Author Topic: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?  (Read 26785 times)

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »
> Keep an eye out as we pay for the stuff and then get out of there.

>Eyes open. Wide open. You make your purchase without much trouble and head home.
>Where are they? It's been a few minutes now...well, no, that doesn't really matter. Invaders came in all flavors. Some just ran up to your face and started a fight. Others bowed, giving a semblance of honor before fighting you to the death. And others stalked.
>There wasn't any particular time limit to how long an Invader can stay. It's just preference.
>Could the mysterious interloper be using the invasion indicators as psychological warfare? It's working. Depending on who else is in the area, they would've seen it to.
>As you come up to your front door, your eyes widen again in realization.
>Shit, does Priscilla know?
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Kasu

  • Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #91 on: December 01, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »
> Crap.
> We don't anything about where she is besides the fact she's in the city right?
> Either way, drop off the stuff and grab a snack while we try and look for her.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2012, 01:37:46 AM »
> Crap.
> We don't anything about where she is besides the fact she's in the city right?
> Either way, drop off the stuff and grab a snack while we try and look for her.

>"Hey, mom, I gotta slip out for a bit. I think a friend might be in trouble."
>"Be careful!" she answers in a sing song manner. You're not quite sure she connected trouble with actual life-in-danger trouble.

>Well, now we come across the problem of how to find her.
>The phone number is still there, probably, so you could trace that. Trusting your instinct hasn't failed you yet though, and it might be faster in the end.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Kasu

  • Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2012, 01:56:43 AM »
> Do we have a cell phone? If so, we can grab the number and call her while following our instinct.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #94 on: December 04, 2012, 12:36:51 AM »
> Do we have a cell phone? If so, we can grab the number and call her while following our instinct.

>Right, good idea. You pick the number off the phone, dial it in, and run off. You pick up your catalyst and shield along the way; seeing the very wide shield slip into your comparatively thin left arm is a little surreal.
>Ring, ring. Take a left, straight forward. Look around.
>Dammit, no answer.
>Right. Cross the street, through a park, over a street. Slip past a crosswalk, jump a few fences. If you aren't wrong, then...

>The severed halves of a red phantom, an Invader in heavy armor, slam into the wall behind you covered in ice.
>Well.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #95 on: December 04, 2012, 12:42:25 AM »
>"I guess he knew to 'Split' when things were grim. Too bad he didn't 'make the cut', I bet he was a pretty 'cool' guy."
>Ah, that old dry wit. Been a while since we got to use that...Even if it's bad.
>May as well check out what's going down!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #96 on: December 04, 2012, 12:52:32 AM »
>"I guess he knew to 'Split' when things were grim. Too bad he didn't 'make the cut', I bet he was a pretty 'cool' guy."
>Ah, that old dry wit. Been a while since we got to use that...Even if it's bad.
>May as well check out what's going down!

>The impromptu projectiles crashed after you cleared the a fence; quite the welcome.
>Of course, as usual, the slain phantom melts into a bloodstain; a coalesce of souls left behind when an Undead dies, there to be collected. Bloodstains often transcended the timelines and could be used by other Undead to see how the poor sap died. Sort of a warning method. But Invaders only left behind chunks of souls to be absorbed.
>You gladly take your fill and draw your blade.

>Pretty large yard, really nice landscaping. Big house too, and a pool to boot. Very nice bit of property here.
>Priscilla standing atop the frozen pool, her scythe in both hands and a chill wind exuding from her, add to the image. She's shorter than she was in Ariamis, but still very tall. Her fuzzy tail and the odd scale are still present, and she seems as pristine as usual.
>Of course, you've never seen her in such...tight...clothing, at least in comparison to the voluminous fur robes she wore in her domain. Loose jeans and a slightly large t-shirt regardless, she looks...well, best not go there.

>Priscilla lowers her weapon and steps off the ice-topped pool, the frozen water melting as she does. You notice that, as usual, she's barefoot. The half-dragon smiles as she comes up to you; again, still taller, but at least you don't have to crane your neck to see her anymore. "Coming to my rescue, good knight? I'm afraid you're a little too late," she teases.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #97 on: December 04, 2012, 12:59:53 AM »
>Smirk slightly. "Hey, I can't let you have all the fun now can I? Even if my stats are lower than they used to be, I can still 'bust heads', as they say on this side."
>"Besides, You must've seen the warnings too. Usually only one shows up, but five warnings in a row? That isn't normal, even by Lordran Standards."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

GuyYouMetOnline

  • Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #98 on: December 04, 2012, 01:06:00 AM »
>The warning always flashed three times, didn't it? Are we sure there were five seperate warnings, and not just multiple flashes of a smaller number?

