Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 95352 times)

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 1 STARTO)
« Reply #300 on: April 02, 2012, 11:51:57 PM »
This is the exact thing that happened to me in Midnight Crew Mafia.
"really NEATO or scum"
Neither.  Just derpin' my way through my second ever D1.
"all reads off lurking"
There's not much to go off right now, the only non-lurk-scumread I have is Mr. Bob, every other scumread is shaky at best.
"call ME a passive player"
Well this exchange has changed that (you're being active in your posting now), but it seems like you're trying to bus the newbie.  just like the scumteam did in MC Mafia.  Which unfortunately worked D4 >.>
"You're next after Dan.  You're worse than DORIAN."
I don't see Dorian as being scummy.  As I said, Dan is shaky but still scummy.

There is plenty to go off of right now. Your resistance to actually scumhunt is noted.

Further, your passive fence-sitting read on Dan is noted.

Further, your meta argument is noted, considering I wasn't in that game and the meta is not applicable. (Not that meta is ever a good argument, but I digress).

Finally, your appeal that this is only your second Day 1 and you're "derpin' your way through it" is both ridiculous and scummy.

You can hang after Dan does.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:54:11 PM by Shadoweh »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2012, 11:57:37 PM »
Your resistance to actually scumhunt is noted.  Then explain Mr. Bob.
Further, your passive fence-sitting read on Dan is noted.  I already explained this.
Further, your meta argument is noted, considering I wasn't in that game and the meta is not applicable. (Not that meta is ever a good argument, but I digress). It's not meant to be a meta argument, it's me noting a trend.
Finally, your appeal that this is only your second Day 1 and you're "derpin' your way through it" is both ridiculous and scummy.  Ridiculous?  maybe.  Scummy? maybe to you.  True? You bet.  Although I'm definitely derping less since I know what I'm doing somewhat.
You can hang after Dan does. Nah that doesn't sound too fun.  I think I'd rather climb the tree you want to hang me on.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #302 on: April 03, 2012, 12:02:38 AM »
I explained Mr.Bob. He needs a bullet between his eyes. That's all that needs to be said.

No, you didn't explain your fence-sitting. Is Dan scum or is he town? None of this "OH WELL MAYBE HE MIGHT POSSIBLY 50% CHANCE" stuff. Definite read. Scum or not scum. Right now. One sentence, one chance.

Don't try and appeal to some kind of weakness to escape this hole you've dug for yourself. You're clearly not incompetent. I've seen incompetent. You're trying to avoid taking responsibility for your scummy actions by hiding behind your "newbie" status. Sorry, I won't bite.

You can climb the tree if you like, but sooner or later you'll be swinging from it. And with posts as scummy as yours, I'd be willing to bet sooner.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #303 on: April 03, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »
I explained Mr.Bob. He needs a bullet between his eyes. That's all that needs to be said.

No, you didn't explain your fence-sitting. Is Dan scum or is he town? None of this "OH WELL MAYBE HE MIGHT POSSIBLY 50% CHANCE" stuff. Definite read. Scum or not scum. Right now. One sentence, one chance.
You mention my resistance to scumhunt and then conveniently ignore that I currently have my vote on Mr. Bob, and was the first to give him attention/call him scum.

Dan is scum.

That said, I'm not fully sold on Dan being scum, but it's certainly more likely than the alternatives.

Lexicat

• Cat in a Rage
  • Who am I again?
« Reply #304 on: April 03, 2012, 12:15:13 AM »
You mention my resistance to scumhunt and then conveniently ignore that I currently have my vote on Mr. Bob, and was the first to give him attention/call him scum.

Dan is scum.

That said, I'm not fully sold on Dan being scum, but it's certainly more likely than the alternatives.

I'm going to point out again that voting for someone because they lurk is not equivilent to voting someone because they are scum.

Also, what is with those last two lines? You profess Dan is scum. Great! You have a scum read that isn't Lurk based! ... so why aren't you voting it?

Then you contradict your scum read with more wishy washy ZOOSMELL.

Either move your vote onto Dan and confirm that you think he's scum.

Or give me a VERY VERY clear cut reason why Dr. Bob is SCUMMIER than ActionDan.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:31:10 AM by Shadoweh »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2012, 12:23:10 AM »
Scum or not scum. Right now.
You profess Dan is scum. Great! You have a scum read that isn't Lurk based! ... so why aren't you voting it?
because my vote is on Mr. Bob.

