Author Topic: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Thread 1)  (Read 86631 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: So You Want To Be The Townest Mafia (Day 1 STARTO)
« Reply #390 on: April 03, 2012, 07:00:33 PM »
sure ;w;

What I mean is, The timing of you mentioning the shift feels off given the box has been exploded for over a day and i mentioned the affinity thing way before that, and yes there was a shift because you had one read in mind and then decided it was wrong. And uh, Most of my pressure if any has been here for a while, so I'm not entirely sure why you decided to bring that up now? I'm pretty sure you posted before then. It seems like a really awkward moment to add it, even if you did shift the read mentally when you first saw that (Which I just realized is a thing you could've done).

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »
I expect(ed) it to, in fact, go to lynch, because most people acted like she didn't exist before my first vote.

Apparently she's "bleeding town". Who would have thought!

I commented on you only recently due to how I originally thought your ridic behavior is slightly justified but that changed with the reread and with your recent stuff.

I think you're both scum, and switching to you for your being annoying would be silly.

##Unvote
##Vote Chaore

However, switching to you because
*) the current wagons are bad and your wagon has more potential of succeeding
*) you're a lot more of a hindrance to town than LLD by discrediting anyone that hurts your cases (currently doing this lightly to not earn K4U's vote) so I want you dead first
is something I'm willing to do.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #392 on: April 03, 2012, 07:11:54 PM »
Yesterday I had literally gotten no sleep the night before, so it still feels like the box just blew up. :V  But that's mostly irrelevant because I didn't even notice the Affinity comment until the most recent reread for some reason.  I realize that I'm basically playing this game drunk, so I can't expect my usual level of play, but that's pretty embarrassing still. >x>

Hm, alright.  BT can respond to your points.  I'll keep all this in mind while reading.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
the most BEAUTIFUL post in the world
« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2012, 07:46:20 PM »
@Kitten4u: I'll pass on going at it with BT, thanks. He's pretty much doing his best to be as uncooperative, sarcastic, and me-like as possible these last few posts. If you're not posting, I'll be back when I'm done with all the work I should've been working of for the past hour instead of playing mafia to answer anything you do eventually post.

@BT: This... pretty much means no one really suspects her and probably won't be lynching her. Excellent job proving my point. Sarcasm on my own views noted.

Insult of my behavior of finding you as scum as 'ridiculous', noting not saying scummy, just trying to discredit my stance as a human being. Also goes on to discredit me more for being annoying, further avoiding any actual flaws. Trying to seem clearly right by being condescending and kind of a MAN opposed to pointing out why I'm wrong, why hello there scum!me i was not expecting to see you this game.

Not impressed by your vote switch. Really reads like you just panicked and realized if you continued to stay off me you'd be in trouble so you abandoned your case on LLD and needed a reason to switch onto me. The fact you're not switching to me because you think I'm more scummy or anything and instead -just because you think you can lynch me- speaks god CONFOUND IT VOLUMES about your intent, and trying to call me anti-town for something you've been doing for a while to me and Omba is just hillarious. Do note I never said 'Clearing him because he's having trouble understanding the game is a MEANIE and bad reason', but said it was completely uncharacteristic of Kitten.

I'm unfortunately seriously out of time now so I'll reread IHNN, Serela, and K4U tomorrow now.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:34:32 PM by Shadoweh »

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »
No, I have not cached up yet cause I need to make the content posts I promised, so where should I start:

I guess Conq is the first one I should address. He is the only one who actually identified my claim as the big fluffy null tail that it is, as long as we don't have a cult flip at last. So it's not a surprise that it didn't changed his view on me. If I'm not mistaken then he votes me for not seeing my case on capt. h and not being involved in the game so far and I intent to change both soon, I have to to see what he does then cause I don't recall him being involved that much either.

Lucy was at this point in her Dan tunnel. I have to say that I'm kinda worried about her current scum picks, not because I'm one of them but more that she rather goes for ?bad play? than ?scum play?. Her general willingness to make her hand dirty still make me feel better about her so she isn't my top priority right now.

