Author Topic: The Company of the Nine  (Read 85052 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: The Company of the Nine
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »
Current tally is two votes for asking "How to fix the land," and one for "how to take out Lord Dracula" (from poor Kasu way back when).
Ah, you know what?  Change my vote to the majority.  Fixing the land is more important anyway.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2012, 02:54:05 AM »
I imagine they'll be connected, anyways.

Besides, Dracula's a punk. A solicitor with an epee (read giant useless fencing needle) managed to drive him back. It's almost as shameful as Cthulhu being weak to steamship elemental.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2012, 03:20:50 AM »
And a few for 'How do we get the rest of the Nine?' And add me to that number.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:08 AM »
Ah you are correct.  Still that brings it to 3 in favor of how to fix the land and 2 with 1 against for how can we become the nine.  I'll give it another hour then start writing so those stuck in other time zones can give a final word/see the answer.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:31 AM »
You turn to the fates.  "So tell us then Wyrd Sisters, how may we free the land and bring back our rightful home."

The three give you a dark look, then turn to one another for a moment.  The Maiden speaks first.  "This was begun when the dreams of this world changed."

"It will end when the dreams change back," continued the Crone.

The Mother finishes.  "Gods and Demons, Fairies and Men, all dream of their old worlds.  You must end their dreams or change them all."

They begin to speak in unison.  "You must take the crowns of three kings, one of light, one of twilight, and one of darkness.  You must end the tales of three pantheons, one doomed by ancient saga, one forgotten despite ruling heaven, one sitting dead and in solitude.  When all six have fallen, their dream will end, and ours will return."

"Kings and Gods are mighty indeed.  You will need Luck, and Strength, a Knowledge possessed by neither demon nor man, and a Power as great as the Winter Snow.  And you will need to know your own strengths, child of the twilight.  You must grow your own powers, as you travel these lands."

They point to you.  "By proving your worth."
They turn to Wriggle.  "By healing these lands."
They point to Mystia.  "By stealing new songs."
They look at Rumia. "By terror and death."
They turn to Daiyousei. "By claiming your own."

"Though this you will find victory."

You mull over their words a bit.  The kings they speak of must certainly be the King of the Village, Lord Oberon, and Count Dracula.  But the only invader gods you know of are Odin and his pantheon atop the mountain.  Perhaps they are in places you cannot yet reach?  And what other hints were there?  You consider the matter.  Perhaps you can figure out who is weakest of your targets at least from this.  Or where to go to gain greater power.  Or perhaps you should clarify something.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:43:18 AM by Iced Fairy »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2012, 05:34:50 AM »
RIght, now let's ask about how to find the rest of the Nine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2012, 06:44:07 AM »
A better question may be to ask more about these dreams; we're going to need to know all we can if we're going to topple them.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2012, 01:47:37 PM »
We can always ask both.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »
A better question may be to ask more about these dreams; we're going to need to know all we can if we're going to topple them.
You're utterly certain that by dreams they speak of are the connections between belief (or disbelief) and existence withing this realm.  Asking questions about that would only give you a primer on the Hakurei Barrier.  In more simple parlance they are telling you to either force these groups to abdicate their positions or stab them in the face.

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2012, 05:17:27 PM »
In more simple parlance they are telling you to either force these groups to abdicate their positions or stab them in the face.

That is pretty simple parlance. How about we ask how each group can be defeated and get some cool and vague-sounding mortal weaknesses, "not of a woman born"- style

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »
I concur with guy about asking about the rest of the Nine.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:34 PM »
Rather, I meant asking what the desires of these forces actually is, so we know what to plan against.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2012, 08:37:59 PM »
Rather, I meant asking what the desires of these forces actually is, so we know what to plan against.
Given the desires of all the ones you know are very open, this question seems like a waste.  The king of the village and Lord Dracul wish to expand.  Oberon wishes to be amused.  And the norse gods want to stomp out Kanako's resistance and then go a viking.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »
Yeah, and they have to have some idea how they're going to do this. The Aesir have to have some idea how they're going to break the resistance, the monarchs have to have some idea how they're going to solidify their claims, and so on. Knowing some nuts and bolts and timetables would be terribly useful.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #224 on: March 20, 2012, 09:59:38 PM »
Knowing some nuts and bolts and timetables would be terribly useful.
You'll save yourself a lot of heartache by just asking about one of them instead of trying to figure out how to beat them based off their train tables.  Especially since two of the three probably currently involve "intensify food and lumber acquisition in order to support a larger army."  While Mystia would support you busting up chicken farms for the next 2 years in order to stop the King's plans, it seems beneath a knight.

