Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31571 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #360 on: March 25, 2012, 09:33:11 PM »
Kogasa
>"Yeah, they're fine. We would've been goners against all those eyes if it wasn't for Yuugi and Suika though. Wriggle and Mystia are probably watching the fight still."
>Let's keep going!

Wriggle
>"Whoa! Mystia, let's book it!"
>Pull her away further! Let's get as far away from the fight as we can, while still being able to watch. Maybe we'll get a few ideas!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #361 on: March 25, 2012, 09:38:51 PM »
Kogasa
>"Yeah, they're fine. We would've been goners against all those eyes if it wasn't for Yuugi and Suika though. Wriggle and Mystia are probably watching the fight still."
>Let's keep going!

Wriggle
>"Whoa! Mystia, let's book it!"
>Pull her away further! Let's get as far away from the fight as we can, while still being able to watch. Maybe we'll get a few ideas!

> "Sukia and Yuugi? They're OK? They vanished after the explosion, they snuck off or something." Reimu said.

> "Was worried they got sucked into Makai myself!" Marisa said.

> You keep going. You'll be there soon.

---
> "W-w-w-w-w that was close!" Mystcia says.

> You notice the Oni have moved of their own accord... you can't see them anymore.

> You pull Mystcia to what you deem to be a safe distance. Byakuren seems to have noticed the proximity they just had to you, and shoves Yumeko backwards... with enough force to send her into one of the buildings nearby, and through it's wall. The maid just shoots back out of the hole she created, and unleashes a barrage of swords flying towards Byakuren, utilising danmaku due to the newfound range. Byakuren just counters with a dense wave of bubble danmaku and small round danmaku, which, although the swords puncture, they lose enough momentum from doing so to fall to the ground. Without missing the beat, the two go back to their physical fight.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #362 on: March 25, 2012, 09:57:31 PM »
Kogasa
>"Yeah, they're fine too. Pretty beat up, but what'd you expect when they insisted on taking out the eyes with mostly melee combat?"
>Any minute now...

Wriggle
>"Yeah...I'm thinking that even Rumia and Cirno won't be able to handle this."
>Let's move away, or out of the way as needed.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #363 on: March 25, 2012, 10:33:36 PM »
Kogasa
>"Yeah, they're fine too. Pretty beat up, but what'd you expect when they insisted on taking out the eyes with mostly melee combat?"
>Any minute now...

Wriggle
>"Yeah...I'm thinking that even Rumia and Cirno won't be able to handle this."
>Let's move away, or out of the way as needed.

> "Oh yeah, they were guardin the Palace!" Rumia remembers.

---

> "Since when did we consider Rumia to be above us Wriggle?" Mystica says. It wasn't long ago she was considered the weakest of you four.
> You don't need to move right now.

> Suddenly, there's a blast of light and a liud humming at the area where Byakuren and Yumeko were. They both evaded the Master Spark aimed in that general direction.

> "Marisa... is that your solution to everything? You didn't even know if that's where Yumeko was." Alice said.

> "I wish you'd use at least a little tact using my technique as your own." Yuuka said, giving Marisa a look that could kill.

> Yumeko notices everyone else has arrived, and sighs.

> "Well, Miss Hijiri, it looks like we'll have to settle this later. Seeing as Alice is here, with them, I will tell Lady Shinki to proceed with the invasion.  She should be done at the Fallen Shrine by now..." Yumeko said, with a grin on her face as she turned into a green outline, then vanished.

> Reimu looks petrified for some reason, as if a horrible truth has been revealed to her. No-one else seems to react in any particular way, except Reimu.

> Byakuren is panting heavily. She has a few cuts and bruises, but nothing major.

> Sukia and Yuugi are visible now, they went down a different street to get away from the fight. They also look significantly better than before. Makes you wonder what sort of state the 'backfire' left them in initially.

---
> You no longer control Wriggle and Kogasa

> You now control Rumia.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #364 on: March 25, 2012, 10:39:44 PM »
>"....Fallen Shrine? Is that something you eat?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #365 on: March 25, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
>"....Fallen Shrine? Is that something you eat?"

