Author Topic: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns  (Read 228455 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: League of Legends Thread 6 - now with 1200% more Nerf guns
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2012, 04:56:48 AM »
Mmmm, sweet delicious elo.  Two great games tonight with a friend (7/0/6 Swain and 9/4/9 Morde) brings me back up to 1281.

God damn those were fun.  Highlights included me laughing my head off on Skype while curbstomping this Ziggs, and the part where four of them jumped my friend (Varus) and Nunu in bottom lane.  My friend gets a triple kill and Nunu nabs the last one.

Gooooooood stuff.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2012, 05:55:37 AM »
I've seen like 10 different Touhou related names in the past 2 days...none of them on that list though.

Riven top is such a pain to deal with, especially when your jungler gives her FB...

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2012, 06:06:10 AM »
I wonder what the update for wards going from 3 hp to 5 is supposed to do for them. Save them from random minion aggro? No, that wouldn't help, because minions deal far more than 5 damage at relative-level 1.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2012, 06:10:30 AM »
Stop people from killing them during that ~2 seconds of vision you have when they're placed?

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #124 on: June 17, 2012, 06:36:52 AM »
Stop people from killing them during that ~2 seconds of vision you have when they're placed?

^

Although it could be a nerf to supports in disguise.  Since the supports are the ones usually running around counter warding all day long (and sometimes junglers), the 3 hits ---> 5 hits is significant.  those extra 2 seconds could easily allow an enemy to come and disrupt the counter-warding process in time.

Don't lynch me.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #125 on: June 17, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »
Oh. I didn't know wards only took 1 damage. That explains a lot now, actually.

« Reply #126 on: June 17, 2012, 04:43:28 PM »
Oddly enough you can lifesteal full dmg off them though, it's just any hit they take is reduced to 1.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #127 on: June 17, 2012, 06:37:27 PM »
I've seen like 10 different Touhou related names in the past 2 days...none of them on that list though.

Riven top is such a pain to deal with, especially when your jungler gives her FB...

a lot of them hang out in the touhou chat room

I wonder what the update for wards going from 3 hp to 5 is supposed to do for them.

nothing, actually. that's the most obvious reason the notes are fake

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
Welp, played my placement games:

Won 5, lost 5.

The games I lost were due to the following:

1: Botlane feeding. I was winning mid as Ryze until the 11/0 MF from botlane came up.
2: 'I'll carry' says Ezreal. Builds some weird hybrid build with Gunblade, Manamune, Deathcap, Archangel's and other AP items. Needless to say he had no damage.
3: A legitimate loss I think. Can't recall went WRONG that game so it couldn't have been a bad game, although I do recall losing the nexus towers because my team decided to chase while 3 inhibs were down and Malphite can't clear super creeps brilliantly.
4: Lastpick picks Caitlyn when we need support. Lee Sin demands to go botlane with Caitlyn, forceing Urgot top, 2v1 because the other team had no jungler. Mid feeds, bot feeds, top feeds. None of them have any map awareness:

I go to gank top while they're at Urgot's tower. Urgot has Ult. He ignores me, lets them kill me, then goes in, and swaps when he's on 300 HP and not at his tower anymore.

After top is down, Fed Fiora and Sion try to kill me after getting red. I get to mid, between the two towers. Kennen is at the tower, not far at all. He has Ultimate. He ignores them, and lets them kill me and run along without getting stunned between two turrets and getting double killed. <_<

5: I firstpick Lulu because the 11/0 MF is in the game on my team. She picks MF. Then we get a Fiora toplane. Then a Kassidin mid. Then last pick picks Xin Zhao and announces him and Kassidin are botlane. Kassidin lets out some intelligiable moonrune-like language. Me and MF are basically forced midlane because Fiora wants top still. We have no jungler, they have Amumu. None of our team has escapes.

The only english Kassidin said the whole game was accuseing me of feeding as Lulu when I was 0-5-12, and a lot of my deaths were from saveing people's butts. [Not to mention he had an even worse score, and had LESS THAN 20 CS and was TWO LEVELS BELOW ME. WHEN I WAS SUPPORT.]