In any cases current solidified votes are:
2 for "How do we become the nine?"
There have been suggestions for specific questions on targets, and figuring out a target amongst yourselves and exiting is also an option.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2012, 08:55:45 PM »
Hmm...  The "How do we become the Nine" question seems like the most important right now, so lets go with that.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2012, 10:16:02 PM »
You weigh your options for a while before coming to a conclusion.  You began this journey looking for more allies.  Perhaps you should ask about those that the Wyrd sisters claim should join you.  Your allies eventually agree.  Mystia steps forward and asks "How do we become the Nine."

"You must gather four more to your cause.  One from each of our realms, and another from all of our realms," replies Marisa.

Alice nods, "Two lie sleeping, and one is bound, the last hides from all.  But when you find them, they shall be drawn to you."

"With all of them at your side you shall have the power needed to break the heavens and unleash the dead," Patchouli finishes.

"The first is of my realm, born of the first mother created and banished.  A maiden of the Lilim," says the Maiden.  "Once she was close to us, but the Fates have no servants.  She lies bound and unbound in the place that was her home, forgotten and vengeful.  An insignificant devil, she alone can slip past the gatekeepers of heaven."

"The second is of my realm, mother to so many, though untouched by a man," says the Mother.  "Her children lay low the strongest of foes.  She wields a power that has slain more men then any army.  Despised by all, she hides from the world, her form now twisted and dark as the home she was driven to.  But her heart remains pure, and her strength will aid yours."

"The third is of my realm," hacks the Crone, "though she rivals my age.  A Goddess of Death, the elder sister.  She sleeps and awaits her and her sister's time, for no one can stop her, despite her weakness.  Find her where the gods war, and awaken her, for she wields a power that can kill the world, for a time."

They speak in unison again.  "The last is a legend, one of all our realms.  She is a crone, older then the gods that once ruled this land.   A mother to her people, who have covered the earth.  And a maiden, being passed up by the prince for the princess.  She sleeps with her masters, though none master her, and her luck will give you the edge to find victory."

"With these four at your side, you shall be the Nine in truth."

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2012, 10:20:24 PM »
Hmm...  You guys have any ideas to the potential identities?  I have a few inklings, but I feel like they're probably off the mark.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2012, 10:28:50 PM »
Hmm...  You guys have any ideas to the potential identities?  I have a few inklings, but I feel like they're probably off the mark.
You'll never know unless you offer them.  You people need to discuss things with your fellows more.  As a bonus you can be 'reminded' by me of things 'you' should know.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2012, 10:37:26 PM »
I kinda have a few thoughts myself.
According to what I could gather from the cryptic hints, it's likely this.

Insignificant Devil = Koakuma
Twisted Darkness with a Pure Heart = Shinki? Maybe Hina. (THe whole 'Her children lay low the strongest of foes.  She wields a power that has slain more men then any army.' line would imply them both.)
Goddess of Death, The elder sister = Remilia or Flandre
Legendary Crone = Yukari? (The mention of luck implies Tewi. Which would fit with the Tale of The Hare of Inaba.)
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2012, 11:01:56 PM »
The elder sister = Remilia or Flandre

Flandre is the younger sister.

There are four groups of well known sisters in Gensoukyo.  The Scarlets, with Remilia being the eldest.  The Komeijis, with Satori being the eldest.  The Akis, with Shizuha being the eldest.  And the Prismrivers, with Lunasa being the eldest.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2012, 11:18:00 PM »
Goddess of Death, The elder sister = Remilia
Legendary Crone = Yukari?
Those were the three I considered the most likely myself, although the second riddle has me pretty stumped at the moment...  It could be Shinki as you had suggested, but I guess the only way we'll find out the definitive answers to these riddles will be to search out the individuals themselves.

Iced Fairy

• Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2012, 11:24:05 PM »
I will add that, far more importantly, all four have their locations hinted at as well.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2012, 11:33:41 PM »
Alright, time to talk.

You weigh your options for a while before coming to a conclusion.  You began this journey looking for more allies.  Perhaps you should ask about those that the Wyrd sisters claim should join you.  Your allies eventually agree.  Mystia steps forward and asks "How do we become the Nine."

"You must gather four more to your cause.  One from each of our realms, and another from all of our realms," replies Marisa.

Alice nods, "Two lie sleeping, and one is bound, the last hides from all.  But when you find them, they shall be drawn to you."

"With all of them at your side you shall have the power needed to break the heavens and unleash the dead," Patchouli finishes.

