Author Topic: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Magical Mahjong Mafia)  (Read 189055 times)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
Re: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Volcanic Mafia)
« Reply #570 on: April 26, 2015, 04:58:30 AM »
Still wondering if I should post my game. I know for a fact PX hadn't started on his setup until the start of LYLO of Volcanic, so I doubt his game is even ready?

I'll wait a couple days and do it if nobody objects I guess.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:01:26 AM by NekoNekoRex »
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #571 on: April 26, 2015, 02:11:48 PM »
Obviously, those who don't play Mafia shouldn't be hosting.

« Reply #572 on: April 26, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »
Isn't NNR's game behind like a billion other games?

Which reminds me I should probably think of some small setup to host here again.

« Reply #573 on: April 26, 2015, 03:29:15 PM »
Ok sign me up to host Mafia Sucks Mafia (10p)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:35:03 PM by Vhaltz »

« Reply #574 on: April 26, 2015, 06:19:31 PM »
yeah props to elie and sky paladin. ATE always makes me think someone is town >_>
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Elieson

• i herd mafia sucks
« Reply #575 on: April 26, 2015, 06:22:22 PM »
Thx m8

I guess I'll join the next game?
No sigs for you

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #576 on: April 26, 2015, 08:25:32 PM »
Well if it's mine, then you can't, because you know the setup ^^;;

I could use a comod tho
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Elieson

• i herd mafia sucks
« Reply #577 on: April 27, 2015, 02:24:47 AM »
Oh neko, you know how much i do enjoy modding
No sigs for you

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
  • This is what I can do, from me to you.
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #578 on: April 27, 2015, 03:02:26 AM »
yeah props to elie and sky paladin. ATE always makes me think someone is town >_>

it's ok, my scumtell is me not getting scumread anyways (everytime i reread a town any game of mine i'm like WHY IS EVERYONE SO WRONG ABOUT ME ;_;)

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #579 on: April 27, 2015, 05:09:06 AM »
Oh neko, you know how much i do enjoy modding
Ha ha, do remind me exactly how much that is? I can't tell if that's sarcasm.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
  • but I don't exactly hate that
Eh i will just post my setup, gonna do a bit of formatting though, will be up soon
>Link to my Steam Account: Add me! http://steamcommunity.com/id/9898981-02
--------------------------------------

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
but

you aren't even next

that's PX and/or BBM ;_;

Did NNR/anyone else PM them to get their attention?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

SNOOZE YOU LOSE.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Oh damn, thanks Serela, I was a complete derp and never checked the frontpage. I just saw my name being mentioned and was like, 'oh okay so now its my turn' and then now that i actually get some time and motivation to finish formatting i again got immaturely excited, sorry for the fuss everyone and thanks for reminding me before things get even messier.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I pm'd PX and I couldn't even find BBM in the userlist or any posts from him in this thread so idk? :S
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Bardiche

I pm'd PX and I couldn't even find BBM in the userlist or any posts from him in this thread so idk? :S

Bro, do you even Search function?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
I tried the search function several times but it hates me apparently? ;_;

He hasn't logged in in the last 2 months in any case so, welp

Bardiche

I tried the search function several times but it hates me apparently? ;_;

He hasn't logged in in the last 2 months in any case so, welp

You all call him BBM so it's hard to remember his username isn't actually BBM, but BigBangMeteor. You probably herped and searched for BBM.

That's the sort of thing Waffles would do. EDIT: Can always PM him, should deliver a notification to his e-mail box.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:53:33 PM by Bardiche »

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
I PMed him on SerenesForest since that's his main forum lol

Elieson

• i herd mafia sucks
Ha ha, do remind me exactly how much that is? I can't tell if that's sarcasm.

Naw I mean it seriously. I'd rather host than play like 80% of the time :)
No sigs for you

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
No, I searched for bigbangmeteor! ...maybe it's caps sensitive >_>;

oh oops I never actually sent the pm to px the tab is still open COUGH COUGH COUGH well there's your source of selery

PX

• School Idol?
No, I searched for bigbangmeteor! ...maybe it's caps sensitive >_>;

oh oops I never actually sent the pm to px the tab is still open COUGH COUGH COUGH well there's your source of selery

Was gonna say You wot mate

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
NekoRex,

BBM has replied to a personal conversation entitled "MotK Mafia Queue".