I came out of placement with 1203 ELO [Hey, that's above average!] and a high of 1275. [Hey, I coulda been bronze if not for trolls!]

Oh, my LOL name is Raikaria; and I'm EUW.

Also my ranked KDA as Kog'Maw is 27:1. Nerf plz.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 09:25:23 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #129 on: June 17, 2012, 09:45:30 PM »
Jesus that comeback

never let froggen go bird

ever

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
Jesus that comeback

never let froggen go bird

ever

Wait, what happened?

Besides generic Froggeniva ownage.

I guess M5 v CLG.

Still, I love it when people don't ban Aniva against Froggen, thinking they can take Froggeniva.

I can imagine it in solo Q. They see the other team firstpick Aniva, and are like 'k we can counter her'.

*Loading screen*

OH NO FROGGEN

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »
CLG was losing like 2-15 and was down almost 30000 gold because M5 got every baron and dragon

Then they just... didn't do anything with it. They had no hard initiates on their team and CLG had Ali, Soraka, and of course Froggenivia preventing them from getting an inhibitor. Eventually I think Karth got caught by an icewall and then everyone dived in. CLG aced M5 and then things suddenly went way uphill for them from there

next time ban froggen

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2012, 06:59:31 AM »
CLG was losing like 2-15 and was down almost 30000 gold because M5 got every baron and dragon

Then they just... didn't do anything with it. They had no hard initiates on their team and CLG had Ali, Soraka, and of course Froggenivia preventing them from getting an inhibitor. Eventually I think Karth got caught by an icewall and then everyone dived in. CLG aced M5 and then things suddenly went way uphill for them from there

next time ban froggen

Wait, M5 had an advantage and didn't press it?!

M5 are usually seen as masters of shutting the door. That said, it is nigh impossible to push when the other team has Aniva. I would have expected an Aniva ban.

Also, you can't ban out Froggen. There's Froggen's Orianna, Karthus and Arhi as well that he plays stupidly well. I think he plays a mean Morgana too. 3 bans is just not enough... just make sure you ban Aniva at least. [Or be like that other team... and firstpick Aniva and then start winning mid with her AGAINST Froggen [Commentators even said the irony of it]]

One of these days people will stop thinking 'we can take Froggeniva'. You can't. Stop trying. At least in tournerments with proizes and season 2 points. If you're gonna try to beat Froggeniva, do it in a scrim.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 07:03:06 AM by Raikaria »

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »
NA server was down yesterday. The new patch with the new artwork and also foxfire ahri got rolled back. I am sad :(.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #134 on: June 18, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
Oddly enough you can lifesteal full dmg off them though, it's just any hit they take is reduced to 1.
suddenly

trynd ph meta + someone feeds him with ora and enemy wards/teemoshrooms

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #135 on: June 18, 2012, 07:03:35 PM »
1: Botlane feeding. I was winning mid as Ryze until the 11/0 MF from botlane came up.
2: 'I'll carry' says Ezreal. Builds some weird hybrid build with Gunblade, Manamune, Deathcap, Archangel's and other AP items. Needless to say he had no damage.

could have carried these two if you had ganked more probably

Also my ranked KDA as Kog'Maw is 27:1. Nerf plz.

i've been saying kog is op for a long time.

hit level 9 and you can't trade with him ever

« Reply #136 on: June 18, 2012, 07:32:07 PM »

https://elobuff.com/events/2012-dreamhack-summer/champions

>87.5% win rate Kog

yep

also 81.82% on Sorararara

Corki 0% ahaha wow

« Reply #137 on: June 19, 2012, 09:22:03 AM »
One of my friends got me hooked onto this game. I'm still not that great, but I'm sneaking by. Username is Demonbman, imagine that. I usually play an AD Twisted Fate, and I have still yet to actually play a PVP.

Taboo

• FLY AWAY NOW FLY AWAY NOW
  • FLY AWAAAAAAAY
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »
AD Twisted Fate

why would you do t

and I have still yet to actually play a PVP.

carry on

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:44 AM »
could have carried these two if you had ganked more probably

The Ryze game I was against an Arhi. If I left lane, she would just go gank somewhere, and she had more pushing power than me. I had to stay in mid and basically shut her down.

