Author Topic: [COMPLETE] Daiyousei Quest - Rise of the Fairies  (Read 29815 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Daiyousei Quest - Rise of the Fairies
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2012, 12:57:13 AM »
>Fairy Queen...Didn't we read about something like that in the same book that mentioned Sprites...?
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2012, 01:01:13 AM »
>Fairy Queen...Didn't we read about something like that in the same book that mentioned Sprites...?

> It was the fairy goddess, but the term is interchangeable, some call her by one, some the other. Every fairy knows of the legends, even the nameless ones who cannot recall much else. Titania, Queen, and Goddess, of the fairies.

> However, that's all she is... a legend. As far as you know. You guess Lilly, since you presume she has been around for a while, since the times of the Sprites at least, for her to know about how to become one might know more accurate information than the books. However, it is not Spring, and Lilly is almost impossible to find outside of Spring.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2012, 01:06:56 AM »
>"How can they resurrect a legend like Queen Titania...? If only it was spring right now..."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2012, 01:09:36 AM »
>"How can they resurrect a legend like Queen Titania...? If only it was spring right now..."

> "Queen Titania? I'm now aware of fairy legends." Ichirin says.

> Byakuren and the others enter the hallway.

> "Nor am I aware of the legends." Byakuren admits.

> "Why do you need it to be spring?" Nue asks.

> "There's this fairy that's only really around in the spring that's been a Sprite for ages. She told Daiyousei what was going on when Cirno started to change." Kogasa explains.

> "Ah. That fairy... you guys realize she has a sister, right?" Nue says.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #94 on: December 07, 2012, 01:11:35 AM »
>Did we know that? Whatever the answer is, say it.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #95 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:53 AM »
>"Queen Titania...A legendary fairy, hailed as the queen or goddess of all fairies...The old legends say she was beautiful, and completely in-tune with nature itself. I probably wouldn't be incorrect in saying that she was beyond the level of a Sprite."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #96 on: December 07, 2012, 01:14:56 AM »
>Did we know that? Whatever the answer is, say it.

> You did not know.

> "Yeah, she lives near the Sanzu River. She's a fairy that is part of a very small group, who represent Death. Most fairies represent things related to life, but these fairies represent the inevitable end." Nue says.

>"Queen Titania...A legendary fairy, hailed as the queen or goddess of all fairies...The old legends say she was beautiful, and completely in-tune with nature itself. I probably wouldn't be incorrect in saying that she was beyond the level of a Sprite."

> "If she was considered a Goddess, I would not be surprised if she is beyond anything a normal fairy can dream of achieving. If she exists... bringing forth someone who is hailed as a Goddess in legends may actually give those fairies a legitimate chance of winning." Byakuren muses.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2012, 01:20:54 AM »
>Nod. "Which means if we want to keep the others in check..."
>Make that sort of expression that we make when the gears in our head are turning.
>Then let the fire orb float overhead and flicker like a bright candle!
>"I just need to revive her somehow myself or something! Maybe those fairies would know something!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2012, 01:22:58 AM »
>Nod. "Which means if we want to keep the others in check..."
>Make that sort of expression that we make when the gears in our head are turning.
>Then let the fire orb float overhead and flicker like a bright candle!
>"I just need to revive her somehow myself or something! Maybe those fairies would know something!"

> "Yes, maybe Lilly's Sister will know something, if you can't find Lilly. She is not bound by seasons like her sister." Nue says.

> "How do you know all of this Nue..." Shou asks.

> "I'm a prankster. Fairies are pranksters. I know a fair bit about rival pranksters to avoid counterpranks."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2012, 01:31:50 AM »
>"...I just hope they don't make a mistake and...Uh...I dunno, bring her back as some kinda vengeful fairy spirit or something? Even a Sprite of Knowledge doesn't have all the answers."
>Knowledge...If we weren't so strapped for time trying to keep the fairies in control, we'd ask Miss Patchouli for help!
>"...I need to check on the Lake, make sure all this chaos hasn't gotten to Cirno too...Miss Byakuren, I think we'll have to have that little talk about white magic later..."
>Bow politely, and depart with all haste for the lake!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #100 on: December 07, 2012, 03:45:59 PM »
>"...I just hope they don't make a mistake and...Uh...I dunno, bring her back as some kinda vengeful fairy spirit or something? Even a Sprite of Knowledge doesn't have all the answers."
>Knowledge...If we weren't so strapped for time trying to keep the fairies in control, we'd ask Miss Patchouli for help!
>"...I need to check on the Lake, make sure all this chaos hasn't gotten to Cirno too...Miss Byakuren, I think we'll have to have that little talk about white magic later..."
>Bow politely, and depart with all haste for the lake!