BBM said:
======================================================================
go for it
======================================================================

PX

• School Idol?
Well DNA goes before NNR so it's up to him

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
I'm fine with NNR going before me, I'm too busy IRL right now.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #595 on: April 27, 2015, 08:50:41 PM »
Eh i actually am still posting on other boards and lurking on the maf thread, just that i decided to only seriously play mafia when i am on holidays (which are a rarity in hong kong) and not be stressed to breaking point, i dont mind waiting though, so you have my okay if you wanna jump the queue
Well he already said he's fine with it, plus he was worried earlier about his formatting, so I guess that's all.

DNAbc

• mafia is suffering
Go for it nnr

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
The Faster Than Light engine, known as the FTL Engine, has brought about a new age of space-faring. Allowing us to not just explore the solar system with ease, but the entire galaxy. New and strange alien races have been discovered in the vast reaches of space, from the friendly Engi, to the vicious Mantis, but the Faster Than Light engine has allowed humans to colonize vast swaths of the Galaxy themselves, as the human spirit of exploration and adventure never ceases to drive them to new worlds.
From their colonization, the humans formed the Galactic Federation, made to bring peace to the turmoil of the galaxy, and unite the humans, as well as other races, within it.

However, that was long past. After a bloody and failed war with the Mantis, the Galactic Federation broke into strife, and from strife, came civil war. The Rebel Alliance grew from the strife, and tore the Galactic Federation to pieces. As of now, what's left of the Federation fleets have all but completely retreated to just one sector on the far edge of the galaxy, for their last stand against the overwhelming, seemingly infinite, and mighty Rebel Fleet.

The Federation is expected to lose.

Finally, all that you, the Rebels, have worked for, has finally come down to this one last battle. All you need to do is sweep through the galaxy with your Rebel Fleet, cleansing the galaxy of the last of the accursed Federation. Your victory is at hand, and the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor. Even with the Federation could somehow defeat your unending fleet of rebel ships, you still have the greatest trump card of all, the most powerful ship ever designed, the unstoppable Flagship of the Rebel Fleet. You cannot possibly think of a situation where the Rebel Flagship could lose. If somehow, by some minute chance it was destroyed, then maybe this war really is lost. But you can't imagine a reality where that is even remotely possible.

But perhaps...

THAT ship. That ACCURSED Federation ship that slipped from the Rebel's grasp. You don't know how it slipped into the heart of the Rebel Fleet, and especially how it got out. But it knows. It knows about the Rebel Flagship. It was supposed to be your ace trump, and now this one puny ship and the Federation's allies are going to run home and tell their command about all your most important secrets. You cannot allow that to happen.

The Federation has but a glimmer of hope left for it, and that glimmer is the outdated, discontinued Federation ship, The Kestrel, and its allies. The sole chance the Federation has to win this war, despite the inconceivable odds and minute forces. You are going to crush that hope, for good.

Victory for the Rebel Alliance is at hand, and there's only one ship versus the dominating might of the Rebel Fleet to clench it.

This is FTL: Faster Than Light: Advanced Mafia.

