Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 222411 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #240 on: December 10, 2012, 04:02:47 PM »
Wish I could record pc-98 stuff though, anyone know if there's a way to record anex98 with fraps?

I can record Anex86 perfectly with Hypercam 2. It's for free now, too, so there's no reason not to use it.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #241 on: December 10, 2012, 05:38:58 PM »
IN Normal 1cc as Reimu! :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25763

A video for it will be on YouTube soon! :3

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfhXq-omaDI
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:21:43 PM by Ranko Hoshino »
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

« Reply #242 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:02 PM »

Nabbed a ReimuA Mof L1cc this morning! I started playing just to relax for a bit, but I was pretty surprised when I got as far as I did. Even still though, VoWG managed to completely kick my butt. Entered Kanako with 5 lives, entered VoWG with 5 lives, and I left with just one. That damn card... It also caught me completely off guard at the beginning because I thought the card was pretty much static. Turns out it's not. It's static based on your position at the start of the card. Normally when I practice it I start at the bottom middle and I know exactly how the card will go. This time, Kanako aimed the whole thing to the left or right or something and it completely threw me off. I swear that it becomes a pretty different card if she aims it differently since the "holes" and movement patterns that used to work for the bottom middle aim that I'm used to completely changed positions. Still got it, despite all the deaths.

Overall I think it was a pretty crappy run. I bombed a lot of stuff, and I was completely out of practice with Sanae, so I did a lot of stupid stuff during her fight, but eh. A clear's a clear. I think my next move is to go back and no bomb these games. I kind of have to wonder where to start though... They all seem fairly tough once you remove bombs from the equation.

And speaking of Mima...
... Jeeeeez. Incredible. I can't even think of the right words to describe what you're doing with PoDD.

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #243 on: December 10, 2012, 10:55:47 PM »
aaaaaand I continue to get better with my MoF Extra clear! http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25767

« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2012, 12:23:52 AM »
Zil: goddamn.

PoDD for STGT 13  :V
But it isn't a shmup.

Also, I know what you were implying.  Punk.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:33 AM »
Fuck yes, perfected Ran, with weak ReimuA. Like I said before, I did have a NMNB1bb I did back in 21/07 (my birthday :toot:), but had never bested it until now. Special thanks to Myst for helping me a lot with Izuna Gongen safespot which I fucked up before the blue balls and needed to raw dodge anyway :V. You are awesome <3. I was also very nervous and messed up the last noncard due to going too late to POC but somehow panic dodged the broken stream. I also almost messed up at Shikigami Chen.

Anyway, I'll record this later and up onto YT. :3

Zil

« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2012, 01:20:41 AM »
You know what you must do Wow, considering you were celebrating a 90m run earlier today that's awesome. What do you think the optimal score is?
On a scale of 1 to 10, how crazy is this? I don't actually play the game so I wouldn't know.
I'm not really sure how to answer those questions. You can never really be good enough at this game. There's always room to improve.

Here's the video, if you want to judge for yourselves. (And sit through 40 minutes of crap you probably don't care about. :V)
Haha,, yeah okay.  :] I think you are the first person I've ever heard utter those words.  :)
What am I, chopped liver?

In any event, thanks everyone~

Oh, by the way PMW, Fraps can work with Anex, yes. It's what I use. Try disabling 32bit color or something if it isn't working.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 01:22:18 AM by Zil »

« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2012, 04:38:36 AM »
What am I, chopped liver?

That was probably the weirdest thing I've read in a while... well sure then. You are chopped liver. Enjoy it.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:51 AM »
GFW A-1 lunatic 1cc...on ultra!

Yeah I have no idea how I did this, and quite frankly don't care.  I dodged the super dense fireballs perfectly the first time around, and died 2-3 times the second time they came up. (Stage 3).  I don't even know how.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2012, 08:07:53 AM »
Timed out Yukari's last word with Youmu unfocus.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25778

An example of something easy to screw up but mind numbingly boring for some reason.

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »
Progress!

It's out there. I just need some consistency practice, less panic and massive luck.

« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2012, 06:27:28 PM »
I've been at this too. Pacifying Stage 4 in PCB. I have now managed to do it with 4 misses twice. My best one has me pacifying everything except one miss on the Prismgirls 2nd non-spell and three to their final spell. Fucking cunts. Oh well... not their fault that I'm bad at playing. Progress nevertheless.

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2012, 08:55:51 PM »
Finally, FINALLY I captured "Spleen Eater" on normal.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:09:27 AM by Ranko Hoshino »
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #254 on: December 12, 2012, 07:57:25 AM »
Here's what I can think of:

EoSD 1cc with 1 life
EoSD extra clear
PCB 1cc
IN 1cc with 1 life
PoFV 1cc
PoFV extra clear
Mof 1cc with all shot-types
SA 1cc
U.F.O 1cc
TD 1cc

All 1cc's are played on normal difficulty.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #255 on: December 12, 2012, 08:42:51 AM »
Reached 30s.
Youmu unfocus SFN
Looks both hopeful and dreadful at the same time.

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
My Touhou Replays

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2012, 09:08:43 PM »
It's been such a long time since I posted in the success or the fail thread. Mostly because I'm not sure where my antics fit...