The Ezreal game lasted like 50 mins. We lost simply due to Ez having no damage output.

https://elobuff.com/events/2012-dreamhack-summer/champions

>87.5% win rate Kog

yep

also 81.82% on Sorararara

Corki 0% ahaha wow

Well, we know who's getting nerfed and buffed on the Jayce patch  :V Irelia being in over half the games with a 70%+ ratio also suggests a nerf hammer for her, and of course Shen's 80%+, and maybe a Taric, Noctrune and Janna buff?

Because we all know Riot balance based on tournys quite often, something stomps tourny? Nerf.

---

Also, I'm a bit of a stat obsessor. Currently on EUW, the highest win ratio is RUMBLE, with a 2.22 W/L. Then you notice he's only been in 58 games yesterday, the 5th lowest.

Rumble stealth OP?

Across all servers Trundle is the least played. Poor Trundle.

[Also no-one plays Sejuani but she has a 1.6 W/L. XD]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 10:32:23 AM by Raikaria »

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #140 on: June 19, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »
why would you do t

carry on
There's nothing wrong with AD Twisted Fate?  Gold Card + Gate = surprising enemies for easy kills to help feed him.  He's got a passive that kinda acts as a steroid too, though it's not a huge one.  So... yeah?  I dunno, I can think of heroes with worse kits for attempting to go AD?

PC

• riot pls nerf trondamere
  • poultry shout too strong
« Reply #141 on: June 19, 2012, 02:21:26 PM »
one of my buddies plays her almost exclusively just to take advantage of the lack of competition eg he's never been boar lady and played against another boar lady 

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #142 on: June 19, 2012, 09:13:16 PM »
There's nothing wrong with AD Twisted Fate?  Gold Card + Gate = surprising enemies for easy kills to help feed him.  He's got a passive that kinda acts as a steroid too, though it's not a huge one.  So... yeah?  I dunno, I can think of heroes with worse kits for attempting to go AD?

his auto range is really short and previously his ad build was pretty much to be a split push gimmick, but the range nerf on his ult ages ago killed that

against people who know what they're doing, ad tf won't be able to cs without taking harass each time.

no one plays sejuani because she's basically a worse nautilus with a better ult

and also she's boring. like the soraka of jungling

« Reply #143 on: June 19, 2012, 11:19:23 PM »
Oh sweet free IP boost for everybody :toot:

gammaraptor

• i won't depend on anyone anymore
« Reply #144 on: June 20, 2012, 12:45:34 AM »
Oh sweet free IP boost for everybody :toot:

Yay! Can get my runes/another champ faster.

theshirn

« Reply #145 on: June 20, 2012, 02:40:11 AM »
16/6/10 Malphite top.

Why yes that was my first time playing Malphite so good of you to notice!

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #146 on: June 20, 2012, 02:45:53 AM »
Man I was watching that game and halfway through I was just yelling DIVE TOP TOWER IT HAS 1 HP IT'S BASICALLY A FREE INHIB JUST KILL IT ALREADY AAAAAAA

Also seeing how that mundo played he probably mains master yi

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #147 on: June 20, 2012, 02:51:14 AM »
*falls from the sky*
Getting into this game again. Summoner name is Margatroid Doll.
Been using Annie because I like to play the AoE/crowd control role, and so far she's the closest to what I want. I've been thinking of getting Amumu and Fiddlesticks, too, but probably Amumu first cause I think a melee AoE would be interesting. I tried Fiddlesticks in the free rotation, though, and really liked him. Any advice?
Time for me to quickly read through this thread, and I hope to see some of you ingame~
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

theshirn

« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2012, 03:11:17 AM »
Man I was watching that game and halfway through I was just yelling DIVE TOP TOWER IT HAS 1 HP IT'S BASICALLY A FREE INHIB JUST KILL IT ALREADY AAAAAAA

Also seeing how that mundo played he probably mains master yi
Yeah that top tower :colonveeplusalpha:

My friend (who was Mundo) is...not the best jungler.  I play with him a bunch and try to help him improve.

« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:35 AM »
Just got done playing my first PvP match, we lost, but it was a very close match. I played my AD Carry Twisted Fate, And the results were not that bad