RULES:
*I, Fleet Admiral Nekomimi, stand before you as the captain of the Rebel Flagship, the greatest ship built in the galaxy. It is through my direction that the Rebels advance through the galaxy, for better or worse. It is my responsibility to keep the advance orderly, and anyone who questions my orders will be accused of siding with the Federation and promptly eliminated. Do NOT make me join in this fight, or everyone involved will regret it.
*Orange is the color of the Rebel Flagship, and is only to be used for vital Flagship communication.
*All communication is strictly limited to Rebel Communication Frequencies, supplied only here among the ships present. I may issue private communication as needed, and the Federation is expected to have their own means of communication, outside my jurisdiction.
*Communication on the public frequency will cease when I order it, and is only allowed during the Combat Cycle of fights. Public Comms are to be shut off during any and all Scrapping Cycles.
*Communication is not to be garbled or retracted except through additional communication.
*Destroyed ships cannot communicate obviously, although sometimes the captains manage to get off some last words before the vacuum of space claims their voice. Anyone found somehow alive and communicating any further post-destruction is assumed to be part of some unknown Federation technology, and will be more thoroughly destroyed.
*Weapons volleys are to be announced in advance with the command ##Target: Playername, otherwise their weapons will be put on standby. This is a safety measure standard on all spacecraft. (##Vote will still work, but go with the flavor if you can)
*It is preferred that all ship captains update their status regularly, otherwise I might have to go search for them, personally, to make sure they are not Federation ships in retreat.
Relaying direct private communication with the Rebel Flagship is considered grave treason and will be dealt with swiftly by the full might of the Rebel Fleet.
*These rules of war are all considered important commands from I, Captain of the Rebel Flagship, and failures to comply will be dealt with accordingly. If my actions benefit your commrades, they too will be punished.

SETUP:
-12 player game
-Every ship has a special ability exclusive to that ship, in addition to an array of conventional weapons and shields.
-Ship abilities that are self-destructive, random, misleading, traitorous, hidden, or able to summon the power of all the elements are guaranteed not to have been engineered by any sane ship-designer.
-Combat Cycles are 72 hours, and involve communication and weapons being fired willy nilly. Scrapping Cycles last 24 Hours are more or less a ceasefire of conventional weapons and radio silence for the purposes of scrapping destroyed ships.
-Each new Combat Cycle begins in a new Sector, starting at Sector 1 {Civilian Sector}.
-During a Combat Cycle, most ships can't handle the combined fire of more then half the total present fleet, and will be destroyed, initiating a Scrapping Cycle.
--As the game wears on and more ships are destroyed, degradation of the armor of surviving ships (or increases of firepower in remaining ships) is inevitable, although the rate is expected to stay the same (more then half of the current fleet size to destroy)
-If the Rebel Fleet is facing a potential imminent loss, it will be announced by the Rebel Flagship that we have entered a SYMLO phase. Top Rebel scientists have studied 'SYMLO' and it's potential meanings, but it still remains an unsolved mystery.
-Yes, the Rebels are considered the dominant faction, and Federations allies the minority, I should be making this pretty obvious.
-When a ship is destroyed I shall report the ship name, special ability, and faction it belonged to as per private communications set up beforehand.
-The fleet may voluntarily decline from destroying any ships during the Scrapping Cycle once. After that the Rebel Flagship gets involved.
-Ships not perceived to be playing in the interests of their faction will be destroyed. There is no Draw in this war.
-Role flavor claiming and speculation is absolutely banned, on the basis that there are no flavor-fakeclaims (not enough content in the game for it) and it's inherently obvious who belongs in what faction with flavor outed (at least assuming you've played FTL). Flavor is for the purposes of flips and game flavor ONLY.
--Lack of flavor claims is made up for by a large amount of mod flavor, so don't worry too much.
--Role information without the flavor is provided in a tl;dr at the end of each role PM. If you want to claim your role, refer to this, and this only. Fakeclaims should not hint at any flavor either (ask me if you're not sure)
--Roleplaying in thread or adhering to the theme is highly encouraged, as long as it does not lead to a flavor claim. Anyone who toes the line too hard will be PMed with a warning. RPing with generic roles (common Rebel, generic sci-fi character) is less likely to get you warned.
-Using ship abilities as speculation to determine the layout of the Fleet is discouraged and unlikely to work.
-The Rebel Flagship may be communicated with privately or openly at any time, although I may decline to answer if the question is detrimental to Rebel strategy or is incredibly stupid.

a tl;dr version of the rules is available by request right here, although it's a standard role madness MotK mafia game with a flavor claim ban.

Signups: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,14201.msg1196353.html#msg1196353
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 06:11:53 AM by NekoNekoRex »

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
You can't make me /in

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: FTL Mafia)
« Reply #599 on: April 28, 2015, 03:14:20 AM »
Eeee my flavor claim banning rules are being copied :D That's how you know it was a good idea

/in because I'm in the mafia mood again after the last game