Or give me a VERY VERY clear cut reason why Dr. Bob is SCUMMIER than ActionDan.
Dr. Bob isn't scummy insofar as he isnt't playing.
Mr. Bob is scummier than ActionDan because Dan didn't scream "obvscum" to me like Mr. Bob did.  As far as I can tell the reason for this is Mr. Bob seems to be trying to coast his way through D1.
The way I see it, a lurker will be a hindrance endgame, someone who's not productive towards town won't be, and someone who's scummy, lurking and not productive towards town would be an ideal lynch-we cut a player who'd be a hindrance in the endgame OR we catch scum.
wishy washy ZOOSMELL.
Either move your vote onto Dan and confirm that you think he's scum.
1: this would be wishy-washy ZOOSMELL, as you put it.
2: I don't like being told what to do.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #306 on: April 03, 2012, 12:28:23 AM »
I am laughing right now.  :v

I call bastard mod because....

1) Minoriko isn't inside the box, and
2) the votecount eight posts above my post was misleading.  I genuinely thought I had sixteen (or more than eight) hours left to pass it.  There clearly should have been three votecounts per page.

Will come back after breakfast.  Seriously.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #307 on: April 03, 2012, 12:56:23 AM »
@IHNN: Why do you think Dan is scummy?
Also, would you consider Mr. Bob the only person lurking through the day? I'm getting from your posts that you want to lynch him because you think he's coasting lurker scum. What sets him apart from other people?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:53 AM »
2) the votecount eight posts above my post was misleading.  I genuinely thought I had sixteen (or more than eight) hours left to pass it.

Welp. Also, people giving Affinity townreads for forgetting to pass the box don't make sense. He's not more likely to forget to pass the box as either alignment, really. ;)

I'll have more to say after I finish some work.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2012, 01:17:47 AM »
Why do you think Dan is scummy?
Also, would you consider Mr. Bob the only person lurking through the day? I'm getting from your posts that you want to lynch him because you think he's coasting lurker scum. What sets him apart from other people?
Dan is scummy because he is lurking through D1 while trying to seem active and generally not doing very much.
No, Mr. Bob is not the only one lurking through the day-Dan, Dorian, Chaore, Serela and rawr after the "give me the box" died down.  I'd add Dormio to the list but he appears to have IRL reasons that he mentioned for this, so it wouldn't be fair to say he's lurking through the day.  However, Mr. Bob is the only one of these players who I don't think has given much input on the game, he asks a few questions then leaves.  Rawr is also guilty of this to an extent, but his "GIVE ME THE BOX" generated discussion and he was here ED1.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2012, 02:57:51 AM »
You Want More Tenth Votecount Do You?

Affinity (1): Serela
Action Dan (3): Lady Lambdadelta, Dormio, capt.h
I have no name (1): Dr. Rawr
Mr. Bob (1): I have no name
Conqueror (1):  Affinity
BT (2): Chaore, Omba
Dorian G. (1): Conqueror
Lady Lambdadelta (1): BT
Dormio (1): Action Dan
capt.h (0) :
Kitten4u (0):
Dr. Rawr (0):
Omba (0):
Chaore: (0):
Serela (0): 

Not voting: Mr. Bob, Dorian G., Kitten4u

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
There are 41 hours remaining. Or you can hammer faster!
Day End Countdown

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Conqueror

« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:17 AM »
Fair enough. I still don't think Dan is as scummy as people are making him out to be, but I'm waiting on him to elaborate.

Bob, you still haven't placed down a vote. Without a vote it's nigh impossible to tell who your scumspects are, doubly so because you're making many solid stances. Please vote someone.

Not sure about the Dorian case in general, it's interesting how he gets charged for 'mudslinging' and stuff in his interesting case against capt.h when all Conq has to do is to change his vote onto some politically correct wagon with terse, incomplete reasoning.  I don't believe the proponents of that case has addressed the hypocrisy aspect of Dorian's case on capt.h's vote for Dan, which has an element of truth to it.  While I suppose that Dorian's ignorance of everyone else other than his target is irksome for the usual reasons, I don't think he's scum.
>_>
What the blazes is a politically correct wagon?
More pertinently, which element of truth in Dorian's capt. h case are you talking about? I'll admit my eyes glazed over the case because I couldn't make heads or tails or it.
And even if you do believe that, Dorian has dropped that case and left us with...absolutely nothing (except the claim!). This after repeated promises of future content.

Conqueror

« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2012, 03:08:56 AM »
Without a vote it's nigh impossible to tell who your scumspects are, doubly so because you're not making many solid stances. Please vote someone.
EBWOP

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2012, 04:20:50 AM »
I'm also not sure why Capt. H seems to be trying to pull up old games for evidence this game, between using IMP (Completely incorrectly) and Dan's post being 'templated'. Can you tell me what's up with that, Capt. H?

