Author Topic: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Magical Mahjong Mafia)  (Read 189021 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: FTL Mafia)
« Reply #660 on: May 22, 2015, 01:38:25 PM »
I think it just showed that you're a scrub.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #661 on: May 22, 2015, 01:51:58 PM »
This does have some drawbacks (we often have one or two players who completely afk out) but since we have players in this forum who completely afk out anyway perhaps it would work.
If we tried that here (which would be pretty bad since it isn't an already established thing; I mean if it's a known rule there then sure full speed ahead, but that's different) then we'd probably lose a third of the 'players' in a game. "Since we have people who already AFK out anyway" means the issue would be several times worse if anything even before accounting for the rule dissonance, and it'd pretty much collapse a game to have a third of the players... not actually playing, unless perhaps it miraculously kept the town/scum balance intact and they were all modkilled n1 or early d2.

Likewise, with the current mafia lull, "we'll start the game in x days" we could seriously end up with only 7 players :V That's where you have day 2 lylo, and outside of IRC mafia that's just not enough game to even be worth trying to play. It is interesting to hear about how they handle their signups there, but the bottom line is we're in a player drought at the moment so the situation has to be handled carefully in order for mafia to move on in an orderly and worthwhile manner. 9p setups for awhile is most likely the way to go as it's the minimum requirement for a good game (imo) and also the max number of players that can be expected in a small time frame, unless there's a surge in interest during the summer.

anyway that puts signups at L-2, which is somewhat more hopeful than -3! :3 (I'm not saying we should give up on this game getting to it's required player number so long as the signups don't stall for weeks again)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #662 on: May 25, 2015, 11:01:59 PM »
IN THE OFF-CHANCE THIS STARTS WITHIN TWO WEEKS, I've got to /out. I'll go back /in after two weeks. thx bby

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #663 on: May 26, 2015, 05:43:54 AM »
well that'll put me back at L-3 since Refa will /out in 2 weeks anyway...

I think I'm ready to give up orz
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
« Reply #664 on: May 26, 2015, 07:39:19 AM »
Like, just downsize the setup to more realistic expectations?
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

« Reply #665 on: May 26, 2015, 08:34:49 AM »
If NNR confirms he doesn't want to resize his setup, someone with a smaller setup (~9p?) in the queue should step up and host.

If nobody has their setup ready, Vhaltz and I have a 7p setup ready and I have a 10p setup with PMs written and everything. I can't host because I'm really busy but I think Vhaltz would be cool with it.
I prefer if someone in the queue hosts, though.
Edit: Vhaltz has a completed setup in the queue and I think it was ~9p so nevermind.

Edit2: Put me in the queue since I have a couple of finished setups.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:39:41 AM by Mitsuki »

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #666 on: May 26, 2015, 09:05:07 AM »
My setup is a 9p trainwreck so if people really want me to host I can do that?

« Reply #667 on: May 27, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »
Sure, go ahead!
I don't think anyone has any objections.

« Reply #668 on: May 27, 2015, 11:13:53 PM »
I'd probably add number of players to the setups in the OP, after the name and who hosts them and stuff.

That way it'd be clear which setups are ready to host and how many players they need so that there doesn't need to be a back and forth of "well I could host I guess", and the next one in queue with an adequate size can get going.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #669 on: May 27, 2015, 11:20:02 PM »
The problem with that is that a bunch of people are undecided on the number of players that their game is going to have as well as people being prone to changing their setup over time.

I mean sure I can add that information but the hosts need to provide it first.

« Reply #670 on: May 27, 2015, 11:28:02 PM »
Yeah I mean, people can just leave it blank if you still haven't finished the setup.

That way you'd also know which setups are unfinished and can be skipped in queue if need be without having to ask half a dozen of different people that might not even check in for a couple of days.

Mine is 10p

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #671 on: May 28, 2015, 12:56:34 AM »
Mine is 'x'.  I ordinarily run 9-12 players on Megatokyo, so I'm experienced at small setups. 

I also ran a 44 player role madness setup once so I learned never to do that again. 
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #672 on: May 28, 2015, 02:50:42 AM »
Luke wishes to convey that he remembers both vhaltz and mitsuki and says hi!

