Author Topic: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 12)  (Read 45119 times)

Re: (Skyseas of Gensokyo) Nazrin Quest (Part 12)
« Reply #390 on: March 24, 2013, 07:45:51 AM »
>"I get the feeling you two play often?"

« Reply #391 on: March 24, 2013, 07:57:17 AM »
>"I get the feeling you two play often?"

>"She's taken it upon herself to beat me." Sachi throws another quick glance back in that direction. "Maybe some year."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #392 on: March 24, 2013, 02:32:24 PM »
>Raise an amused eyebrow. "How long's this been going now?"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #393 on: March 25, 2013, 12:30:52 AM »
>Raise an amused eyebrow. "How long's this been going now?"

>"Oh, better part of a month now," she says. "She's pretty determined when she puts her mind to something."

« Reply #394 on: March 25, 2013, 03:37:15 AM »
>Nod approvingly. "Hard to be a Seeker without a decent dose of stick-to-it-iveness."
>"One last thing, though, if I may. You ever work any jobs out at Isir's Cross?"

« Reply #395 on: March 25, 2013, 04:20:45 AM »
>Nod approvingly. "Hard to be a Seeker without a decent dose of stick-to-it-iveness."
>"One last thing, though, if I may. You ever work any jobs out at Isir's Cross?"

>"Suppose you got a point, there."
>Sachi fixes you with a chiding expression. ", Hey, you already asked that. Or close enough to it, anyway." She shakes her head. "Sorry. I mostly stick to the city these days."

« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2013, 04:32:21 AM »
>We did?

« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2013, 04:41:46 AM »
>We did?

>When you inquired about the gardener near Isir's Cross, Sachi shrugged, suggested she had spent little time out that way, and then directed you toward Riza as someone who had. She might not have specifically denied ever taking a job out there, but she certainly implied a lack of relevant experience.

« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2013, 05:01:16 AM »
>Ah.
>"Right. Sorry."
>Glance around for Kyouko-chan.

« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:59 AM »
>Ah.
>"Right. Sorry."
>Glance around for Kyouko-chan.

>"I'd give you a hand with your gardener problem if I had one to give," she says.
>You glance around for Kyouko, but there is no evidence of her. Possibly she is still in one of the adjoining rooms.

« Reply #400 on: March 25, 2013, 06:15:50 AM »
>Keep our ear open. Won't be hard to find her that way, certainly.
>"I'm still sort of hoping it's a trip I won't have to make. If I do, well... Finding things is what we do, after all. Still, I appreciate the sentiment."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #401 on: March 25, 2013, 07:43:11 AM »
>"Hey, have you ever been to that little <curio?> shop that's near the <restaurant> we checked out yesterday? The one that was closed during prime business hours?"

« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2013, 05:04:22 AM »
>Keep our ear open. Won't be hard to find her that way, certainly.
>"I'm still sort of hoping it's a trip I won't have to make. If I do, well... Finding things is what we do, after all. Still, I appreciate the sentiment."

>While Kyouko seems quite, you do hear movement from beyond one of the doors; possibly it is her.
>"Yeah, I think Riza's the only here who's done much work out that way," Sachi says. "'least that I know of."

>"Hey, have you ever been to that little <curio?> shop that's near the <restaurant> we checked out yesterday? The one that was closed during prime business hours?"

>You inquire about the Rabbit's Attic, the curious pawn shop that you attempted to visit yesterday but found closed.
>Sachi nods. "Sure I have. The owner's a bit of a kook." She twirls a finger around her head for emphasis. "And most of the stuff is junk, but every now and again there's something neat tucked away in there."

« Reply #403 on: March 27, 2013, 05:37:07 AM »
>There was a sign on the door that said the owner was away traveling or adventuring or something, right?
>If so, "Finding something in a pile of junk sounds kind of up my alley. But there was a sign that said she was closed, gone on an treasure hunt, I think."

« Reply #404 on: March 27, 2013, 05:45:26 AM »
>There was a sign on the door that said the owner was away traveling or adventuring or something, right?
>If so, "Finding something in a pile of junk sounds kind of up my alley. But there was a sign that said she was closed, gone on an treasure hunt, I think."

>The sign read "On investigations. Will return. -K" ...whatever that means.
>Sachi laughs. "A treasure hunt? Woman's got a funny definition of treasure, let me tell ya. But sure, I'd say it's worth your time, if you're curious - at least once."

