Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 85796 times)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 2 got beat by the Nerd Herd)
« Reply #720 on: April 06, 2012, 11:06:25 PM »
Also, I want solid comments on all three 2-vote wagons (LLD, HW, Omba), because you didn't actually provide those in your reads list. Would you vote on each wagon or not?
LLD: yes.
Conq/HW: yes, to secure a lynch.  Would vote for rawr/Bob over this though.
Omba: no, except to prevent a random lynch.

IHNN: That might make sense if the game had actually stagnated. ... Excuse looks contrived
3 hours of nothing was relatively stagnated, especially compared to D1.  I can see where you're coming from with my reason looking contrived, but the same action can be interpreted differently.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #721 on: April 06, 2012, 11:07:38 PM »
BT, why do you think that LLD voting you over Dan is unsubstantiated when it was pretty evident she A) thought you needed to die late D1 but B) didn't want to create new wagons with 9 hours left in the day? ISO her (it's easy since she only posts in mafia), her D1 - D2 priorities become pretty obvious.
Answering this but I really need to go. !_!

The vote on me is scummy but not because it came out of nowhere, since it didn't (I explain why it's scummy a few posts earlier). However, regarding Dan:

It's scummy that her priorities changed (yes, they did change) for no apparent reason (she never implied that I was worse than Dan, only the contrary).

Above that, it's scummy that Dan completely disappeared to her once he stopped being a viable wagon.

These make me think she was never behind her own Dan vote, which is of course scummy.

« Reply #722 on: April 06, 2012, 11:20:08 PM »
Since you so nicely made it clear what your actual case on me is, though, that won't be necessary anyway. So your case boils down to "he changed his opinion and vote without giving an explanation". Uh yes, that by itself sure is pretty scummy. Except it's not. If Dorian had flipped scum or there was an actual concrete reason scum would want him to live a lot, you would actually have a point.
It's scummy because Dan is obvtown and scum don't care who gets lynched when given the choice between delicious townie and delicious townie, explaining the lack of effort put into justifying between the two. See scum!PX.

BT: Your vote still looks like a stretch to me. She made it pretty clear that she thought you were scum and wanted you to die D2.
I DO agree that LLD ignoring Dan now that he's not a viable wagon is interesting, which is why I asked her about him, but I believe her vote on you is in line with her D1 enough to make it not a particularly strong point. On a related note, lol at Omba waiting until people are questioning others for dropping D1 suspicions to say "BT is still scum".

« Reply #723 on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:26 PM »
It's scummy because Dan is obvtown and scum don't care who gets lynched when given the choice between delicious townie and delicious townie, explaining the lack of effort put into justifying between the two. See scum!PX.
Also, before you start posting gotcha games: this is in response to your claim that there was no concrete reason scum would want Dorian to live. Scum didn't need to want Dorian to live for you to be scummy, it just makes you look worse.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #724 on: April 06, 2012, 11:49:43 PM »
I just have literally like no effort to read this game at this point what the GRAVEYARD.

Huhwhat is town and thank you for pointing that out almost immediately. Capt.H is busy being crackpot theorist town but still town. Rawr is annoying and loud and i don't see why he's town capt.h please explain why.

I think I stopped being able to read Dormio games ago, but I think he might be townish.

IHNN is... I don't know what the GENTLY CARESS, he seems more SILLY than scummy. If it wasn't for the fact I was looking way worse at Rawr for that exchange a minute or so I'd almost be willing to lynch him but I just kind of can't look at anything and say 'yes that's worth lynching him without a doubt'.

Serela is... still calling Affinity Scum for his first vote in ED1. Okay then. Please explain to me why you decided Dan was suddenly town now Serela?

I'm currently not liking Dan, but I think that's more word choice he keeps doing, such as 'Conq has been good to me' and 'These people are irresponsible, look at them'. And his anger, to point of responding to one of Capt.H's points with a simple 'I hate you' just...vanishing. I'd like to ask him why he used the words he did in the previous examples. Also Huhwhat you may want to reconsider your clear in a moment because if i remember why you did it it is actually ill-based.

Affinity reads off for me but Affinity always reads as scum to me. Reading him is making my head hurt and I suddenly really need to rush this post.

Omba is attacking our lord and master Huhwhat and I'm actually considering voting him because everything about his D2 at the moment seems wrong, case next post I need to get to something important.