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2012, 01:22:54 AM »
>Smirk slightly. "Hey, I can't let you have all the fun now can I? Even if my stats are lower than they used to be, I can still 'bust heads', as they say on this side."
>"Besides, You must've seen the warnings too. Usually only one shows up, but five warnings in a row? That isn't normal, even by Lordran Standards."

>"Warnings? Stats? I'm not quite sure what...oh, yes, the intricacies of the Undead." She looks off to the side with a look of whimsy; she was always quite perturbed by your existence, along with the other Undead. For someone who can kill anything, something that doesn't die when killed would obviously be confusing. "You must stop forgetting you and the other Undead the only one who can see those odd 'menus' and such, good knight."

>The warning always flashed three times, didn't it? Are we sure there were five seperate warnings, and not just multiple flashes of a smaller number?

>There were a lot of warnings; you lost count after five just out of sheer surprise that something like that was happening. If you had to guess...maybe a dozen invaders, in total. Five would be a lower estimate. A much lower estimate.
>"In any case," Priscilla interjects. "The immediate danger is over. I'm surprised you managed to find me so fast, good knight. Your sense of direction is impeccable as usual. And, of course, welcome to my new home. Much warmer than what I'm used to. Apparently I'm an artist that's provided for by my 'father', or at least that's what the past memories of this body are telling me. Using my ice powers to sculpt is rather fun, actually, and..."
>Oh dear, here we go.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2012, 01:25:51 AM »
>It's been a while since we've gotten to actually hear her ramble about something that actually pleases her though, and isn't just off-topic ramblings.
>Besides, she never got to sculpt in Lordran, did she? Who knows, we might pick up a few new ideas for magic in the doing.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #101 on: December 04, 2012, 06:17:01 AM »
>It's been a while since we've gotten to actually hear her ramble about something that actually pleases her though, and isn't just off-topic ramblings.
>Besides, she never got to sculpt in Lordran, did she? Who knows, we might pick up a few new ideas for magic in the doing.

>You just stand there and smile. Might as well let her.
>Might be an interesting application. White Dragon Breath did create a line of crystals, but they're short enough to hop over; the real damage there was having the line of crystals go over you, growing on you as easily as it did on the floor.

>Suddenly, you hear the soft thud of armor. Both you and Priscilla are on edge immediately, turned towards the source of the sound: another Invader.
>Light armor, effective for how much it weighed. A long, twisting staff...no, spear. The Moonlight Butterfly Horn? A somewhat powerful weapon crafted from the soul of said butterfly, it's damage was entirely magic and proved useful to you for a while before you improved your dexterity and strength more. And...a Catalyst in the left hand. The Tin Crystallization Catalyst. At the cost of halving the number of casts for your spells, it was the most powerful of all the catalysts. And...the Crown of Dusk. An amplifier of magic, both in and out. Spells used and spells taken would prove extremely potent with that on.
>This guy simply rises from his roll, probably from over the fence, and bows deeply.
>...Wait...
>He reaches into a pocket and quickly consumes something; a soft green glow covers him. Green Blossom, a bitter herb that improves stamina recovery...
>This guy...he's for real. He's not invading, he's asking for a duel.
>And then he raises his catalyst into the air...and casts Pursuers. Five pitch black orbs float silently around him, ready to be launched at the nearest hostile.

>You...you smile. This guy knows what he's doing.
>Priscilla must sense it too, as she does nothing. "Shall I let you handle this one, good knight?" Actually, she seems a bit amused.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:21:09 AM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

GuyYouMetOnline

  • Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2012, 06:36:26 AM »
>"Make sure nobody else inturrupts, would you?"

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2012, 08:30:31 AM »
>"Make sure nobody else inturrupts, would you?"

>She courteously bows out without a word. A bright, cloudy light surrounds the yard, barring all exit and entry.

>You swap out your shield for Logan's Catalyst and quickly cast your own set of Crystal Homing Soulmass, followed by Crystal Magic Weapon. The Balder Side Sword is wreathed in crystal once more.
>He bows again; an action you mirror.

