Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 85753 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 1 STARTO)
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
I'm almost more worried you wouldn't, but I have to admit that I wouldn't teeeerribly mind that.

But still. I'd rather not end up getting stuck with you as the end-of-countdown box holder already.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
Given that UK said this wasn't bastard mod, I think it's safe to assume the box contains a bomb. Note that the timer is only 48 hours for the people  who can't read.

S'prolly better for whoever has the bomb to just toss it to a scumread ASAP or sommat. That'll create a clear path of accountability when we want to look back at it in the future. (Shadoweh you should have put a limit on the number of passes like in this game.)
Using it as a town "second lynch" is also possible but that just gets messy depending on the implementation.

##Vote: Omba

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
Serela's Recommended Box Plan

A.At some point once enough people have posted that we can have any sort of somewhat agreed town read, Affinity tosses box to them, assuming they haven't claimed that they will not be around at the box deadline (Or Affinity keeps it if that's fine, we'll see)
B.Townie With The Bomb treats it like a vig that can only be used on someone who is not around. They use it within a couple minutes of deadline (closer=better) on someone who does not seem to be around so as to reduce the chance that their target just instantly passes it off to someone else.

As unfortunate as it may sound, I think giving any warning of who they're passing the bomb to does more possible hurt then help, which would mean no claim would happen. Otherwise multiple people could end up being coaxed to claim under threat of vig which would be A Bad Thing, in addition to the fact that they could possibly try staying till deadline with the knowledge they were a likely target, which is also A Bad Thing because then the vigged turns into the vigger.

Conq:Tossing it to a scumread ASAP is meaningless because then the scumread will have lots of time to get rid of it again. If you mean "Let's play pass the bomb and if anyone does something bad with it we can tell later!" then TBH I don't really see how that would seriously work in a helpful manner, and it's probably best to just keep the box shenanigans to a minimum with as little possible passing as can be efficiently managed.

ANYWAY THIS IS A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF SETUP SHENANIGANS FOR ME TO BE TALKING ABOUT SO I AM GOING TO STOP POSTING FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS. I don't like a high degree of Play The Setup, plus it can be used as smokescreening by scum.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 09:45:14 PM »
Baby's First Votecount

Affinity (1): Dr. Rawr
Dormio (1): Omba
Kitten4u (1): Chaore
Dr. Rawr (2): I have no name, Serela
capt.h (1) : Action Dan
Chaore: (1) BT
Omba[ (1): Conqueror

Not voting: Mr. Bob, Dormio, Lady Lambdadelta, Dorian G, capt.h, Affinity, Kitten4u

Holding the Box: Affinity

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
There are 94 hours remaining.
Day End Countdown

Box Timer: 46:23:01
Box Timer Countdown
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:57:00 PM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 09:56:15 PM »
Serela, Conq's suggestion is that whoever has the box before deadline passes it to whoever they think is scum, and we can refer to that later in rereads.

Personally, I like this idea. This implies having the box sender be someone who is not necessarily obvtown, which is fine by me.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
So, this game has been called a bastard mod by Pesco.
Yukkuri mafia was called a bastard mod by Pesco.
Ergo, the mod must be a player.
##Vote Shadoweh

Anyway, firetruckbox shenanigans. Establish a town read, pass it to them, then have them throw it with like a minute left to go at whoever? Assuming it is a bomb, of course. Or just have Affinity throw it wherever. That's cool too.

And as for other shenanigans: I am a miller. Again. This means that investigations on me give a guilty result. LOVE you, Swadomeh.

Also, I will have limited access for the next two days. It's not my fault I have two assignments due, one of which I haven't started on, GOSH DARN it!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:57:35 PM by Shadoweh »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 10:01:12 PM »
Ergh I typed this up and lost it but RETYPING. What happened to me not posting for a few hours? Oh well.

PX likes Conq's Hot Potato plan as he thinks it could be thrown around like a vote to make connections sort of like a popcorn massclaim. I personally don't see how that would be useful at all because it wouldn't be any more powerful then a vote, and we would lose much control over who ended up holding it at deadline.

Especially once it got thrown to someone who ended up being AFK a long time, possibly even until the deadline.

For that matter, scum could throw it to someone they think wouldn't be around before the deadline (Even if the deadline is still 10~15 hours away this is completely realistic to happen!) and given how early in the game it still is they'd probably be able to justify the throw just fine, and later, well, "How was I supposed to know they wouldn't be around for the next XX hours?"

But yeah the worst part IMO would just be losing the control over who holds it at deadline. Thankfully any single good townie who gets the box even if people try to Hot Potato can stop it.

