Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 86192 times)

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 1 STARTO)
« Reply #360 on: April 03, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
@K4U: BT seemed to leave his Conq vote for a lurker prod in the form of a vote on LLD, which was rather bad since it would have become useless once LLD posted, which it did. 

Serela, you are still being hopelessly backward, both in your case against me and in reads against everyone else (48 hour absence if I'm not wrong).  Do comment on the major wagons such as Dan, Dorian, and BT, instead of sitting on your vote against me etc.

BT, what makes LLD scummier than the other proponents of the Dan case like Dormio, Serela, and others?  If I remember correctly Dormio used the same reasons against Dan as LLD did.  I'm not understanding how 'jumping to conclusions' would be especially scummy, especially in LLD's case.  Also, where do you really stand on Chaore and Omba?  It seems really silly that you would excuse them for voting you on your vote for Conq but not for your vote on LLD, which was hardly reassuring at all.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #361 on: April 03, 2012, 04:19:11 PM »
BT is slowly moving from "misguided" to "so wrong it needs death".

Please turn around and start moving in a more positive direction. That direction is an ActionDan vote, incase you were wondering.

I mean, the purpose of this game IS to lynch the scum, right?

:roll:

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #362 on: April 03, 2012, 05:02:35 PM »
@Affinity: So do you think BT is the scummiest person in the game right now?  Your post didn't really read that way, it read like you were trying to consolidate the wagons.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #363 on: April 03, 2012, 05:04:31 PM »
@K4U: BT seemed to leave his Conq vote for a lurker prod in the form of a vote on LLD, which was rather bad since it would have become useless once LLD posted, which it did.
A "lurker prod"? You prod for inactivity. You vote for lurking.
BT, what makes LLD scummier than the other proponents of the Dan case like Dormio, Serela, and others?  If I remember correctly Dormio used the same reasons against Dan as LLD did.  I'm not understanding how 'jumping to conclusions' would be especially scummy, especially in LLD's case.
Dormio's case is bad and mostly fluff but not in a scummy way. I can't see anything scream scum motivation and my overall read of Dormio is town.

Serela's case is waaay outdated and isn't even relevant now ("Affinity>>>Dan"). I can't even remember the last time he mentioned him so I'd actually appreciate an update from Serela on the subject.

They didn't use the same reasons, by the way.

You jump to conclusions while making a case when you want the case to be better than it is. The only town motivation for this would be in the case of someone who is lacking in reads and wants to look productive. Which isn't the case here.
Also, where do you really stand on Chaore and Omba?  It seems really silly that you would excuse them for voting you on your vote for Conq but not for your vote on LLD, which was hardly reassuring at all.
Omba is town but not scumhunting. Chaore is wouldvotescum and not scumhunting. They never "voted because of my vote for LLD", they just continued with what they had earlier, which is part of the whole "doing nothing" problem.
Please turn around and start moving in a more positive direction. That direction is an ActionDan vote, incase you were wondering.
I'd be voting him if he were scum.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #364 on: April 03, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »
@Affinity: So do you think BT is the scummiest person in the game right now?  Your post didn't really read that way, it read like you were trying to consolidate the wagons.
This actually. There is a lot of time. What do you know?

If you are not completely exhausted, scum of the game, there is no train.

Wordcount: 421
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:12:38 PM by Shadoweh »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #365 on: April 03, 2012, 05:19:42 PM »
@BT: ... ??? When the hell did you get to decide if you were worth having a vote on, buddy? Your entire accusation there is entirely haughty. I'm sorry, did you expect me to magically come up with some magical bullshit case that I don't properly believe in now that you've said you're better? That's not how mafia works. It's especially ironic since you admitted in your post your LLD case was complete biscuits, and then you come up with another bullshit reason -to not even move your vote-.

You've done nothing to make yourself look anything better, And continuing to admit you totally sucked doesn't make you better. You especially don't get to pull this bullshit 'You're scummy for voting me because you should be going after OTHER people!' when you want to. The fact you've been trying to pull that stick on me since I started voting you makes it even worse, honestly. Your LLD vote isn't entirely lazy, but reads as a makeshift case to switch to a totally proper wagon that's not already been elaborated on so it looks like you've started making NEW AND EXCITING opinions- You're not making it because you really think LLD is super scummy, she just seems bad (A staple of LLD's play) so it's a safe vote that looks good because it's not entirely false and you think your Conq vote was why we didn't like you. You're substituting proper scumhunting with defensive voteslinging. Your continued weak jabs at everyone to make it known YOU HAVE OPINIONS are bad as well, It reads like you don't really care about most of the comments you're making, to me.

