Author Topic: Mokou Crosses Over into Pokemon, The Text Adventure  (Read 278219 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Mokou Crosses Over into Pokemon, The Text Adventure
« Reply #960 on: June 29, 2012, 04:27:04 AM »
If it's up high, we probably won't be able to hit it with anything physical. However... "Myon, take that Golbat out with Shadow Punch! Dash, ember the bulbasaur again!"

> Myon's hands materialize behind the golbat and connects, knocking the Golbat out of the air. "Return," Kaguya declares.

> Ponyta attempts to ember the bulbasaur, and ends up tripping over itself. You suspect it hurt itself.

> With no target, Bulbasaur is currently whipping its vines wildly around. "Bulbasaur, wake up already and switch to razor leaf!" Kaguya commands, but it doesn't seem to hear her.

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #961 on: June 29, 2012, 04:52:00 AM »
>"Myon, finish the job with Shadow Ball!"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #962 on: June 29, 2012, 05:50:09 AM »
>"Myon, finish the job with Shadow Ball!"

> Myon throws a ball of black... ghostliness. It kind of looks like it spat up a part of itself, which is probably a pretty accurate description of how it makes the balls. Bulbasaur takes the attack head on.

> "Bulbasaur, return," Kaguya grumbles. "You got lucky. Next time'll be different..."

> You win 200 p. You now have 22,600 p.

> You now have a chance to look at your surroundings. There's about 5 trainers on deck, none of whom are Miror B. You're receiving some stares from two of them, most likely due to the stunt you pulled when you blew your own head off; one of them is carrying a whip and the other a briefcase. You notice a third guy with very thick glasses sitting down and nursing his head, probably due to the supersonic. And finally, a guy in a green dragon costume is arguing loudly with a fisherman over the merits of dive balls versus net balls, whatever those are.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #963 on: June 29, 2012, 06:39:27 AM »
>Go say 'hi' to the one with the whip. That seems like it's probably fairly unusual.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #964 on: June 29, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
>Go say 'hi' to the one with the whip. That seems like it's probably fairly unusual.

> "What the hell was that? You know, the part where you blew you're own head off and then it came back and... Are you some kind of magician? Holy crap that was something."

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #965 on: June 29, 2012, 04:36:10 PM »
Discussing our immortality has only gotten people confused. So let's just roll with it.

"The finest magician you've ever seen. And I'm pretty good with fire to boot. How about you?"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #966 on: June 29, 2012, 04:43:00 PM »
Discussing our immortality has only gotten people confused. So let's just roll with it.

"The finest magician you've ever seen. And I'm pretty good with fire to boot. How about you?"

> "...Um, right. I'm what you'd call a Pokemon tamer. A professional that helps trainers manage particularly unruly pokemon. I'm headed over to Sinnoh to work on a Steelix. So, um... how DID you do that trick? It was, well, surprisingly realistic."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #967 on: June 29, 2012, 04:58:11 PM »
>Grin. "Magicians never reveal the secrets to their tricks y'know. Besides, it's just a little parlor trick back home, Helps with hangovers and the like too, but let's just say that it takes a certain special something to be able to pull it off right."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #968 on: June 29, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »
>Grin. "Magicians never reveal the secrets to their tricks y'know. Besides, it's just a little parlor trick back home, Helps with hangovers and the like too, but let's just say that it takes a certain special something to be able to pull it off right."

> "Someone with an extremely thick skull," Kaguya adds. You throw her a glare.

> "Um... Alright then," the tamer says.

> You have about 3 and a half hours before you hit land. You can go back to fishing, mingle with trainers, or head to the ship's lounge or library to burn the time. You also wanted to look for a PC to drop off a few of your extra pokemon. You think Cirno should be alive by now.

> You can look into specific pokemon on your pokedex by type, location, attacks, etc.

>_

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #969 on: June 29, 2012, 07:59:55 PM »
>when was the last time we read?

>If for a very long time, then let's read this world's literature.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #970 on: June 29, 2012, 09:21:44 PM »
>when was the last time we read?

> Pretty recently. Some time in the last 3 years, at least.

>If for a very long time, then let's read this world's literature.

> Might as well.

> You leave Kaguya and head towards the library. You enter a small lounge lined with books. A lot of them look like nautical texts and maps, others seem to be distortions of books you have seen before. You peak at a text called "Moby-Dick; or, The Wailord", you aren't sure how the book got here in any form, but you suppose it makes as much sense as pokemon being both a reality and a video game.

