Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31614 times)

Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #210 on: March 20, 2012, 06:26:00 PM »
>Don't let her recover, back to the danmaku spam!
>Are our spellcards recharged yet?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #211 on: March 20, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »
>Don't let her recover, back to the danmaku spam!
>Are our spellcards recharged yet?

> You all unleash a barrage of nonspells, but Yuki, despite having taken a beating, still clearly has fight left in her, evadeing, or using small fireballs to defend herself, however, she can't find an opening to attack. It seems, despite her clearly being stronger than you alone, without Mai she can't take you all on very well.

> None of the spellcards used in this fight have recharged, and they are unlikly to do so, since both of yours were Lunatic-grade, and Moonlight Ray was dispelled. Mystica's Song of the Night Sparrow might recharge, being only the Normal version, but it'll take a while.

> You can start to feel a chill from Mai and Cirno's battlefeild, despite Yuki's fire. Those two are really going at it, and the battle, despite involveing a fairy of all things, is a spectical of beauty with the shimmering, shattered ice shards in the air, glistening with the light filtered through the inside of the windows of the Earth Palace, danmaku, and the fires Yuki throws.

> "Snow Sign Diamond Blizzard!" Cirno cries, before basically unleashing what can only be described as an indiscriminate spam attack, with thousands of small icicles flying everywhere. Includeing towards your battlefeild.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2012, 08:19:53 PM »
>...Idea! Charge at Yuki, and try to drag her into the brunt of Cirno's attack!
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

« Reply #213 on: March 20, 2012, 08:23:15 PM »
>While we're at it, adjust the darkness to cover just us and Yuki so she can't dodge well either.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #214 on: March 20, 2012, 08:26:35 PM »
>...Idea! Charge at Yuki, and try to drag her into the brunt of Cirno's attack!

> You decide to charge at Yuki, and Wriggle notices what you're doing, and takes the initiative! She's better in close combat than you anyway.

>While we're at it, adjust the darkness to cover just us and Yuki so she can't dodge well either.

> You cover Yuki in darkness instead when you realise what Wriggle will do.

> "Wriggle Kick!" she cries, moving with a burst of speed, before kicking Yuki before she could defend herself, sending her closer to Cirno's spam, getting her hit by a fairly large amount of her danmaku due to being winded.

> Wriggle hisses in some pain from a burn on her back. It seems Yuki managed to burn her in the exchange, despite not being able to block, she managed to make contact with some fire spell. The burn dosen't look that bad, but Wriggle's already hurt from her earlier fight.

> Yuki falls face-first to the ground.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #215 on: March 20, 2012, 08:28:41 PM »
>Alright! Now for the other one! Let's try the same with Mai now!
>And if that works, follow it up with Lunar Eclipse! We're goin' all out!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #216 on: March 20, 2012, 08:36:40 PM »
>Alright! Now for the other one! Let's try the same with Mai now!
>And if that works, follow it up with Lunar Eclipse! We're goin' all out!

> Cirno's spam attack is still going on. It's hazardous to get close, so you wait for it to end.

> "Well then... now I can get serious..." Mai said coldly, her wings suddenly more than in size, going from small wings that hardly went past her arms to impressive wings that made Mystcia's eyes bulge from envy. "I'm sure Yuki wore you all down, now then... prepare to have your lifes ended... Ninth Circle: Treachery" Yuki announced.

> Chains shoot up from the ground at incredible speed, made of ice, catching all five of you and pulling you to the ground, and also stopping Cirno's spamming.

> "The Ninth Circle of Hell... the circle which is said to hold Satan himself, entombed in a lake of ice, for the act of treason against God himself. Binded by the ice of the Ninth Circle, I can finish you at my leisure..." Mai said, her voice had something... scary in it. It was also clear that whatever that attack was, it wasn't a spellcard. Spellcards inherantly are possible to evade, this wasn't, and didn't use danmaku anyway.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 08:40:30 PM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #217 on: March 20, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »
>So this must be her power then huh? Since our power doesn't need danmaku.
>Let's try breaking the ice with lasers! After all, laser beats ice!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #218 on: March 20, 2012, 10:26:23 PM »
>So this must be her power then huh? Since our power doesn't need danmaku.
>Let's try breaking the ice with lasers! After all, laser beats ice!

> "If you want to call a magical spell power, do so." Mai said.

> You can't fire a laser from your position, your lasers are fired in front of you, and your front is on the ground.

> "I can't... make this ice move..." Cirno said.

> Suddenly, Kogasa closes her umbrella, and her human form vanishes, allowing her to fly out from under the chains before they can tighten.

> "Well, it's one - on - one. You have no chance." Mai taunted.

> I already used my only spellcard with lasers... wait, I have an idea!

> "Umbrella: Super Water Repelling Bone-Dry Monster!" Kogasa cried, opening back up and createing a blue sphere around herself, before a massive flurry of water danmaku flew at Mai, who just clicked her fingers and froze them.

> "Cirno! The ice!" Kogasa shouted.

> Cirno blinks, and actually gets the idea, letting the frozen rain droplets collect into larger icicles... which slam into the chains, breaking them.

> Mai looks furious. Kogasa's spellcard is still ongoing.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #219 on: March 20, 2012, 10:32:46 PM »
>"Here I go~! This might sting a little though."
>Time to fire off Lunar Eclipse at full power!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:00 PM »
>"Here I go~! This might sting a little though."
>Time to fire off Lunar Eclipse at full power!

> "Eclipse Sign! Lunar Eclipse!" you cry. This is the first time you've actually used this in battle... so you're all in here!

> You fire moonlight rays to box Mai in, like in your Moonlight Ray spellcard, but the shots that follow afterwards are the criss-crossing waves of Demarcation, as well as the aimed arcs, giving Mai very little room to dodge. Combined with Kogasa's attack, she ends up taking the full brunt of one of your arcs, before she gets hit by Kogasa's spell as a result, and then knocked into one of the moonlight rays.

> The spells both end, a sign that the fight is over, considering that yours certainly had time left. Mai is standing there, her wings returned to their previous state, looking charred, and having some damaged clothing. She's standing next to Yuki's unconcious body.

> "That energy... in that beam... it can't be." she said, picking up Yuki. "Who are you... the one dressed in black? You manipulate darkness, and the energy in those rays... it can't be. Is your name... Rumia?" Mai sounds worried for some reason, and pauses, looking uncomfortable before saying your name.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #221 on: March 20, 2012, 11:49:10 PM »
>Blink a few times before pointing at ourself with a puzzled expression. "Eh? You know me? That's funny, I don't really know you that well aside from you being a lot like Cirno~ Well, that and your name, but you said that earlier."
>Float over with an oblivious smile to get a closer look. "You know, you were pretty strong. That was actually the first time I've used that last spellcard, even I'm surprised at how strong it was~!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #222 on: March 20, 2012, 11:54:57 PM »
>Blink a few times before pointing at ourself with a puzzled expression. "Eh? You know me? That's funny, I don't really know you that well aside from you being a lot like Cirno~ Well, that and your name, but you said that earlier."
>Float over with an oblivious smile to get a closer look. "You know, you were pretty strong. That was actually the first time I've used that last spellcard, even I'm surprised at how strong it was~!"

> Mai looks fearful when you indicate you are called Rumia.

> "What... what is Rumia doing here?! I have to tell Lady Shinki!" Mai says, sounding paniced, heading back to the portal, carrying Yuki.

> You float over closer smileing, causing Mai to recoil away. "That's nothing... that was nothing, that attack was nothing... dear Shinki I'm lucky that you're in this state..."

> Mai keeps heading for the portal.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #223 on: March 20, 2012, 11:57:11 PM »
>Float after her. "Hey wait! I wanted to bring you along with us when we went to go find some food! It's the polite thing to do afterall."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #224 on: March 21, 2012, 12:00:08 AM »
>"And what's this about me being in this state?"
>"Hey, when did we meet before? I think I'd remember someone who reminded me of Cirno..."
>Do we have any idea what she's talking about? Maybe we hit her too hard.......

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #225 on: March 21, 2012, 12:03:01 AM »
>Float after her. "Hey wait! I wanted to bring you along with us when we went to go find some food! It's the polite thing to do afterall."

> "YOU'RE NOT GONNA EAT ME!" she cries, sounding fearful.

>"And what's this about me being in this state?"
>"Hey, when did we meet before? I think I'd remember someone who reminded me of Cirno..."
>Do we have any idea what she's talking about? Maybe we hit her too hard.......

> Mai dosen't respond to your first question.

> "You don't need to meet to know of someone...." she says, almost at the portal now.

> You have no idea what she's talking about, but the uneasy feeling you were getting from the portal is getting stronger the closer you get.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #226 on: March 21, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »
>"Eh? I wasn't gonna eat you, why would I eat another youkai? Beef's much tastier anyhow, no small bones to get stuck in your teeth~"
>Let's get a closer look at that portal! (Say the above while doing so)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2012, 12:08:30 AM »
>"Eh? I wasn't gonna eat you, why would I eat another youkai? Beef's much tastier anyhow, no small bones to get stuck in your teeth~"
>Let's get a closer look at that portal! (Say the above while doing so)

> You talk about eating beef as you get closer to the portal. Mai ignores you and jumps in. Your head starts hurting this close to the portal.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #228 on: March 21, 2012, 12:10:26 AM »
>Pull away from the portal! "Ow...stupid portal thingy giving me a headache..."
>Then pitch a shot at it because it made us have a headache.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #229 on: March 21, 2012, 12:13:16 AM »
>Pull away from the portal! "Ow...stupid portal thingy giving me a headache..."
>Then pitch a shot at it because it made us have a headache.

