.

Well I am out from this round because I am finishing my undergraduate course's final project that will be presented in day 8. After this date I think that I can join again.
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

KrackoCloud

« Reply #706 on: July 05, 2013, 05:19:11 PM »
Huh it started???

But you never made the official starting announcement...also this
fwoops
Welp, hooray for extensions! And long ones, too, to accommodate for Freeze's contest, since I won't pause in the middle of a GA round. I'm thinking 6-7 days.

KrackoCloud

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 9 EXTEND
« Reply #707 on: July 06, 2013, 05:54:49 AM »
Entry deadline extended: Sun, Jul 14

Extended for even longer because I'll be gone over the next weekend. Consider it accommodation for Freeze's contest.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
                                                                                   .

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

KrackoCloud

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 9 EXTEND
« Reply #710 on: July 15, 2013, 06:41:18 PM »
Unfortunately, it looks like yoloswag is so terrible that no one wants to draw it. <:U

I did barely manage to get my own entry in, but it's pretty messy!

Week 9 Entries
Vento
Sixten (no voting)
EP
KazeSenshi
KrackoCloud
Voting ends Wed, Jul 17.

Hey Sixten, if you're okay with it, I'm going to take you off future entry lists so there's less confusion and we don't have to keep mentioning "Don't vote for this guy!" Feel free to keep posting. Or you could post your entries in your art thread to keep them from mixing with the normal entries? It's up to you.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 03:11:46 AM by HawFlakes »

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 9 voting!
« Reply #711 on: July 15, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »
oh shit i forgot about my own contest topic rofl

+2 Kracko

pineyappled

« Reply #712 on: July 15, 2013, 07:15:44 PM »
?2 kracko

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #713 on: July 15, 2013, 07:42:54 PM »
+2 OG Kracko straight bustah
                                                                                   .

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #714 on: July 15, 2013, 11:13:31 PM »
+2 Kracko
The best Sananae! :V

...This voting started good, heheh.

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

KrackoCloud

« Reply #715 on: July 15, 2013, 11:22:43 PM »
Yikes! <:Y

+2 KazeSenshi
+1 Vento

Vento's is hilarious, but voting for the fuller picture. Kaze, you've got a good handle on the fashion sense, I'd say!

Also Reminder that late submissions are OK!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:14:25 AM by HawFlakes »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #716 on: July 16, 2013, 01:09:38 AM »
Hey, you forgot to include mine in the vote list! :o

+1 Kracko
I'm having a laugh figuring out what's actually going on. Seems rushed a bit but the job got done.

+1 KazeSenshi
So Murasa does drive-bys on boats? :V Aesthetics-wise, neck seems very wide compared to shoulders, and I think there's something wrong with the pockets.

Vento: Silly decor, but could certainly have done more! :P
Sixten: Everybody get up, it's time to slam now ~
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:13:59 AM by Aya SyaMEEMaru »
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

KrackoCloud

« Reply #717 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:37 AM »
Hey, you forgot to include mine in the vote list! :o
Whoops! Thanks for the heads up.

« Reply #718 on: July 16, 2013, 05:47:51 AM »
haven't vote for a very very long time
good thing i have no life and stalk MOTK every second

+2 Kracko
reminds me one of those crazy MAD in niconico
where the guy just keep doing funny moves in front person watch
and the person is like "WTF?" in the whole video

:V  :getdown:

+1 Vento

gold plate feet band of swag
screw mask of hope
y u not make mask of swag?  :getdown:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:51:03 AM by Freeze-Ex »

KrackoCloud

Re: The Guilty Alice Weekly Social! ~ Week 9 results!
« Reply #719 on: July 18, 2013, 09:00:59 PM »
Guilty Alice Week 9 Results!

The winner is...
K-KrackoCloud!
yeah...

Second place goes to KazeSenshi!

And so.
Guilty Alice will return Wed, July 24.

In the meantime, check out this great event!