Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 85794 times)

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 2 got beat by the Nerd Herd)
« Reply #690 on: April 06, 2012, 08:50:27 AM »
Tell you what BT.

This is now a 1v1. I guarantee you are scum. If you flip town, I invite the town to lynch me tomorrow.

Hell, I'll even vote myself to help it along.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #691 on: April 06, 2012, 12:44:38 PM »
Firing players is a flavor vote from a null-tell role.
I'm sorry, I still don't understand.  Is what you're saying that 'you're fired' is your way of voting?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #692 on: April 06, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
What a nice, relaxing day. Though I get the feeling I'm forgetting to do something.
Oh. Post in mafia. Firetruck.

How did Dorian even get lynched yesterday anyway? :/

First of all, non-Dan reads.

Mr. Bob is a thing. But I don't think that I actually care about him all that much.

Speaking of which, Affinity exists? :o

BT is a thing also. Dislike the way he brushes aside all the Dan cases with "can't relate to them". Dislike chainsaw defence of Dan. Dislike him arguing about gameplay with Omba. What I particularly dislike is how he continues to go on about how people are showing no conviction in their cases yet I believe that he fails to meet his own criterion in terms of convincing cases. I can and will call you out for pushing "Chaore is scum just because" whilst yelling at people to make convincing cases. Speaking of which what happened to that anyway?

LLD declaring a 1v1 with BT is a thing. No clue what to make of this and I think that it warrants a reread of LLD when I'm not tired.

Anyway, why I dislike Dan coming up whenever.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2012, 01:31:12 PM »
First of all, a lack of contribution during the beginning of the day. As stated previously, Dan was adamant in the belief that giving two town reads was somehow a highly productive behaviour. I fail to see how his behaviour was in town's best interests in any shape or form and is, therefore, scummy.
Lurking. Lurking is scummy. 'Nuff said.
By placing his "box vote" on Affinity, he was expressing willingness to see him die. Denying that this occurred seems like backtracking to me, which is an activity that I believe to be more common in scum rather than town.
All of his scumhunting is OMGUS with some AtE thrown in, basically. OMGUS allows scum to be lazy in supposedly "scumhunting". AtE is a method of attempting to add weight to one's words since they don't actually have any solid basis for whatever they're spouting.
To top this off, he's done nothing so far today. Aside from opening that box. Which supposedly should do little more than give him a reason to lurk more. Like seriously, 100 words every 24 hours is nothing and for what purpose would anyone want to impose that upon themselves?

Whatever, I'm tired.

Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #694 on: April 06, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
The moment I realized I'm basically pushing for Chaore's lynch with "gut" and "lazy scumhunting", I switched back to LLD D1. It's still mostly gut.  :ohdear:

I'd normally be concerned over 1vs1 but I don't think LLD is town so "whatever".

Rereads will happen sometime.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #695 on: April 06, 2012, 01:51:57 PM »
Shadoweh did say each restriction was different, so you don't need to worry about 100 per day.

Maybe 99 per day  :V

for what purpose would anyone want to impose that upon themselves?
The system in place of prods comes to mind.

Which supposedly should do little more than give him a reason to lurk more.
Does take effect until N2, so there's no excuse* for today.

I have no name's list of reads:
ActionDan: scummy at the end of D1, seemed more town to me until Dormio raised so valid points/possible motives I had missed.  Unsure.
Affinity: lurktown.  Has seemed honest in terms of scumhunting and the arguments make sense.
BT: Misguided town/third party with Dan, probably town though.
capt. h: That scumtell idea...in theory it's sound but in practice not really.  There's just so many things that can go wrong with it.  Probably town for it, but seeing as his only given tell was in LYLO it could have been a ploy to fake being town.
Chaore: unmemorable, few posts. Not enough information to determine a read.
Conq/huh what: I don't know what to think.  Will wait to see how huh what plays.
Dormio: Good thought processes.  Town.
rawr: Same as Charore, except obsessed with the box ED1.
Me: town due to role PM.
LLD: tunnel!town/third party.  Doesn't see scummy but also doesn't seem pro-town, if that makes any sense.
Mr. Bob: Scummy McObvScum, for reasons I don't need to go into again.
Omba: town, good thought processes, has scumreads, partakes in active discussion.
Serela: Probably town, a little suspicious due to opening the box so suddenly, but you were solid town end of Day 1.