I'm sorry, but I'm voting you because you're scum and unfortunately for you, I see what you're doing. Apologetic Scum is still Scum.

@BTCut: I did that actually, mentioned you were still doing badly and your LLD post was bad. You're just kind of bullshitting there doc. Actually the fact you're not even COMMITTING to a stance of we're scum for that is just all kinds of awful.

Also cute attempt to dissuade affinity another way that K4U gave you because you can't just make up a reason as to why hes scummy for voting you. More examples for the example god.

And i think I just wasted too many words on BT for some reason, can I get some more words?

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #366 on: April 03, 2012, 05:22:25 PM »
Sure!  I'll tell the world that I'm posting things I thought about while I was out and will continue my reread once I post them.  Because that's what I'm doing right now. >_>b
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #367 on: April 03, 2012, 05:26:33 PM »
Eleventh Votecount. It's Ridiculous. It's Not Even Funny.

Affinity (1): Serela
Action Dan (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Dormio, capt.h
I have no name (1): Dr. Rawr
BT (3): Chaore, Omba, Affinity
Dorian G. (2): Conqueror, I have no name
Lady Lambdadelta (1): BT
Dormio (1): Action Dan
capt.h (0) :
Kitten4u (0):
Dr. Rawr (0):
Omba (0):
Chaore: (0):
Serela (0): 
Mr. Bob (0):
Conqueror (0):

Not voting: Mr. Bob, Dorian G., Kitten4u

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
There are 26 hours remaining. Or you can hammer faster!
Day End Countdown
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:41:05 PM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #368 on: April 03, 2012, 05:30:13 PM »
It's almost like you stopped reading my post after the first sentence or something.

I didn't say I "wasn't good for the vote anymore" or whatever the hell you're going on about. I also admitted to the fact that your sticking with your vote IS completely justifiable.

I DID say that, instead of CONTINUING to scumhunt, you're content with commenting on why I'm scum and calling it a day. It's been this way for the whole game now~

I don't see where the stream of "your LLD vote was bs" comments are coming from since I don't recall them from before. I called her out for hiding behind an early case. It flew out the window because she stopped hiding behind cases.

If I parse that third-last part right, you want me to commit to your being scum? I already did that. I can't vote for two scum at once.

If I wanted to OMGUS Affinity I would have done that already. Too bad I don't think he's scum.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #369 on: April 03, 2012, 05:38:19 PM »
On why I think BT is town
I understand the sentiment behind thinking this game is hard to read.  I'm finding it hard to read myself.  This is why I hated the initial case because I read it as "duder is having trouble reading, let's get em," as opposed to BT doing anything scummy.  The fact that his wagon consists mostly of vote parking horribleness means I see no reason to doubt the read right now.  I've been pretty happy with his content so far, and feel like he's been trying to find scum.  Really do not want to lynch BT.

On Dorian
Mulled over the claim more while I was getting poked with needles.  I agree that anti-cult vig is a weird scum claim, but the stuff surrounding the claim is really weird.  I disagree that he was in any danger of being killed.  He had two votes on him (same number as on BT and less than what was on Dan, there was just as much of a push to lynch LLD), and Affinity thought he was town, so he didn't need to claim to save his life or anything.  And once he claimed he didn't bother to say who was scum or to answer my questions regarding his Capth case.  Meaning it was a pure pressure deflection thing.  I think that the thing I said earlier about glorified VTs is dumb and should be ignored completely.  HOWEVER, I did decide if there is a cult in this game it wouldn't be weird if someone from the red colored team had a special way of dealing with it.  It was not claimed in a townie way, and everything else he's down doesn't look townie to me.  Ergo:

##Vote Dorian

On Mr. Bob
He's basically not playing the game and I wish he could say he was scum for it.  I looked at other games he was in and this is just a thing he does.  I've added him to the list of people I'm not allowed to look at until I have flips.

I've decided I need to reread Dan and Capth because I thought of something.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #370 on: April 03, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »
K4U, I was going to explain in my original post that all your votes up to now seemed too "this is my best bet so I'm voting them" but you pointed out that this exact thing was what people were about regarding myself so I can totally see it as a "can't find scum" town thing.