BT is BT except scum doesn't do 11th hour wagons but he's BT and scum and GENTLY CARESS it I still kind of want him dead but I'm not so sure because SCUM DOESN'T DO 11th HOUR WAGONS THEY JOIN THEM

ALL OF THIS DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE BOB IS TOWN AND I AM REALLY ANGRY WITH HIM

BOB, LOVING TELL THEM WHY YOU CAN'T VOTE YOU EQUIUS. IT'S NOT IMPORTANT TO HIDE.

Just vote and you should be able to do that thing where they realize you can't unless shadoweh is A KIND AND BENEVOLENT DICTATOR.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:54:32 PM by Shadoweh »

« Reply #725 on: April 06, 2012, 11:54:38 PM »
+words since I think Chaore implied he needed more?

why is everybody rushing their posts all of a sudden.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #726 on: April 06, 2012, 11:54:55 PM »
All Edits Complete O_O

Chaore may no longer be Tarred and Feathered.. for now

BT is V/LA until Noon EST Saturday.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:53:21 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #727 on: April 06, 2012, 11:58:38 PM »
Suddenly I really and licking do not use I no excrement barrel with the spite of the line community with my primitive plan curse to do obtain a complete response word at copied mod. each mail.

oh my goodness jesus never talked like this
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:38:42 AM by Shadoweh »

Chaore

« Reply #728 on: April 07, 2012, 12:03:54 AM »
more i need a moment to completely compose myself or my post will be yelling at omba and calling him nothing but dirty scum and how he should lick my boots

also need to decide if i should vote omba or stick with BT because there are great reasons for both, especially omba doing that thing where he tries to downplay my post passively to dissuade me from voting him again and

and mr.bob is just

i just want to strangle his townie little HEAD OFF WITH SHADOWEHS AND RAINBOWS

this is just

i have seen a lot of things in mafia that have made me excessively angry

all of them together could not match my unbridled carrot-flavored fury and i want mr. bob in here right now explaining because GOSH FRACKING DARNIT MAN THIS IS NOT A THING YOU DO TO TOWN. I SEE YOU ARE HERE GET IN HERE

GET IN HERE YOU
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:06:40 AM by Shadoweh »

Chaore

« Reply #729 on: April 07, 2012, 12:05:16 AM »
also The PISTAZIE of also THE everloving OF an as to the DARK habit OF BLUE of Christmas A PERFUME THE HEAD that KISSES OF GUIMAUVE AND COMPOSED HIM one OF GETTING STICKY WITH A CITATION OF THE SNOZBERRIES

TACKLE THAT ONE SHADOWEH

TACKLE THAT ONE

You're making me want ice cream. :<
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:09:55 AM by Shadoweh »

« Reply #730 on: April 07, 2012, 12:17:38 AM »
I give up trying to read that one

« Reply #731 on: April 07, 2012, 12:21:54 AM »
Madre de Dios, I'll explain post game.

Chaore

« Reply #732 on: April 07, 2012, 12:29:58 AM »
i

you

i'm just going to step away from the screen from a while and stop typing words before i make google translate and shadoweh both break

« Reply #733 on: April 07, 2012, 12:34:21 AM »
Chaore are you sure hes town?

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #734 on: April 07, 2012, 12:40:42 AM »
This game.

rawr, I thought I found you town for unvoting and voting at the last minute?  Why am I scum?

Omba is still absolutely terrible in his exchange with huhwhat.  I'm quite shocked that no one seems to be acknowledging his different, unsubstantiated reactions to Dorian's claim and Dan's claim D1, and that he's voting huhwhat for finding the above suspicious (while of course attempting to dissuade me from my vote).  Why isn't anyone paying attention to this post, or the one below it?

I don't think I have said much on the BT-LLD thing, but I might have an idea what LLD is getting at.  But all in all, the interactions are completely insoluble and not helpful to town at all on both sides, what with LLD's loud and hyperbolic play and BT's case which focuses on LLD's loud and hyperbolic play as scummy (I don't agree that her vote on you is forced).  Will just say that if I had to go for one of them in their 1v1, I would go for BT.

Chaore doesn't seem to be referring to content in the game, but rather reporting stuff, which makes his wall pretty null.  Everyone is being hard to read now.  Maybe it's because half of the players may already have become anti-town.  rawr -> IHNM.  BT <--> LLD.  Omba -> huhwhat, Dormio <--> Dan ; these are the tunnel-visioned cases in the game, and none of them can see past their pet cases.  It's infuriating; they could very well be scum, third-party or horrible town.

