Author Topic: Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl  (Read 37500 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 03:00:49 AM »
Ooh, exciting! Good luck finding one. Also Qaz, you seem so much more cheery and patient on motk since ive been more active again than back during touhou pocket wars =p. no offense, its good! I always appreciated all the hard work you and deranged put into numerous patches, but you were kinda scary =p.

« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 03:01:29 PM »
Pack up everything I need to edit the images, I assume there are notes for where everything needs to go? I haven't touched the game since this thread was made, but I've improved my ability to handle image editing stuff. I'll have it done in a few days.

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 03:27:35 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2ywph3o747xq9c3

Pretty sure this is the latest. Yes, it explains where everything needs to go and includes the original Japanese text to make it easier.

But yeah, some of these images are pretty nasty.

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »
So the ones that still need to be done are UIANIM0, UIANIM1, UIANIM2, UIANIM3, CONSOLE0, CONSOLE1, and CONSOLE2?

Also, what font is this?

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 04:07:53 PM »
So the ones that still need to be done are UIANIM0, UIANIM1, UIANIM2, UIANIM3, CONSOLE0, CONSOLE1, and CONSOLE2?

Also, what font is this?

Don't even bother with UIANM. The stuff is displayed character-by-character, so there's no practical way to make it work in English. It might be doable... but I really don't think it'd be worth the gigantic pain in the ass it would likely be.

Font I used is "Exo Bold". It was a free download off some site. Quick google brings up http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/exo which is probably where I got it from. However, I have no aesthetic sense, so feel free to look for different fonts if you think they work better.

I had written up a huge block of text when I sent this off to an image editor I had just worked with (and never got a response), so I'll just repost that. It details pretty much everything that needs to be done.

Here's a list of all the image groups and what needs to be done:

Item: Everything is typeset properly. I have no experience choosing fonts, but otherwise it should be fine
Unit: Same as item.
Title: Same.
Music: The translations are in place, but several of them could not fit in the available space. I have no idea how to fix that without making the text unreadable or unnecessarily small. All of the issues are in MUSIC0, The ones that don't fit are (bolded is where it cuts off):
Stickyle in the middle of a Short Night
Spring Festival on the Lungwa Temple Path
Singing Ubayuri ~ XXX Talking (Ver.Re-Rec)
Warped Lullaby ~ Graussam Unbewusstsein
Dark Suspicion-Gathering Oni's Travelling Song
Evening Ride in the Bamboo Thicket
Console: CONSOLE3 is the only one I typeset. I think I did a fair job on the outlined text. The big problem is the white text on the transparent background (with a hidden black background to make it somewhat easier to read while editing). This text is overlayed on top of the floral background below it. The problem is that the translation is too long and doesn't fit on 4 lines. It's possible to add additional lines by redrawing them on the floral background, but that image is too difficult for me to clean.
All of the other console images are untouched. I tried cleaning CONSOLE2 but quickly realized it was beyond me, and did a quick job on CONSOLE.
UIANM: It's in the archive, but don't bother touching the first ones. Only UIANM3 has text that can actually be replaced.
NowLoading: Another simple image that I did on my own. It uses the same highlighting as CONSOLE3, but I think I did a fine job.

Good luck.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 04:58:17 PM »
Don't suppose theres any way to preview how the edit would look? Like, sticking the file into the program folder and it would automatically read it? (but probably not)

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 05:01:06 PM »
Nope, you need to use the tools to re-insert it into the game. The image files are a bit more annoying to deal with. If you need to, you could hop on IRC or something (qazmlpok on Rizon)  and I can send them to you and try to explain how they work. You'd need Python and Imagemagick for them, at the least.

Actually, wait on this. The guy I sent the email to just got in contact with me. He's pretty good at this stuff, so he should be able to handle everything with no problem.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:03:11 PM by qazmlpok »

TwilightsCall

• 名探偵ヱリカ参上!
  • あなたの応手を拝見しましょう
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 06:12:14 AM »
After way too much not doing work, here it is:  ADV.txt fully translated.