« Reply #405 on: March 27, 2013, 05:55:29 AM »
>About how far was it between here and there?
>Was it on the path back to the university?

« Reply #406 on: March 27, 2013, 05:57:01 AM »
>About how far was it between here and there?
>Was it on the path back to the university?

>It is only about 10 minutes away from here, you think.
>Not directly, though the detour is not large.

« Reply #407 on: March 27, 2013, 06:04:02 AM »
>Nod. "Think I might swing by there, see if she's back, before I hit up the Academy library. Once my friend finds her way back out here, that is."

« Reply #408 on: April 03, 2013, 10:10:43 AM »
>Nod. "Think I might swing by there, see if she's back, before I hit up the Academy library. Once my friend finds her way back out here, that is."

>"Be a job to get lost in here," Sachi says, then throws you a sly look. "And I'm sure you could manage to find her again, anyway."

« Reply #409 on: April 04, 2013, 07:19:59 AM »
>Do we have any idea who the guild-approved vendors would be in this city?

« Reply #410 on: April 04, 2013, 07:44:56 AM »
>Do we have any idea who the guild-approved vendors would be in this city?

>Not off-hand, but you imagine it may be a similar arrangement to what the Guild had back in Braston: certain merchants provided standing discounts to Seekers in exchange for perks, like supply contracts with the Guild itself, or preferential handling of petitions.

« Reply #411 on: April 04, 2013, 07:45:58 AM »
>Do said peddlers have identifying markers posted outside their places of business, or are Seekers on their own to learn who they are?

« Reply #412 on: April 04, 2013, 08:21:49 AM »
>Do said peddlers have identifying markers posted outside their places of business, or are Seekers on their own to learn who they are?

>Not generally, though you know one in Braston that put up a small sign in the window advertising this; it would be easy enough to get a listing from Guild records, however.

« Reply #413 on: April 05, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
>Chuckle, then muse. "Yeah, follow the shouting."
>"Well, thanks."
>Assuming she doesn't stop us, go find our decibally-endowed friend.

« Reply #414 on: April 05, 2013, 06:29:33 AM »
>Chuckle, then muse. "Yeah, follow the shouting."
>"Well, thanks."
>Assuming she doesn't stop us, go find our decibally-endowed friend.

>"Eh, she seems polite," Sachi says, throwing a wry glance around the room. "Which is more than I can say for some people around here."
>You thank Sachi; the rabbit nods. "No problem."
>"Oh, a little word of advice if you're planning to set up shop here," she says as you stand to leave.

« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2013, 06:55:40 AM »
>Pause.
>"Shoot."

« Reply #416 on: April 06, 2013, 01:59:52 AM »
>Pause.
>"Shoot."

>"Well, if you're new to the place, you probably figure the real money is with the bigshots. And, well... that ain't exactly wrong, but it ain't exactly right, either. You see, a lot of Houses prefer to contract Seekers long-term - they've got the money, and it's easier for 'em to keep the same people on tap than have to deal with new ones all the time. Heck, there's a listing downstairs right now from House Aster and I'd bet money this is what it boils down to."
>She gives you a shrewed look. "Now, I probably don't need to tell you this, but just a friendly reminder: read the fine print. It'll probably sound good, but a bunch of 'em won't use you as often as you'd like, and if you sign exclusivity then you better keep it. The last thing a newbie needs is a House who wants to make your life a pain. Because they can, believe me." The rabbit's face is quite expressive on this point.
>"Now, some people can make pretty good for themselves this way; take Riza, over here." She jerks a thumb in the stoic woman's direction. Riza takes no apparent notice. "But me? I'm my own agent, and I plan to keep it that way; more freedom, better pay half the time, and I can keep my neck as far away from politics as you ever get in this city." She shrugs dismissively. "Don't know what your game is, but I thought I'd give you fair warning."

« Reply #417 on: April 06, 2013, 03:51:21 AM »
>Have we run across the name of Aster House before?

« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2013, 04:14:11 AM »
>Have we run across the name of Aster House before?

>You think it rings a faint bell, though not enough to recall any details. The address on Chitsuki's business card indicated an Aster Row, however; perhaps they are associated or perhaps not.

« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2013, 04:34:03 AM »
>Hmm. Perhaps this one isn't as... completely casual as she appears.
>Nod solemnly. "Duly warned."
>Lean in just a little. "What about House Scarlet? Where do you think they stand on us and our services?"