> "Very well. I did not intend to keep you anyway." Byakuren says.

> You fly off to the Misty Lake, and see the tell-tale flashes of a danmaku battle, in fact, from the distance, it seems like a serious one. When you get there, you see Cirno fighting Star Sapphire, Luna Child, and Sunny Milk, while the lake fairies are fighting various other fairies.

> The strange thing is, however, only Star is fighting. The other two are sitting back. You note a lot of fallen nameless fairies around Cirno too.

> Needless to say, in the one on one fight, Star seems to be losing pretty badly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #101 on: December 07, 2012, 08:26:38 PM »
>About how many different groups of fairies aside from Forest Fairies, Lake Fairies, and Maid Fairies are in existence?
>Let's fly over and use that whirlwind trap spell on all of 'em!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
>About how many different groups of fairies aside from Forest Fairies, Lake Fairies, and Maid Fairies are in existence?
>Let's fly over and use that whirlwind trap spell on all of 'em!

> There are:

The Mountain fairies
The Forest Fairies, there's two groups, one at the foot of Youkai Mountain, the other around the Hakurei Shrine and Dusk Forest
The Lake Fairies [The Maids are Lake Fairies]
The Sanzu Fairies
The Sky Fairies, which, as far as you are aware, Lilly White is
The Underground Fairies, who are a mixture of different types, but notably the fire fairies live down here
The Flower fairies, who hand out in places like the Nameless Hill
The magic fairies, who live at the Forest of Magic

> You fly over to try and help, but Luna and Sunny block your way.

> "Don't interfere or Cirno forfeits! It's a challenge to be the boss of this place!" Sunny says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2012, 08:46:07 PM »
>Stick Sunny and Luna in a whirlwind then!
>"Then I'll have to keep you guys busy! I know you two are gonna try something when Star loses!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2012, 08:50:22 PM »
>Stick Sunny and Luna in a whirlwind then!
>"Then I'll have to keep you guys busy! I know you two are gonna try something when Star loses!"

> "What do you mean when Star loses?" Luna says, before they get swept up into the whirlwind.

> "She's gonna win." Sunny says. "We've already ensured it."

> Suddenly Star lands a hit on Cirno, causing the ice sprite's eyes to go wide in shock.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
>Let's add a little Water to the whirlwind. Just enough to drench them thoroughly.
>"Then I'll fight Star if Cirno does lose! I don't want the balance to go out of whack anymore than it already has!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #106 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:41 PM »
>Let's add a little Water to the whirlwind. Just enough to drench them thoroughly.
>"Then I'll fight Star if Cirno does lose! I don't want the balance to go out of whack anymore than it already has!"

> "But we're just rebalanceing it." Sunny says after her drenching. "If we unite the fairies there will be less chaos, won't there?"

> Star lands another hit. Cirno seems sluggish. Suddenly, it dawns on you, that the pile of defeated fairies all fought Cirno to wear her down, and Cirno wouldn't refuse a challenge, so Star waited for the others to wear Cirno down.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #107 on: December 07, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
>"You guys all fought her."
>"If you can have help, then so can Cirno."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2012, 09:28:43 PM »
>"You guys all fought her."
>"If you can have help, then so can Cirno."

> "Nuh huh! We haven't fought anyone! The fairies on the ground were there when we got here!" Sunny says. "Besides, the terms of the fight were one against one. What matter is it that Cirno wore herself out beforehand? That just means we're smarter! We ain't cheated or anything!"

> "Besides, Star would win anyway, she just doesn't want to use her special attack!" Luna says, after which she covers her mouth.

> "Of course, we know you're also one of the bosses of this lake, because Cirno hasn't lost a fight and you don't fight either,so you're both undefeated. So we need you out of the way too." Sunny says.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2012, 09:34:02 PM »
>"I don't want to fight, but you don't seem to be giving me a choice."
>Do we have spellcards now? And if so, what are they?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #110 on: December 07, 2012, 10:32:14 PM »
>"I don't want to fight, but you don't seem to be giving me a choice."
>Do we have spellcards now? And if so, what are they?

> "Yeah, if you didn't fight you'd forfeit!" Sunny says.

> You have several spellcards, in fact, you run into the same issue at Patchouli, in that you have more spellcards than you are actually allowed to use, due to your elements, and number of combinations. The limit is ten on you at any time, however, you do have limitations on your magical reserves, so can usually only use four or five, plus your Last Word.

