Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31645 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #420 on: March 26, 2012, 08:24:40 PM »
>Let Shinki and Alice talk. Be alert for any attacks headed our way.

> "Shinki... you're wrong. You misunderstand. I know what you mean. I know what you desire. What you don't understand, is that people change, it's fundamental. Do you even know that I'm no longer human? Have you realised I'm a youkai Magician now? Like Mai and Yuki? Yet you're treating me the same. You are too used to your vision of a perfect world, but for me, no matter what you do, you cannot replicate the bonds I have created here!" Alice said.

> "Bonds? I could re-create the ones you hold those bonds with within Ma.." Shinki began, before Alice dashed towards her, and slapped her.

> "YOU CANNOT RECREATE MEMORIES! You cannot create emotions! You cannot create the bonds I have with Gensokyo, even if you re-create it within Makai! No matter if you are a God or a Fairy! You cannot replicate the heart!"

> Shinki is silent.

> Thirty seconds, you notice Elis stops fighting, unable to see, and clearly injured by the efforts of the Satori family.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #421 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:37 PM »
>Oh yeah, let Alice and Shinki have it out.
>Move ourselves to where someone is in front of YuugenMagan, get their attention so everyone in the way sees us, then let's see if we can pull a dark energy version of Master Spark.
> We're not targeting the giant thing, we're targeting everything close to it. It's just in the way.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #422 on: March 26, 2012, 08:41:42 PM »
>And once the timer hits 10, we put the ribbon back on. No way in hell are we going berserk.
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #423 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »
>Oh yeah, let Alice and Shinki have it out.
>Move ourselves to where someone is in front of YuugenMagan, get their attention so everyone in the way sees us, then let's see if we can pull a dark energy version of Master Spark.
> We're not targeting the giant thing, we're targeting everything close to it. It's just in the way.

> You leave Alice and Shinki to their devices.

> You fly into position, and notice Cirno happens to be directly in front of YuugenMagan. Spouting her usual 'strongest' business. You've been waiting to do this for a long time, the fairy had this coming, to be honest.

> You fire a massive blast of dark energy towards Cirno, and Byakuren flashes past at her top speed [Which is really, really fast with her buffing magic] and moves her out of the way.

> YuugenMagan releases a horriffic screech, and the eyes vanish. The being in the center seems to turn into a solid, golden coulored figure, and makes for the portal, picking up Elis on the way. Senseing the other two fleeing, and Shinki's will to fight broken, Sariel also retreats. Only Yumeko and Shinki remain in Gensokyo now.

> You start to feel bloodlust entering your mind, a pretty strong sign your time is almost up, and put the ribbon back on. You revert back to your normal form instantly, with your hand being pushed away from the ribbon gently.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #424 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:11 PM »
>"Woah."
>"That was cool!"
>Beat.
"Except for the whole wanting to kill everyone thing."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #425 on: March 26, 2012, 08:59:09 PM »
>"Woah."
>"That was cool!"
>Beat.
"Except for the whole wanting to kill everyone thing."

> Everyone gives you a stare as if to say "What the hell just happened.". Except Alice, Yumeko, and Shinki.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #426 on: March 26, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »
>"Oh yeah, Yukari told me there's a superpowerful evil me that my ribbon seals away. Right now I can only have it off for a short time, but as I keep making friends and stuff, I get the power back without turning evil!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #427 on: March 26, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »
>"So I guess I really am powered by all my friends!"
>Let's fly over to Marisa. "Hey, Marisa! Hey! Is this what powers all those lasers, and that Master Spark you use?! It's awesome!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #428 on: March 26, 2012, 09:36:46 PM »
>"Oh yeah, Yukari told me there's a superpowerful evil me that my ribbon seals away. Right now I can only have it off for a short time, but as I keep making friends and stuff, I get the power back without turning evil!"

> "You know what? I'm not surprised one bit that Yukari is involved in this." Reimu said.

> "She didn't even tell us, did she Ran-sama?" Chen says. Ran shakes her head.

>"So I guess I really am powered by all my friends!"
>Let's fly over to Marisa. "Hey, Marisa! Hey! Is this what powers all those lasers, and that Master Spark you use?! It's awesome!"

> "Or good deeds, or whatever. Yukari can be hard to read sometimes." Reimu said.

> "Nope~ze. They're powered by hard work, mushrooms, and the Mini-Hakkero!" Marisa says cheerfully.