> You see a book titled "Sinnoh Legends", and another one called "Ancient Unova myths." You also see a book from Professor Oak titled "A Beginner's Guide to Not Dying", on the back you see a small golden "Castelia Times Best Seller" award. There's also a copy of the Castelia Times on the table, the front page article titled "Riots Continue, 23 Detained."

>_

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #971 on: June 29, 2012, 09:24:05 PM »
> Check out that newspaper.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #972 on: June 29, 2012, 10:05:04 PM »
> Check out that newspaper.

> "Riots continued for the third straight day, with Plasma supporters and detractors brawling in the streets. The fight continued into the night with Burgh, the local gym leader, resorting to string shot to quell the rioters. Hundreds were injured, 2 were killed and 23 were detained. Outbreaks of violence continued throughout the night, and residents of Castelia are advised to remain indoors."

> You flip through the newspaper. Nimbasa beat Vermillion in the recent baseball game, pokeball sales have plummeted in Unova, 5 were killed in a turf war in Lilycove, Hoenn, and the investigation into Sinnoh's Lake Valor explosion is ongoing.

>_
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 10:07:24 PM by capt. h »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #973 on: June 29, 2012, 10:41:07 PM »
>...
>Who the hell would blow up a lake?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #974 on: June 29, 2012, 10:59:25 PM »
>...
>Who the hell would blow up a lake?

> You recall that you yourself used to enjoy blast fishing. It was an easy way to get a meal. Course, to turn a lake into a crater like the picture takes an unimaginable level of stupidity and excessive force, or if nothing else a spell gone horribly, horribly wrong.

> Yes, you admit there was that one lake, but it never happened again.

> "Due to suspicions that the bombers were Galactic employees, Galactic's president Cyrus has condemned the attack and Galactic is launching a full investigation into the incident. Cyrus had this to say, 'Team Galactic loves the Sinnoh region, that employees of this great organization would have anything to do with an attack on one of our landmarks is appauling. We offer our full support in ensuring that the people responsible are swiftly brought to justice.' Galactic was working on a controversial hydroelectric powerplant near Lake Valor, and the possibility that the attack is some form of eco-terrorism has not been ruled out."

>_
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 11:05:06 PM by capt. h »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #975 on: June 29, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
>"Sheesh, things are crazier here than they are back home."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #976 on: June 29, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »
>"Sheesh, things are crazier here than they are back home."

> Is it? Home is a pretty crazy kitchen sink.

> While you're still pondering this, the loud speaker activates, "This is your captain speaking. We will be docking in Lilycove in half an hour."

>_

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #977 on: June 29, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »
>Yeah, but nobody ever gets killed except for Us, Kaguya, and the Fairies. And we know how well that sticks.
>Ah well, let's meander back out onto the deck.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #978 on: June 29, 2012, 11:29:03 PM »
>Yeah, but nobody ever gets killed except for Us, Kaguya, and the Fairies. And we know how well that sticks.

> Death isn't THAT rare back home. Youkai extermination is a favored pastime of at least one shrine maiden.

>Ah well, let's meander back out onto the deck.

> You meander back onto the deck. You see the lights quickly approaching. Kaguya and Cirno are arguing over something, and that Miror B's afro is doing a good job of blocking the view. Within a few minutes, the boat reaches the docks, and stops.

> "We have arrived at Canalave. Please wait while final docking procedures are completed," the captain announces. You consider if there's anything you want to do or anyone you want to talk to before disembarking.

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #979 on: June 29, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »
>Maybe, but neither shrine maiden is likely to kill anything but a fairy.
>Push Kaguya into the water.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #980 on: June 30, 2012, 01:36:24 AM »
>Maybe, but neither shrine maiden is likely to kill anything but a fairy.
>Push Kaguya into the water.

> You overhear part of Kaguya and Cirno's argument.

> "But explosion's really good. And Geodude shouldn't have too much trouble learning it." Cirno says.

> "The last thing I want is a second bomb travelling with u-aaaaAAAAAA-" *Kersplunk*"

> "Oh, real mature Mokou!" you hear her yell, splashing about. "Bulbasaur, help me up already." You see a vine grab the ship's railing.

> "Hi again!" Cirno says. "It's good to be back. Now we can travel as a team again! And we can walk from island to island, on our pokemon journey, TOGETHER!"

>_

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #981 on: June 30, 2012, 01:45:01 AM »
>"Already got plans. Heading to Canalave, then going on an ass-kicking spree in Hoenn."
>Light the vine on fire.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #982 on: June 30, 2012, 02:05:30 AM »
>Light the vine on fire.

> You light the vine on fire. They retract quickly, and you hear a second splash.