« Reply #735 on: April 07, 2012, 12:50:44 AM »
Also Huhwhat you may want to reconsider your clear in a moment because if i remember why you did it it is actually ill-based.
His claim is town according to rawr and I's softclaims. I don't think it's a matter of scum having a similiar role, because:
- It came at a point where the day was Dan vs. Dorian and scum!Dan would have needed a pretty solid fakeclaim to get lynched over Dorian's claim when at L-1. "Super Situational Backup" is not this fakeclaim.
- For it to be a scum fakeclaim consistent with existing town roles, somebody on the scumteam needs to have that role. If it's not Dan, he's getting screwed by trackers / watchers when he gets caught doing something bad or inconsistent (and he KNOWS a watcher is a likely possibility). If it's Dan, he's probably supposed to get sent on the kill given that scum watcher isn't that great, meaning they have to forfeit another scum power to make his claim match up. It's just a very inefficient fakeclaim overall.

« Reply #736 on: April 07, 2012, 01:03:20 AM »
@Rawr: Opening the box is scummy?  I can see if townies gained night-talk and scum needed to be able to counter-act, or if they wanted to dominate the night-talk or something.  It sounds like Wine reasoning.  But I'm actually surprised you are not opening the box with "nice" things in it, and then using box opening for a reason to vote.

On LLD's gambit: Unless town!BT was utterly convinced that scum!LLD existed, I don't think he'd take the bet, because town vs town destructive potential, otherwise 1 for 1 might not be so bad.  Scum!BT can't take the bet.  Town!LLD would be overly confident to make stakes that high.  A Scum!LLD would be making absolutely ballsy play to be bluffing town!BT into backing down. Cut by Affinity: Yeah this match-up favors LLD.

« Reply #737 on: April 07, 2012, 01:05:29 AM »
Omba is still absolutely terrible in his exchange with huhwhat.  I'm quite shocked that no one seems to be acknowledging his different, unsubstantiated reactions to Dorian's claim and Dan's claim D1, and that he's voting huhwhat for finding the above suspicious (while of course attempting to dissuade me from my vote).  Why isn't anyone paying attention to this post, or the one below it?
Interestingly, I don't recall actually pressing the points you brought up regarding Omba's seperate reactions to each claim, as I've been focusing more on the apparent gap in his thought process ("Dan is town" -> "Dan is town, Dorian is town too I guess" -> * votes Dan with no further comment *). I don't disagree with them, but I never actually pushed them myself and it's weird that you'd state this while complaining about how people are reading other players selectively.

Bob cut: between LLD and BT, who do you think is scummy and why?

« Reply #738 on: April 07, 2012, 01:05:59 AM »
"scummier and why"*

« Reply #739 on: April 07, 2012, 01:06:42 AM »
To elaborate on the Bob question, I can't tell if that's actually his opinion regarding LLD and BT or if he's just analyzing the circumstances of the 1v1

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #740 on: April 07, 2012, 01:22:33 AM »
My brain is giving up on scum!Affinity for now and even I don't know why, but I'm going to roll with it because absolutely no one else seems to be interested in it and it's not like we're in LyLo, it's only D2, it can be revisited later.

Even if Mr.Bob has the role I've thought he's had and Chaore clearly thinks he has (Which, at this point, I imagine he's mod-forbidden from claiming, so maybe Chaore should calm down even if his rage is adorable), the way he's acting is still UUGH.

If anyone was going to put Sticky-Vote on a scum, it'd be Shadoweh, anyway. So the role is a null-tell.

At least I think Chaore is town now! So -something- has happened.

People who still think that everyone who opens a box is liable to get Kilga's 100-word restriction needs to read over that again and realize that absolutely no one will be able to get it :V On that front, hey Shadoweh, since every box is guaranteed to contain the power to talk at night, I see that Kilga is now allowed to post a 0~100 word post during the night phase, yes? :VVVVVVVVVVV

Sure, why not.

Anyway I -realllly- don't like Dormio. Whyyyyy is he still voting Dan? If nothing else, nobody else is interested, and not even the kind of "Not Interested" where "I don't really see why they're scummy" but the kind of Not Interested as in almost every single other person playing is pretty much positive that Dan is town for both play and/or role-related reasons so he's never going to be lynched, ever, unless something weird happens. It's almost like trying to lynch an Innocent Child at this point.

That being said I'm not sure whether I should be viewing it as scummy play or bad play :c A part of me is just going "Would a scum seriously be going after Dan right now?".

next post will contain mr.bob stuff and vote
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 01:26:57 AM by Shadoweh »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #741 on: April 07, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »
Gah, I kindly ask the mod to NOT MURDER POSTS PLEASE.