I apologize for taking so horrendously long to get this done.  Having to count characters and insert line breaks by hand made it really demotivating work, so as you could probably tell, I put it off for a while.

I don't know how many lines of text show up well, or how many the game can handle.  I'm pretty sure there aren't any strings that go over three lines (two line breaks), so hopefully that'll fit okay.  If not...well, I guess we'll have to see what happens when that happens lol.

If you have any questions, or if there is a monster out there brave enough to check for mistakes, feel free to give me a shout.

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
After way too much not doing work, here it is:  ADV.txt fully translated.

I apologize for taking so horrendously long to get this done.  Having to count characters and insert line breaks by hand made it really demotivating work, so as you could probably tell, I put it off for a while.

I don't know how many lines of text show up well, or how many the game can handle.  I'm pretty sure there aren't any strings that go over three lines (two line breaks), so hopefully that'll fit okay.  If not...well, I guess we'll have to see what happens when that happens lol.

If you have any questions, or if there is a monster out there brave enough to check for mistakes, feel free to give me a shout.

Awesome, thank you!

I did go through both files and made a handful of changes. The images aren't done yet, and I have no idea when they will be ready. Sadly, the guy who agreed to do it isn't the best communicator.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/Touhou_Fugyouseki_Partial_Patch.rar

So for now, here's the partial patch. This has all of the translated text and my partial image edits. The updated text files are also in here. The buttons and stuff aren't in English, but at least now you can get the name of that mysterious red and white girl you start with.

All of the story text is also translated, but hasn't been fully proofread since it'd require going through every single dream. I did go through the opening scenes with Yukari and Rumia's dream, at least. From my quick examination of the script, I don't expect there to be any dialogue issues though, although the three dialogue statements that use the 4th line needed to be indented a little, which looks kinda awkward.

Lemme know if you find any text display issues (outside of the gap selection stage, because that's an outright nightmare) and I can fix them for when I finally get the images finished. Or, of course, just feel free to play with this patch because it's perfectly playable.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 04:49:01 PM »
STATIONED 2348 : Starting unit is actually a single person here.
STATIONED 2659 : To match with other translations, it should be Rinka.
STATIONED 20013 : Should be something like "What comes out is a matter of luck".
STATIONED 20023 : Should be something like "If equip this, 'll be happy". (Null-subject)
STATIONED 30011 : Slight typo at the end of the sentence.
STATIONED 50011 : Dunno, Ran-sama or Lady Ran? Chen says Ran-sama in 90011, but Sanae says Lady Kanako and Lady Suwako.
STATIONED 80010 : Should be something like "I see... it seems to have become warmer". I'm not sure about the English grammar, though.
STATIONED 160003 : It might just be nitpicking, but the original Japanese says "red-white"

ADV 13 : Doesn't really matter, but Yukari 's exact wording is something like "A youkai of my level aside, ..."
ADV 3102 : Doesn't really matter, but Rumia's exact wording is "Red-White Shrine Maiden and friends"
ADV 6302 : I'm not sure about this one, but something seems wrong. Maybe changing if' to 'whenever' might work? Not sure what Patchouli is trying to say.
ADV 10300 : Something seems a bit off, but I can't find what the problem is yet.
ADV 15100 : Doesn't really matter, but Lyrica's original dialog mentions her sisters.
ADV 30110 : I think it should be "The black and white one", because it seems to also refer the tapirs.
ADV 30301 : I'm not sure about this one, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

Thank you for the translations, TwilightsCall!
I also thank qazmlpok for starting up this translation project.
Signature

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »
Would someone use the patch on the proper version of the game and upload it somewhere? would be great, and id love to test it, reminds me of widenyo, except hopefully more ...content xD
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

achicken

• A Random Chicken Passing By
  • Das Nunstuck Git Und Slotermeyer
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 01:23:39 AM »
It's not that hard to patch honestly.... only one file is replaced. <_<'

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »
Would someone use the patch on the proper version of the game and upload it somewhere? would be great, and id love to test it, reminds me of widenyo, except hopefully more ...content xD

Your basically asking for a full game upload at this point...

