Author Topic: Rumia Quest 7: Chasing Shadows  (Read 134036 times)

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
Re: Rumia Quest 7: Chasing Shadows
« Reply #540 on: May 03, 2013, 04:25:35 PM »
>No other way to communicate with her then?
>Oh well, off to wake up Reimu and save the world or something! Or at least wake people up. Wander off to Reimu's shrine and bring Nyang-Nyang along.
>Say, how come we aren't asleep?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #541 on: May 03, 2013, 05:44:48 PM »
>No other way to communicate with her then?
>Oh well, off to wake up Reimu and save the world or something! Or at least wake people up. Wander off to Reimu's shrine and bring Nyang-Nyang along.
>Say, how come we aren't asleep?

> Oh no, you speak fluent zombie. You two can communicate perfectly fine! It's like when you two used Chinese to communicate with no-one else understanding before. Except this time you're using Zombie!

> You and Seiga head towards the Hakurei Shrine. Surprisingly, the way is clear of plant-monsters and everything nasty, until you reach near the shrine itself. Then there's suddenly quite a lot.

> You're not asleep because you don't need to sleep! You're a Jiang-Shi, you're dead, you literally do not need the biological benefits of sleeping! The only sleep you'll get is if Seiga ever lets the spell go, or you go back to eternal rest!

> That and you kinda skipped the week all this chaos happened while in Makai. Makai's time is apparently different, and that sword maid lady messed it up more too. You don't quite understand.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #542 on: May 03, 2013, 06:00:46 PM »
More questions. I like questions.

>How did we end up as a Jiang-Shi anyway?
>Are the monsters in the way?
>We can't fly very well, can we?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #543 on: May 03, 2013, 07:27:05 PM »
More questions. I like questions.

>How did we end up as a Jiang-Shi anyway?
>Are the monsters in the way?
>We can't fly very well, can we?

> You... don't know. You were dead. You know Seiga did something with dark magic. You know you can temporarily make others Jiang Shi by biting them.

> Yes, they almost seem to be patrolling the area.

> You can, but not that high or fast. You can hardly fly above tree level.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #544 on: May 03, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
>Well, nothing for it then, they'll just have to shove off.
>Locate the one that's far away from the others, or just close to us. Then, apply knives. Make Nyang-Nyang apply more knives.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #545 on: May 03, 2013, 08:11:11 PM »
>Well, nothing for it then, they'll just have to shove off.
>Locate the one that's far away from the others, or just close to us. Then, apply knives. Make Nyang-Nyang apply more knives.

> Indeed.

> You wait for one to wander somewhat alone, and then unleash a storm of kunai danmaku from your claws, which move slowly, and then suddenly speed up. Seiga hurls large knives as well.

> The monster is cut badly, and loses some of it's appendages, but is still very much alive. It launches what seem to be large seeds from gaps between twists of plant material. The seeds then turn towards you and Seiga.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #546 on: May 03, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »
>Presumably we're not too good at dodging? And it is pretty hard to hit a seed in full flight...
>Eat Dodge the volley to the best of our ability, or if we're really bad at dodging, just try to shield Seiga.
>Once it has passed, approach the plant monster and claw at it, with Nyang-Nyang backing us up with those knives.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #547 on: May 03, 2013, 08:37:50 PM »
>Presumably we're not too good at dodging? And it is pretty hard to hit a seed in full flight...
>Eat Dodge the volley to the best of our ability, or if we're really bad at dodging, just try to shield Seiga.
>Once it has passed, approach the plant monster and claw at it, with Nyang-Nyang backing us up with those knives.

> The seeds are actually pretty large, as the plant monster is. It should be possible to shoot them down.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #548 on: May 03, 2013, 08:45:04 PM »
>Oh, sure then. Redirect our kunai hail to the seed volley. Keep Seiga focused on the monster.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2013, 11:42:16 PM »
>Oh, sure then. Redirect our kunai hail to the seed volley. Keep Seiga focused on the monster.

> You launch kunai at the seeds, while Seiga keeps hurling knives. The seeds are tough, but are broken before they make impact. Unfortunetly, it seems the golem is growing back faster than Seiga alone can cut it.

> The golem abandons it's seed attack, and instead lashes with with three whip-like vines.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #550 on: May 04, 2013, 04:05:49 AM »
Ah, regeneration.