To answer Chaore, Rawr is town because he's annoying and loud. Also because he immediately unvoted Dan.

So... first my town list!

Serela
Rawr
Dan
Bob
BT
LLD
Chaore

If anyone needs reasons for anyone, just ask!

Also, I really wish LLD v. BT wasn't a thing because I don't need anymore town v. town noise.

Also, Oh my god No Name is LOUD! Seriously, the only time I've ever seen scum explode posts like this is UK and maybe LLD when she feels like it. Frustrating, loud, which means somewhat town, NOT a fan of lynching him.

Anyway, Huh What seems townie enough for now, so I'm willing to see where this goes.

##Unvote
##Vote: Dormio

Because TUNNELVISION

More specifically, because I haven't seen Dormio this tunnelly since Magical Madness Mafia (in which he became scum and TUNNEL INTO CHAORE YAY!), and because he hasn't hit any of my town tells, and because everyone else that was on Dan's wagon at this time I either think is town or know is town (i.e. basic votecount analysis), and because h hasn't said much about anyone other than Dan.

ALCOHOL MAY HAVE INSPIRED THIS POST.

- 5 NEW REPLIES -

THIS SHOULD BE A DRINKING GAME. 1 SHOT PER CUT. GOGOGO.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #742 on: April 07, 2012, 01:26:20 AM »

Suddenly I've realized I've been tiptoeing around actually voting, today. Well, I'm perfectly happy with a Mr.Bob lynch, for reasons that have been mentioned to death by most people and have not changed with any of his latest posts because said posts don't actually contain any scumhunting. Actually, I'm more then happy about one. But I suppose I should reread Omba and IHNN and try to get something other then a ??? read on them.

Actually wait a second. Mr.Bob said something along the lines of "Rereading but posting to get this out there" in his first d2 post, but... he hasn't seemed to ever get that reread result stuff out there. Seriously, each time I think about it he seems more and more like he's lurkscum coasting. His D1 might be something he always does but so far his d2 is simply inexcusably active-lurky.

##Vote: Mr.Bob

Capt.h posting drunk is cute.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #743 on: April 07, 2012, 01:46:42 AM »
capth, you do realize that if you put faith in your town reads, the scumteam has to be some arrangement of HW / Dormio / Nameless / Omba, right? Not to mention that you don't want Nameless lynched, implying you think Omba and I are probably buddies, which is... yeah. Town reads should not come that easily in the first place unless you're scum.

Serela, thoughts on BT/LLD? Also, why are you dropping Affinity so quickly when you have not even tried to push his case at all today? That's not how town gets their suspects lynched.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #744 on: April 07, 2012, 01:47:34 AM »
The Twenty-Fourth Votecount Is My New Twitter Account

Action Dan (1): Dormio
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Action Dan, BT
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Mr. Bob (2): I have no name, Serela
huh what (1): Omba
Omba (2): Affinity, huh what
I have no name (1): Dr. Rawr
Dormio (1): capt.h

Not voting: Mr. Bob, Chaore

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta, I have no name

Tarred and Feathered: Dr. Rawr

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 45 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

Mod Note: Still waiting for most players to private message me about Sunday. So far only two have issues and will be given V/LA.  If there's a large percentage of the game that will be absent I will grant a 24 hour extension.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:08:07 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #745 on: April 07, 2012, 01:49:56 AM »
Oh, I miscounted capth's town reads. He should actually be left with HW / Dormio / Nameless / Omba / Affinity, which isn't as questionable. I still don't think it's natural to have that many town reads worth listing without question on D2. At the very least, it's foolhardy for town to do.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #746 on: April 07, 2012, 01:56:29 AM »
Well, my reads AREN'T immutable, and some are stronger than others.

It's a list of all the people that have passed one or more of my town tells! \^_^/ It may not be perfect, but it really helps me narrow down my suspects in the first round! Then, once we catch scum I'll have INTERACTIONS to help me :D

But yeah, for every one of those players, there is something they did that I would not expect from scum.

« Reply #747 on: April 07, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »
Fair enough. What's your towntell for Chaore, though?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #748 on: April 07, 2012, 01:59:27 AM »
Day 1 catfight with BT.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #749 on: April 07, 2012, 02:01:41 AM »
@huhwhat: They are very similar from my point of view.  There's no reason why he would have reacted one way to Dorian's claim and another to Dan's claim (since he had town reads on both of them beforehand), and he did not provide such reasoning.

Will be gone for around 16 hours.