Kitten believed my claim for role related reasons so I think she is town, she didn't give me any reason to think otherwise anyway.

Capt. h reaction was uninteresting but I wouldn't have unvoted him if I didn't thought he were town be now.

Chaore went for the town is weird and ?Dorian's claim is so LOVING weird and oddly Dorian as LOVELY I have no reason but to believe it.? What doesn't says that much, a ISO read is in order.

All in all the reactions are rather disappointing. I'll caching up now, cause I'm still somewhere on page 12 perceptions-wise, and then I'm going to address Conqs problems with my earlier case, if I don't see anything more urgent. This is going to be a long night.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2012, 08:44:49 PM »
It's funny I'm "uncooperative" when you spin every single thing I say into whatever.

Of course I'm going to switch to you if I can lynch you. You're both scum and my intent is to get your lynch.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #396 on: April 03, 2012, 09:04:01 PM »
A "lurker prod"? You prod for inactivity. You vote for lurking.Dormio's case is bad and mostly fluff but not in a scummy way.
How so?

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2012, 09:08:08 PM »
I felt like it was just a collection of random things that should somehow amount to scumminess but don't. The fluff part is because I felt most of the things mentioned are unnecessary nitpicks.

Either that or I had a hard time parsing it.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
Well, not my fault if you don't find the following to be scummy.
  • Not doing any scumhunting early game, content to provide two town reads and leave it at that whilst talking about the box. Note that he didn't even talk about the box much, though that may be due to a lack of activity in general.
  • A lack of activity in general.
  • Expressing willingness to kill Affinity for no reason.
  • Later trying to deny that this ever happened.
  • OMGUS voting myself and suspecting LLD for the same reason.
  • Using the fact that I didn't have a case three hours into the game as a legitimate point against me.
  • Using this very same point as a reason to defend himself.
  • Not to mention the thing that someone brought up about how I'm scum for voting him over the whole Affinity thing but the others aren't.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2012, 09:52:38 PM »
  :o

On Dan - have I mentioned that I really don't like his Dormio case? He's still voting Dormio because Dormio voted him for playing badly.

MOVING ON.

CONQ.

WHERE DO YOU STAND ON PEOPLE.

ESPECIALLY NOT DORIAN.

I mean, you talk ABOUT other people, kinda, in that you might offhand mention that they're null pointer exceptions, but your play is kinda SUPER passive and stuff, which is bad at best. I don't know where you stand on anyone besides Dorian. MAKE YOURSELF AN INTERESTING SUPER TOWNIE PLEASE  :D

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #400 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »
One, You Cut A Hole In The Twelfth Votecount

Affinity (1): Serela
Action Dan (4): Lady Lambdadelta, Dormio, capt.h, Dorian G.
I have no name (1): Dr. Rawr
BT (3): Chaore, Omba, Affinity
Dorian G. (3): Conqueror, I have no name, Kitten4u
Dormio (1): Action Dan
Chaore: (1): BT
capt.h (0) :
Kitten4u (0):
Dr. Rawr (0):
Omba (0):
Serela (0): 
Mr. Bob (0):
Conqueror (0):
Lady Lambdadelta (0):

Not voting: Mr. Bob

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
There are 20 hours remaining. Or you can hammer faster!
Day End Countdown
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 11:41:53 PM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dorian White

• The most handsome non-vampire diplomat you ever encountered ~
  • With a Gandalf like evolution.
« Reply #401 on: April 04, 2012, 12:00:12 AM »
So to clarify my case on Capt. h for Kitten, whos question I forgot yesterday, and Conq, it was mostly founded on the problems I had with his assumption in combination with his vote. The first problem was that he generally cleared everyone participated in the speculation but also voted Dan who clearly participated in the speculation what I had seen as a contradiction. The other problem was the second part of his assumption that scum would take a passive position in the game what I thought would apply to his own ?wait and see what Dan does? position. And yes I went for an odd point that worried me, to clarify it , instead of something scummy cause I haven't seen anything scummy at this point. I hope that helps you cause I don't know what else I should say about it.