UNYAAAAA
My computer ate my original response to this, SO, starting over.

(ALSO, What's IMP?)

ANYWAY, the reason I brought that game into discussion, and specifically that post, is because I've been judging whether Dan was scum by comparing him to scum Dan. And I noticed that Dan's 237 is very, very similar structurally to that other post of Dan's I was linking to, where he began with his reads, called a coupla people scum, made a case on one and then didn't finish his cases in time for the lynch. I thought it might be part of a strategy scum Dan uses, a "template" for when he's in trouble.

But even without meta arguments, I'm not fond of his case on Dormio, in which he accuses Dormio of voting Dan's own bad play instead of scum play. And I think his LLD case amounts to LLD doesn't explain herself.

Yeah, not fond of the timing of that LLD case either. He waits until 10 minutes after the Box to post, and he didn't even start the post until 20 minutes before the box goes off. We wouldn't have had any time to judge him town or scum based on his LLD case even if he had posted only 5 minutes after starting the case. Last I checked, he said he had 40 minutes of work, and that was 7 hours ago, so not too thrilled with the followthrough either.

POINT BEING, Dan's doing lots and lots of things that make me think he's scum.

Conqueror

« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2012, 04:31:55 AM »
I seriously doubt anyone uses a template for posting in mafia. I may be a bit biased on the "timing" issue seeing as I know Dan's class schedule, so I think that part of the argument is bollocks, but in any case I'm waiting on Dan to answer my question on his case!

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2012, 04:41:56 AM »
Actually, Kiro taught me one. I used to use it somewhat religiously, when I wasn't forgetting parts of it.

First sentence - NAME! Gotta introduce the person first.
Second sentence - SOMETHING, WEIRD THEY DID
Third Sentence - Possible reason for the weird thing, and maybe prod them on it
Forth Sentence - SCUM/TOWN/MIDDLE
Fifth Sentence - QUESTIONING! Ya oughtta ask the player for something.

Though at that point mafia became more work than game.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2012, 05:18:44 AM »
What the blazes is a politically correct wagon?

A wagon which already has some support behind it.  His case on capt.h, from how I understand it, was that he was being hypocritical for laying low after voting Dan, and that he wasn't clear on exactly how Dan's play warranted as quiet from capt.h's point of view.  In any case, you jumping on the wagon without understanding the case or even asking for clarification is really what.  Though of course, Dorian's withdrawal of that case, leaving nothing behind and his awkward claim timing is also horrible; I would imagine scum would stick to their guns and continue sustaining the cases they have, but then again...  this game is headache-inducing.

In fact, Dan's Dormio vote is urgh.  BT's drop of his Conq vote only to vote LLD (even while mentioning Omba and Chaore as misrepping him) is urgh.  Bob's refusal to vote is urgh.  rawr's refusal to build on his case on IHNM (and comment on others) despite the latter voting Bob is urgh.  Serela's being tremendously backward due to his cute sickness is urgh.  IHNM's one-track and stagnating case on Bob (which he calls scumhunting) is urgh.  Even capt.h's seemingly selective blindness (e.g BT also voted for LLD), and mostly ridiculous reasons for voting Dan (template?) feels strangely urgh.  Everything is urgh.  Everyone feels like they're coasting.

Everyone is scum.

Urgh.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2012, 05:21:13 AM »
Also, I kinda sorta have something that bugs me about back earlier today when we thought Dan or Dorian would die. It would be super awesome to hear from BT and Bob concerning whether they were around during the time before the box didn't blow up. I'd like to know why they didn't weigh in on the issue of who should die, y'know, if it was because they couldn't be around at the time immediately before the box excitement or if it was because they didn't have any opinions they wanted to share.

For both BT and Bob - Why didn't you weigh in on who should get the box in the time leading up to the box (not) blowing up?

Conqueror

« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2012, 05:28:38 AM »
In any case, you jumping on the wagon without understanding the case or even asking for clarification is really what. 
Rather, I voted Dorian because the case made no sense to me. Here, I'll parse it as I saw it.
Not only that you vote him for being honest enough to mention a possible flaw in his plan it also contradicts your ?Town will  participate in the speculation more then scum? assumption, what's kinda silly cause we talk about Dan who is well known to jump into any kind of speculation at any point regardless of his alignment. Your reservation against the ?people who have not spoken during the speculation phase? is also worrisome for two reasons, first it's degraded your Dan vote to a voteparck cause you said yourself the your suspicion goes into other directions and second, it puts you in the same ?lay low? position you are trying to condemn with your earlier assumption.
You're voting Dan for being honest enough to mention a flaw in his plan, which contradicts your assumption that town will speculate more than scum, but that doesn't mean anything because Dam speculates regardless of alignment. Your point against the lurkers is also worrisome because this degrades your Dan vote to a votepark as then you can dispense suspicion in other directions, while allowing you to stay out of the fray, which is something you said was scummy earlier.