Don't lynch me.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #673 on: May 28, 2015, 09:35:49 AM »
Well, since we are on the topic of setups, mine is 12p originally. Can change it to 9p quite easily, but probably will have to rebalance (read make it more borked XD) it a bit. But it's still quite a ways off, anyway.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

« Reply #674 on: May 28, 2015, 01:32:17 PM »
Luke wishes to convey that he remembers both vhaltz and mitsuki and says hi!

Say hi to Luke for us!~ It feels like it was forever ago, but meeting you guys was super cool <3

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #675 on: May 29, 2015, 09:52:58 PM »
I meant to post this yesterday, but distractions are op or something?

RULES:
0. As the host, I have the right to edit these rules at any time. If this happens, you will be informed.
1. The game is NOC, meaning you don't talk about the game outside of this game thread while it is ongoing.
2. If you're dead, don't talk to anyone who doesn't have access to the graveyard quicktopic. You can ask to be informed, but please don't spoil the rest of the graveyard.
3. Screenshotting and quoting any information given by the host outside of the thread well result in a modkill.
4. Editing posts is banned, although depending on the severity of the edit punishment may be more lax.
5. Should you be modkilled through any fault of your own, you automatically lose. Tactical modkills are even lamer and will be dealt with accordingly.
6. The game starts on Day 1.
7. Nights last for 24 hours, days last for 72 hours. You may not talk during the night phase.
8. If your action fails or is redirected, you will be informed as such.
9. A hammer is required to lynch. It takes over 50% of the total votes in order to hammer. Failure to achieve a lynch twice will result in universal loss.
10. *YLO will be announced. Whether or not it is potential or not will not be announced.
11. When players die, their role name and alignment will be flipped, but their full role pm will not be.
12. Play to win, but don't spoil the enjoyment of others.

GAME SPECIFIC (READ THIS):

When you sign up in the game thread, send me a role pm with your choice of Investigative, Protective, Controlling or Miscellaneous. This will determine what kind of role you get during the game. Alignments are RNGed without choices taken into account first, so it is possible to end up with a town made up of five protectors or something like that, but generally more of the same choices being made will result in weaker roles overall, instead of town just being handed five doctors.

SIGNUPS:
1. Dormio
2. DNA
3. Serela
4. Murrin
5. CF7
6. Sky Paladin
7. Zakeri
8. Shadoweh

If people are /really interested/ obviously I can up the playercount due to the nature of the game but I'd like to go for 9p minimum obviously.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 12:46:35 PM by SB »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
Re: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Filler)
« Reply #676 on: May 29, 2015, 10:02:08 PM »
/in

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #677 on: May 29, 2015, 11:41:30 PM »
/in

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2015, 12:18:18 AM »
/in
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #679 on: May 30, 2015, 03:40:15 AM »
/in

Ummm, also, I'm not allowed to send PMs yet because I only have one post I guess (two including this one). 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:51:10 AM by Murrin »

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #680 on: May 30, 2015, 07:24:01 AM »
Need a pm from DNA (and Murrin when he's able to send one).

Murrin

• cat
« Reply #681 on: May 30, 2015, 07:46:06 AM »
Is there a minimum number of posts you are required to post before you can send a PM?  Is there any way to get admin permission to send PMs before reaching this number?

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #682 on: May 30, 2015, 08:24:44 AM »
The doctor is /in.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #683 on: May 30, 2015, 09:23:42 AM »
Done and dusted! Thanks again for the heads up SB

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #684 on: May 30, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »
Is there a minimum number of posts you are required to post before you can send a PM?  Is there any way to get admin permission to send PMs before reaching this number?

You need at least 10 posts before you can send PMs. (You can receive them and respond to received PMs before that, though.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #685 on: May 30, 2015, 04:39:16 PM »
Hooray for cheating the system?

« Reply #686 on: May 30, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »
Remember to add me to the queue!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #687 on: June 05, 2015, 02:30:23 AM »
RIP?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #688 on: June 05, 2015, 02:42:38 AM »
If we downgrade any farther we'll hit irc mafia tier :V

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
« Reply #689 on: June 05, 2015, 03:29:57 AM »
Its on, seven player maf new meta.