Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires  (Read 211427 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread XVII: Chase Your Desires
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2012, 10:48:32 PM »
Fifth phase - God help us it's random.
D:

Posting in this thread to remind myself to check back for more of Zil regulating this bitch.

Also, I captured a spell card.
eb: there should be a shmup that is sort of like podd minus the versus shit
eb: you go dodging semirandom things then it goes WARNING GET OUT OF THE WAY MOTHERFUCKER and you get a shitstorm
KB: and there is no way out of the way
eb: the way is through

« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2012, 11:08:36 PM »
Because I got kinda pissed over how badly I fared on LLS Extra, I decided to come back a few hours later when I had cooled my head and gave it another go. I used safestates to get everything down and it took pretty much no time to nail all of the attacks in the game. Gengetsu had two attacks that took one attempt to work out and the rest fell quite easily. Imagine that.

It helps when you get more accustomed to the controls, hitbox and stuff so that you don't die on easy dodging. I also spent some time figuring out how to handle the end stage bit so that shouldn't offer too much trouble from now on. Now watch as I'll start complaining about how there is no good Reimu in this game. Not that that became a standard before EoSD.

Seriously, wide shot takes forever to kill things and search shot is well... it's homing which is reason enough not to like it. Maybe I should go perfect that Extra stage. Shouldn't be too bad to do.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2012, 12:12:16 AM »
No good Reimu in LLS? LLS ReimuA seems slightly overpowered to me. Probably because it was the first homing Reimu shot and ZUN hadn't yet decided to weaken it to compensate for the, well, homing.

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:50 AM »
Huh. Let's be honest here then: I didn't actually test her but as soon as I saw that she had search and wide options I assumed that homing would be bad so I tried out wide which was good for the stage but bad for bosses since everything takes forever to kill with her.

If search shot is truly powerful though I might use that then. I prefer shots that are straight forward and powerful but I don't like using Marisa (even though I did practice some Illusion laser Marisa and she seemed to be pretty neat but I don't like how the laser keeps turning on and off. I'd like a consistent and constant damage output from it but that's only a minor complaint. I'm fine with using her for Extra.

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2012, 01:23:25 AM »
I finally beat Mamizou!
Ugh, the animated bullets + bomb really slowed down the game though - 5.1% slow

Also, I beat TD on normal no deaths.
That run also happened to be my first try because I'm a perfectionist.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2012, 02:31:33 AM »
I ALSO beat Mamizou.

Since I have no replay to show, you can decide whether I'm just talking out of my ass or whether I speak the truth.

See the rage thread for a reason as to why I have no replay.

Fuck you Mamizou, I have won and I can prove it!

Replay!

This was a REALLY GOOD RUN, to boot!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:09:55 AM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2012, 04:44:56 AM »
I ALSO beat Mamizou.

Since I have no replay to show, you can decide whether I'm just talking out of my ass or whether I speak the truth.

See the rage thread for a reason as to why I have no replay.

Fuck you Mamizou, I have won and I can prove it!

Replay!

This was a REALLY GOOD RUN, to boot!
Congrats on beating it again with a replay, well deserved after what happened with the game crashing before.  :)
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2012, 05:27:17 AM »
Speaking of which, is anyone able to record replays for me? My computer kinda hates me.

Enjoy.

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2012, 05:32:26 AM »
Speaking of which, is anyone able to record replays for me? My computer kinda hates me.
As long as your game version is 1.00c, I'm willing to do it.

Give me an hour (that's a high estimate, it should be quicker than that). I'll send you a good quality video that you can upload through PM.

EDIT: And done.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 09:22:29 AM by Malkyrian »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2012, 05:44:48 AM »
As long as your game version is 1.00c, I'm willing to do it.

Give me an hour (that's a high estimate, it should be quicker than that). I'll send you a good quality video that you can upload through PM.

It's 1.00c, I can assure that.

Enjoy.

« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2012, 09:39:58 AM »
Timed out EX Kogasa's first card.

Inexplicably took me only one try, which consisted of wall to wall "if I wasn't Reimu I'd be so dead right now".

