Author Topic: Town must lynch the scum to death. (Chelsea and the 7Devils Mafia Game Over)  (Read 49590 times)

fun fact: i don't know if i already mentioned this, but i didn't realize eyes was shadoweh until n1. first half of d1 i thought she was hourai, second half i thought she was schezo

Dang 13 sages wasnt scum

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Quote from: scum QT post 19 by Serela
Clearly the third person is Raocow.

Because.
I was rereading the scum QT and oh god I didn't even remember saying this

I thought I just made some comment about the QT name being a reference

:getdown:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Night 2

Scum kill: Pope Cuckoobeater via Septentrion Pleiades (Success) (Killed!)
Scum rolecop: Selena Milfall (Result: Shiniwanabi)

Selena cop: Endymion (Result: Private Eye)
Baron mine: Pope Cuckoobeater + Detonate (Success!) (Killed!)
Cuckoobeater jail: El Bobomboi (Exploded! El Bobomboi killed!)
I was not expecting that.

Bard, why me? I was pretty far from getting lynched. If this is was a  result of subliminal N2 shenanigans via Shadoweh I don't even

e:
Quote from: Scum QT #91
Rolecop Cuckoobeater. Reason because I may be privileged to information that allows me to speculate he sent in an action.
:wat:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 01:44:40 PM by BT »

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
Modhax vision.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Blame Shadoweh.

I'm really looking forward to play again so I can improve my game based on what I learned this time around, but like I mentioned in IRC that probably won't happen until mid-July or so.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Knew I forgot something! This was the PM NNR got Night 1 about the post restriction.

Quote from: Kilgamayan
You have been hit with a posting restriction! For the next game day, you may post no more than 100 words in each of the three 24-hour intervals that make up a game day. (This effectively means 300 words for the day.) This count will be made by pasting the entire contents of any post you make into Microsoft Word and running the Word Count function, so quotes will be included. Note that Votes and unvotes do not count against this total. However, also note that you may not spam votes and unvotes in an attempt to work around this restriction and send messages. This means you may not vote and unvote more than once in any given post, and you may not make consecutive posts that contain nothing but a vote and/or an unvote. Hopefully the spirit of the game will kick in and I won't have to set too many more hard rules for this.

Good luck overcoming this restriction, and be careful of that word count. (Since this will likely cut into your post volume and thus possibly work against you in terms of avoiding prods, feel free to send me a PM at any time noting activity from you and I will count it as an in-thread post in terms of resetting your prod timer.)

The issue was that I only sent the PM to his game account instead of his real account, which meant he never received a PM alert. I thought modkilling based on 140 words and this mistake would have been super lame, so he got to survive with 60 word for hours 25-48.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Yeah, I should make a habit of going in and enabling PM alerts whenever I get an anonyaccount. Since anyone without any power that would make them expect a PM may not think of checking for them, they can be pretty easy to miss sometimes.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Oh. My only issue is that despite receiving the PM for the best girl in C7D I still have no idea what she looks like. I am severely disappoint.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Kilgamayan

• True

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
He had a 50/50 chance of targetting scum you know ;_;

Graveyard confirmation bias is not as funny when it's aimed at you. <_< I find it interesting that people went in thinking I was town, read huh what and Dormio's speeches on me and then everyone is wondering why I'm not lynched yet. I don't think I deserve commendations but I am fairly sure I don't deserve that much hate either.

I really liked my role. Night talking is like having a QT that everyone can see so you can straighten out your own thoughts, without the pressure of worrying if someone is going to cut in with no and u suk. Since you're the only one posting people have nothing better to do then read you. :V

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
I followed this game.  And couldn't indentify Conq until the very end when he started to use smiley faces (conq scum tell!)

I thought the cat was scum D1, but by D2 Serela made herself obvious scum soooo. After that I thought the gaint eye was scum (based entirely on 'guize I think obv-scum serela could be newb-town') followed by pope.  Pesco was at the back of mind but I didn't think he was as scummy as a few others. 