BT cut! BT, I already know that. And that is what votes are for. The box is not really any more dangerous then a vote except with dire consequences if you pass it to someone who does not show up until deadline afterwords. Which is easier for scum to take advantage of then town, and even scum can safely pass it to eachother as long as they check in their little scum QT or whatnot that the other one will be around to pass at some point.

The more passing that happens, the more likely scum will end up being able to significantly influence who holds it at deadline. Less Passing = Better. It also means less shenanigans will happen and less setup shenanigans is also Better.

Cut by Dormio agreeing, ilu.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2012, 10:07:25 PM »
Box is a pain. Nobody is going to want to hold it in 48 hours from either alignment. Either someone who can't be on at exactly 4:20 PM dies, or someone who is on at exactly 4:19 PM gets to kill whoever they want, or accidentally kill themselves if they're even a second off.

We should give it to someone who can be rediculously good with time at will be around at exactly 4:19:50 at the time it's set to go off.

Rawr seems town to me, so I'm completely for giving him the bomb.

##Vote: K4U

Anyhows, from what I've seen I don't think all the scum's have posted yet (if any).

Also, it would be super not fun for me to reveal why I think Rawr is the most likely town until all the players have posted. Don't want to tell scum how to act town.

DARN IT I PROMISED IT WOULDN'T TAKE ME THIS LONG TO WRITE POSTS.

ALSO CAPSLOCK MAKES THE GAME BETTER. Yay~ capslock!

- cut -

while you were typing 5 new replies have been posted.

GAH

Thankfully any single good townie who gets the box even if people try to Hot Potato can stop it.

NOPE

Any good townie would know even complete random chance is better than dying as confirmed town. A good townie would be forced to pass the box just because anyone else is more likely to be scum than the one person who's role PM you hold.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2012, 10:10:33 PM »
BY THAT I MEAN townies know they're town. Townies know other people are scum. Townies will ram that box out the door for even a small chance of hitting scum, over a 0% chance of hitting scum.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2012, 10:13:58 PM »
They won't get rid of it the instance they get it because it means they have a chance of getting it again.

Instead, a sane townie player will wait for the last second and then pass it to someone who isn't confirmed town. ~_~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2012, 10:14:16 PM »
capth confirmed for Can't Read

Rawr seems town to me, so I'm completely for giving him the bomb.
No, because Rawr wants to take the box and keep it. And since it's Rawr I can believe that he would.

And for what you said specifically to me, obviously I would intend for the Good Little Townie to throw it at the end of the 48 hours. Or to pass it to another Good Little Townie who wouldn't throw it (until needed) and would be around to do so.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2012, 10:15:15 PM »
also

##Unvote ##Vote Capth

Because I see you suggest to give it to Dr.Rawr and I'm like WHYYYYY WOULD YOU DOOOO THAAAAAT (other then to have a silly townie blow themselves up)

Omba

• ねえ...
  • 君の首...おいしそう
« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 10:16:31 PM »
Given that UK said this wasn't bastard mod, I think it's safe to assume the box contains a bomb. Note that the timer is only 48 hours for the people  who can't read.
That can be easily solved.
Mod: What happens to the player that has the box at the moment the timer runs out?

You win a free Minoriko

If there's no clear answer, that seems bastardy enough already. But, I just realized that if we have no way of knowing what exactly is inside, the best we can do is actually just treating it like it was a bomb. At least that will give us some reads regardless of whatever it actually does - and prevent anyone from using something along the lines of 'I didn't know what it does, so I did X' as an excuse for whatever.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:26:52 PM by Pesco »

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 10:23:05 PM »
No, because Rawr wants to take the box and keep it. And since it's Rawr I can believe that he would.

THEN WHY THE HECK WERE YOU VOTING RAWR  ???

Also

Townie who wouldn't throw it (until needed) and would be around to do so.

I get it now! Whoops.

Because I see you suggest to give it to Dr.Rawr and I'm like WHYYYYY WOULD YOU DOOOO THAAAAAT (other then to have a silly townie blow themselves up)

Well, you see, Rawr is the most obvious townie alive right now, precisely because of that behavior. I mean seriously, Not only does he come out front and center at the beginning of the day, but volunteers to take what could be a suicide? That's so not-scummy it hurts.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 10:24:50 PM »
Mind you, I DON'T THINK RAWR SHOULD HOLD IT UNTIL IT BLOWS UP.

That would be silly.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2012, 10:25:57 PM »
Jumping to "this man must be town" conclusions is fun and all but this can easily be reduced to WIFOM, like infinity other things.

At first I thought there was something stronger than that making you think he's town, like knowledge about the box, but oh well!