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 09:44:32 PM »

Pretty sure there have been no official patches or anything to the game.

Your basically asking for a full game upload at this point...

Not too familiar with this community, but I'm pretty sure they have an anti-piracy policy, so yeah, you probably won't find any sort of game download, dawnbomb.

dawnbomb

• Adventurer
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2013, 03:54:37 AM »
ahh, i was under the notion it was freeware, my bad
There's no way I could love anyone
but i wish to be loved by someone in return

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »
Bump for images.

The two skilled editors I asked don't have time to work on these images, so once again I'm looking for people that can handle the nastier images in this set.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
Just got this recently and if I can offer any assistance to make a english patch would be amazing. I am not a translator but I do have Image editing skills, but not sure if it's the kind you need. Could you give me the details on what you need and I'll see what I can do on my end.
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2013, 03:47:05 AM »
Just got this recently and if I can offer any assistance to make a english patch would be amazing. I am not a translator but I do have Image editing skills, but not sure if it's the kind you need. Could you give me the details on what you need and I'll see what I can do on my end.

The files and their translations can be found in this archive: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ywph3o747xq9c3/

below is a summary of what needs to be done. I did some work on this, but my skills are very lacking. I did a decent job on the character and items descriptions, but everything else needs more work. The CONSOLEx series of images are the most difficult, as I recall, especially the stats screen. If you think you can do a good job of cleaning that, then you're probably fine.

Here's a list of all the image groups and what needs to be done:

Item: Everything is typeset properly. I have no experience choosing fonts, but otherwise it should be fine
Unit: Same as item.
Title: Same.
Music: The translations are in place, but several of them could not fit in the available space. I have no idea how to fix that without making the text unreadable or unnecessarily small. All of the issues are in MUSIC0, The ones that don't fit are (bolded is where it cuts off):
Stickyle in the middle of a Short Night
Spring Festival on the Lungwa Temple Path
Singing Ubayuri ~ XXX Talking (Ver.Re-Rec)
Warped Lullaby ~ Graussam Unbewusstsein
Dark Suspicion-Gathering Oni's Travelling Song
Evening Ride in the Bamboo Thicket
Console: CONSOLE3 is the only one I typeset. I think I did a fair job on the outlined text. The big problem is the white text on the transparent background (with a hidden black background to make it somewhat easier to read while editing). This text is overlayed on top of the floral background below it. The problem is that the translation is too long and doesn't fit on 4 lines. It's possible to add additional lines by redrawing them on the floral background, but that image is too difficult for me to clean.
All of the other console images are untouched. I tried cleaning CONSOLE2 but quickly realized it was beyond me, and did a quick job on CONSOLE.
UIANM: It's in the archive, but don't bother touching the first ones. Only UIANM3 has text that can actually be replaced.
NowLoading: Another simple image that I did on my own. It uses the same highlighting as CONSOLE3, but I think I did a fine job.

Thanks.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2013, 02:51:07 AM »

OK just wanted to check with you real quick on the UI, am I doing this right? Changing the Kanji to english right? I won't be able to work on this anymore tonight but tomorrow I'll have more time. For the text I am using Arial, is there a prefered font you would want? I might play around with Arial bold to see if it shows up better but from a distance it's still legible. 

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2013, 12:39:23 PM »
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4842/touhoufugyousekiui1.png

OK just wanted to check with you real quick on the UI, am I doing this right? Changing the Kanji to english right? I won't be able to work on this anymore tonight but tomorrow I'll have more time. For the text I am using Arial, is there a prefered font you would want? I might play around with Arial bold to see if it shows up better but from a distance it's still legible.