Why do you think his obvious pressure deflection is scummy and not 0-confidence-townish?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #371 on: April 03, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Waiting for reads from Omba and Rawr and a DanUpdate from Serela.

All three of you are on. :V

« Reply #372 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:15 PM »
no im not, and im making a post >.>. i guess i just cut myself

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #373 on: April 03, 2012, 05:51:38 PM »
I would have expected low confidence town to claim AND try to find scum rather than just claim.  I posted a list of questions and tried to give him other things to talk about as I tend to while building cases, and he ignored it completely.  He is free to try to convince me that I'm wrong though!
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #374 on: April 03, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »
BT is slowly moving from "misguided" to "so wrong it needs death".
He's been needing death for a while now.

A "lurker prod"? You prod for inactivity. You vote for lurking.
Nice semantics.

You jump to conclusions while making a case when you want the case to be better than it is. The only town motivation for this would be in the case of someone who is lacking in reads and wants to look productive.
Town motivated + wants to look productive. Why yes, that totally fits together except it doesn't. It does tell me something about what you think makes someone appear town, though.

Which isn't the case here.Omba is town but not scumhunting. Chaore is wouldvotescum and not scumhunting. They never "voted because of my vote for LLD", they just continued with what they had earlier, which is part of the whole "doing nothing" problem.I'd be voting him if he were scum.
How am I town if you think Chaore is scum for something that I'm also guilty of, according to you? What have I done that makes you think I'm town?
Btw how is building on the case of your main suspect NOT scumhunting?

Oh right, you wanted reads. Obviously you are scum that needs to die, Bob is lurking and probably scum, Chaore was looking like scum last time I checked but I'll have to re-read him. Some things about I have no name have been rubbing me the wrong way his last few posts and I'll also need to re-read him.
Affinity and LLD are town, K4u is most likely town. There's one thing she did that was utterly strange but... let's put that aside for now.
Dan is town and Dorian is most likely also town. Then there's a slew of other people I still need to re-read.

3rd option on my list is most likely, but the most likely choice probably isn't it.  So, since I don't think it's honest (even though I think it's most likely), it means it's one of the anti-town possibilities, meaning worth a lynch.
I don' t obtains it. It reads as you' re assuming he' scum s previously and [sbrasyvayushch] version which doesn' t makes with them scum because of that. -times C-c x

Wordcount: 405
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:16:13 PM by Shadoweh »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2012, 05:53:52 PM »
Seems to me he's more of a total slacker / complete lack of motivation rather than scum.

>Rawr: "No I'm not on".

:colbert:

Reading Omba's cut.

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
Sorry that it took so long but the point of provoking reactions to let things evolve on there on to see what you get out of it. Maybe I waited too long but I blame my bad timing for it.^^;

However, I think we have a winner.

##Vote: ActionDan

This is most likely the worst way possible to react to such a claim. First point is your instantly believed it. That is already bad enough if you don't have other reason to believe I'm town or that a ITP actually exist what isn't the case as far as I can see. Then comes the only point of doubt from you that implicated that I lied if there wouldn't come any cult flips and I can give you three options why this could happen assumed I said the truth: Fist there is no cult, second I just missed and third I got recruited. Especially the third option worries me the most as unlikely as it is and if I were you I would give my posts at the begin of the two a really close look if something magical changed over night. But what is your suggestion, ?it's best to ignore Dorian... forever? honestly you can't be serious about this.

As if that were not bad enough you added this:
?Oh, I thought he actually claimed thrid party.  Reread to understand why K4U reacted like that and saw 'town anit-cult vig'. ...?
So you thought I already were ITP at that point? Do I actually need to say how bad you ? ignore Dorian? idea is under this circumstances? Only scum and other ITP have the luxury to ignore ITP. For town doesn't it makes even the slightest difference if I claimed ITP or scum, both need too die ASAP.
I have to say that the only reason why I haven't voted you before is that the last time I went for your ?replacing scum hunting with speculations? you flipped town but I really can't see how you ?ignore supposed ITP? could come from a town point of view and if you still dare to flip town now then be prepared to have a serious post game conversation.