>Chivalry was odd in Lordran. Sometime Invaders just wanted a good fight. This guy...well, seems like he's one.
>Fine by you then.
>He handsprings towards you and brings his weapon down in a diagonal swing. You slip out of the way with a roll of your own and deflect the followup lunge with your shield, wincing under the surge of soul energies that travel up your arm. Even if blocked, that Butterfly Horn is dangerous...
>Both sets of satellite spells fire off in the meanwhile, colliding with each other and canceling the other out, the straight trajectories of your Soulmass versus the curved ones of his Pursuers. A surprise...and not just to you. The Invader seems somewhat confused as well. That's never happened.
>You weave and roll out of the way as he forces the distance between you two with the Butterfly Horn's superior range. Can't take too many blocked hits either; same result in the end. In that case...

>Once again you swap out your shield for your Catalyst, this time bringing it up to cast a Dark Bead. A row of pitch black orbs blast out, covering the area in front of you in a fan shape.
>He smartly rolls backwards to avoid it, as you aimed at the floor. Aiming straight for him would let him roll under, which would be problematic.
>The roll forces even more distance between you.
>Perfect. A Crystal Soul Spear flies, forcing him this time to roll to the side. That brings him closer to the fence...
>White Dragon Breath. A row of crystals races along the floor, corralling him even closer.

>And in the split moment that he's recovering from the repeated evasions, you charge in without even swapping your catalyst out.
>He throws out another piercing attack, but you predicted that desperation move!
>Your catalyst flies out, slapping the Butterfly Horn aside and leaving him wide open. The shock up your arm again is no matter when you riposte, sending your blade clean through his abdomen.

>A good strategy, in the end. Spacing with the Moonlight Butterfly Horn, waiting for an error in movement, then punishing. But that strategy had a very specific range that it worked at, and you simply countered by staying away rather than futilely try to get close. What kind of crazy man tries to get away from a spear user instead of get closer, anyway?
>He melts away into a Bloodstain as you release your blade from the confines of his gut.

>Clapping is heard as the cloudy light disappears. "Well done, good knight. But I assume that isn't the last of them, from what you were saying."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:32:10 AM by Amra »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Kasu

  • Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2012, 02:16:16 PM »
> "Yeah."
> Is there anywhere nearby that might be better for privacy and terrain?
> Either way, head back to Priscilla.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

GuyYouMetOnline

  • Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2012, 03:23:53 PM »
>Gather up the souls he left behind.

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2012, 04:16:34 PM »
>And make a nod to him as we do so. Gotta respect the guy for having some measure of chivalry after all. "I gotta admit, that guy knew what he was doing. But who'd try to move away from a Lancer? That's so crazy even I wouldn't try it, which says quite a lot about it."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
> "Yeah."
> Is there anywhere nearby that might be better for privacy and terrain?
> Either way, head back to Priscilla.

>In town? Not really. Maybe an empty lot, maybe an empty warehouse or whatever. A shipping yard off the highway? No clue.
>Priscilla smiles as you come back to her, sword resting on your shoulder.

>Gather up the souls he left behind.

>After you pick up the souls, of course. Quite a considerable amount; combined with the poor sap from earlier, more than enough to start working back towards peak capacity.
>...Are they trying to feed you souls?
>...that's an interesting possibility. Maybe they, whoever 'they' are, want you back to full strength?

>And make a nod to him as we do so. Gotta respect the guy for having some measure of chivalry after all. "I gotta admit, that guy knew what he was doing. But who'd try to move away from a Lancer? That's so crazy even I wouldn't try it, which says quite a lot about it."

>You do so and say that with a bit of irony. After all, he was the lancer in this case and you were the crazy idiot who decided to keep distance from him.
>Priscilla simply bursts out laughing. "You joke more, good knight!" She plants her scythe into the floor and holds her sides, nearly folding over from laughter. "It doesn't suit you at all, and yet it truly does!"
>Well, you have been cracking more jokes since you got back home.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2012, 07:33:01 PM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well, it just feels natural to joke like this while I'm like this. I have to say, that fellow you iced earlier? Terrible time for him to come apart like that, wouldn't you say? But I suppose he knew he needed to 'split'."
>Aaaah, puns. They're bad, but good. And it's a rare occasion we get to make her crack up like this after all.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2012, 08:09:00 AM »
>Chuckle a bit. "Well, it just feels natural to joke like this while I'm like this. I have to say, that fellow you iced earlier? Terrible time for him to come apart like that, wouldn't you say? But I suppose he knew he needed to 'split'."
>Aaaah, puns. They're bad, but good. And it's a rare occasion we get to make her crack up like this after all.

