Author Topic: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness [Complete]  (Read 31590 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Rumia Quest II: Widening Darkness
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2012, 10:16:55 PM »
>"Well, you should learn before that happens, just in case y'know!"
>"Oh, those? I can show you the way! Suika and Yuugi are there at some weird kinda portal-thing, it looked kinda tasty."
>"Oh, Wriggle? She fought some weird ghosts-that-aren't-ghosts."

> "Youkai heal quickly, and I'm sure that legendary doctor could fix me up if need be..." Mystcia said.

> "SUKIA?! And you found Yuugi?! And they're together?! That's possibly WORSE than Makai spilling into Gensokyo!" Reimu said, before calming down for a moment. "Wait, you found a portal?"

> "They were ghosts Rumia... although their weak spot seemed to be some talisman on their heads." Wriggle said.

> Reimu thinks for a few moments, and then talks to Ran quietly.

> "Right, we have a list of things to do then. Some of us are gonna have to make sure those two drunkards don't ruin the place. One of us is gonna have to spread the news to Sanae, I'm sure Ran can contact Chen easily.  We're gonna need to find Alice, probobly Satori in that group, to find out her intentions, and, of course, the rest of us are going to have to find these portals, if we can stop things coming out and spreading everywhere..." Reimu starts, before there's a loud crashing sound from the direction you left Yuugi and Sukia.

> "I'm guessing the Oni are over there, seeing as that couldn't have been Marisa... ok, Satori and Koishi, you OK with looking for Alice?"

> "Yes, I'm needed for the job of finding her intentions anyway, and I already read your mind for a description..." Satori said.

> "I guess!" Koishi chimed in.

> "Me and Marisa and Ran will go handle the drunkards. Rin, you're pretty fast, you think you can find Sanae?"

> The cat let out a meow, and ran off.

> "As for you four... do whatever you think would help the most. You're the weakest here, but there's four of you, and you do have pretty good teamwork. Look for portals, help one of the other groups, look for makai creatures attacking, I don't care." Reimu said, before everyone got ready to head to their destinations.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2012, 10:24:42 PM »
>"She was all serious and staring at that portal thing like it stole her lunch money! I even said hi a few times, and she didn't even say hi once!"
>"Well, I guess so but....It still hurts though."
>"We can go look for the portal things! Finding this stuff is something even one of those kids from the human village could do! Come on guys, let's go!"
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »
>"She was all serious and staring at that portal thing like it stole her lunch money! I even said hi a few times, and she didn't even say hi once!"
>"Well, I guess so but....It still hurts though."
>"We can go look for the portal things! Finding this stuff is something even one of those kids from the human village could do! Come on guys, let's go!"

> "Yuugi? Serious? This I have to see." Reimu said, before her group took off.

> "It would hurt even if I could fly without wings Rumia!" Mystcia says.

> You decide to look for portals after discussing it with everyone else, after the others left the palace.

> At this point, a portal opens right in front of you, and the Palace of the Earth Spirits. Two human figures come out. One looks like a blue-haired angel, the other... looks almost identical to Marisa.

> "Mai, this is gonna be fun! We never got to go to this world last time the barriers broke down!" the Marisa-lookalike said.

> "We have company..." the angel like one said, apparently called Mai.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2012, 10:40:23 PM »
>"...Well that was fast, huh? Who are you guys anyways? And why's Marisa with you? I thought she was over thataways!" Point in a random direction!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2012, 10:48:30 PM »
>"...Well that was fast, huh? Who are you guys anyways? And why's Marisa with you? I thought she was over thataways!" Point in a random direction!

> "What was fast? Wait, Marisa... where have I... oh... that witch who broke into Makai last time, one of the four raiders... wait, she looks like me now? How did THAT happen? Last time I saw her she was wearing a black-purple dress..."

> "Yuki, your dress is black." Mai said.

> "Well I don't have a broom like her, do I?!" Yuki protested.

> "I beleive you should answer their curiousity... loudmouth." Mai snarked.

> Yuki sighed. "I'm Yuki, and she's Mai. We're magicians who reside within Makai, so I guess we're probobly demonic magicians by now, I don't know, not been around a non-Makai-dwelling Magician Youkai long enough to know if there's any difference. We are also loyal to our Lady Shinki, and, no offense guys, but you lot are in our way."