Also lasted 40 seconds into Guerilla Typhoon. Not going to try it again, because my eyes didn't recover until Danmaku Chimera.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2012, 10:14:02 AM »
The above inspired me to try pacifying the stage portion. ... ^_^ That didn't go so well. At least I perfectly pacified everything before Kogasa (NF until the part with the UFO fairies... that's kind of hard to do NF).

Guerilla Typhoon should be easier than her first card. Well, at least that's how it is for me, anyway.

« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2012, 10:37:23 AM »
Pretty much perfected Gengetsu. One death on the streaming phase. I dunno what went wrong there.  :V Still, progress! Now to perfect both the stage, Mugetsu and Gengetsu all in one run. Will likely take some time before I get that done. I'll also have to find out how to record PC98. Heard there's some issues with that.

EDIT: Guerilla Typhoon timeout. Essentially no-focus too. I don't think that makes it a whole lot harder though. 2 attempts btw. Also got an almost Perfect Nue with the only miss being on Snake Show.

Yes I'm serious. It's only been two hours since I woke up from my sleep so that might've had something to do with it.

EDIT: Video of Guerilla Typhoon + Ephemerality 137 because why not
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 04:06:46 PM by Zengeku »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »
I caught another Lunatic Spell. This time it's Reimu's Border World "Hakurei Danmaku Bounded Field". :toot:

I think it's funny how I took 10 tries to get it in Spell Practice today when I caught on my first try in Stage Practice last night. :V

Replay: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22818

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TAdhInPVWk

I'm posting links to both because I like giving you guys options! :3
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

redlakitu

« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2012, 05:35:41 PM »
Milky Way timeout:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22821

I really hate this spell, so timing it out was rather satisfying.

« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »
Guerilla Typhoon should be easier than her first card. Well, at least that's how it is for me, anyway.
It should be, in theory. In practice, trying to follow the bullets in fullscreen just melts my eyes. I physically cannot follow the card after 30 seconds or so; that I lasted ten more was pretty much dumb luck.

Plus I don't play UFO often to begin with, since I'm one of those people who think the UFO system is fundamentally broken beyond repair. I should not be entering Nue with a 2/3 stock when my only death was on Guerilla Typhoon, ffs.

EDIT: Actual accomplishment!

Timed out Archimedes' Pump, aka Naruko's bullshit waves card on Hard.

For those who haven't tried Marine Benefit Hard, this thing has no right at all to not be on Lunatic. Harder than the Lunatic version and overwhelmingly the hardest thing in MB Hard. And on Stage 2, of all places.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:42:45 PM by Malkyrian »

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2012, 10:55:15 PM »
For those who haven't tried Marine Benefit Hard, this thing has no right at all to not be on Lunatic.
qft for truth

Part of the reason why I love MB is that it has a lot of really weird cards I haven't seen anything like in the main games.  What's next?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2012, 12:02:30 AM »
TD Extra Clear!

Thank you Malkyrian for recording this for me.

The spells I did not capture were Monstrous School, Wild Deserted Island, and Stupid Miko's False Exorcism. The only nonspell I didn't capture, I died to in an incredibly stupid way that also took away the ability to call this a NoDeath run.  :colonveeplusalpha:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:07:17 AM by Ace »

Enjoy.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2012, 12:50:53 AM »
went back to PCB today, decided to do an extra run out of nowhere just now and whaddaya know, cleared on the first shot with a fairly good end stock of 4/4(using sakuya, I count like probably max 3 bombs used all game?) which could have been 5/5 if a bullet in Descent of Izuna Gongen didn't decide to clip me after my bomb D: (and this time I actually tried to not use the safespot, got down to about less than an inch of HP left before I bombed)

Good to know I've still got some skill here :V may not compare as well to all of you xD but my friends don't even hold a candle up to me

« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2012, 03:03:48 AM »
Just one more run before the Olympics... One more...