*game-related

-cut by BT-
Only 288 words!

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #696 on: April 06, 2012, 02:35:51 PM »
@Dormio:

I echo the need for Dormio to give out reads on people who aren't Dan, and answer how he could still think Dan scum despite being the main counterwagon to an anti-cult vig

===

This is still a SPECIAL game, btw.  No one sans me, huhwhat and to some extent IHNM (in a very stupid way and without any mention of anyone's cases past Dormio-Dan) even seems to be reading the game closely past their pet cases on each other or the thundering volume of their exhausted sighs.

;_;
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:04:40 PM by Shadoweh »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #697 on: April 06, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »
Since I think Dan town by wagon analysis, this excabarates the blindspots in capt.h's confusing loud/quiet distinctions in D1 (e.g Conqueror) here, which he surprisingly spearheads as his main case today despite thinking him town from the D1 box fiasco.  Other things of note include his reads on Chaore and Bob from here which have mysteriously disappeared, as well as me thinking that his Dan case (what with the 'timing' and other ridiculous things) the weakest (content-wise and conviction-wise) out of the early votes.

>_>

Box speculation is town. But I never said Conq was town.

But Chaore is town. Bob is almost too derp to not be town.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #698 on: April 06, 2012, 04:38:48 PM »
My Restriction Is Posting The Twenty-Second Votecount

Action Dan (1): Dormio
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Action Dan, BT
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Mr. Bob (1): I have no name
huh what (2): capt.h, Omba
Omba (2): Affinity, huh what

Not voting: Serela, Dr. Rawr, Mr. Bob, Chaore

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta
Tarring Possibility Counter: Dr. Rawr - 22 hours , Chaore - 20 hours

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 55 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

Mod Note: I have been informed that this Sunday is actually a holiday. >_> I want every player to private message me letting me know if they're available to play or not. If there's a large percentage of the game that will be absent I will grant a 24 hour extension.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #699 on: April 06, 2012, 04:41:34 PM »
I know I'll be gone for most of tomorrow so that's a thing.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #700 on: April 06, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »
##Open the Box

I hope I don't regret this later  :V

(in a very stupid way and without any mention of anyone's cases past Dormio-Dan)
Hey...what's that supposed to mean...

@mod: how do pictures count towards the wordcount, if at all?

Depends on how many Words are in them.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #701 on: April 06, 2012, 07:09:15 PM »
I, for one, am not regretting the box.

Just a heads up rawr, if you don't show up within the next 15 minutes you shall be tarred, and possibly feathered.  I'm sick of people lurking and if I have to take matters into my own hands to (sort of) prevent it then I will!

(read: anyone who hasn't posted in 24 hours will be tarred and feathered by me due to lack of patience at how slow this game has been moving today)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #702 on: April 06, 2012, 07:10:51 PM »
Please don't tar and feather townies.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #703 on: April 06, 2012, 07:12:55 PM »
Please don't tar and feather townies.
Anyone i consider obvtown at the time won't be then.
*needs to stop missing the obvious

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #704 on: April 06, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »
rawr isn't someone I'm sure about either so maybe this will put some pressure on him.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #705 on: April 06, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
##Vote:Dorian

w/e i think either wagon would flip town.
I warned you.
I warned you about prods bro.
##Tar and Feather: Dr Rawr

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #706 on: April 06, 2012, 07:23:25 PM »
>:(

I DON'T CARE HOW INACTIVE HE IS, DON'T TAR, FEATHER, OR SET ON FIRE TOWNIES.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #707 on: April 06, 2012, 07:24:36 PM »
tar and feather=prod, set on fire=modkill.
I see no problem with a prod/prod equivalency.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #708 on: April 06, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »
Hm, actually, I misinterpretted the tar and feather instructions. First time I read them, I thought you could set any townie that's been prodded on fire immediately.

OK NEVERMIND THEN. BUT HE'S STILL TOWN.

« Reply #709 on: April 06, 2012, 09:35:04 PM »
lol is that supposed to be some kind of OMGUS because youre scum? Id rather take the fire anyways

Anyways in response to affinitys BROWNBETA post. Why i hopped on and off dans wagons? Maybe because he stilll had not claimed with like what, 2hours left? So FFMASTER. Oh i also noticed how you passed me off as town later. Well i guess youre scum also

I dont get why people are opening the box, its basically giving you a MAGNA excuse to not post at all. In fact id say its pretty scummy to open up the box at all.