> You move back from the portal. Upon stateing about your headache, Wriggle flies over.

> "You OK Rumia? She was just messing with you, I'm sure, making your head hurt. Mybe she even was trying to lure you in with her. I dunno." Wriggle said.

> You fire a shot at the portal. It closes about two seconds after you hit it.

> "Did you do that or did they close it?" Mystcia asked.

« Reply #230 on: March 21, 2012, 12:16:14 AM »
>"Who knows? Probably they closed it, they seemed kinda scared of me....weird, not even humans are really scared of me and I used to eat them."
>"....But it would be really silly if that's all we have to do to close the portal! Let's find another one and check it out!"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #231 on: March 21, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »
>"Who knows? Probably they closed it, they seemed kinda scared of me....weird, not even humans are really scared of me and I used to eat them."
>"....But it would be really silly if that's all we have to do to close the portal! Let's find another one and check it out!"

> "I dunno, most of the humans were nommed before they knew we were there, and the ones that weren't were Reimu and Marisa..." Mystcia said.

> "Rumia... I'm worn out, can't we take five? We need to recharge our spells anyway..." Wriggle said.

> "Yeah..." Kogasa added.

> Even Cirno was panting a little. It seems fighting Mai one on one wore her out.

> Oddly enough, you don't feel tired. You consider this odd, seeing as you used three Lunatic spells, one being Total Eclipse.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #232 on: March 21, 2012, 12:29:41 AM »
>"Alright, you guys can rest then~! For some weird reason, I feel as full of energy as I do when I've finished eating!"
>"...Though I'm still hungry..."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #233 on: March 21, 2012, 12:32:29 AM »
>"Alright, you guys can rest then~! For some weird reason, I feel as full of energy as I do when I've finished eating!"
>"...Though I'm still hungry..."

> "You sure?" Kogasa says.

> "Eye don't need to rest..." Cirno says, she dosen't sound 100%, but she dosen't look tired, and you know from experiance that Cirno is a ball of energy, she'll probobly recover quickly.

> "We'll stay here and guard the palace then..." Wriggle said.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:34:53 AM by Raikaria »

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2012, 12:34:09 AM »
>"Alright then. I'll leave it to you guys! Cirno, you're coming with me! We gotta find more of those portal things!"
>Drag Cirno around with us while we search for portals.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2012, 12:35:34 AM »
>"Alright then. I'll leave it to you guys! Cirno, you're coming with me! We gotta find more of those portal things!"
>Drag Cirno around with us while we search for portals.

> "OK, we'll find those portals and show them I'm da strongest!" Cirno says. She already sounds quite a bit better.

> You and Cirno fly off to find portals.

[Gotta take some time to plan the next few parts out due to the progress speed, no more updates for a little while [Although I'll probobly update tomorrow at some point]]

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #236 on: March 21, 2012, 02:24:53 PM »
Heads-up, I'm ready to continue.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #237 on: March 21, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
Arrite then, let's get this on the road!

>"So Cirno, was that ice witch any good? I saw a lot of the fight, and you were pretty even!"
>Let's try dragging her to the other portal we remember finding, maybe we'll find some more weirdos like before!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #238 on: March 21, 2012, 03:57:10 PM »
>Didn't Reimu and Marisa go to that portal with the pajama lady to stop Suika and Yuugi from making trouble?
>But we should tell Reimu about Yuki and Mai anyway.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #239 on: March 21, 2012, 05:06:28 PM »
Arrite then, let's get this on the road!

>"So Cirno, was that ice witch any good? I saw a lot of the fight, and you were pretty even!"
>Let's try dragging her to the other portal we remember finding, maybe we'll find some more weirdos like before!

> "Yeah, she put up a fight, but I was winning until she used that cheap chain thingy!" Cirno said.

> "I found a portal before Cirno, let's see if it's still there!"

>Didn't Reimu and Marisa go to that portal with the pajama lady to stop Suika and Yuugi from making trouble?
>But we should tell Reimu about Yuki and Mai anyway.

> Yes, they did, there was also a large crash from that area before they left.

> Indeed.

> You fly towards the area where the portal was, and before you get there, you realise several things. Firstly, you can see the site from a fair distance away... because the houses are all ruined. Secondly, the portal is gone. Thirdly, there is a brunette wearing purple standing where the portal was, with a large number of injured youkai around her. She seems to be tending to them.