Oh that is the reaction flavor I already missed, ?OMG he is causing ITP panic? so I guess I have no name is town too.

So now it's almost 2am so everything else comes later. Good night.
Bella gerant alii, tu felix Gensokyo nube. Nam quae Mars aliis, dat tibi diva Venus.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #402 on: April 04, 2012, 12:14:56 AM »
So, like, since nobody is posting, I might as well use this opportunity to talk or something. And then, like, Dorian just totally cut me making my previous statement, like, totally irrelevant or something.

I mean, it's like, totally not cool to kind of you know, like, disappear when the deadline is approaching.

Mr. Bob you are, like, totally a thing. Is it really so impossible for you to, like, get at least one scumread in the span of 72 hours? I mean, like, you know if this were any other day the lynch would have, like, totally occurred by now. Just saying. I mean I know you, like, totally said in #228 that you're, like, totally conservative with your vote and stuff and that's, like, totally cool. But what isn't cool is your inability to, like, have an opinion on anyone whatsoever. You say in #340 that you're, like, totally wondering why Dan thinks that Rawr is, like, town or something. Does that mean that you think that Rawr is, like, totally scum? No but seriously why are you, like, so totally hard to read? I think that this behaviour is totally, like, scummy or something.

And then we have, like, Conq who's not quite like Mr. Bob but has been, like, totally forgettable. I mean, like, it's easy for me to forget that Conq is even playing this game. I mean it's like you just totally make random comments about, like, you know what's popular at the time but you don't really seem to, like, commit to them or something. I, like, totally need to remember that you exist and give you a proper read like sometime soon or something.

There's also BT who, like, feels totally off for some reason. I guess if I had to put it down to something it would be, like, the whole chainsaw defending Dan. I mean it's like, you know, who even does that anymore?

DrRawr posting something relevant would be, like, totally cool and SHIZUNAS, you know?

And I'm, like, totally not running out of words.

Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck Firetruck
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:42:47 AM by Shadoweh »

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #403 on: April 04, 2012, 12:19:50 AM »
I'm back from school, so you can have more words Dormio! \o/

BT, even if you think he's being frustrating can you respond to Chaore's case please?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #404 on: April 04, 2012, 12:38:34 AM »
Will post in a few.

Dormio, perhaps you haven't considered the possibility that Dan is town, making the "chainsaw defending Dan" statement nonsensical? Also, what about the stuff that Dorian cut you with makes your previous statement about him irrelevant? He posted a clarification of the case he's since dropped and posted a bit about reaction flavour. I do see that he posted a Dan case; I'll look at that shortly.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Conqueror

« Reply #405 on: April 04, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »
Also, speak normal English noob. I might think you're making fun of us or something. I mean, that's totally the tone you take when you're doing something like that, right?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Conqueror

« Reply #406 on: April 04, 2012, 12:42:46 AM »
Dormio's post did prompt me to look at rawr though, who's posted nothing but one-liner fluff since the box ~*explosion*~. Rawr, update your IHNN case; it's pretty stale now.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #407 on: April 04, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »
My previous statement I was, like, totally talking about my statement that nobody was, like, you know, posting anything.
I mean I was, like, totally just sitting through my lecture refreshing mafia and nobody was, like, posting! And then when I actually, like, you know start writing my post, I get cut! I was, like, totally shocked!
I actually hadn't, you know, like read Dorian's post when I posted mine. I'll, like, totally get on that during my break on when I get home if I'm not, like, fast enough.

Also this is, like, you know, totally normal english.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #408 on: April 04, 2012, 12:44:47 AM »
SHIZUNAS
WHAT HAVE YOU GOT AGAINST THE SHIZ?
YOU KNOW, LIKE SHIZUHA? THE SHIZ?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #409 on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:19 AM »
Dormio, perhaps you haven't considered the possibility that Dan is town, making the "chainsaw defending Dan" statement nonsensical?
I kind of, like, totally believe in myself. I mean it's, like, you know if I don't believe in myself, why would anyone else, like, totally believe in me?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #410 on: April 04, 2012, 12:48:39 AM »
Also, like, why do you think that I, like, totally want to see Dan die first?