Bob is probably antitown do to his amount of uselessness, his own reads, and the fact that he wanted to use his role on someone about to get lynched.

IHNN is scum, everyone has a bad read on him, hes made up cases and when people start getting votes he all of a sudden has a scum read on them. Also see previous posts, made up reasons as to why serela is scum, and has no cases of his own ever. Its like everyone shuffling around with kaori last game lol

Dormio I dont think dan is scum, or at least theres a very little chance that he is a scum watcher. If you want ill role claim and let you decide if his role is scummy or not.

Also lld is looking pretty weird with that 1v1 thing how is that supposed to be town?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:00:28 PM by Pesco »

« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2012, 09:37:03 PM »
##Vote: I have no name
forgot this

« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2012, 09:47:13 PM »
Why would you know why Bard replaced out?
I don't. It was a joke.

Pointless anyway because I was wrong and now think Dan is town. Can reconstruct the thought process that led me to vote Dan in more detail if you want me to, though.
Please do. I'm still not seeing your thought process even from your further explanation. I'm pretty sure this argument is going to devolve into "but I don't see it that way" back and forth, which is a bad sign. Nothing changes the fact that you made a scummy disconnect at deadline without bothering to justify it until prodded (the main reason I actually suspect you, the rest is supporting), so all I can do is see how you attempt to explain it.

RE: LLD vs. BT: I haven't found a legitimate reason to suspect BT no matter how hard I've re-read him. Attempting to start a last minute wagon is HONKING, but it's something a frustrated townie can and will do if they hate the wagons enough and I don't think he went about it in a scummy manner. I get the impression LLD is biased because BT is attacking her.  LLD just reads like crazy town being pro-active in her own way with her forcefulness, and I generally consider 1v1 attempts to be townie when there's precedent for them from past interactions. I wouldn't lynch either player.

I'm not pleased with capt. h dropping his vote on my past player at the start of D2, then continuing to chime in every now and then but not actually commenting on the important events (LLD 1v1) or the other cases (Dan, LLD). Looks like he's just riding out the potential wagon and using his theory to scumhunt only passively, need him to say more sometime soon.

Nameless' opportunistic tarring of rawr is BAD. Tarring players who you don't have scum reads on in general is BAD, since if they're town scum can get an extra, justifiable kill pretty easily. I was cool with his D1 but that recent wall of opinions is bad too, do you have, like, any non-waffling stances on the players with multiple votes? Would lynch.

I want to punch Dormio for responding to "please post some non-Dan reads" with absolutely nothing conclusive then talking about Dan again. Sleep, what he thinks about other current goals?

Wordcount: 405
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:39:03 PM by Shadoweh »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2012, 09:55:23 PM »
There are so many things wrong with that rawr I don't even know where to begin oh wait yes I do I'll break it down.
I don't know why you're OMGUSing me for basically prodding but ok whatever you feel like.
"everyone has a bad read"
No, not everyone, unless you mean 'no one has an obvtown read'.
"hes made up cases and when people start getting votes he all of a sudden has a scum read on them"
lol nope.  Other people are posting before I do in a lot of cases, the Dorian switch D1 was because I saw Bob wasn't going to get lynched.
"made up reasons as to why serela is scum"
against misinterpreting/misrepping me, I thought Serela was scummy off of gut and then gave reasons why I may have felt that.
"has no cases of his own ever"
Then let me ask you this.  Who pushed for Mr. Bob to be lynched first? (Hint: it shows this statement false)

Thank you for cementing yourself on the scum side of my opinions as opposed to null, makes my life so much easier.  Still think Bob is worse though so I'm leaving my vote where it is.

-cut by huh what-
Tarring players who you don't have scum reads on in general is BAD, since if they're town scum can get an extra, justifiable kill pretty easily.
It was an attempt to de-stagnate the game, and generate discussion.  Information helps town, which if there's no discussion going on then there's no information, hurting town.  I can see why you'd think it's bad, but I had a perfectly pro-town reason for doing so.
I was cool with his D1 but that recent wall of opinions is bad too, do you have, like, any non-waffling stances on the players with multiple votes?
If by waffling you mean unsure read I'm down to just 3: ActionDan, Chaore and yourself.  Rereading D1 with the flips in mind I think LLD is third party.
Would lynch.
I sure hope people going from "Nameless is town" D1 to "would lynch" D2 doesn't become a thing in every game.