> Everyone looks towards Reimu.

> "You guys don't know about my first adventure... it was before I learnt any of my powers. Before I could even use danmaku. My shrine was destroyed..."

> "That's not new ~ze!"

> "Quiet Marisa." Alice hissed.

> "Anyway, I firstly looked around Gensokyo, and encountered several beings. Two of which I've never seen since... one of them was Mima."

> "Mima-Sama?" Marisa asked.

> "Will you stop interrupting Reimu?!" Alice snapped.

> "Anyway, after this failed to lead me to the cause of my Shrine's destruction, only to someone who had a grudge against me, I ended up going into a portal... I just... never knew where it lead me, except I fought two foes. They certainly didn't seem to bother fighting, they hardly did anything, almost like they wanted me to proceed. Because it was a trap. Sariel, and Angel of Death, wanted to trap me within the Fallen Shrine. However, I managed to escape, by stunning her long enough to get away by slamming the Hakurei Ying-Yang orb directly into her. If I hadn't have done that... I wouldn't be here today." Reimu explained.

> "So this Sariel can be beaten by throwing your orb at her?" Marisa asked.

> "No, I doubt it, I only stunned her, and even then, she certainly didn't seem to go all out." Reimu said.

> "Angel of death? Well, Youmu, we have nothing to worry about!" Yuyuko said happily.

> "Lady Yuyuko... I'm half alive." Youmu reminded her mistress.

> "And you're already half dead. I'm sure nothing bad will happen if you become all-dead." Yuyuko retorted.

> A massive portal opens in the air. You feel the same feeling you had when you went near Yuki and Mai's portal, and feel dizzy, even though you're nowhere near this one.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #366 on: March 25, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »
>"Whoa...dizzy again..."
>Pause to pull ourself together as best we can.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #367 on: March 25, 2012, 11:07:28 PM »
>"Whoa...dizzy again..."
>Pause to pull ourself together as best we can.

> "Are you OK Rumia?!" Cirno asks, AFTER you say you're dizzy.

> You try, but it just gets worse.

> "So then, you have chosen to keep what I desire from me... how foolish. I gave you your chance, residents of Gensokyo. Now, prepare to feel the wrath of Makai!" you hear a voice say, booming from nowhere. The voice is the sort that demands attention, and makes you feel fear.

> Out of the portal comes several figures. By far the largest, and most obvious, is five massive yellow rings, each with an eye. They connect at the center with  bolts of lightling, and what appears to be a yellow figure.

> Yumeko is there too, standing next to a tall woman in red, with grey hair.

> There is also a blonde-haired small figure, with a ribbon in her hair, a wand, and a star on her cheek. She also has bat-like wings.

> There is a large figure with a massive staff, tipped with a gem, and six large angelic wings. She is draped in a blue and white robe.

> Finally, there is a legless figure, also dressed in a blue robe, although her hair is green. Like the previous figure, she holds a large staff, although hers if topped with a cresent moon. She has two bat-like wings, and a hat, with a sun-like mark on it.

> "Mima?!" Reimu exclaims.

> "W-w-w-hat?!" Marisa says.

> "Well, looks like someone decided to stay behind after that incident." Yuuka comments.

> Hundreds of evil eyes and ghosts matching the descrption Wriggle gave are also emergeing from the portal.

> "I shall give you one, final chance. Hand over Alice, or die." the figure in red says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #368 on: March 25, 2012, 11:12:51 PM »
>"That portal...Even from here, It's making me feel dizzy...The smaller ones never did that until I got close to them..."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #369 on: March 25, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »
>"That portal...Even from here, It's making me feel dizzy...The smaller ones never did that until I got close to them..."

> "This can't be good." Satori says.

> "Huh?" Mystcia asks.

> "I can feel... something else there, in Rumia's head." Satori says, sounding almost unsure.

> "Let me try..." Koishi says, before she suddenly collapses to her knees, coughing. "I... got...pushed...out... I...can't...read...her...subconcious at all."