Correct me if I'm incorrect. But the logic doesn't flow at all the vote, and in the end it seems to be based on an inconsistency that only comes about because capt. h is blabbing his mouth off about pet theories as to what scum would do etc.

Conqueror

« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2012, 05:32:25 AM »
I'll add that this in itself isn't all that scummy, but Dorian has literally provided us with nothing else of note. Apparently everyone else is a null read. Fine, but that's an easy way to stay out of the discussion of basically...everything else. Which he has.

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2012, 05:57:50 AM »
Oh, I thought he actually claimed thrid party.  Reread to understand why K4U reacted like that and saw 'town anit-cult vig'.  Still there is absolutely no reason to touch Dorian.  Think about it.  If he's a SK and 2 kills show up and neither is cult then he's screwed (Well Wifom might cast some doubt but).  If he's survivor than whatever.  I highly doubt he's scum in any case.

I've got to stop procrastinating.  This game is as motivating for me as my physics and astro problem sets.

@Dormio.

Your #147 is a problem.  Let's go over it yet another time. 

Considering Affinity to be town is fine and all for Dan, but he's one of the people who have made absolutely no effort towards finding scum so far. He's, like, totally content to just sit back and blabber on about the box whilst contributing absolutely nothing of value to the town.

First, why would you think considering Affinity to be town even though he hadn't posted once 'fine and all'?  Second 'no effort towards finding scum' and 'blabber on about the box' belies that fact that I stated my reads to the best of my ability in conjunction to providing my opinions on what to do with the box (And I'll note here the hypocrisy of your #93 wherein you don't share your own reads even while complaining about the lack of reads from others  OH! what's that?  Maybe you couldn't get a read on anyone?  Maybe no scum reads? Well shame on you, you useless....).   Thrid, the language you used is vague and subjective enough that I am confident that I could apply your same criterion to others of the town besides myself... which you reconize within the accusation 'he's one of the people " suggests you were thinking of others as well, yet you never made explicit exactly who these phantoms were, which tells me your vote on me was arbitrary.

Your #170 is just as telling. 

rather than dan givving a single towwn read and nothing else hes just givven us a single scum read wwith no reasoning and wwhat appears to be no intention to followw up so far
he expands on his towwn reads but fails to givve any reasoning so as to wwhy affinity should die

need fiiller po2t due two word liimiit

Wordcount: 409
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 05:49:10 PM by Shadoweh »

Don't lynch me.

Conqueror

« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2012, 06:08:37 AM »
Go go go

>:<
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:09:57 AM by Shadoweh »

Conqueror

« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2012, 06:10:08 AM »
fyi I just read that post and I have no idea what your Dormio case is.

Conqueror

« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »
You mad Shadoweh?  :flowerpower:

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2012, 06:15:18 AM »
I SHOULD SLEEP BUT HERE CONQ

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2012, 06:18:13 AM »
Unya. I thought Conq was asking for someone to post because he exceeded his limit and was spamming it up, then I realized it was Dan who wrote the long post.

EITHER WAY. BED TIME.

Conqueror

« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2012, 06:21:00 AM »
I SHOULD SLEEP BUT HERE CONQ

(Given my posting style this game I don't think exceeding the word limit will ever be an issue for me.)

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2012, 06:37:13 AM »
I haven't just targeted Bob, I've just been questioned on why Bob.
A lot.

##Unvote
Since no one else can see scum!Bob, switching to my second scumpick in hopes of lynching scum today.
FoS: Dr. Rawr
You demanded the box, then after Affinity made it clear he was holding onto it, you just...disappeared.  Please explain why you did so.
##Vote: Dorian
Dorian and Dan have acted similarly all game, active lurking their way through.  However, Dan appears to have a case to put together making him slightly more town to me.  I'm interested to see how the rest of it looks, Dormio is admittedly a pretty null read from me.

In fact most of the players this game are really unmemorable.

I'm going to be sporadically active at best tomorrow, Tuesdays have so many things I need to do, but I'll try to check in a few times.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2012, 06:43:01 AM »
Accidentally hit post instead of preview.  Oops.  More  :wikipedia: coming.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2012, 06:44:38 AM »
Bob's lurkiness is compounded by his unwillingness to place a vote.

Dorian has been lurking his way through the game making few points ,and has also been conservative with his vote (of the 10 votecounts so far, I believe 3 of them had Dorian with a vote on anyone)