AND BOOM! SA Lunatic 1cced! Two deaths to Ten Evil Stars? I don't care because I finally did it! Definitely took the longest out of all the Lunatics I've attempted thus far. Honestly, Okuu is a ridiculously easy final boss, all things considered. The biggest hindrances to a 1cc for SA are Satori and Orin lol. In the end, I just cheesed the hell out of Orin with tons of bombs :V. But whatever! It's done! Yay!

EoSD, I have my eye on you...

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2012, 04:07:19 AM »
Well, I just cleared EoSD Extra for the first time. 10 captures, 1 death-bomb and 3 deaths.
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/3850/eosdexclear.png
(it says 4 deaths but apparently death-bombs count towards that)

Was perfect up until Catadioptric where I had my first death. Then I death-bombed at 02 seconds remaining on the survival and then had 2 deaths to Q.E.D.

I'm quite happy with it despite the terrible score but I think I'll try to go for a better run. Would like no bombs and 12 captures. Though now that I've cleared it I don't think it'll happen.

Replay, because why not?: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22833

Oh, and big thanks to Drake for kicking my ass in gear and to Cactu and Mikkey for their NDNB clears that helped a lot with Royal Flare, Maze of Love, the survival and parts of the stage.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:17:19 AM by Massaca »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2012, 05:33:50 AM »
Because I felt like it.

NoVert NoFocus Timeout of Card 115, Sixth Duel "Tanuki's Monstrous School" just to show how pathetic the card really is.

In one try.

Now let's do that shit at the top of the screen
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:46:33 AM by Ace »

Enjoy.

« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2012, 06:28:58 AM »
Timed out Undefined Darkness.

Now that I've timed out the card I was going after, I can go back to utterly ignoring UFO's existence.

Massaca

• すやぁ...
« Reply #113 on: July 28, 2012, 07:51:15 AM »
Was debating on whether or not to put this in the lucky dodges thread.
Timed out Flan's Cranberry Trap on my first attempt. Got pretty lucky with it though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpYVbk5F7Q8
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22843

Nothing else to see really, on the same run I proceeded to fail a timeout of Laevateinn with one death close to the beginning cause I forgot how the laser and bullets work. And after that failed to timeout Four of a Kind with a death about halfway and then at the exact moment it ended. Lost my last life during Kagome, Kagome at 26 seconds left. Don't care too much though, I got what I wanted from it.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2012, 09:16:58 AM »
Captured Eau-de-Vie, Megumi's 3rd card from MB. The card of hers I expected to capture last turned out to be the first. <_<
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2012, 09:52:00 AM »
Well, they are old, but still. those are the greatest things I have done :v

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21652 my first 1cc lunatic in MoF
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=21978 first 1cc lunatic SA clear
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=22816 a 1cc 10D clear. not the first, but it's so much better than every other 1cc I had in this game.

Yeah, that's it. I have yet to clear any other game on lunatic. though, sort of working on it...

sad that the greatest things done are measly 1cc :v

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
Remember my NoVertical NoFocus TopScreen timeout of Tanuki's Monstrous School? Yeah, I did it again. At 90FPS.

Replay

It took 180 attempts exactly to do THIS.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:10:10 PM by Ace »

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2012, 05:28:29 PM »
I kept failing random stuff in Touhou, so I went to play Marine benefit.
I picked hard, MarisaB. 1 bomb Stage 1, 1 bomb Stage 2, perfect Stage 3, only 1 death to the last card of Stage 4, 1 death to Stage 5 (2 bomb survival card!), 5 deaths to Stage 6.  Cleared 4/3.

Oh, and Seiga/Malkyrian, I captured that spell you guys were asking for help for in the help thread.

« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2012, 07:21:35 PM »
Futo's second spell card timeout on lunatic + stay over Futo challenge. Favourite spell card from TD by far. I also made a capture of Nue's second while staying above her to see how it was (needed 50 tries to do it :ohdear:).
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2012, 07:29:05 PM »
So i've just 1CCd SA normal... With Marisa B, using water sign only, cause it's the most useful one. Ended 0/2 because of not enough Utsuho practice >_< Other than that it went pretty good. Gotta go for no bombs run soon.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear