Author Topic: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Magical Mahjong Mafia)  (Read 189042 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Somebody poke me when next signups are up)
« Reply #360 on: November 20, 2014, 12:55:22 AM »
It's not really 11/3/1 because there's still only 1 kill per night.

Edit: The SK can't kill the mafia because he only becomes SK when the mafia is dead.

Edit2: I wonder if he would have played differently if he knew he became SK. Also, what was the rationale on letting the mafia know the traitor would go SK?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:57:50 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Somebody poke me when next signups are up)
« Reply #361 on: November 20, 2014, 01:07:55 AM »
Yeah, like I said, SK talk was unrelated.

Rationale: More panic. I said I wanted the traitor shenanigans to be a hindrance, scare tactics help.
If the traitor knew they'd become SK, they might want to kill off their allies even though doing so doesn't actually help them or their allies. So I avoided it altogether by just having the main faction know.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:10:34 AM by BT »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2014, 04:08:39 AM »
11v4 is naturally scum sided of course. I imagine the idea was to balance it with the assload of power town had, plus the scum being forced to give away PR's if they wanted to find the assload of power. (or shoot VT's for two nights in a row..) I thought it was pretty good at doing that, it wasn't a town blowout or a scum floorwipe.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2014, 05:35:24 AM »
I did know I'd become SK if my buddies died. It wasn't in my PM but you told me when I asked.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2014, 08:43:00 AM »
Well yeah, "SK" in the sense that you get a kill eventually. But I didn't mention the wincon sense. I thought it'd make a difference.  :wat:

BigBangMeteor

• 60% of the time, I win every time
« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2014, 12:51:04 PM »
I guess that's true but I was thinking of myself as an SK in that sense. Actually, because I thought that the mafia would still win with me I was more inclined to bus my teammates than I otherwise would have been?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #366 on: November 20, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
What teammates

You mean missile?

Also I'm torn between "I'm still in college, if I join again I'll just be gone for entire days again sometimes" and "My college classes are almost over, and I'm not behind in them, so it'd probably be fine"
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #367 on: November 20, 2014, 05:27:07 PM »
can't outbus the Super Busser 8D

So it's PX up next, right? Probably won't play this time but I can help with votals/co-modding if needs be.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #368 on: November 20, 2014, 05:37:43 PM »
I considered playing again but upon realizing PX was hosting I think I'll pass. I wouldn't be caught in another one of PX's hilariously broken setups even if my depression would end for it.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #369 on: November 20, 2014, 06:33:41 PM »
Using lurkstrategies is hard.

« Reply #370 on: November 20, 2014, 07:05:24 PM »
Using lurkstrategies is hard.
have you tried killing your own scum buddies?

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #371 on: November 20, 2014, 08:39:55 PM »
have you tried killing your own scum buddies?

idk about nightkilling them but dayvigging them worked for me

« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »
take the extra step :V

« Reply #373 on: November 20, 2014, 10:35:29 PM »
I considered playing again but upon realizing PX was hosting I think I'll pass. I wouldn't be caught in another one of PX's hilariously broken setups even if my depression would end for it.
just fuck already
god damn

Bardiche

« Reply #374 on: November 20, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »
Let me take this opportunity to post in the sign-ups thread about how I'm NOT going to sign up, just so I can make a jab at another forum user!

Sky_Paladin

• Caution is advised.
  • Unit vector from the center is the surface normal?
« Reply #375 on: November 21, 2014, 12:27:50 AM »
I will be unavailable from December 15th because I am on a plane + drunk for about a month. 

So unless the game starts by Monday I will probably have to pass or replace out :/
My programming et al blog;
http://infinitestateautomaton.wordpress.com/

You want more mafia?
Megatokyo Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #376 on: November 21, 2014, 04:09:56 AM »
I will be unavailable from December 15th because I am on a plane + drunk for about a month. 

So unless the game starts by Monday I will probably have to pass out or replace :/

Fixed

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #377 on: November 21, 2014, 04:14:43 AM »
2 things
1) I want to run an anon game, and having two in a row probably isn't a good idea
2) Right now is probably a bad time, with holidays and finals, so I think it might be a good time for a holiday break

I'm up for it if SB or someone else wants to run their game first, but I'm gonna wait for mine

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #378 on: November 21, 2014, 07:05:34 PM »
I can put up signups tomorrow morning (or afternoon depending on when I wake up) if there are no objections? The signup post is pretty much the only thing I have left to write anyway, so it's not really an issue for me.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #379 on: November 22, 2014, 02:26:59 AM »
OBJE oh wait that was the last game.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #380 on: November 22, 2014, 03:42:59 PM »
So yeah, opening signups for Draft Mafia now.

RULES:
0. As the host, I have the right to edit these rules at any time. If this happens, you will be informed.
1. The game is NOC, meaning you don't talk about the game outside of this game thread while it is ongoing.
2. If you're dead, don't talk to anyone who doesn't have access to the graveyard quicktopic. You can ask to be informed, but please don't spoil the rest of the graveyard.
3. Screenshotting and quoting any information given by the host outside of the thread well result in a modkill.
4. Editting posts is banned, although depending on the severity of the edit punishment may be more lax.
5. Should you be modkilled through any fault of your own, you automatically lose. Tactical modkills are even lamer and will be dealt with accordingly.
6. The game starts on Day 1.
7. Nights last for 24 hours, days last for 72 hours. You may not talk during the night phase.
8. If your action fails or is redirected, you will be informed as such.
9. A hammer is required to lynch. It takes over 50% of the total votes in order to hammer. Failure to achieve a lynch twice will result in universal loss.
10. *YLO will not be announced, as you should be able to figure it out for yourselves.
11. Play to win, but don't spoil the enjoyment of others.