"The first is of my realm, born of the first mother created and banished.  A maiden of the Lilim," says the Maiden.

I could use a reminder about what we know about Lilim.

"Once she was close to us, but the Fates have no servants.  She lies bound and unbound in the place that was her home, forgotten and vengeful.  An insignificant devil, she alone can slip past the gatekeepers of heaven."

This does sound like Koakuma to me, but I haven't the slightest idea why Koakuma would be able to pass into heaven. Location wise, I'm reminded of Medicine Melancholy, or maybe even Mima, but I'm inclined to think this is Koakuma.

"The second is of my realm, mother to so many, though untouched by a man," says the Mother.  "Her children lay low the strongest of foes.  She wields a power that has slain more men then any army.  Despised by all, she hides from the world, her form now twisted and dark as the home she was driven to.  But her heart remains pure, and her strength will aid yours."

I was actually inclined to think of Yukari, but Shinki does make more sense in this context. It depends if Alice's realm is the realm of mothers as a fate or Shinki's realm as Alice. Alternatively, I could argue that it's Satori Komeiji, who lives in the underground, who's pets (or "children") command nuclear fusion, and who is despised by everyone as a satori.

"The third is of my realm," hacks the Crone, "though she rivals my age.  A Goddess of Death, the elder sister.  She sleeps and awaits her and her sister's time, for no one can stop her, despite her weakness.  Find her where the gods war, and awaken her, for she wields a power that can kill the world, for a time."

Now this is interesting, and I'd like a reminder of where the gods war.

I think this is Shizuha. If I recall, the gods war on Youkai mountain, and her power is over Autumn. Autumn's power is unstoppable, and quite literally kills the world for a time. Though she is proably rivals the age of the Fates, she easily out-ages Patchouli, but she's the closest person I can figure.

They speak in unison again.  "The last is a legend, one of all our realms.  She is a crone, older then the gods that once ruled this land.   A mother to her people, who have covered the earth.  And a maiden, being passed up by the prince for the princess.  She sleeps with her masters, though none master her, and her luck will give you the edge to find victory."

"With these four at your side, you shall be the Nine in truth."

Tewi? Tewi's arguably as ancient as rabbits (which do cover the earth), and her masters are sleeping. Plus with the luck aspect makes me think of the rabbit.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2012, 11:51:06 PM »
Hmm...  Alright then, so depending on the people in question we can more or less roughly guess where we should head to find them all.

The first location, since we seem to have a consensus so far that the person in question might be Koakuma, would obviously be the SDM, more specifically Voile.

Capt H. raises some good points, which means the second location could be either Makai or the Underground, more specifically the City.   Of course, this all depends on who the riddle is actually hinting at.  Also, if we consider Hanzo's Hina guess, the forest around Youkai Mountain should also be a place worth checking out.

Again, Capt raised some good points, however I'm still a bit iffy on ruling out Remilia, so this splits the possibilities between Youkai Mountain and the SDM.

Lastly, rereading the riddle does make it seem like it's hinting more at Tewi than Yukari, so that would mean the most likely place is Eientei...

Sorry if most of this is glaringly obvious.  I just wanted to get this out there so that I could organize my thoughts a bit better.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
Hina, Shizuha, and the hiking equipment we would need to fully explore the underground all rest on Youkai Mountain. I would not be opposed to going there next.

Also, I'm changing my 2nd guess.

It has occured to me that Yamame, who considering the effects this incident has held over our other friends has a high chance of being in the form of a spider, wields power over illness itself, and resides in the underground, is probably a better fit. Regardless, the location is clearly someplace dark and twisted, so I imagine the underground is the best place to look.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2012, 12:16:15 AM »
Capth pretty much said what I was going to say before I went to get a shower.

I'm thinking there's value in still hitting up the garden of the sun before the night's out, for more informations and such. Also possibly a nice place to sleep if we can sweettalk Yuka properly.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2012, 12:19:26 AM »
I would like to check out that tent from before prior to going to the Garden of the sun if possible.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #238 on: March 22, 2012, 12:22:34 AM »
I would like to check out that tent from before prior to going to the Garden of the sun if possible.
Agreed.  I'm all for checking out the Garden, but it might benefit us to check out the tent first.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #239 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:15 AM »
My own thoughts:

Twisted Darkness with a Pure Heart = Not sure here, but I think I'm leaning towards Yamame at the moment.
Goddess of Death, The elder sister = Clearly Shizuha
Legendary Crone = Also unsure. In addition to the possibilities already presented, Eirin comes to mind. I'm not sure how she'd fit some of the clues, but she most certainly fits the one about age.