>What attacks do we have access to that don't involve kunai or eating?
>Have Seiga shoot some of those weird dark glowy orbs, if possible. Otherwise resume double knife action!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #551 on: May 04, 2013, 04:34:39 AM »
Ah, regeneration.

>What attacks do we have access to that don't involve kunai or eating?
>Have Seiga shoot some of those weird dark glowy orbs, if possible. Otherwise resume double knife action!

[Yeah, it's a thing plant youkai can do. Because plants can re-grow from most damage. The Ayakashi could do it too, which is why everyone blew it to smithereens. Just accelerated. If there was a youkai based on a suitable animal, they'd have regeneration too.

Don't worry, Titania can't regenerate herself like a plant, at least, not without draining faith for her offense, or as quickly. That said, hurting her is another factor. Yuuka, on the other hand, is a plant youkai, so can regenerate like one.]

> Your attacks involve:

> Physical combat. Despite your lack of flexibility, you can swing your arms with incredible force. Your body is actually pretty tough as well, harder than the average body. Partly due to being dead, partly due to enhancements and charms Seiga has placed upon you. You have some martial art knowledge from the time when you were alive as well, but that's not much good when your joints are stiff as they are.

> Your nails are venomous. You're not sure why your nails secrete a venom, you guess it's a Jiang-Shi thing.

> You can be used as a channel for Seiga's Dark Energy, although you doubt she can use it in her state. You tell Seiga to do so, but she just groans a 'Uh?'

> Combined with your abilty to eat anything, your Jiang-Shi'ing bite, your own danmaku, and your abilty to heal by consuming certain things, like spirits, food, or something high in energy, you're actually considerably stronger than most give you credit for. You guess it's because people don't expect an underling to be that strong.

> You can Seiga go back to focusing your combined power om the golem, and it tips off the appendages lashed towards you, and starts dealing damage faster than it can recover. This time, it doesn't get a chance to switch tactics, and collapses. Judging by the fact it's not re-growing anymore, it's dead.

> Unfortunetly, while your brain may be half rotten, you're aware the sound of this combat is sure to draw the attention of the other golems in the area. That said, you may be able to use this to your advantage, it depends how smart they are, and how many heard.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:40:31 AM by Raikaria »

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #552 on: May 04, 2013, 05:03:07 AM »
Yes, hmm...

>Can we make Seiga fly alright?
>Is there any place we can conceal ourselves in or behind, such as non-hostile vegetation?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #553 on: May 04, 2013, 01:56:11 PM »
Yes, hmm...

>Can we make Seiga fly alright?
>Is there any place we can conceal ourselves in or behind, such as non-hostile vegetation?

> Yes, you just command her to fly.

> Most of the vegetation is not mobile golems. There is quite a lot of room to hide behind trees in front of the Hakurei Shrine's hill.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #554 on: May 04, 2013, 03:04:06 PM »
>Check the trees for any animate greenery. Once the coast is clear, hobble behind one.

...hang on.
>Seiga can pass through walls, right? Would she be able to pass through the ground?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #555 on: May 04, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »
>Check the trees for any animate greenery. Once the coast is clear, hobble behind one.

...hang on.
>Seiga can pass through walls, right? Would she be able to pass through the ground?

> None of it is animate.

> Seiga can indeed travel through the ground, although she must constantly remain moving, and do so swiftly, as the holes she opens very quickly collapse. If done improperly, she would be buired alive. You recall Seiga did it once to escape 'Something worse than a Shinigami' as she told you.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #556 on: May 04, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »
>Hmm, probably not something to entrust her with when she's zombiefied then...
>Make sure she's concealed behind the tree as well, then wait until we notice any sign of a plant monster approaching.
>Do kunai have to originate from ourselves? Can we spawn them somewhere else or do we need one of those familiar thingies?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #557 on: May 04, 2013, 11:27:15 PM »
>Hmm, probably not something to entrust her with when she's zombiefied then...
>Make sure she's concealed behind the tree as well, then wait until we notice any sign of a plant monster approaching.
>Do kunai have to originate from ourselves? Can we spawn them somewhere else or do we need one of those familiar thingies?

> You decide against having Seiga burrow.

> Seiga is concealed.

> No, but they do have to originate from very close to you.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #558 on: May 05, 2013, 06:26:20 AM »
Bums.