SETUP INFO:
There are 10 townies and 3 mafia members. By default, everyone is a vanilla. Unless stated otherwise, the mafia members can perform the factional kill and use their roles in the same night.

Your role in this game is determined by the drafting process, and I'm stealing the explanation from the mafiascum wiki because it can be kind of difficult to explain.

Quote from: Drafting
1. Each player sends in two numbers to the moderator, between 1 and 10 in the format (x,x).
2. Which ever player sends in the lowest unique first number (i.e. no other player sent in the same first number) gets the first pick.
3. Whoever picked the second-lowest unique number goes second, up until there are no more unique first numbers.
4. After there are no more unique first numbers, the next pick goes to the person with the lowest first number that matched only one other first number, but has a lower number than that other person. After he picks, that other person picks.
5. After the first tied pair picks, the second-lowest tied pair picks, and who picks first is based again on whoever has the lowest second number.
6. After all of the two-way ties are resolved, the three-way-ties are again resolved in a similar fashion, based again on who picked the lowest second number, then the second-lowest second number, etc.
7. If anyone picks *both* the same numbers as anyone else, they are bumped entirely to the end of the list.
If multiple pairs are bumped to the end of the list, the pair with the lower first numbers picked goes before the pair with the higher first numbers picked.
8. Of each pair bumped to the end of the list, they must each roll again separately and the draft operates recursively.

Send me the numbers after you sign up in thread so that setting up the game takes less time. You will learn your alignment as well as the drafting order (as it will be made public) after signups are filled and all alignments go out, and you well send in the role you want then. The mafia may converse pregame while making their choices.

The roles in this game are:

Quote from: Tracker
USER, you have selected the Tracker.

During the night, you may ##Track a player to learn who they visited, but not what they did.
Quote from: Roleclop
USER, you have selected the Roleclop.

During the night, you may ##Investigate a player to learn their role, but not their alignment.
Quote from: Doctor
USER, you have selected the Doctor.

During the night, you may ##Protect a player to prevent all attempts on their life that night. You may not self-target.

Quote from: Roleblocker
USER, you have selected the Roleblocker.

During the night, you may ##Roleblock a player to prevent them from carrying out any night actions that night.
Quote from: Hijacker
USER, you have selected the Hijacker.

During the night, you may ##Hijack a player to redirect any night actions they were performing to a new target of your choice. You may not redirect a player to themselves.
Quote from: Motivator
USER, you have selected the Motivator.

During the night, you may ##Motivate a player to allow them to take a second night action on the following night. You may not motivate the same player twice in a row.
Quote from: Neighbourizer
USER, you have selected the Neighbourizer.

During the night, you may ##Neighbourize a player to open a private quicktopic with them outside of the thread. All neighbours will be added to the same quicktopic, which will close when you die.
Quote from: Paranoid Gun Owner
USER, you have selected the Paranoid Gun Owner.

During the night, you may ##Arm yourself, and will make an attempt on any player who visits you that night. This ability will fail if you have multiple visitors. You may not use this action on consecutive nights, or whilst performing the factional kill.
USER, you have selected the Jack of all Trades.

During the night, you may ##Strongman Kill another player in place of your factional kill, ensuring that the target dies despite any attempts made to protect them or interfere with your action. Alternatively, you may ##Ninja Kill in place of your factional kill, allowing you to kill a player without being seen by any Trackers targetting you. You may only use these abilities once in the game.

The priority list is as follows (with the Strongman first):

-Strongman
-Roleblocker
-Hijacker
-Doctor
-Factional Kill
-Motivator
-Neighbourizer
-Roleclop
-Tracker
-Paranoid Gun Owner Kill

SIGNUPS:
1. Oarfish
2. ActionDan
3. Refa

If anything is confusing, tell me so that I can make it clearer.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 12:42:26 AM by SB »

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #381 on: November 22, 2014, 08:10:16 PM »
Sounds interesting. I'm in.
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: RPG Mafia Thread V (Current Game: Draft Mafia)
« Reply #382 on: November 22, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »
Probobly out of this one, I want a mafia break and only played the last few games because they were 15p.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2014, 01:00:32 AM »
/in

Don't lynch me.

Refa

• The Nameless Monster
  • This is what I can do, from me to you.
    • YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2014, 03:54:35 PM »
/in

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #385 on: November 25, 2014, 05:56:48 AM »
Non-anonymafia is dead, rip mafia.

Guess it might be a good time to hold that break after all.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #386 on: November 25, 2014, 06:17:58 AM »
Yeah sadly, with finals + vacation + holidays + homecoming, I'm a bit too busy to play mafia this year.  Would certainly join in this one 2015 though; it looks really interesting.

SB

• You are good people
  • Even Dormio
« Reply #387 on: November 25, 2014, 11:21:18 AM »
Yeah, that's probably fair.

Bardiche

« Reply #388 on: November 30, 2014, 05:52:39 AM »
I feel like my game should not be role madness for once; feels like when everyone has a role, it becomes too much of a role puzzle, so low-power-but-still-fun powers should be the objective, and then award the Shadoweh to whoever gets screwed out of having something fun to do. Anti-Lurker roles like Musical Chairs, where someone can ##StopTheMusic and whoever's last to post afterwards gets subjected to a penalty? I need to balance what I would want with what would be fun to have, clearly.

EDIT: I wonder if we should have some sort of game to play in the interim, like Stratego or Diplomacy or Guillotine.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:11:04 PM by Just »

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #389 on: December 04, 2014, 04:46:41 PM »
Diplomacy

Edit: Also I'm sorry but world trigger is trash
Edit to Edit: Parasyte is where it's at

Don't lynch me.