> The ones you have on you right now are:

Fire Sign: Agni Shrine [A direct copy of Patchouli's spell]
Earth Sign: Fertile Grounds [A spell where green bubble danmaku fall, before streams of green leaf danmaku rise, before dispersing]
Water Sign: Lakeside Ripples [Standard 'Danmaku rings from user' spell]
Air Sign: Spring Breeze [Laser danmaku from the sides of the screen, with some fallign leaf-like danmaku]
Earth and Fire Sign: Pyroclasm [Spray of green bubble danmaku with green bullets following them. The green bubbles erupt into smaller, red bubbles, while the green shots continue on their paths.]
Water and Air Sign: Maelstrom [Basically Murasa's Sinking Vortex]
Air and Earth Sign: Dust Storm: A chaotic, fast, but not dense, spray of danmaku from the side.
Earth and Water Sign: Tidal Coasts: A ring of green bubbles emits from you, moving outwards, while blue bubbles move inwards. Each wave has different orientations, and there are some smaller danmaku flung too. Attempting to cross at the wrong point will wall.
Emotion: Calm: A survival spellcard, which is basically a test of nerve, as danmaku forms and flies around erratically, but will never actually hit the target... if they stay still. Only lasts about ten seconds.
Four Elements: Nature's Wrath: Your Last Word, and hence can't be used unless all the others are used up. Reminiscent of Patchouli's Philosopher's Stone spellcard, however, since there are only four elements to call upon, the barrage is thinner. To make up for it, the bullets move faster and are more erratically fired. Occasionally an appropriate shaded laser will be fired from each elemental stone, in a path directly down.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:36:10 PM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #111 on: December 07, 2012, 10:42:48 PM »
>"I don't like fighting, but I'm not just a Lake Boss because I hang out with Cirno. I guess this is a good chance to test out a few things though.."
>How often have we gotten to use each of the spellcards we've created?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #112 on: December 07, 2012, 10:44:20 PM »
>"I don't like fighting, but I'm not just a Lake Boss because I hang out with Cirno. I guess this is a good chance to test out a few things though.."
>How often have we gotten to use each of the spellcards we've created?

> Not much at all. Only in spars with Patchouli, and to get Koakuma off your back when she's in a mood 'because a fairy is Patchy's student and not me'.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #113 on: December 07, 2012, 10:49:17 PM »
>So some of these cards we probably haven't even gotten to use then? If that's the case, of the ones we have on hand, which ones are they?
>"Well, who'll be my opponent then..? Unlike Cirno, I'm not worn out at all."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #114 on: December 07, 2012, 10:57:25 PM »
>So some of these cards we probably haven't even gotten to use then? If that's the case, of the ones we have on hand, which ones are they?
>"Well, who'll be my opponent then..? Unlike Cirno, I'm not worn out at all."

> You've used all of them before. Just not more than a couple of times. The single element ones have been used more, and use less energy to use.

> Luna looks at the sky.

> "Hey Sunny. It's sunny that means you go." she says.

> "I got a better idea!" Sunny says, before she calls over a bunch of their followers.

> "You'll fight this one, then that one, then that one, then that one..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #115 on: December 07, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »
>Stare at her like she's an idiot. "I'm not falling for that trick."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »
>Do that air bubble thing we did when all the fairies were going crazy in the mansion before. Trap them all.
>"Okay, I win."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »
>Stare at her like she's an idiot. "I'm not falling for that trick."

> She IS an idiot. Especially compared to you.

>Do that air bubble thing we did when all the fairies were going crazy in the mansion before. Trap them all.
>"Okay, I win."

> You trap the group of fairies Sunny called over in a bubble.

> "I knew she wouldn't fall for it..." Luna says.

> "No, she fell for it!" Sunny says defiantly, before she begins launching a spray of red danmaku pellets.

> Star is getting the upper hand against Cirno, who is confused as to why she's losing now.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:17 PM »
>Declare spellcard: Emotion: Calm. No way she'll stay calm enough to beat it. And if she somehow does, we can just say it was a warning shot.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #119 on: December 07, 2012, 11:09:27 PM »
>Declare spellcard: Emotion: Calm. No way she'll stay calm enough to beat it. And if she somehow does, we can just say it was a warning shot.

> Sunny sees the massive amount of danmaku form around her, and, as expected, panics, thinking she;s about to get hit, and gets pelted as a result. The spellcard then ends, and Sunny hits the floor.

> "No fair that's cheating!" Sunny claims angrily.

> "No. You hit the floor." Luna says.

> "Well you do better then!"