> "Yumeko." the lady in red says, as the maid vanishes and appears next to you, swiftly grabbing you, vanishing, and re-appearing next to the woman in red.

> Your head feels like it's going to explode being this close to the portal.

> "Well then... ready to be free of that seal? Rumia?" the woman says, reaching for your bow, the one you cannot touch.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #370 on: March 25, 2012, 11:20:55 PM »
>"?!"
>Struggle to break away!
>Try to keep control! Even if she pulls that off, we're still us! And we'd never hurt the friends we've tried so hard to gain!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:24:24 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #371 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:54 PM »
>"?!"
>Try to keep control! Even if she pulls that off, we're still us! And we'd never hurt the friends we've tried so hard to gain!

> "You look puzzled Rumia. Don't tell me you've forgotten who you really are." the woman says, stopping for a moment. She seems to be delighting in your confusion.

> Something in your head clicks, and you realise this must be Shinki.

> Shinki begins moving towards your bow again, however, you keep struggleing against Yumeko's grip, instictivly thrashing around to keep Shinki away from the bow.

> As you're thrashing, you see a wall of magical energy blocking a massive amount of various danmaku and attacks from reaching your location. It seems everyone is attempting to get to you, but the three newcomers you don't recognise have made some sort of barrier, their staffs and eyes glowing.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #372 on: March 25, 2012, 11:33:48 PM »
>"Wh-who I really am?! I've always been me!"
>Thrash harder! Try to clock Yumeko in the face with our head!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #373 on: March 25, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »
>Just what is up with that bow anyway? What's so special about it besides us not being able to touch it for reason?
>"How does everyone in Makai know who I am?! I've never met any of you before today!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #374 on: March 25, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »
>"Wh-who I really am?! I've always been me!"
>Thrash harder! Try to clock Yumeko in the face with our head!

>Just what is up with that bow anyway? What's so special about it besides us not being able to touch it for reason?
>"How does everyone in Makai know who I am?! I've never met any of you before today!"

> you do not know why you cannot touch your bow. If you did what Shinki's saying would be making sense. Touching your bow makes your hand burn horribly, and get blasted away from the bow by some energy.

> "Yes, you have always been you, but right now, you're trapped as a child version of yourself. Your vast power is sealed away. Don't you find it odd that a Youkai of Darkness cannot see in the Dark?" Shinki said.

> You keep struggleing, and throw your head back, attempting to reverse-headbutt Yumeko. You collide, and your head hurts as a result. Yumeko's face is... hard. It certainly dosen't feel like a normal face, you've bumped into your freinds often enough to know that. Shinki seems content to watch you struggle.

> "Everyone knows who you are, my dear, because like Alice, you have your origins from Makai. Except you are in Gensokyo by my will, unlike Alice. I do not care if you are in Gensokyo or Makai, because I had confidence in your power. However... something sealed it." Shinki explained.

> The barrier is still holding up, regardless of what the others do. You notice Utusho shoot a massive energy beam at the barrier, which everyone makes a point to avoid, but not even that penerates it.

> "Fools, they are not going to get through that barrier, as long as I will it to exist, and the energy of makai is flowing through this area, blocked by that barrier, from the portal. For all intents and purposes, this zone we're in is Makai, and I have complete control of makai." Shinki says.

« Reply #375 on: March 26, 2012, 12:00:34 AM »
>"Well.... yeah..... but I can see in the dark now! And people can't see through my darkness either! I've been getting stronger since I started helping people!"
>"And when we fought Yuki and Mai too....maybe that was from helping protect the palace?" Who did we help with that one?
>"Wait, I'm from Makai?"
>Do we remember where we were born?
>.....Do we remember anything about before we got that ribbon?
>"A seal? It can't be a seal, Reimu would have taken it off.... wouldn't she?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #376 on: March 26, 2012, 12:13:44 AM »
>"Well.... yeah..... but I can see in the dark now! And people can't see through my darkness either! I've been getting stronger since I started helping people!"
>"And when we fought Yuki and Mai too....maybe that was from helping protect the palace?" Who did we help with that one?
>"Wait, I'm from Makai?"
>Do we remember where we were born?
>.....Do we remember anything about before we got that ribbon?
>"A seal? It can't be a seal, Reimu would have taken it off.... wouldn't she?"