I will address the other reactions latter cause I'm running out of words. This took already forever and I think I missed a lot while wrote this.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Chaore

« Reply #377 on: April 03, 2012, 05:59:06 PM »
I'm actually having a hard time properly reading Conq at the moment. His posts seem to almost always be kind of lacking and I'm not sure where he stands at the moment because of it. I don't think he's necessarily scum but seriously throw me a bone here Conq ;w;

Omba is vibrating between town and scum for me, and I'd rather put a bullet through him before lynching him if it came to it. I think that's because I keep missing the vital parts of his arguments so it's like 'woah what did he say' and then I notice it though.

LLD is bleeding townieness from her eyes and I'm not sure why anyone is trying to vote her except it's scum!BT and Dan so that makes sense.

I am so not cool with the sudden suspicion with Dorian because what is this. It may be a SPECIAL meta I have but when people do POOPLORD things like claim because of a little pressure it's most likely more because they are VERY SPECIAL PLAYERS, not because they're scum wanting to save their hides. Couple this with the fact scum is usually capable of getting support from other scumbuddies to help them chill the GENTLY CARESS out, and I know personally how much of a difference that makes. I can't see that claim as a scummy move and I don't really have much of a problem with his Capt.H case because holy SHADOWEHS Capt.H early game made me want to scream.

K4U makes me sad for calling me a cowardly scum ;w; But the way she phrases it as like 'Oh I thought he was town now he isn't so willing to lynch' is actually kind of weird given I've only had a bit of pressure thrown on. I kind of thought she was pretty townie at first but that makes me want to look back and reread her.

IHNN and Serela all have pretty much given me the glazed eyes whenever I try to read them so I'll get back to them after I reread kitten.

@K4Ucut: okay yes your BT clear is REALLY weird now that I look at it. Like, Kitten is merciless and does not do things like that weird.

@BTcut: And now you're trying my method of backhandedly slinging insults to rile the other person up so they mess up? You're pretty much taking pages from my book, especially that top one.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:31:30 PM by Shadoweh »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #378 on: April 03, 2012, 06:07:43 PM »
Nice semantics.
Semantics where? She was being lurkscum so I voted her. She wasn't inactive - she was busy pointing people to her EEED1 case.
Town motivated + wants to look productive. Why yes, that totally fits together except it doesn't. It does tell me something about what you think makes someone appear town, though.
Glad you take notice to small details. I'm implying that most people that do this are noobtown, you know, people that are more worried about leaving a good impression on town, therefore not getting lynched, instead of finding scum. I was a victim of this too before not so long ago so I know! :D

I'm also implying by this that LLD does not fit that case because she's not noobtown.
How am I town if you think Chaore is scum for something that I'm also guilty of, according to you? What have I done that makes you think I'm town?
I was actually waiting for this one.

Your posts promote discussion and I can relate to a good chunk of them. I can also find nothing that fills me with scum vibes.

Chaore was all about looking RIGHTEOUS from the kick-off with his first post, taking the role of "obvtown smartguy with good suggestions" with his smokescreen box thing. My first post was all about my bad gut reaction to his post. Go ahead and reread.

All he's been doing since then is some kind of  LOUD propaganda about how I'm obvscum, which coincidentally makes him look TOWN THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING. While both of you have not been looking other ways, at least with you it seems like you're trying. I can't say the same for this guy.
Btw how is building on the case of your main suspect NOT scumhunting?
It's a very bad kind of slack scumhunting. By doing this you don't have to look at more than one person and, for scum, don't have to take unnecessary risks.

You believe that looking at one guy per timeframe is good scumhunting?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #379 on: April 03, 2012, 06:08:04 PM »
Oh yeah, cuts. Will reply to them if needed.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2012, 06:14:05 PM »
@Chaore: Kitten4u doesn't have town reads and try to dissuade people from lynching them?  This is news to me. :V  Actually, can you give me your case on BT and your issues with me in a nice, clear format?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #381 on: April 03, 2012, 06:15:56 PM »
Dorian I can't parse that at all help

Give me a day or two I guess.