> "OH YOU ASSHOLE," Kaguya yells. "YOU'RE GONNA GET SUCH A MURDERING WHEN I GET UP THERE."

>"Already got plans. Heading to Canalave, then going on an ass-kicking spree in Hoenn."

> "Can me and Kaguya come?" Cirno asks.

>_
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:07:08 AM by capt. h »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #983 on: June 30, 2012, 02:17:23 AM »
>Might be useful to have the little idiot. If nothing else, she'd make good bait for a distraction. Especially since she's dumb enought to do it willingly.
>"You, maybe. Kaguya, no."
>Keep an eye out for Kaguya's next attempt to get up. If she flies, whatever, but if it's something we can easily interfere with, then do so.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #984 on: June 30, 2012, 02:26:07 AM »
>Take a deep breath...

>Give a girlish horrir expression. "H-Help! She's gonna murder me!"

This is to attempt to arrest Kaguya :v

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #985 on: June 30, 2012, 02:31:41 AM »
>Take a deep breath...

>Give a girlish horrir expression. "H-Help! She's gonna murder me!"

> "Nice try missy," Miror B says. "I take it you two go back pretty far. Are your pranks always this... dangerous?"

>Might be useful to have the little idiot. If nothing else, she'd make good bait. Especially since she's dumb enought to act as bait willingly.

> True. She might be useful when she isn't annoying.

>"You, maybe. Kaguya, no."

> "Huh? But aren't you guys best friends? I mean, you're calling her all the time, playing pranks on eachother, battling eachother..."

>Keep an eye out for Kaguya's next attempt to get up. If she flies, whatever, but if it's something we can easily interfere with, then do so.

> This time she's holding onto her Golbat's leg, while the bat flies her up. "OH THANK GOD PLEASE TAKE HER-I mean, how dare you try to pry my incredibly useful traveling companion from me. It would be terrible for me if you were to take her away. Far, far away. Where I never have to see her again."

>_

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #986 on: June 30, 2012, 02:42:01 AM »
I know Kaguya would like it, and that's a very good reason not to do it, but... we should take Cirno with us. But in the meantime, let's explain to her: "No, Cirno, we do all that stuff because we really DON'T like each other. It's kind of complicated, so I don't expect you to understand it. A lot of people don't."

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #987 on: June 30, 2012, 02:56:26 AM »
I know Kaguya would like it, and that's a very good reason not to do it, but... we should take Cirno with us. But in the meantime, let's explain to her: "No, Cirno, we do all that stuff because we really DON'T like each other. It's kind of complicated, so I don't expect you to understand it. A lot of people don't."

> "Are you sure you don't like eachother? You sure seem to have lots of fun together!"

> You sigh.

> Kaguya lands on the deck, soaked. "Um, oh, darn you Mokou. Darn you for taking away the fairy."

> "You could come too!" Cirno suggests.

> "Um... No, no, I have places to be. Places that are elsewhere! That's right, elsewhere."

> "I could stay with you," Cirno says.

> Kaguya turns white. "NO! I mean, um, Mokou clearly needs your expertise more than me, and is a better traveling companion, I would be a horrible friend if I were to hold you back. That would be selfish. Go ahead and travel with Mokou."

> As you disembark the boat, you hear Kaguya cheering loudly. You head for a pokemon center that's just in sight of the harbor. There you drop off your pokemon. They keep Flint and Lighter until morning, which in theory should free up your Kingler and your Magikarp for use. They also keep Cirno's Explody. You pick up a Sinnoh town map.

> There's a PC next to the receptionist where you can reorganize your party. It is now 9:30 PM, you consider going to bed.

> This town has a gym, a harbor with access to any continent plus Iron Island, and a library. You heard Keine was doing research at that library. The town also has a shoping district and a drawbridge.

>_
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 03:03:38 AM by capt. h »

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #988 on: June 30, 2012, 03:11:45 AM »
> Do we know why some points are circled?
> Consider doing some recon regarding the gym.  The Library could probably wait until tomorrow.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #989 on: June 30, 2012, 03:30:15 AM »
> Do we know why some points are circled?

> Because this was the map the parser could find with location names.

> The locations circled, from left to right, are Fuego Iron Works, the Valley Windworks power plant, a well visited estate called Pokemon Mansion, Sendoff Spring, and the closest point in Sinnoh to a small island called Flower Paradise,

> Consider doing some recon regarding the gym.  The Library could probably wait until tomorrow.

> You consider doing some recon. You could easily visit the gym, or you can ask around with the locals and talk with Cirno.

>_