> "You can see in the dark now? That's news. Wait, helping people?!" Shinki said.

> When you fought Yuki and Mai, your power increase was from assisting your freinds, as well as indirectly assisting Satori, Koishi, Utusho and Rin.

> "Yes. Don't you feel funny near this portal? It's home calling." Shinki said.

> No.

> No.

> You say this, then you remeber Reimu hated your guts and would danmaku you on sight until the book incident. "She probobly didn't know. Besides, if she did release the seal, you'd kill her on the spot afterwards." Shinki said, before adding, "Enough of this..." and reaching for your bow, as Yumeko tightens her grip to the extent it feels like she'll break your arms.

> A portal opens between you and Shinki, tied with two red ribbons, and filled with eyes. Yumeko suddenly lets go, and you get pulled inside, with the portal closing.

> You are floating in blackness, with many eyes looking at you. Floating in front of you is a blonde woman holding a parasol, wearing purple, and having some kind of nightcap on her head.

> "Greetings Rumia... I am Yukari Yakumo, Ran's master." the woman said.

« Reply #377 on: March 26, 2012, 12:53:11 AM »
>It's nice and dark, but all those eyes are creepy....
>"Hey, we gotta go back out there! Shinki's going to destroy Gensokyo and take Alice back and she kept trying to take off my bow and she says I'm from Makai but if that was true I'd remember but I can't remember anything before I got this bow and >everyone I met from there knows me and she said that my bow is a seal and if someone had taken it off I'd have killed them and I don't want to hurt my friends!"
>Panic
>"What am I?!!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #378 on: March 26, 2012, 07:23:14 AM »
>It's nice and dark, but all those eyes are creepy....
>"Hey, we gotta go back out there! Shinki's going to destroy Gensokyo and take Alice back and she kept trying to take off my bow and she says I'm from Makai but if that was true I'd remember but I can't remember anything before I got this bow and >everyone I met from there knows me and she said that my bow is a seal and if someone had taken it off I'd have killed them and I don't want to hurt my friends!"
>Panic
>"What am I?!!"

> Yukari does not answer until you finish completely.

> "Shinki is telling the truth, there's just parts of the story missing. You are indeed from Makai, but your current form isn't. You arrived within Gensokyo about a hundred years ago, and began an indiscriminate rampage. No-one could stop you. Even Reimu's great-grandmother couldn't, and was killed by your hand, well, I say yours... but you're not that self anymore." Yukari said, pausing for a moment.

> "So, with the Hakurei clan failing, I stepped in, but not even I could defeat you in direct combat, so, instead, I used my manipulation of boundries, and created a seal, seperateing your power and powerlessness. With that, you transformed into a childish version of yourself, with so little power than you couldn't even see in the darkness. However, it was not intended as a permement solution. You may have noticed yourself getting stronger of late?" Yukari explained, again, letting this sink in, and giving Rumia a chance to respond to the question poised.

> "As your current self develops, your personailty gets stronger, and changes from the murderous psychopath personailty your previous self was, the seal weakens, because your mind can withstand the urges that come with your previous self's power. In a way, the seal was designed to weaken as you got naturally stronger, and developed into something opposite to your previous self, the end result being that you would end up even more powerful than before, and strong enough to surpress and subjegate your previous life's personality and primal urges."

> "It's why your head was hurting, a reaction triggered by your previous self, in your subconcious. It's also why attempting to read it hurt Koishi." Yukari added.

> The ancient Youkai stops talking, seemingly waiting for anything you have to say.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #379 on: March 26, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
>"...huh?"
>"Wait, so I was really strong, but I was evil so you stopped me, but now that I'm not evil I can be strong again?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #380 on: March 26, 2012, 02:33:20 PM »
>"...huh?"
>"Wait, so I was really strong, but I was evil so you stopped me, but now that I'm not evil I can be strong again?"

> "I expected you to react like that. The sealing limited your intellect somewhat too..." Yukari said.

> "That's the jist of it. During most of the last hundred years, all you really did was try to eat people. So the seal remained strong. However recently, you've been making freinds, and helping others, so it's weakened somewhat, giving you more power. You're still a shadow of your former self. No, not even that." Yukari said, before she looked in thought.

> "The problem is, due to Shinki's own powers and manipulations, I cannot return you to anywhere except where you were before, as I technically gapped you out in her realm. Shinki is going to suceed in removing your seal, and I don't think your current personality is strong enough to overcome what you were, yet. At best, you might be able to retain control yourself for about twenty seconds after the transformation is complete." Yukari said.

> "Unless I use my powers to attempt to hold it back. Manipulate the boundry between Sanity and Insanity, Restraint and Freedom, Bloodlust and Defense, I'm sure there's others... I might be able to give you more time. However, I won't be able to hold it back indefinitly, especially as long as you remain in Shinki's territory. You might have two minuites, during which you'll need to get the bow back, and put it back on before it's up. You'll be able to touch the bow until it's on again, when it'll just push you away, no burning or anything since you just put it on. you might have longer if you can somehow get out of that sealed area."

> "Any questions before I return you?" Yukari asked.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #381 on: March 26, 2012, 04:43:37 PM »
>"So...to bring it all together, I have at least two minutes to get my ribbon back after she takes it. And it'd probably be a good thing if I beat her up while I'm doing that right?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #382 on: March 26, 2012, 04:58:31 PM »
>"So...to bring it all together, I have at least two minutes to get my ribbon back after she takes it. And it'd probably be a good thing if I beat her up while I'm doing that right?"

> "The priority is to get your ribbon back. If you go past two minutes, you'll probobly lose your mind, and turn back into the murderous psychopath you were before you were sealed. Anything else you do is up to you, but don't forget to retake that ribbon."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #383 on: March 26, 2012, 05:13:14 PM »
>"Okay!"
>"Wait, if you can change boundaries and stuff, can't you just change the seal so that it seals evil me but I still have all that power? Then I could keep Shinki from removing it at all!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #384 on: March 26, 2012, 05:19:23 PM »
>"Okay!"
>"Wait, if you can change boundaries and stuff, can't you just change the seal so that it seals evil me but I still have all that power? Then I could keep Shinki from removing it at all!"

> Yukari shakes her head. "I can't. The power itself is tainted with the bloodlust and evil. There is no boundry to manipulate, and even if there was, the only way I could stop you was sealing your power. Attempting to rip the power from your previous self would be impossible, because your previous self had more raw power than me, it would be able to hold onto the power."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #385 on: March 26, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »
>"Oh."
>"Wait, what if I helped you do that? Then me having more power wouldn't be a problem, right? 'Cause that power would be helping you!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #386 on: March 26, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »
>"Oh."
>"Wait, what if I helped you do that? Then me having more power wouldn't be a problem, right? 'Cause that power would be helping you!"

> "You cannot help me, unless you suddenly developed powers similar to mine. The only thing you could do to get more time is to somehow escape the barrier Shinki made, being outside Makai's influence will reduce the influence slightly, and my powers won't be so easily interfered with by Shinki." Yukari said.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #387 on: March 26, 2012, 05:41:57 PM »
>"Oh. Okay."
>"Okay, I'm ready."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #388 on: March 26, 2012, 05:46:09 PM »
>"Oh. Okay."
>"Okay, I'm ready."

> "Very well." Yukari says, as you sudden feel like you're falling.

> The next thing you know, you're back in Yumeko's arms, with Shinki smiling. "Well, the gap hag tried to save you. I guess I know who's responsible for sealing you then. Too bad she couldn't interfere, due to my influence. Now then, ready to be free?" Shinki asked, reaching for the bow.

> You notice everyone else is still attempting to break through the barrier, with the exception of Sanae, who seems to be prepareing something. You remember her using star-like symbols to call a miracle before, maybe she's going to try to counter this 'god's' power with a miracle?

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #389 on: March 26, 2012, 05:52:08 PM »
>Let her take the ribbon.