> "And no hint of creativity at all." Yuuka said, shooting Marisa an evil look.

> "I got it from Mima-sama!" Marisa said. Reimu facepalmed, thinking of how Mima wanted to steal her Hakurei powers for her own. For once, Reimu had to agree Marisa might be telling the truth. The Evil Spirit just slapped her student over the head.

Yumeko flies back into the portal, and Shiknki heads there too, before turning around, her wings turning white again. A blast of white light fills the underground city... and the next moment, Shinki and the portal are gone, and all the damage is repaired.

« Reply #429 on: March 26, 2012, 09:41:51 PM »
>Head to Alice
>"Hey, are you okay?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #430 on: March 26, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
>Head to Alice
>"Hey, are you okay?"

> "Let's just say I convinced her. I need to speak to Reimu... she's not gonna be happy about the terms..." Alice said.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #431 on: March 26, 2012, 10:13:31 PM »
>"What are 'terms' anyhow? Something you eat?"

Hey, we may be the hero, but we're still a hopelessly adorable derp. xD
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #432 on: March 26, 2012, 10:20:57 PM »
>"What are 'terms' anyhow? Something you eat?"

Hey, we may be the hero, but we're still a hopelessly adorable derp. xD

> "The agreements. What we have to do so she keeps her end of the bargin. Hey Reimu! What do you think of the border between Makai and Gensokyo opening once every two months so Shinki can visit!" Alice shouted.

> "Hell No."

> "It's either that or we get Shinki attempting this all over again in a year or so when she goes mad from not seeing me again..." Alice warned.

> "... Fine, fine. Yukari would probobly troll me anyway if I tried to stop it." Reimu said.

Yep, your intellect that you regained upon unsealing has been re-sealed. You're back to being a derpy youkai what looks about ten, or young teens.

> You do feel quite a bit stronger than before, but considering you did just save Gensokyo, you decide not to make a deal about it in front of everyone. Especially since a certain Miko might see you as a danger due to what just happened.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #433 on: March 26, 2012, 10:29:02 PM »
>"Everyone gets a happy end!"
>Beat.
>"Heeey....that sounds like the idea I said before everything went crazy!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #434 on: March 27, 2012, 06:13:01 AM »
>"Everyone gets a happy end!"
>Beat.
>"Heeey....that sounds like the idea I said before everything went crazy!"

> "Uuh, yeah, whateve you say Rumia." Reimu said.

> At this point several of the groups gathered here begin to leave. Ran and Chen enter a gap that opened right under them, it seems Yukari wanted them back. Yuuka leaves almost right after, not being exactly social. Yuyuko says farewell and also leaves, prompting Youmu to follow, and Byakuren states she has to get back to her temple.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #435 on: March 27, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »
>Smile. "At least Gensokyo's been saved! Wait'll Daiyousei hears about this, eh Cirno?"
>What of Mima, is she just chatting it up with Marisa?
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #436 on: March 27, 2012, 02:09:55 PM »
>Smile. "At least Gensokyo's been saved! Wait'll Daiyousei hears about this, eh Cirno?"
>What of Mima, is she just chatting it up with Marisa?

> "Yeah, I beat that giant eye thing! I fired some Ice at it, then I got moved away and it went boom!" Cirno said. She's clearly oblivious to the fact that you fired a massive wave of dark energy and Byakuren saved her, but maybe it's best to let Cirno live in her fantasy world.

> Mima is with Marisa. She seems to be commenting on how she thought Marisa would have come far enough to at least hit her while they were fighting. Reimu keeps giving the evil spirit a look that says 'Go away.'

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #437 on: March 27, 2012, 02:14:07 PM »
>We'll be sure to give Dai the real story of how things went down later, when Cirno's not around. We'll let her bask in her misguided-ness for now.
>Float over to those two then. "You taught Marisa? Is that so~?"

(Come on, you know we had to throw that in sometime!)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #438 on: March 27, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »
>We'll be sure to give Dai the real story of how things went down later, when Cirno's not around. We'll let her bask in her misguided-ness for now.
>Float over to those two then. "You taught Marisa? Is that so~?"

(Come on, you know we had to throw that in sometime!)

> Well, Daiyousei, despite being the smartest fairy, is still a fairy. She'll probobly not understand half of what you say. Of course, maybe Sunny's trio will eat up your story better, they love attempting to one-up Cirno after all.

> "Yes, although it looks like she's been learning from others..." Mima said, before asking, "Aside from Kanzami's attack, what else have you stolen?"

> "Absolutely nothing. All my attacks are completely origional ~ze." Marisa said.

> "I know when you're lying." Mima warned, causing a little 'eep' from Marisa.

> Everyone still present broke out into laughter, except Marisa, Koishi [Due to her heart being sealed and all that], and Mima.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #439 on: March 27, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
>Fly around giggling like the loon we are. "Oooh~ You're in trouble~!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #440 on: March 27, 2012, 03:38:39 PM »
>Fly around giggling like the loon we are. "Oooh~ You're in trouble~!"

> You start to tease Marisa, and, naturally, the rest of your quartet join in. Kogasa is flying about randomly, doing what she does best... attempting to surprise people, and failing.

> Sukia and Yuugi suddenly show up again. They vanished after the fight, although Sukia didn't have her massive container with her, she does now.

> "Well, I can think streight for two seconds. That means its' time to drink!" Sukia said.

> "Anyone with any common sense should know what happens when two of the Deva get together!" Yuugi said.

> "Remember the Missing Power incident Reimu? Well this party's gonna be BIGGER!" Sukia roared, as the sake contained grew, and grew... and grew... until it was bigger than everyone else put together, big enough that everyone could swim in it's radius.

> "Ah, that's why it looked like so little Sukia! You were making it dense!" Yuugi said happily.

> "Not sure if I should join in, or get ready to burn it..." Reimu muttered, looking really not-serious.

> "I know what your parties do to the city you Oni... just... try to keep at least half the city intact." Satori said.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #441 on: March 27, 2012, 03:40:46 PM »
>Fly behind Reimu and start pushing her towards the two Oni. "Come on! We just saved Gensokyo, it's only right that there oughta be a party! Even I can see that much!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #442 on: March 27, 2012, 04:07:59 PM »
>Fly behind Reimu and start pushing her towards the two Oni. "Come on! We just saved Gensokyo, it's only right that there oughta be a party! Even I can see that much!"

> "Hey, hey, stop that, didn't you look at my face?! I wasn't serious Rumia!" Reimu says, protesting.

> "Oh yeah!" Yuugi says remembering. "We can't have any minors even around this stuff! It's the potent Oni Brew. This amount, even the vapor will get you drunk! Uh... how old is everyone anyway?" Yuugi said.

> "We can't exactly tell by looking, different Youkai age at different speeds." Sukia said.

> "Yeah, like Miss Satori looks like a twelve year old lo... AWAARAG!" Yuugi says, holding her head. Satori looks livid.

> "Don't even THINK about calling me that." she says.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:12:10 PM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #443 on: March 27, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »
>"Well, can't we just set that aside for you two then, and everyone else drinks the normal stuff? Well, unless Marisa's teacher can handle that stuff you two have. I mean, she's already dead or something right? So she should be fine!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #444 on: March 27, 2012, 04:14:45 PM »
>"Well, can't we just set that aside for you two then, and everyone else drinks the normal stuff? Well, unless Marisa's teacher can handle that stuff you two have. I mean, she's already dead or something right? So she should be fine!"

> "Rumia, the sake that Oni make is the best Sake in the world. It's strong, but tastes good, and is perfect for a party. As they said, it's only the amount that'll get you drunk, and, besides, we're all probobly gonna be done and back to our normal business WEEKS before those two are done." Rin explains.

> "Except we have to live with it." Satori added.

> "We can just keep the hole to the Blazing Fires open, the heat'll keep the booze-air away." Rin says.

> "Good point, Okku's back anyway." Satori says.

[This is in the closing stages now, so I'll open up a discussion about what to do next, because planning and all that jazz. Do you want me to cook up Rumia Quest III, or do you want a different character? If the latter, say who [If you have any specific idea] and if you want it in the Rumia Quest universe, or a reset back to just-after Ten Desires Canon.]

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #445 on: March 27, 2012, 04:18:44 PM »
>"Oh, well in that case, let's party!"

I say Rumia Quest 3, and in this same world.
I've kinda taken a shine to the little goofball, so I wanna help bring her to her full potential.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:22:43 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #446 on: March 27, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
The quest isn't done yet, there's still the conclusion/aftermath/humor/chance to speak to anyone you wanna speak to.