>Didn't we have some spellcards that summoned ghosts, or was that due to the spirits in the mausoleum?
>Regardless, spy on the area where we made noise until any hostiles approach.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #559 on: May 05, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »
Bums.

>Didn't we have some spellcards that summoned ghosts, or was that due to the spirits in the mausoleum?
>Regardless, spy on the area where we made noise until any hostiles approach.

> That was due to the great influx of spirits, the concentration was far greater than usual.

> You spy on the area, not that uch spying is needed with the size of the creatures. One is approaching from the eastern side, and another from the west. They are not very fast.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #560 on: May 05, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »
One from the left, one from the right. Yes...

>Wait until they're within 5-10 metres from each other.
>Then take flight and position ourselves above them.
>Have Nyang-Nyang shoot those rows of bean danmaku to trap them in two lanes, then call forth the nonspell that summons two split masses of kunai!

(Talking about Yoshika's second nonspell, on Hard or Lunatic)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #561 on: May 06, 2013, 12:24:47 AM »
One from the left, one from the right. Yes...

>Wait until they're within 5-10 metres from each other.
>Then take flight and position ourselves above them.
>Have Nyang-Nyang shoot those rows of bean danmaku to trap them in two lanes, then call forth the nonspell that summons two split masses of kunai!

(Talking about Yoshika's second nonspell, on Hard or Lunatic)

Just checking, you mean *Beam* danmaku, not bean, right?

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #562 on: May 06, 2013, 04:20:37 AM »
Just checking, you mean *Beam* danmaku, not bean, right?

Nope, they're bean danmaku. I think Seiga doesn't use beams in nonspells - although perhaps she can use those here?
Still, she has this five(?)-way shotgun of blue beans in the first and second nonspell - that's the one I'm talking about.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #563 on: May 06, 2013, 07:07:51 PM »
Nope, they're bean danmaku. I think Seiga doesn't use beams in nonspells - although perhaps she can use those here?
Still, she has this five(?)-way shotgun of blue beans in the first and second nonspell - that's the one I'm talking about.

[Ah, THOSE]

> You wait for the golems to approach, before you and Seiga unleash a barrage of danmaku, specifically danmaku patterns that are designed to hit multiple targets in the first place.

> One of the golems is knocked over by the force of the attack. Both have taken some damage. The standing one unleashes a pollen from it's head. You know it won't harm you, but it may be dangerous for Seiga.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #564 on: May 06, 2013, 07:15:20 PM »
>Order Seiga to get back behind that tree for shielding.
>As for us, we'll descend upon the fallen golem and claw it to shreds!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #565 on: May 06, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »
>Order Seiga to get back behind that tree for shielding.
>As for us, we'll descend upon the fallen golem and claw it to shreds!

> Seiga flies back being the trees.

> You can't claw something multiple times larger than you to shreds, but you claw it regardless to infect it with the toxins in your nails. The area slashed looks a little withered, and is proceeding slowly.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #566 on: May 07, 2013, 02:32:45 PM »
>Float around it for a couple of seconds and stab it repeatedly in other areas, then get back to our previous flight level and recommence kunai assault on the other golem!
>As for Nyang-Nyang, have her fire a few of those beams that dissipate into danmaku shards between the golems.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #567 on: May 07, 2013, 09:44:34 PM »
>Float around it for a couple of seconds and stab it repeatedly in other areas, then get back to our previous flight level and recommence kunai assault on the other golem!
>As for Nyang-Nyang, have her fire a few of those beams that dissipate into danmaku shards between the golems.

> You keep hitting the grounded golem in a few other areas, and it seems it's struggling is ceasing.

> The other golem sends multiple vines to constrict you before you can attack, but Seiga slams a white and blue curved laser into it, which explode into danmaku shards, making it fall over, with you still in it's grasp.

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #568 on: May 08, 2013, 05:25:10 AM »
>Give it a stab for good measure, then eat your way through the vines.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #569 on: May 08, 2013, 03:28:40 PM »
>Give it a stab for good measure, then eat your way through the vines.

> You'd stab it as you fall, but the vines are stopping you. So you just eat the vines and THEN stab it instead.

> The golem stops moving.

> It appears that there are no more in the nearby area.

> Seiga groans and grunts several times. It seems she thinks it is a good idea to move on before any which heard the combat arrive.