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 10:26:48 PM »
Scum aren't here yet, by the way.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »
Nah, you see, it's actually the way Rawr volunteered himself to the center of attention. He wanted to be put in a position where EVERYONE was looking DIRECTLY at him. Scum wouldn't want that. Part of it is from what I've seen of Rawr's play, I wouldn't picture him the type to draw unnecessary attention to himself as scum. He'd just quietly slither through day 1 and we'd be asking "Rawr Exists?"

At least, that's what I think.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 10:36:21 PM »
You win a free Minoriko
Give me the box right now.

As for the box, I say we Keine the shadoweh out of it. We can worry a biscuit ton about it and let Scum create a massive smokescreen about it, or we could just give no biscuits because we have no idea what it is and focus on the game.
I like this man. He speaks truths. Though I don't entirely agree about Keine'ing it, since that removes all accountability.
In all seriousness, isn't focussing solely on the box right now kind of stupid? Unless someone has an informed townie role, this is all conjecture and speculation. I figure the best thing to do is forget about it until the time comes, and do that thing where we look for scum instead.

Speaking of which.
@Rawr: Why do you want the box?
@Capth: What makes Rawr seem town to you?
@Serela: Do you have any thoughts on the game that aren't about the box?
@Shadoweh: Give it up, I know you're scum. Or a third party.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 10:36:41 PM »
Oh and Capth cut me with a response. Whatever.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
@Serela: Do you have any thoughts on the game that aren't about the box?
I don't like Capth trying to make giving it to rawr look like a good idea, because I think rawr is seriously liable to hold it through deadline. Hence why I'm voting him. If the box landed on rawr and he really does just want to hold it through deadline, then scum would basically get a free pass out of worrying about it.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 10:41:14 PM »
About that.

##Unvote
##Vote Serela

You're voting him because you don't like what he's doing? That has nothing to do with alignment. :U

I am actually pretty content with Capth's elaboration.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:12 PM »
Mm, after rethinking some things, what I said earlier isn't going to work because short deadlines + timezones + how easy it is to pass the bomb since there are no restrictions on passing.
Using it as a second lynch is probably fine, since we don't even know what happens when the box "explodes."

@mod, is the time for the box countdown immutable?
What the hell does immutable mean There is no  mechanic in the regular rules to change the timer.

In all seriousness, isn't focussing solely on the box right now kind of stupid? Unless someone has an informed townie role, this is all conjecture and speculation. I figure the best thing to do is forget about it until the time comes, and do that thing where we look for scum instead.
Pretty sure the point of this discussion is so that we can take care of what do with the thing ASAP. I like this discussion; it's giving me some potential town reads. ^_^/

Omba, what do you think should be done if you think the box is a bomb?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:49:35 PM by Shadoweh »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2012, 10:45:54 PM »
You're voting him because you don't like what he's doing? That has nothing to do with alignment. :U
Hey I explained why it would make sense for scum to do it!

And IMO my reasoning is legit because Dr.Rawr is pretty darn obviously implying he wouldn't intend on throwing it.

Conq is being a Good Little Townie and that makes me happy  :] He's currently my top pick for holding the box 'till deadline.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2012, 10:47:03 PM »
And even if you want to say "Rawr could just be bluffing/lying/etc", there's still that chance he isn't, and such. There's better ideas then gambling by giving it to him.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2012, 10:50:42 PM »
Eh, I dunno, I'm not getting the feeling he did it not because he wants Rawr to blow up, but rather because he wanted to pass it to (who he thinks is) mr. obvtown, and he disregarded the whole "but i wanna keep it" part.

I read what you're saying as "he wants to make it so it gets sent to Rawr and that is a bad idea and bad ideas are clearly scummy".

By the way, I'm pretty GOSH DARN sure Rawr was being less-than-half-serious when asking for the box and wanting to keep it. :V
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 10:57:02 PM by Shadoweh »

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2012, 10:51:23 PM »
**I'm getting the feeling he did it not because he wants Rawr to blow up, but rather...

One too many 'not', there.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2012, 10:52:34 PM »
Well this is basically this game's equivalent of RVS, so I'm going with what I've got so far, and that's what I've got!

I'm gonna go make a sandwich  :]

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2012, 10:53:16 PM »
Most people don't even have a reason for their vote right now, so :shrug:

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2012, 10:54:49 PM »
##Unvote

Whatever, I see where you're coming from but I don't agree with it, because you're basically punishing someone for bad play. And this makes my vote hypocritical so yeah.

##Vote IHNN

Hi there! You kind of disappeared. Nothing to add to the discussion?