> "We have no qualms about killing anyone who gets in our way..." Mai said coldly. "I class anything except my objective to be in my way... so it's not a case of stand aside, it's a case of, aren't you unlucky." she added.

> You feel... something... from the portal. You're not sure what it is, but it's at the back of your mind.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2012, 10:57:37 PM »
>"...Objective? Is that something you eat?"
>Look at Mystia. "Hey, Hey, Mysty. What's an 'Objective'? Is it tasty?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2012, 10:59:48 PM »
>"...Objective? Is that something you eat?"
>Look at Mystia. "Hey, Hey, Mysty. What's an 'Objective'? Is it tasty?"

> The two magicians don't respond.

> "I dunno." Mystcia says.

> "It's what they're here for!" Wriggle exclaims. "The objective is whatever's making these guys come from Makai into our world!"

> "You gonna talk all day? Mai just said she intends to kill you four weak youkai." Yuki said.

> "You're no better." Mai said venomously.

« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »
>"Hey, you can't go about killing people! And fix Satori's house!"
>Get ready to rumble.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »
>"Hey, you can't go about killing people! And fix Satori's house!"
>Get ready to rumble.

[They never did anything to Satori's house]

> "But you're not people. You're Youkai. Enough talk..." Mai said.

> Your quartet gets into battle stance, while Embers begin to circle around Yuki, and bits of ice fly around Mai.

> Seeing the ice around Mai makes you think about Cirno for a second.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2012, 11:22:07 PM »
>"You remind me of Cirno! She's an Ice Fairy y'know, strong too!"
>Fire off Night Bird as a starter!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2012, 11:22:33 PM »
>Night Bird - Lunatic that is.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2012, 11:29:55 PM »
>"You remind me of Cirno! She's an Ice Fairy y'know, strong too!"
>Fire off Night Bird as a starter!

>Night Bird - Lunatic that is.

> "A fairy? Don't make me laugh..."

> You start off hard, fireing off a Lunatic version of Night Bird. Your allies take the que, and fire off the most powerful versions of some of their spells; Lamp Sign: Firefly Phenomenon; Vocal Sign: Howl of the Horned Owl, and Large Ring - Hello Forgotten World.

> The result is a complete cluster of danmaku headinf towards the two witches.

> "My my Mai, they have some teamwork here, let's show them ours." Yuki said. Mai let out a stream of ice, which Yuki melted, forming a wave of water. Mai then froze it as it enveloped the danmaku, stopping the attacks, and forming a wall, blocking the rest of the assult.

> "Sorry to dissapoint you, but it's gonna take more than brute power to win this for you, although, I am kinda impressed by that burst..." Yuki said, her fist being coated with fire.

> "Be quiet and focus on ending this as fast as possible." Mai said, motioning with her hand and forming multiple icicles in the air, which began to fall towards your group, while Yuki shot multiple fireballs, forming a horizontal and vertical attack.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
>"Hey! Cirno freezes danmaku too! Are you her big sis? You kinda look like her!"
>Alright then, let's step it up with Moonlight Ray -Lunatic-!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2012, 11:52:55 PM »
>Fly up to avoid the fire and shoot danmaku to break the icicles we can't dodge
>Then blast the fire one with Moonlight Ray

« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2012, 11:54:40 PM »
>Added to the above: Tell the others quietly "Try to separate them. so they can't do that freezing trick again."

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #195 on: March 19, 2012, 11:55:32 PM »
>Fly up to avoid the fire and shoot danmaku to break the icicles we can't dodge
>Then blast the fire one with Moonlight Ray

>Added to the above: Tell the others quietly "Try to separate them. so they can't do that freezing trick again."

>"Hey! Cirno freezes danmaku too! Are you her big sis? You kinda look like her!"
>Alright then, let's step it up with Moonlight Ray -Lunatic-!

> You get clipped by a few of the fireballs as you ascend, but nothing serious. Kogasa's spirit form gets beat up, but Kogasa dosen't take any active measures to preserve her humanoid avatar anyway.

> "She looks nothing like Cirno Rumia..." Wriggle says.

> Suddenly, a purple portal opens, with eyes inside it, and something falls out of it, hitting Mai on the head.

> "Ow... where am I? Oh hi guys!" Cirno says, having been dropped out of one of Yukari's gaps. She's oblivious to the fact that you're in combat, and is currently floating inbetween your party, Yuki, and an annoyed looking Mai with a bruise on her head where Cirno's hard head was dropped on it. The fairy turns around and sees the two witches.