Yes, that's correct. Remove the Kanji, replace with the English translation.

I don't have a specific preferred font, since I  honestly just don't have an eye for such things. For the few images I did myself, I used Exo Bold, and I thought that worked pretty well. It's a free font I found on the net. Mirror here, if you want to try it out:  http://www.mediafire.com/?t7zf5xhi47pymf7

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 02:45:37 PM »
Figured I'd post what I have done so far and hope others can help me out if they can. I've ran into some snags while editing the UI and am now at a loss on how to fix it.

This is the one I'm stuck on, the background combined with the leaf patterns is making it difficult compared to the ones below. The gradient on those run up to down where as the gradient on this one runs from different angles so trying to recreate it is a problem, I have made my own which is as close as I can get it but we run into the other problem. The leaf patterns, their color slightly changes depending on where its at and the leaf itself is pretty jagged so when I use my custom background it stands out badly. (could just be that I am seeing it up close then what it actually is but it'll bother me when I play it. I've thought about keeping it the way it is and paste something over the Kanji and edit that way but it looks terrible from what I tried, an example of what I tried is similar to what I did below.

This is for the Shikigami window, as you can see the bottom has that black portion with the description is what I wanted to try with the one above. But this one was also the same issue, the bottom portion has so much detail and changes that copy and pasting over the kanji made it impossible for me to edit and I chose the easy way and covered it up. So if anyone has any idea what I can do to make this easier and keep that authentic look, then by all means tell me, I'd like to be able to finish this soon before work gets too busy.

Also for those who are reading this which one do you like better? The think outline or the thick outline? Again I'm trying to keep it authentic.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »
Oh hey, this is still being worked on? Holy crap.
Uhh... for the shikigami window it honestly looks fine to me, personally. As for the outline for the text, uh... while the thick outline is authentic, there is something... off about it in regards to English text. The thin outline looks just sliiiightly better. Just slightly.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 04:18:35 PM »
Yeah sadly it's been a combination of procrastination, work, and actually having to get the game is why it took so long, but I'm close, I just don't know what to do for the first one...

2 for 2 on thin outline.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2014, 05:30:11 AM »
Just to update for people but the UI is done for as much as I possibly can. Some kanji is either much smaller then then the English words or a few others but the menus are navigable. I feel bad for even bring this up considering I did take a long stupid year to finish it but just wanted to let people know.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2014, 01:18:52 AM »
I know how you feel, hopefully it'll get put to use eventually. But I imagine other people capable of working on translation patches are just too busy with touhou laby 2 or something atm.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2014, 01:38:29 AM »
That's fine, just uh... where is it? 0.0;

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2014, 01:51:18 AM »
Qazmlpok has it, and I know that they are also working on labyrinths translation.

Here's a link to a few images of it used. http://m.imgur.com/bxwnoqp,7uVboS6,AqmPJD2,9qv2IpX,RPnFAr7,IioQoaL

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2014, 08:43:34 AM »
But wait, if you've been able to get it inserted, isn't it possible just to release the edited DATA00 file, or is there something else to it that needs to wait before it can be released? I'm sorry for the questions, I'm just confused about there being, at least what I can see in those screenshots, a finished patch ready to go just not linked to or something.

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2014, 03:36:36 PM »
ok, here's the patch.

https://www.mediafire.com/?wy2j0nbjn02o9mj

I'm going to be honest. I haven't tested this. I don't know anyone with a fresh copy of the game, and don't want to try to find my original copy. You do need the original data archive for this; I posted an early version of DATA00.PAC, so make sure you delete that and revert if any of the game is already in English. Pretty sure I never changed the executable, so the patch is just for that one file.

It probably works, but if it doesn't, complain at me and I'll fix it.

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2014, 07:20:15 PM »
I got a infinite black screen ( ver 1.0 ) . The program is still running and I don't have craches.