Conqueror

« Reply #411 on: April 04, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »
Because you're voting for him and he's the guy you made several post-long cases on maybe?
Unless I skimmed something wrong.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #412 on: April 04, 2012, 01:01:33 AM »
Exactly! So, like, I don't really know what you're talking about. I mean you've, like, totally lost me.
I think Dan is, like, totally scum so BT chainsaw defending Dan is also, like, totally suspicious.

Affinity

• hoho
  • ... but I have promises to keep.
« Reply #413 on: April 04, 2012, 01:11:37 AM »
@K4U: I certainly think that Conq is scummier than BT and the others, but I've been voting him for quite a long time without much support, except for token comments from BT, capt.h, Chaore, Dorian, and Dormio all of a sudden, which is quite mysterious.  BT's LLD vote was pressing enough for me to switch to him.  Too many people have their pet cases which they aren't willing to change very much, especially with the new BT vs. Chaore thing.

Everyone seems to have an unrealistic view of human psychology nowadays in their cases.  Really, Chaore's explanation on how BT is smokescreening for switching to a newer better case sounds like he's viewing through the lenses of a death prophet.  BT's return accusation that Chaore is treading lightly on K4u's toes and is discrediting anyone who disagrees with his cases seems like woeful exaggeration.  I really don't know about this game.

Will be back after breakfast.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #414 on: April 04, 2012, 01:20:02 AM »
Alright, I don't think I can actually read this thing again.  I keep trying, but my eyes are just glazing over the words.  I don't really have much more to say.  I don't think BT is scum.  I'll switch to Dan if I have to, but I like my vote where it is.

Dorian, are you seriously trying to pass your claim off as a silly gambit? >_>  Aren't you the one that said you didn't like gambits and reaction fishing because they made people hard to read?  Explanation on Capth isn't really satisfying.  I don't see a reason to move my vote.
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #415 on: April 04, 2012, 01:29:01 AM »
Actually, I suppose I should be more specific.

You outed your role and increased your chances of being recruited into a cult if there is one, when you didn't have to warn town about a cult because of your role name (it'd be obvious once you flipped because of the role name), when you had decided to hide your role because you thought it was important enough, all because you wanted to fish for reactions?  A strategy you said in past games is generally bad?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Conqueror

« Reply #416 on: April 04, 2012, 01:35:19 AM »
Uh, I don't think he's trying to pass his claim off as an attempt to fish for reactions, but I have to frown at the way he frames all his reads after the fact in terms of reactions to his claim, where reads in this case means short blurbs on what everyone did. And as far as I can tell, he's voting Dan for...instantly believing his claim and ignoring what he thought was a third-party anti-cult vig? Dorian, pray tell me how this is scummy beyond your sweeping claim that all claimed third parties should die ASAP.

Conqueror

« Reply #417 on: April 04, 2012, 01:38:29 AM »
Also, for those people who missed it the first time, I think Dorian is possibly telling the truth about being an anti-cult vig. This does not clear him of being scum by any means; the perfect way to balance a scum vig is to let them not hit any town (cough cough). But really, the claim is not why I'm all for lynching him. Look at his...content. Or lack of it, rather.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #418 on: April 04, 2012, 01:40:52 AM »
Quote from: Dorian
Sorry that it took so long but the point of provoking reactions to let things evolve on there on to see what you get out of it. Maybe I waited too long but I blame my bad timing for it.^^;
He said that.  How else am I supposed to interpret it?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Conqueror

« Reply #419 on: April 04, 2012, 01:55:33 AM »
Going down the list...the entire ActionDan fiasco is stupid. Dan is being reactionary and letting his anger at the voters on his wagon get the better of him. I think he's town, but he needs to start trying to understand why people might be voting him. I don't have any problems with the voters on the Dan wagon except for Dorian, who just jumped on opportunistically.

Cut: Well if that's what he really means then the entire thing just smells worse imo.