Closing stages =/= done, I just needed to know for planning purposes. RC 3 is unlikly to be as epic as RC 2 in scale, it's kinda hard to top an invasion from Makai, and the revelation of your past.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:25:05 PM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #447 on: March 27, 2012, 04:33:45 PM »
>"Oh, well in that case, let's party! I wanna see just how much everyone can drink before passing out!"
>Nudge Suika lightly and whisper; "5 Yen says Cirno passes out first."

Well, there's always the option of Mima getting up to shenanigans for no other reason than boredom...And ending up potentially causing something that could end up almost as bad.
(Cue Rumia going "This again?!")

Or you could go with those templates everyone says is forbidden.
...Idea!

Mima, wanting to alleviate her boredom, decides to start another incident.
Yuuka, also hella bored, decides to start one of her own at, ironically, the same time.
And Sanae, on Orders from Kanako or Suwako, is deployed to 'resolve' the incident, while laying the foundation for more shenanigans from Suwako.
And somewhere along the way, Team 9 gets wrapped up in the thick of it(Rumia: "Is that so?!"). Cue our Idiot Hero getting on the job, like a true Incident Solver.
With a surprise appearance from Medicine!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 04:36:40 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #448 on: March 27, 2012, 04:45:44 PM »
>"Oh, well in that case, let's party! I wanna see just how much everyone can drink before passing out!"
>Nudge Suika lightly and whisper; "5 Yen says Cirno passes out first."

Well, there's always the option of Mima getting up to shenanigans for no other reason than boredom...And ending up potentially causing something that could end up almost as bad.
(Cue Rumia going "This again?!")

Or you could go with those templates everyone says is forbidden.
...Idea!

Mima, wanting to alleviate her boredom, decides to start another incident.
Yuuka, also hella bored, decides to start one of her own at, ironically, the same time.
And Sanae, on Orders from Kanako or Suwako, is deployed to 'resolve' the incident, while laying the foundation for more shenanigans from Suwako.
And somewhere along the way, Team 9 gets wrapped up in the thick of it(Rumia: "Is that so?!"). Cue our Idiot Hero getting on the job, like a true Incident Solver.
With a surprise appearance from Medicine!

> "Yeah, Rumia's apparently over a hundred years old or something." Reimu said, before adding, "I'm 18, so's Marisa, I think, you wouldn't get an streight, honest answer out of her anyway."

> "I can read your minds to make sure... especially Marisa" Satori said.

> "I'm over Sixty, if that flower thingy happening twice in my life was about sixty years or something." Cirno said.

> You notice Sakuya vanished as soon as Satori mentioned she could read minds to find out ages.

> "Uh... I think I'm over 18." Wriggle and Mystcia both say. Satori sighs, and looks through their minds for experiances. "Yeah, Mystcia and Wriggle met Cirno about two years after the flower thing Cirno was going on about."

> "By age do you mean production date or coming to life date?" Kogasa asked.

> "You're an umbrella you can't get drunk anyway." Sanae said.

> "Oh yeah!" Kogasa says.

> "Sanae... you're not eighteen..." Reimu said.

> "I know... I was waiting to say bye! I don't really want to go past the bridge youkai alone anyway, she's creepy." Sanae said.

> The only one who turned out underage besides Sanae was Utusho, who, having only just became anything more than a Hell Crow, turned out to be three years old.

> "Well that explains a lot." Reimu said as Satori announced that, sending Utusho back to tend to the Blazing Fires.

---
> The party begins. You quickly discover you like this Sake stuff.

> "You have Yen? I only have what I can sneak from Reimu's donation box... which is nothing, because it's always empty. I wager Marisa fires a Master Spark before Cirno passes out." Sukia said.

> "That's not even a bet Sukia..." Yuugi says.

---

[I have a few ideas jotted down, I hoped to do something with some of the characters who were not involved in either Rumia Quest so far. Of course, about half the characters you mentioned haven't been involved :V. I will say I hope to involve the Three Fairies at some point, even as comic releif [Do we need more? YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH].]

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #449 on: March 27, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »
>Whisper back. "I heard it's a figure of speech, so I thought it'd fit! But still, I'd be willing to bet that Cirno's gonna be the first to drop."
>"Anyways, this stuff's nice! ...Know any snacks that go with it? I'm kinda hungry after all that..."

Oh yes, amazing. Make sure that us 'showing off' for them is a thing.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!