Anyway, I am getting close to my first lunatic 1cc (MoF). I just had that awesome run where a bunch of impossible attacks suddenly make sense. Hina's spells, Nitori's first spell, Aya's first nonspell and last spell, Sanae's midboss and first boss nonspell... I couldn't do them to save my life and now all of a sudden I manage them effortlessly. It feels great!

I just did my best attempt so far, scrambling all the way to Kanako's last nonspell (it was my first time reaching Kanako on lunatic). I'm certain that if I don't die with bombs in stock, that I can do it. It's within reach. It feels satisfying even if I haven't done it yet.

« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »

:toot:
Super-Ego is still madness, though...

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »
It's been such a long time since I posted in the success or the fail thread. Mostly because I'm not sure where my antics fit...

Anyway, I am getting close to my first lunatic 1cc (MoF). I just had that awesome run where a bunch of impossible attacks suddenly make sense. Hina's spells, Nitori's first spell, Aya's first nonspell and last spell, Sanae's midboss and first boss nonspell... I couldn't do them to save my life and now all of a sudden I manage them effortlessly. It feels great!

I just did my best attempt so far, scrambling all the way to Kanako's last nonspell (it was my first time reaching Kanako on lunatic). I'm certain that if I don't die with bombs in stock, that I can do it. It's within reach. It feels satisfying even if I haven't done it yet.

Play a few more runs and plan bombs and it's yours.

« Reply #260 on: December 12, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »

Play a few more runs and plan bombs and it's yours.

That's pretty much how MoF works. I didn't give it much dedication since I find it boring as hell, so I bombspammed almost everything to get my Lunatic 1cc. Minoriko's and Hina's last spell, all of Nitori's spells, Momiji, all of Aya spells, almost all of Sanae's spells, and almost all of Kanako's. And haven't touched it since then. :V

Anyway, VoWG is where the game really begins. Get there with at least 1 life in stock, because you'll need it.

:toot:
Super-Ego is still madness, though...

Congrats. Release the Id is a wall torture at first, but once you learn how to dodge it, it becomes much easier. I can still remember how painful Superego used to be... fast, and bullets coming from the bottom. I'd recommend you to first try dodging it with more horizontal movement while staying far from Koishi but not too close to the bottom. Then you can figure out when to try diagonal downwards movements.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 10:46:19 PM by Wriggle »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #261 on: December 12, 2012, 10:59:59 PM »
I find that my success on Id is inversely proportional to my success on Super-Ego. Anyone else?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #262 on: December 12, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
We've had this discussion before. I still think ID is the one that stays clippy challenging overtime. Super Ego's gaps are insultingly big.

« Reply #263 on: December 13, 2012, 12:08:56 AM »
Well, I dominated Id much earlier, and can time it out very easily. Still, it's clippy beyond belief in no-focus runs. :V

....Koishi herself is clippy as hell to NF. Rorschach becomes impossible, as well as Subterranean Rose with Reimu-A. I made it to Sub Rose's 3rd wave with 2 spare lives in my Reimu-A NF clear, and cleared the game with 0. :getdown:
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:20:36 AM by Wriggle »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #264 on: December 13, 2012, 12:33:26 AM »
I think ID is harder overall, but for "beginners", super ego might be more uncomfortable due to bullets coming from below. they won't be used to that. it's the same issue with genetic of subconscious.

« Reply #265 on: December 13, 2012, 01:20:48 AM »
Huh. That's weird. For me, Id is the easiest one by far. Super Ego has larger gaps but the bullets coming from behind makes it tougher imo. I remember having to pacify both of them in the same run for some contest back on LR and well... it wasn't hard but it was definitely more scary to keeping at dodging Super Ego for that long time compared to Id. And as you say Sakurei, it will be even more tough for beginners. I still remember when Koishi was difficult for me. This spell was one of the reasons.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #266 on: December 13, 2012, 01:46:49 AM »
Well, I reached Miko.

...Then I game overed to her first spellcard. :derp:

This would have been a perfect of the first three stages were it not for dying to Score Desire Eater. That other death to Tao Taidou stung.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2012, 03:43:25 AM »
Well, since it's 12-12-12, I decided to play UFO Lunatic for a while (Lunatic since L is the 12th letter). No major accomplishments, but it seems I actually can somewhat handle Kogasa's last two cards lately, not consistently, but I no longer feel like I got lucky every time I capture either of them.

(I also find Id easier than Superego, it may help that Id is similar to Kaguya's third last spell but with larger bullets)

Kenta Kurodani

• That guy from IRC
  • Don't mind me, I'm no threat to your high scores
« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2012, 04:40:49 AM »
 :toot: :toot: :toot:
3rd Extra Clear Ho! http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=25825 Ran Yakumo is down for the count!
A rather tough battle indeed. I just feel Izuna Gongen isn't a fitting end for it. Next is either Yukari or Mokou!

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #269 on: December 13, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »
Hey guys  :V

I'm pretty good at the Touhou.

Stardust Reverie no-death no-bomb no-vertical no-horizontal
Spoiler:
on easy
[/url]