Original post had 426 words.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #713 on: April 06, 2012, 10:20:03 PM »
Capt.h is being passive right now and that is not to my liking. Not to mention, his vote is still on Conq-now-HW.

Rawr should post more often. Not only because I enjoy his posts but because I don't want him activitykilled !_!

A reread of Dormio makes me think he's town off of meta. The way he's tunneling on Dan seems like what he always does and I see none of the weird passiveness from Imp. HW is pro-town but he's always like that so ?_?. I need to read Affinity a bit more.

Still thinking IHNN is town or leaning town because his recent stuff implies newbtown and it's hard to imagine newbscum IHNN tarring Rawr like that because it's unnecessary risk. Would not lynch.

Back in, like, 18 hours.

« Reply #714 on: April 06, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »
No reason to justify your scummyness, also expecting mod to edit your post!

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #715 on: April 06, 2012, 10:42:27 PM »
Twenty-Third Votecount of Waking Up Is Hard

Action Dan (1): Dormio
Lady Lambdadelta (2): Action Dan, BT
BT (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Mr. Bob (1): I have no name
huh what (2): capt.h, Omba
Omba (2): Affinity, huh what
I have no name (1): Dr. Rawr

Not voting: Serela, Mr. Bob, Chaore

Boxes Opened: Serela, Action Dan, Lady Lambdadelta, I have no name

Tarring Possibility Counter: Chaore - Way over 24 hours

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

There are 49 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

Mod Note: Still waiting for most players to private message me about Sunday. So far only two have issues and will be given V/LA.  If there's a large percentage of the game that will be absent I will grant a 24 hour extension.

Dr. Rawr has been Tarred and Feathered!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 10:54:17 PM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #717 on: April 06, 2012, 10:48:50 PM »
You only have 100!

« Reply #718 on: April 06, 2012, 10:49:02 PM »
IHNN: That might make sense if the game had actually stagnated. People had been talking, those who weren't can't be around 24/7 and you could've just been patient. Excuse looks contrived. Also, I want solid comments on all three 2-vote wagons (LLD, HW, Omba), because you didn't actually provide those in your reads list. Would you vote on each wagon or not? No "could be scum, but maybe town" bullship.

Still want to make sense of BT vs LLD because I'm not buying into either case right now and the whole situation looks very tunnelly and ridiculous.

BT, why do you think that LLD voting you over Dan is unsubstantiated when it was pretty evident she A) thought you needed to die late D1 but B) didn't want to create new wagons with 9 hours left in the day? ISO her (it's easy since she only posts in mafia), her D1 - D2 priorities become pretty obvious.

LLD, why do you think that BT's vote on you from yesterday came from scum trying to force a random lynch instead of town frustrated with the wagons? Also, what about his play actually make you think he was worth lynching over Dan in specific?

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #719 on: April 06, 2012, 10:50:44 PM »
Please do. I'm still not seeing your thought process even from your further explanation. I'm pretty sure this argument is going to devolve into "but I don't see it that way" back and forth, which is a bad sign. Nothing changes the fact that you made a scummy disconnect at deadline without bothering to justify it until prodded (the main reason I actually suspect you, the rest is supporting), so all I can do is see how you attempt to explain it.
Actually CORNDOG it, it doesn't matter what explanation I give now anyway since you have no way of telling whether that really was what I thought at that point. So I won't bother.
Since you so nicely made it clear what your actual case on me is, though, that won't be necessary anyway. So your case boils down to "he changed his opinion and vote without giving an explanation". Uh yes, that by itself sure is pretty scummy. Except it's not. If Dorian had flipped scum or there was an actual concrete reason scum would want him to live a lot, you would actually have a point. But since you've only come up with speculative TAVROS, you don't, which pretty much breaks your whole case.
Which is kind of to be expected since you're scum.

FFF-- time, but short other stuff anyway.
FoS: I have no name
rawr is town.
BT is still scum and LLD is still town.

--cut 4 times argh
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 11:41:28 PM by Shadoweh »