@Chaore: Nah, I don't see the SANAE'S. And I always play like this when I'm finally into the game. Would you have preferred me to stay in supereasyvotepark mode?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:21:27 PM by Shadoweh »

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #382 on: April 03, 2012, 06:18:20 PM »
Look at all those wordcounts! Google Translate has gone to WAR! Posts have been fixed.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
What the GRAVEYARD Shadoweh I put that through the wordcount thingy and it said 402 so why the BAD TOUCH did you mangle anything but the cccCut and x? ;_;
Wait, do you BEAUTIFY up whole sentences if part of them goes above the word count? Not just the words that actually do? FFFF-

Google Translate's wrath is dependent on how far you go over. :D
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:36:14 PM by Shadoweh »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2012, 06:25:14 PM »
I think she includes quotes? Like, every part of them???

My post back then was something like "There's plenty of time. If you're not sold, you scumhunt, not bandwagon".

Will admit that got me laughing for a good 10 seconds.

Chaore

« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »
taking the role of "obvtown smartguy with good suggestions" with his smokescreen box thing.

oh my gosh this is the funniest thing I will see this entire game. pretty sure.

Also why wait to mention that? If you had reason otherwise, you should have brought it up. No exceptions. The Loud thing really feels more like 'response to how hard Chaore is going at me right now', and more defensive attacking.

@K4U: Sure.

With you it's the fact you just gave BT a pass because 'He's having trouble reading'. It may be my warped perspective because you're usually trying to lynch me every other game because we're fighting each other to the bitter end, but I've never seen you actually legitimately say 'It's okay that you're having trouble understanding the game, Kitten is here!'. It feels so warm and cuddly my first instinct is that it is so a trap.

Your side comment on me gives me bad feelings because it -literally- reminds me of D1 Mafioso where you poked me with pressure when I was messing up badly. Like, it feels like the same exact 'no real content single line, would be willing to lynch', trying to use your natural aura of townieness to make me feel pressured and panic. The timing about it kind of feels odd as well, honestly, like not because of a reread or anything and the affinity thing I had done a while ago so it doesn't seem like your opinion shifted naturally.

need more words for the BT case please SHADOWEH THIS WORD COUNT RULE IS SLAUGHTERING ME ;w;

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2012, 06:38:52 PM »
Shadoweh I will murder you. In the face.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2012, 06:39:46 PM »
I don't believe I ever stated my opinion of you in this game.  I'm actually pretty sure on this because I've been doing it intentionally.  How is the shift unnatural?  There was no shift.  I went from ignoring you completely to saying you're scummy.  With in my own mind, I realized the reason I was tentatively clearing you was dumb, so I decided to throw it out like any sane person would. 

I'll wait for the case on BT before outlining my issues on you.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Chaore

« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »
BT is scum because, as he admits, his very early posts were lazy attempts to make cases and give reactionary responses to look both active and like hes discussing things. His Conq vote literally seemed to be like he just noticed Conq post and was all 'hey this looks bad I can vote for it' and hastily typed up a single line to get a vote out because he needed one out. He says hes going to do better then just makes MORE reactionary 'questions' that he rarely follows up on, and then made a case on LLD that was mostly because she wasn't around that much and it looked safe and good enough- Trying to act like he's totally being townie and scumhunting now so he's sorry he admitted to not doing so earlier. Cue disbelief, continue voting, LLD disproving his vote. He then comes back and goes all 'Okay so LLD isn't hiding but shes LOUD SO SHE'S BAD'. It's more 'She's bad so it's a safe vote' than 'She's scum'. His vote on her is almost entirely a defensive move to try and push the idea he's playing better, not actually to who he thinks is scum- and I get the feeling he doesn't expect her to go to lynch.

Couple this with the revelation he's TOTALLY THOUGHT I WAS SCUM, I'm wondering why he didn't drop his vote on me instead. Seriously this is straight out of the textbook for me, his pressure was just trying to dissuade people from voting him by saying they're doing bad by voting him and he never expected to be called on it. He's playing completely defensive by attacking, he just wants the pressure off him and make himself look good by pointing out things that would make sense to be pointed out. His case seriously does not match up with any thought and his votes and cases seriously seem to be side-notes to his reads, as if he didn't put much thought into them.

In short, Lazy LAZY smokescreen of trying to scumhunt via 'reads', Terrible voting habits that don't match up with his opinions (Seriously he should be voting me by now from what he's said), and completely textbook scum pressure pokes and defensive play dressed up as scumhunting.

@Cut: In mind you had read. Shifted read. Shift time seems unnatural, so shift unnatural. Unless did before.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »
I can't understand what you're saying in that last line.  Now that you have more words can you say it in a way I can understand? :P
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr