Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31636 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »
>"Well then, guess we'll show you how reso- reso-whatever...Ours are too!"
>Time to kick it up a notch, Moonlight Ray!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2012, 01:32:30 AM »
>"Well then, guess we'll show you how reso- reso-whatever...Ours are too!"
>Time to kick it up a notch, Moonlight Ray!

> "Do whatever you want." Alice said. It appears the trails of light are some sort of elaborate pentagram. Swirls of mana are beginning to form around her as she flips through her Grimoire.

> You activate Moonlight Ray, but Cirno and Rin keep to their current tactics. Shanghai concentrates it's lasers to hold yours back, but there is still the danmaku you fire during the attack. Shanghai's lasers are also slowly being pushed back. Hourai's danmaku are still blocking everything else.

[Note: I assume Moonlight Ray: Hard [Normal dosen't exist] as you didn't say the difficulty. As a spell with no normal equivilent, the 'Hard' version has the same cooldowns as Normal, so you're not unduely penalised for using it's lowest form]

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2012, 03:03:44 AM »
>Fly closer to Shanghai to force her back a bit more
>If given the opportunity, aim for Alice or that pentagram, letting that finish can't end well.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2012, 08:56:49 AM »
>Fly closer to Shanghai to force her back a bit more
>If given the opportunity, aim for Alice or that pentagram, letting that finish can't end well.

> During the 'reset' time of your lasers, you fly closer to Shanghai, in an attempt to overpower the doll faster.

> You don't have the chance, as your spellcard is more focused on boxing in the target. Hourai is cancelling any danmaku headed for Alice anyway.

> The circle is finished, and glows, before vanishing. A third doll appears, far larger than Shanghai and Hourai, as well as Alice, weilding two swords. "Now this one's here, I can fight at full power..." Alice said.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2012, 09:50:42 PM »
>That can't be good.
>Cancel Moonlight Ray and switch to non-spell danmaku; we might need to move soon.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »
>That can't be good.
>Cancel Moonlight Ray and switch to non-spell danmaku; we might need to move soon.

> No, it can't be.

> You can't cancel your spell, but it times out regardless. You go back to nonspells, like Cirno and Rin, but Hourai and Shanghai defend Alice with their own danmaku.

> Alice jumps onto the shoulder of the large doll. "Now then, let's see if your hearts can reach mine." Alice said, with magical energy swirling around her, and her Grimoire open, glowing faintly. Hourai and Shangai move to re-align themselves with their master.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2012, 02:54:32 PM »
>Alright, let's mix it up with out best nonspells, being careful to keep an eye on the big doll, as well as everything else.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2012, 04:59:33 PM »
>Alright, let's mix it up with out best nonspells, being careful to keep an eye on the big doll, as well as everything else.

> You continue your attacks, and, without warning, Shangai and Hourai vanish, and the large doll moves at the instant that they do, sheilding Alice with one of it's swords.

> The aura around Alice turns fire-red, and she begins to launch a spiral of fire centered upon herself, as well as a streaming-style set of smaller fireballs. Rin dosen't look at all worried about this attack, nor does Cirno, who can counter Fire with Ice, but you have no way of stopping fireballs.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »
>Tch, looks like we'll have to go on the evasive for now! But we'll be sure to take a few potshots at the doll itself when we get the chance! Particularly in the face, that might just get the job done.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2012, 05:30:56 PM »
>That's bad, but we can't let everyone, including Alice down!
>Dodge and graze! Maybe lazers can pierce fire as well? Try it out when we're taking those potshots

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2012, 06:19:34 PM »
>Tch, looks like we'll have to go on the evasive for now! But we'll be sure to take a few potshots at the doll itself when we get the chance! Particularly in the face, that might just get the job done.

>That's bad, but we can't let everyone, including Alice down!
>Dodge and graze! Maybe lazers can pierce fire as well? Try it out when we're taking those potshots

> You stream the lasers while fireing various danmaku, getting some tasty graze score! But it's on the other side of the fourth wall, so too bad for you!

> You use a laser-based attack, aimed at the giant doll's face, and it does peirce the fire, but the fire stays too. Fire dosen't really care about getting run through by a beam of light. However, all your attack seems to do is leave a little burn on it's face.

> "You're not going to be able to damage Golaith. It's my ultimate creation, for both attack and defense. Cirno should know... you've faced this before, when I was test-driving it." Alice said, she still sounded sad, but proud at the same time.

> "Have I?" Cirno asked, tilting her head. She's long forgotten that encounter.

> Rin is collecting the fireballs in her wheelbarrow, while Cirno is just fighting Fire with Ice. After a short while, the barrage stops, and the large doll takes a stance as if it's about to charge!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2012, 06:44:45 PM »
>Alright then, laserspam! Target: Alice!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #312 on: March 23, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »
>Alright then, laserspam! Target: Alice!

> Your nonspells are random, and it pulls up the narrow tri-shot of bullets with a small ring around it. Still, this attack is quite precise anyway.

> Golaith charges towards you, blade ready, at quite a high speed, but Rin sends the fairies she summoned to huddle at the base of it's legs, causing the giant doll to trip. Weirdly, these fairies don't go poof, but float there, grey, transluscent, and with halos. Cirno looks creeped out by this.

> Alice's reactions and dexterity are high, and she jumps off the giant doll as it falls down, and begins to hover, while dodgeing your nonspell.

> "Inferno: Sea of flames" Alice says, as the area is coated with a red hue. A wave of fire, like a wave at the sea, flies towards you, as well as arrowhead danmaku.

> "Hey, this kinda looks like my Sea Opening "The Day the Sea Split" spellcard!" Sanae complains.

> "You realise Alice had this before you even came to Gensokyo, right Sanae?" Reimu says nonchalently.

> Sanae sweatdrops.

> Golaith is getting back up slowly.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #313 on: March 23, 2012, 07:04:07 PM »
>Alright, here's out chance to counter with a spellcard of our own!
>Let's zip in and get as close to Alice as we can before unloading Night Bird -Lunatic-!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #314 on: March 23, 2012, 07:12:13 PM »
>Alright, here's out chance to counter with a spellcard of our own!
>Let's zip in and get as close to Alice as we can before unloading Night Bird -Lunatic-!

> You can't get that close for three reasons:
1: Alice is moving quite a lot
2: The waves of fire keep switching between two heights, keeping you trapped between them. There's a point near Alice that it would be stupid to get to, because the waves peak there.
3: The streaming shots are coming from Alice, and move FAST.

Still, you get as close as you can.

>"Night Sign: Night Bird!"

> Your sheer number of danmaku fired overwhelms Alice's spell, which was more about trapping and precision, than outright spam, and it ends. Golaith is on it's knees now, getting up when you have swords for hands apparently isn't easy.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #315 on: March 23, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »
>Now! While she's still reeling! Use Total Eclipse - Lunatic-!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #316 on: March 23, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »
>Now! While she's still reeling! Use Total Eclipse - Lunatic-!

> Your current spellcard is still in effect. However, you could convince Cirno to use a certain spellcard, or Rin to use one.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #317 on: March 23, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »
>"Alright guys! Go all out! We'll get through to her with this!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #318 on: March 23, 2012, 08:31:22 PM »
>"Alright guys! Go all out! We'll get through to her with this!"

> "It's the Strongest's time to strike!" Cirno said, pulling a spellcard out of the air, one you don't recognise the pattern on.

> "Freeze Sign: Minus K!" Cirno shouts, before she fires three sausage-like danmaku, which stop and float there for about half a second... before erupting into a hail of icicles, which, in typical Cirno fashion, are not aimed anywhere in particular. After the first three, she suddenly speeds up, forming a circle at three different points, with the bullets erupting before she can finish the ring. This sends shards of ice everywhere.

Typical Cirno.

> Alice has to take evasive measures, and distances herself from Cirno's different spamattack. You see Reimu put a barrier around those not taking part.

> "Minus K? Isn't that Minus Kelvin?" Sanae said.

> "Something wrong with that?" Marisa asked.

> "Kelvin can't be negative. 0 Kelvin is Absolute Zero. You can't be colder than that." Satori said, having read what Sanae was thinking.

> "Typical Cirno..." Reimu moaned.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #319 on: March 23, 2012, 08:41:05 PM »
>Our current spellcard should've ended by now right? if so, then let's add Total Eclipse into the mix!
>"Kitty-cat! Use your best card too!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #320 on: March 23, 2012, 08:49:00 PM »
>Our current spellcard should've ended by now right? if so, then let's add Total Eclipse into the mix!
>"Kitty-cat! Use your best card too!"

> Your Night Bird Spellcard has just ended, but it'll take a few seconds of downtime before you can fire off Total Eclipse, just to sabilise your magical energy after using Night Bird.

> This is enough time to tell Rin to use her best card, to which she responds: "I dunno what my best is, so I'll just use one for those little guys there." she saids, pointing to the translucent fairies. "Cursed Sprite: Zombie Fairy" she called, causing Cirno to look a little worried as she said the name of the attack, and the translucent fairies turned 'solid' in appearance... almost like Ghosts, and started chaseing Alice, shooting a few danmaku, while Rin sent out a spiral of danmaku from her hand free from the wheelbarrow.

> A few of Cirno's danmaku hit some of the fairies, which turn back into the state they were in before Rin's spellcard... before turning back to look like the others about a second later, and chasing after Alice again.

> Now you can activate Lunar Eclipse; and do so. Between Cirno's brainless spam, and your attack penning her in, as well as Rin's spirial, Alice has nowhere to go, although she's evadeing everything...

> Until the fairies which she thought she had killed come from a slightly different angle to the ones she didn't kill, and slam into her, releaseing a magical explosion as they do so, and then all returning to Rin.

> Cirno's spell ends as the smoke clears, and Alice decends from it onto the ground, looking roughed up quite a bit. She musta taken some hits after the fairies exploded on her from you and Cirno.

> Your spell ends. Lunar Eclipse, like it's namesake, is a rather short event.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #321 on: March 23, 2012, 09:07:28 PM »
>"Could you feel it? You aren't alone in this Alice, because everyone's with you!"

(Also, that is a major reason for many of my deaths on SA Stage 5. But they're too adorable to resist.)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #322 on: March 23, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
>"Could you feel it? You aren't alone in this Alice, because everyone's with you!"

(Also, that is a major reason for many of my deaths on SA Stage 5. But they're too adorable to resist.)

[Why do you think I made it be that card which got her in that way?]

> Alice remains quiet, but closes her Grimoire. Golaith vanishes, and Shanghai and Hourai re-appear.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #323 on: March 23, 2012, 09:31:02 PM »
>Let's land a short distance away from her. "Now come on, let's all figure out a way to resolve this....Ah! I just had an idea! Maybe if there's a pathway that people could travel freely on? Maybe then you'd be able to visit her, or she can visit you, or something like that!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #324 on: March 23, 2012, 10:00:05 PM »
>Let's land a short distance away from her. "Now come on, let's all figure out a way to resolve this....Ah! I just had an idea! Maybe if there's a pathway that people could travel freely on? Maybe then you'd be able to visit her, or she can visit you, or something like that!"

> "Not gonna happen. Not only won't I let it happen, Yukari won't let it happen either... if only because she'd have to control the border, and she's too lazy to do it." Reimu said frankly.