For the record, shadoweh was obv-town.  really obv-town.  I thought Schezo was town after he replaced in (I thought he was Bard at first)

Don't lynch me.

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
I don't think I deserve commendations but I am fairly sure I don't deserve that much hate either.
Towards the end, I was wondering whether you might be Serela. Even though the obv. Serela had already flipped days ago.
In other words, I think your play this game was... well, you get the idea. :V

the main reason i spent most of the graveyard hating on you was because, as i've said many times by now, the first half of your d2 consisted of active lurking and making no votes until a Lurker Prod of all things on somebody you didn't even think was scum about 24 hours in. that was terrible play, like, the kind you see from bad players who play in lazy communities that don't scumhunt. i didn't think the pyoa wagon redeemed it.

basically from ISOing your day 2 i can't tell who you think is scum until... actually i can't tell who you thought was scum at all, i can't even tell if you still thought joker and pyoa were scum at that point. were you playing the game?

people who don't make their suspects clear and wait until the end of the day to vote are scummy and very, very frustrating to play with, hence the :rage:

it does occur to me that you were busy but i'm not sure that's actually what caused this
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:27:35 AM by huh what »

alternately you might just want to consider that i'm good at working myself up over absolutely nothing and not take it personally. i still think the complaints about your play are valid though

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Considering that Shadoweh gets called for that sort of thing every game, the way she approaches the game needs to be rethought for people to stop thinking she's not scumhunting.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
it wasn't her day play that made her town, it was her reads N1 and N2, which is more important, at least during the day her votes were fine.

Still can't believe Conq fooled me with hiding his identity for so long.  I can't tell what time it is because I am in Greece which is like +7-8 hours from the east coast of the USA

Don't lynch me.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Obvtown people get NK'd N1 or just prior to LyLo and never get voted outside of jokevotes. Halloween Alice was the only one that fulfilled those conditions. A spectator thinking someone obvtown or obvscum isn't going to influence the game. If the players are getting misled by a townie being scummy, they have to up their game or get lynched.

Shadoweh

As long as you were on the team I would never get nightkilled Pesco :V And after Day 1 the people who were alive weren't being misled, except for the very end, and even then Schezo was able to make the right call. Dead people thinking I'm scummy post-death aren't going to affect the game either.

I'd say not being able to read caused it, but for the minutes when I did sit down I figured out the Nuko/Endymion argument was bad and then promptly forgot about it later. I should've followed through on my night stances instead of chickening out. I don't know how to get over this inaction rut. -_-

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Make yourself threatening enough then I'll have reason to kill you N1. Your suspects at the end of day1 don't show enough oomph that you're going to find scum and get them lynched no matter what anyone else comes up with. I wanted to kill Choker N2 because his posts sounded threatening enough to Conq's safety.

But in context, N1 kills target the most townie looking person in the game. N2 we had a power role that could hinder us, thus they took priority. By then, there were too many people with strong confirmations of being town. Counterwagons to scum and obvious targets of scum powers were better indications than daytime opinions. By NK value, you were pretty low compared to what the game state had going.

IMO if you act like town's win condition is to get nightkilled you need to reconsider your principles (not that you are in this conversation, but pesco drove the subject here)

if scum doesn't kill you then you have more chances to catch them and get them lynched. if you die then all you can do is rage at the game from the graveyard, which honestly isn't very fun

dying n1 loses its novelty after the second time or so

Kilgamayan

• True
That's only true if you keep giving a shit after you die.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
Lookit HW and his misrep.

If you are catching scum, you're worth killing because you're a threat to scum's win condition. If you are helping scum's win condition by 1) acting scummy, 2) not scumhunting, 3) drawing town's attention or 4) just being plain wrong with your suspects, there's no need to kill you.

Shadoweh

I don't think you should play to get nightkilled, but I do think you should play every day like it could be your last. Gotta get those opinions out there.