> "I'm Cirno! I'm the strongest, that's all you need to know!" she boasts.

[Just so you know, your choice about what to do, or, more specifically, how to go about it, is what decided who you fought now. If you had split up, you'd be fighting Louise instead, but have a smaller party. Cirno also wouldn't have been dropped in until later.]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:58:47 PM by Raikaria »

« Reply #196 on: March 20, 2012, 12:35:50 AM »
>"Hmm, yeah she really doesn't look like Cirno...."
>"Hey Cirno, the angel stole your danmaku freezing trick!"
>Whisper to the others. "Maybe if half of us attack from one side, the rest attack from the other, and we box the two of them in."
>Assuming agreement, do the boxing with non-spell damnaku and use Moonlight Ray - Lunatic when they get clustered.
>Did we ever figure out how everyone makes familiars?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2012, 07:12:11 AM »
>"Hmm, yeah she really doesn't look like Cirno...."
>"Hey Cirno, the angel stole your danmaku freezing trick!"
>Whisper to the others. "Maybe if half of us attack from one side, the rest attack from the other, and we box the two of them in."
>Assuming agreement, do the boxing with non-spell damnaku and use Moonlight Ray - Lunatic when they get clustered.
>Did we ever figure out how everyone makes familiars?

> "Toldya."

> "What?! Well, I'll have to teach her a certain lesson!" Cirno said, chargeing towards Mai. The Ice witch fired a cone of ice towards the Ice Fairy, but, to her surprise, Cirno countered with her own, and the two attacks just left a large spike of ice midway. Judgeing by the look on Cirno's face after this, it seems she wants to prove she's the strongest to Mai, as a rival ice user.

> Yuki adjusted her hat. "As long as that fairy's messing around with Mai's ice, she's not gonna be very helpful. Oh well, it looks like this will be a four against one this side."

> Wriggle's familiars are fireflies, and Mystcia's are basically just an orb that leaves danmaku in it's trail, basically being a type of danmaku. You cannot produce them.  Nor can Kogasa or Cirno.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #198 on: March 20, 2012, 03:48:56 PM »
>"Okay then, I guess we'll have to end this quick then, because I'm getting hungry~! Hey, you wanna come find something to eat after this?"
>Let's keep firing moonlight ray if it's still got charge.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #199 on: March 20, 2012, 04:23:01 PM »
>"Okay then, I guess we'll have to end this quick then, because I'm getting hungry~! Hey, you wanna come find something to eat after this?"
>Let's keep firing moonlight ray if it's still got charge.

> "I think we have more important things than eating right now Rumia, but sure, once this whole mess is over!" Wriggle said.

> You never actually started using the Moonlight Ray due to the surprise of Cirno showing up. Cirno and Mai seem pretty evenly matched, much to the surprise of both parties involved, Mai due to the nature of her foe, and Cirno due to being 'the strongest'. At the very least, Cirno will be able to hold off Mai for a while. How convienent she showed up to help your plan of keeping them seperate.

> You use your Moon Sign - Moonlight Ray card, boxing Yuki in with lasers. Kogasa decides to add more lasers, using her Halo "Karakasa Surprising Flash" spellcard, spinning her umbrella around while fireing lasers from the prongs every now and then, an area-sweeping attack. Wriggle and Mystcia stick to their nonspells, Mystcia in particular using the nonspell where a line of danmaku forms and then fans out, instead of her spiral-like ones.

> "Sixth Circle: Heresy" you hear Yuki say, before a ring of fire surrounds her, dispelling the danmaku fired at her, although not the indirect, dodge-ing punishing lasers you and Kogasa were shooting. Following this, five more rings of fire form around Yuki, and she launches one towards each of you, includeing Cirno.

> Meanwhile, you hear Cirno declare Ice Sign: Icicle Fall, and thankfully she dosen't use the weakest of the two forms of it. Mai counters Cirno's spell rather easily, shattering the icicles with a hail of danmaku of her own, but isn't in a position to capitalise on it afterwards. Mai notices Yuki unleashing her attack and lets out a faint smile.