> "Yeah, besides, I don't want to go back, and we ALL know Yukari would never consent to being woken up to let Shinki visit me. She'd probobly respond by gapping Yuuka into Makai or something." Alice said.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
>"I was trying to think up an idea that'd leave everyone happy. I mean, Shinki thinks of herself as Alice's mom right? Wouldn't you want to visit your kids if you had any?"
>Nod. "Bein' a youkai means you live longer than a human, which means you can find all sorts of things."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2012, 10:17:17 PM »
>"I was trying to think up an idea that'd leave everyone happy. I mean, Shinki thinks of herself as Alice's mom right? Wouldn't you want to visit your kids if you had any?"
>Nod. "Bein' a youkai means you live longer than a human, which means you can find all sorts of things."

> "Yeah, we get it... just leave the thinkin to someone with at least thirty times more brainpower than Iceblock over there." Marisa said.

> Alice chuckles. It seems she's calmed down. Satori confirms this, as does Koishi, although they both also say she's worried and feels guilty still, but nothing can be done about that.

> You feel something within you when you hear this. You feel tired after your recent string of tough fights, but you also feel a power flowing through you, kinda like when you returned the Tomb, but stronger.

> "Guys!" Cirno said, waving her arms about.

> "What is it baka?" Marisa asked, before saying "Guys, look at what Cirno's spotted!"

> There is an open gap in the air. With eyes in it. "That's what brought me here!" she said, waving her arms around.

> Ran comes out of the gap, along with a nekomata dressed in a red dress with a green hat, Utusho, who you met alongside Nitori during your quest for the book, Sakuya, and three other figures you don't recognise.

> The first of these two figures is the shorter of the two, and dressed in a green dress with a white hem and sleeves, as well as some weird swirl patterms on it in various places. She has two swords on her back, one far larger than the other. Floating around her is a white thing.

> The second of these figures is standing next to the first. She's dressed in what seems to be a blue nightgown, and, again, it has white swirly things on it. Her hat has a white triangle with a red swirl on it. Something about being around her makes you look uneasy. You also think these two fit a descrption from Mystcia, but you can't remember what the descrption was about.

> The third figure is standing seperate, not even making eye contact with the rest of the group. She is holding an umbrella, and has messy green hair, a red plaid skirt and waistcoat, and a yellow tie, over a white shirt. Something about her makes you feel cautious, and again, you get the niggleing feeling Wriggle's met someone she described similar to this.

> Utusho runs over to Satori and Koishi, and Rin over to Utusho, and they have a group hug. You guess this was the family Utusho mentioned back on the surface. "Satoriiiii.... Riiiinnnnn... even Koishi!" you hear her mumble.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »
>"Wow....So many people!" Float around looking at everyone who just showed up in a curious way, and with a smile.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2012, 10:25:12 PM »
>"Wow....So many people!" Float around looking at everyone who just showed up in a curious way, and with a smile.

> "Hello... whoever you are." the one in green says.

> "I wonder what this little youkai is doing in a place like this... that said Youmu, I'm still not certain this involves us, we don't get effected if Gensokyo is destroyed after all..." the one in pink said.

> "Lady Ran asked us on behalf of Lady Yukari, remember? And then I asked you to come along because my freinds were in danger, not to mention the ones who stopped you from unleashing that Cherry-Tree when you tried to revive whoever was buried under it... which was you, by the way." 'Youmu' said.

> "Ah yes, that's as good a reason as any, thanks for reminding me Youmu."

> "Lady Yuyuko... I convinced you not even two minuites ago. Did you seriously forget, or did you just want me to explain to everyone else?"

> "Why Youmu? Why are you so suspicious of my motives?" 'Lady Yuyuko said. The two continued to discuss matters. Yuyuko seems about as intelligent as Cirno, but you get the feeling she's just acting stupid, especially since you hear Sanae talking about 'Trolling' to Reimu.

> You fly over to the third stranger, but she whacks you away with her umbrella when you get close. "You're not even a fly to me." she says.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »
>Ow. Let's go fly back to the one in green then. "I'm Rumia, I can control darkness! See?" Let's make a bubble of darkness like we usually do.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!