>And now she's really folded over in laughter. "I beg of you, cease this foolery!" she manages, somehow.
>A bit passes. You have to admit, her laughter sweeps you up pretty quickly.
>But everything ends sooner or later. Silence comes over the both of you.

>"How many more?" she asks, picking up her scythe. The sight of the thing still gives you shivers.
>You shake your head. No clue there.
>"Any idea when?"
>Another shake.
>"Why?"
>One last one.

>Simply put, neither of you know anything. Tch. That's never helpful.
>She sighs and pulls back a strand of hair. "Have you any clue if there is someone else who may have an inkling, good knight?"
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Kasu

  • Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2012, 05:29:05 PM »
> Ah. She doesn't know about that guy we met does she?
> Better tell her about him and how he seemed to know about the situation.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2012, 05:43:06 PM »
>"Hmm...I'm not sure. There might be someone, but I haven't the foggiest on how to contact him."
>He probably would know, wouldn't he? Given his behaviors.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #112 on: December 08, 2012, 12:10:13 AM »
> Ah. She doesn't know about that guy we met does she?
> Better tell her about him and how he seemed to know about the situation.
>"Hmm...I'm not sure. There might be someone, but I haven't the foggiest on how to contact him."
>He probably would know, wouldn't he? Given his behaviors.

>One of her eyebrows raises slightly. "Oh? Do elaborate."
>You do so, and bear witness to her brow slowly furrowing as you exposit.
>Once you finish, she reaches behind her. "Tell me good night, did that second knife look like my own dagger?"
>Slender ivory with a woven hand guard. As beautiful as the last time you saw it, though this time she gives you a chance to really look at it. And, like her Scythe, just glancing at it fills you with a sense of dread, a fear for your life.
>"...Yes," you respond. "It looked different, but it's definitely a similar feeling."

>You couldn't quite identify it last time, but when you saw that man's longer blade it seemed...odd. Disjointed. Separate.
>Priscilla hums in thought. "Beings who embody concepts, like myself and 'death', often times obtain weapons and tools that embody said concepts as much as we do. I suppose Gwyn wielded a blade of flame?" she asks. You nod. "That would be his. My scythe and dagger are mine own; perhaps he is something similar. As to what he may embody...well, you say he moved instantly from place to place? Perhaps speed. Movement? Flight? No, if it was flight he'd have wings of some sort..."
>She starts up again, but this time it's pretty relevant.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #113 on: December 08, 2012, 12:16:59 AM »
>let's let her have at it then.
>"Since it was disjointed, and separate....Maybe something like Dimensions perhaps? I can't imagine how that could be possible though, but it's an option."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

  • Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #114 on: December 08, 2012, 12:41:08 AM »
> "And if not dimensions, what about time?"

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2012, 09:01:27 AM »
>let's let her have at it then.
>"Since it was disjointed, and separate....Maybe something like Dimensions perhaps? I can't imagine how that could be possible though, but it's an option."
> "And if not dimensions, what about time?"

>"Perhaps, perhaps, it's all possible. There's really nothing that this is limited to, and it's certainly possible that he might embody one of those-"
>"Got a good head on your shoulders after all. Good guesses."
>!!!

>Priscilla's cloudy light barrier rises, enclosing the back yard once more. Both of you are immediately on edge, weapons drawn and ready to strike.
>Him again. With both hands in his pockets, you and Priscilla could conceivably jump him before he could even react, but there's confidence in that relaxed posture of his.
>"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Crossbreed Priscilla of the Lifehunt," he greets, bowing with a flourish. "I came here to ensure that you'd be safe considering the numerous dimensional intrusions that just occurred, but it seems your friend has that covered. Not that he really needed to." He points a thumb towards the fence and smirks. "Quite the finisher, I'd say. Never seen someone split quite that fast."