She's already being pushed that far? Stupid weakling. I'll let her wear them down, then I'll finish playing with this fairy and finish them so I can take all the credit. she thinks to herself.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
>"I was talking about bringing those two along to find something to eat~! I mean, isn't it usually a good thing to make friends with the people you beat up?"
>Let's keep pouring on the lasers!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2012, 05:00:33 PM »
>"I was talking about bringing those two along to find something to eat~! I mean, isn't it usually a good thing to make friends with the people you beat up?"
>Let's keep pouring on the lasers!

> You're a bit too worried about the fire-circles to speak right now. Luckily, your lasers fade, allowing you to move to evade it, in the short period where you reposition. Everyone dodges the fire-ring, even Cirno, albeit, by accident, in dodgeing an attack by Mai.

> You prepare to fire the next barrage of your attacks, when you notice Mystcia and Wriggle swerve out of the corner of your eye, evadeing discs from... behind?! You're in a spelltrance, and can't move at your current position in your attack, so the ring of fire slams into you, the same goes for Kogasa.

> A magic bubble surrounds both of you, before shattering, and your spells dis-spell. This takes the two rings that were after you out as they dis-spell your spell, although Wriggle and Mystcia's rings are still chaseing them. Mai's evaded attack put out the ring after Cirno.

> You feel some pain and fatigue, due to your spell getting dis-spelled by force. You'll have to rely on nonspells or other forms of combat for a short period while you gather your magic for another spell.

> Yuki is still surrounded by the 6th ring of fire, defending herself from attacks directed at her.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2012, 05:03:16 PM »
>Well, this wasn't a surprise, but there's not much we can do about it huh?
>"Mysty! I got a plan! Start singing!"
>Time to pour on the darkness, flood the area!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2012, 05:12:42 PM »
>Well, this wasn't a surprise, but there's not much we can do about it huh?
>"Mysty! I got a plan! Start singing!"
>Time to pour on the darkness, flood the area!

> Indeed, there wasn't much you could do at the time.

> "I can't sing and fly fast enough to evade this thing!" Mystcia shouted. It takes quite a bit of focus for her to sing clearly enough to cause night-blindness, and, in combat, doing so requires useage of a spellcard, which would be dis-spelled like yours was until the ring of fire chasing her is gone.

> As such, you don't use your darkness, the combo won't work unless you do something about the ring chasing Mystcia.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #204 on: March 20, 2012, 05:20:36 PM »
>Well then, only one thing for it then huh?
>Let's charge at Yuki with danmaku a blazin'!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #205 on: March 20, 2012, 05:26:27 PM »
>Well then, only one thing for it then huh?
>Let's charge at Yuki with danmaku a blazin'!

> Indeed

> You and Kogasa charge into towards Yuki, fireing nonspell danmaku, which the fire just blocks.

> Then you randomly attempt an laser-based nonspell attack, which cuts through Yuki's fire-ring, and causes her spell to dis-spell.

> "Damnit!" she cries, looking behind her for a moment to see how Mai is doing.

> Mai and Cirno are fighting in what has now become a frozen wonderland within the former Hell. They still seem evenly matched, whenever one attacks the other just deflects, dodges, or counters.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #206 on: March 20, 2012, 05:29:53 PM »
>Alright! "Now's our chance guys! Mysty! Start singing! Koga, Wriggle, you guys handle her, I'll support Mysty with my power!"
>Flood the area with darkness!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #207 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:39 PM »
>Alright! "Now's our chance guys! Mysty! Start singing! Koga, Wriggle, you guys handle her, I'll support Mysty with my power!"
>Flood the area with darkness!

> "Night Blindness Song of the Night Sparrow!" Mystcia announces, before she begins to sing.

> You help Mystcia by spreading your darkness, however, there is a downside to the plan. Your darkness, and Mystcia's spellcard, effect Youkai, as such, you and Mystcia have their vision impaired by each other's abilities, and everyone else is virtually blinded.

« Reply #208 on: March 20, 2012, 05:38:27 PM »
>Ah...huh.
>We can tell where Yuki is right? Danmaku spam full force.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #209 on: March 20, 2012, 06:23:46 PM »
>Ah...huh.
>We can tell where Yuki is right? Danmaku spam full force.

> You do know where she is... more than anyone else does anyway, besides Mystcia.

> You all spam danmaku, Mystcia using her spellcard to attack with. You have to dodge a few shots that were off-target by Wriggle and Kogasa.

> Mystcia's spell ends, and your vision returns fully as a result. Wriggle and Kogasa can now see partly, as can everyone else.

> Yuki is standing there, looking like she was definitely hit more than a few times.