>"I already made that joke," you say, twitching. He grins.
>"Ah, my bad."
>"Who are you, clock-keeper?" Priscilla says suddenly. There's...there's fear there. She's afraid.
>This guy is no joke, and from what she said then...he's a time manipulator?
>He simply bows again. "You figured that out quite quickly," he states, mirth in his voice.
>"We dwellers of Lordran are particularly sensitive to time, clock-keeper. It's for that reason that my knight here could even notice your blatant intrusion into the timeflow, along with being the reason I could react fast enough to now trap you here; tell me, you can stop time, can't you? Amongst other things."

>Manipulating time, beyond out right reversing it, wouldn't help him if he was trapped in a box. Smart of Priscilla. The only problem is if he decides to get violent...

>The clock-keeper, as Priscilla calls him, smiles. "Indeed." That's all he says before looking off in the distance. "You're not letting me go until I answer you, aren't you?" he asks, glancing at the cloudy light. Priscilla nods.
>Laughter. Pure laughter. "Alright, alright. I can't hurt either of you, too important, and really should've been more careful about revealing myself. Ah well. So what do you want to ask?" He accepts his folly with courtesy and grace.

Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #116 on: December 08, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
>Look to Priscilla. "Leave this to me, I'll let you ask a few questions once I'm done....Provided that what I intend to ask doesn't already cover what you plan to."
>Chuckle in that typically wry way of ours.
>"First off, What's been going on with these dimensional intrusions? And how many of those Invaders appeared?! I lost track after the first five alerts, on account of how surprising it was."
>"And secondly, there's the matter of Bonfires. Remember how I said I wasn't at my best earlier? Well, without a specific sort, I can't use the souls I've accumulated to do so."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

  • Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #117 on: December 08, 2012, 03:30:40 PM »
> "Also it'd kinda be nice to know your name."

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Amraphenson

  • The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • *
  • ...well, I am too!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #118 on: December 09, 2012, 12:51:21 AM »
>Look to Priscilla. "Leave this to me, I'll let you ask a few questions once I'm done....Provided that what I intend to ask doesn't already cover what you plan to."
>Chuckle in that typically wry way of ours.
>"First off, What's been going on with these dimensional intrusions? And how many of those Invaders appeared?! I lost track after the first five alerts, on account of how surprising it was."
>"And secondly, there's the matter of Bonfires. Remember how I said I wasn't at my best earlier? Well, without a specific sort, I can't use the souls I've accumulated to do so."
> "Also it'd kinda be nice to know your name."

>"Izayoi. Mackenzie Izayoi. Elegant and Imperfect Butler. Seven years ago I was involved in a little interdimensional adventure of my own, and since then I've been watching the worlds, trying to protect this one from any intruders. Myself and several coworkers," he corrects. "I can't travel them myself, without another's help, but with the ability to manipulate time comes the ability to manipulate space. How else would I see and hear and breath if time was stopped?"
>"In any case, you two and various others have been the first travelers in a while. The red phantoms seem to be puppets of something larger, something which I speculate may be the thing that sent you and brought you back in the first place. In terms of numbers, I'm not entirely sure myself. There was a massive swarm of them, and it was impossible to count them all."
>"As for bonfires, I'm not sure. I know what happened to you in Lordran, but some of the details still confuse me. How exactly did you stay sane after dying to Gwyn so many times? How did you even kill him to begin with?"
>Mackenzie smiles. "Good to see our rematch is still on your mind."

>A sigh. "You scare me, you know. In terms of statistics, if an outcome has even a fraction of a chance of happening, the chances of it succeeding after multiple attempts begin to rise exponentially. You're an embodiment of that. You can literally throw yourself at a problem until it simply folds under the sheer pressure of chance. You, and all the other Chosen Undead that have returned, don't die when you're killed, in short, and that's simply terrifying." A shake of his head. "You have to understand our concerns when about a dozen of you suddenly returned from that place, emancipated from several years of inaction or no."
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hanzo K.

  • White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Dark Quest ~ What happens to the Hollow?
« Reply #119 on: December 09, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »
>"I doubt that I'll be much of a danger really. I think that I was one of the quieter ones."
>Then smirk slightly. "But who's to say that I didn't go mad? You'd be surprised what you can do when the limitations of common sense no-longer mean much. I suppose you might say that's how I pulled it off in the end."
>Make an especially pointed look in Priscilla's direction as we say that. She knows what we're talking about after all!
>"....But that bit about the Invaders is quite troubling....Merely puppets....? But the most recent one I defeated actually had some measure of chivalry, in that it specifically wanted a direct duel. Unlike many others who simply desired to fight."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure