Author Topic: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!  (Read 284937 times)

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
Re: PURPLEQUEST - An MSPaint Adventure!
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2012, 05:49:37 AM »
> Put on some tunes.
> FASHION MONTAGE!
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2012, 05:54:29 AM »
> Practice 'Kumoi is Sugoi' pose

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2012, 06:03:13 AM »
>Examine your bust very closely.

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2012, 06:54:32 AM »
>Package first! What if it's something pertaining to the party tonight, like a new hat or something?!

>We usually wear a hood. What is our stance on hats anyway, though?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »
> Wonder why the Jewled Pagoda of Bishimoten or however it's spelt is on your desk. Isn't that Shou's? Or is it just a pagoda-shaped desklamp?

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2012, 09:21:08 AM »
>The box! The box!
>Wait, first let's rub the Buddha's belly for good luck, then the box!

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2012, 03:22:17 PM »
> WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »
You don't need to repost your questions if I skip over them, I'm just saving them for a more appropriate moment. :V

Since PURPLEQUEST is now being posted to Tumblr as well (although I'm still only taking commands from you guys) I'm going to work on having a more consistent train of thought in terms of commands while still answering all your questions, since your posts can't be seen there.

> Ichirin: Examine package.

You read the note attached to it.

What an unusually thoughtful gesture! It must be a rum cake. You don't think Minamitsu has ever baked a cake before, though. She eats almost nothing except rice and fish. Maybe she bought it.

> Ichirin: Examine Wheel of Dharma rug.

You love your rug! You bought it at an oni flea market while you were sealed underground. You've had it for ages. You can't imagine getting out of bed without your comfy rug under your feet to start the day.

> Ichirin: Examine Buddha figurine.

A common misconception! It's inaccurate to call this guy "Buddha", since this is actually not the Guatama Buddha that founded Buddhism. This jovial fellow is known as Hotei, a well-known incarnation of the Maitreya Buddha, who will come some day in the future to teach the true Dharma. He is sometimes called the "Laughing Buddha" but this tends to cause confusion with the original.

Look how happy he is! You hope that someday everybody will be able to benefit from the Buddha's wisdom and take it as easy as he does.

Minamitsu made this with her MAD WHITTLING SKILLS. This was just a small practice piece, but she let you have it since you liked it so much. She later made a much bigger one to put outside the temple.

> Ichirin: Rub Hotei's belly.

Couldn't hurt! You rub his belly and wish for the peace and prosperity of the Myouren Temple for years to come.

> Ichirin: Examine Unzan bust.

This piece is titled "The Nyuudou". It was made by a sculptor in the Human Village after he witnessed a tussle in the courtyard that you and Unzan were involved in; he was so inspired by the sight of Unzan in battle that he went right home and started work on this.

Unzan thinks it's too embarrassing to have a statue of himself on public display, so you keep it in your room. You know he likes it a lot, though!

> Ichirin: Examine Jeweled Pagoda.

Another one of your treasured possessions, this Jeweled Pagoda lamp is a REPLICA of SUPERB QUALITY. After Byakuren was sealed, there was a discussion about how to distribute the temple's relics; it was decided that the most prized one, the JEWELED PAGODA, would be given to Shou (in retrospect, this may not have been the best decision). Shou was so grateful that she commissioned these replicas and gave one to each of you, so that "everyone could have one".

At a glance, it's indistinguishable from the real thing - it's gold-plated and made with crystal glass, with a magical glowing light within. However, the lamps would later prove to be the bane of Shou's existence when she kept losing the Pagoda and confusing it with these; as a countermeasure, Nazrin gathered them all up and inscribed "NOT THE PAGODA" on the bottom of each one.

It's pretty valuable, so you keep it well-polished.

> Ichirin: Raid the fridge.

Does it count as raiding if everything inside is yours?

This is a KAPPATECH MINIFRIDGE, powered by CUCUMBER BIO-FUEL. In addition to keeping your drinks frosty, it also has a HOT setting that allows you to open it up and use it as a space heater in the winter.

Your fridge is full of TRENDY BEVERAGES from the outside world. Kourindou get a pretty wide variety of these. You check its CURRENT CONTENTS.

- 3x KAPPA-COLA. This is a cucumber-flavored soft drink produced by the kappa. They're much less sugary than the sodas from the outside world. You like to knock one back after a hard day of training.
- 2x NEW COKE. You like these colas, but they're awfully strong and they tend to leave a sticky taste in your mouth. You only have one every once in a great while. The "NEW" label makes you wonder what CLASSIC COKE tastes like, but you guess they wouldn't have changed it if the new one wasn't better. Nobody probably drinks CLASSIC COKE in the outside world anymore, which causes you to wonder why NEW COKE showed up in Gensokyo before CLASSIC COKE did.
- 1x CRYSTAL PEPSI. This is some kind of super-rare invisible cola. You dare not try it until you can get a second one!
- 2x SURGE. This is a fully loaded CITRUS SODA with CARBOS. You don't know what carbos are, but apparently they make you feel UNCOMFORTABLY ENERGETIC!

> Ichirin: Examine idol posters.

The one on the left is one of your niche favorites, MYSTIA LORELEI. She's just so spunky! But people give you a hard time for liking her, and she even lost a few of her fans after she entered her goth phase and put out her latest album BROKEN WINGS, which is PRETTY EMO compared to her usual stuff. Mystia said she wanted to sing something more meaningful, which you have MAD RESPECT for. You ignore the haters, they're probably just Prismrivers fangirls anyway.

The one on the right is YAMAME KURODANI, and she's more popular than ever after her latest album, LOVE DISEASE. Yamame started underground (both literally and figuratively) and built up a wide fanbase while experimenting with a lot of different music styles. Her popularity exploded when she burst on the stage with her new idol routine, and you are SUPER PUMPED to see her perform later today!

> _
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:09:16 PM by Stuffman »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »
- 2x SURGE. This is a fully loaded CITRUS SODA with CARBOS. You don't know what carbos are, but apparently they make you feel UNCOMFORTABLY ENERGETIC!

>FEED THE RUSH POSTHASTE

>While imbibing beverage, contemplate the majesty of Idol Yamame and retrieve a spare habit and scapular.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 07:34:53 PM by Edible »

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
Since PURPLEQUEST is now being posted to Tumblr as well (although I'm still only taking commands from you guys) I'm going to work on having a more consistent train of thought in terms of commands while still answering all your questions, since your posts can't be seen there.

>Compliment parser on his choice of layout.

>Examine books and scrolls above the two desks!

Fightest

• Fighter than anyone else
« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2012, 07:47:07 PM »
> Confirm that our REPLICA JEWELED PAGODA is, actually, a REPLICA. You never know with these things.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2012, 07:53:58 PM »
> List songs available for requesting during Yamame's show

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
> Examine Phonograph.
> Check wardrobe selection.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »
> Confirm that our REPLICA JEWELED PAGODA is, actually, a REPLICA. You never know with these things.

> More specifically, you never know if Nue's swapped them to cause Shou greif, or Shou's misplaced them... again.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2012, 11:30:27 PM »
>Do a small dance of excitement before kissing Yamame!

>How in the world does Shou lose the pagoda so often?

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2012, 01:58:33 AM »
> Ichirin: Examine bookshelves.

These are your BUDDHIST TEXTS. Although they look EXCEPTIONALLY UNWIELDY, you had plenty of time to read them underground. You'd actually like to peruse them again from time to time, but these books are VERY OLD and you really don't want to manhandle them too much, lest they start falling apart. They need to be scribed into new books sometime soon, but apparently TENGU PRINTING TECHNOLOGY is advancing quickly and they're on the verge of being able to REPRODUCE TEXT simply by taking pictures of it. That'd save a lot of time!

> Ichirin: Double-check Jeweled Pagoda Lamp.

Everything seems to be in order here.

You wonder how Shou can lose hers so often. It glows pretty bright!

> Ichirin: Wonder what Yamame will sing at her concert.

You look over the titles from her latest CD. Of course, she could sing anything from her previous albums as well, or maybe even a new song altogether! Yamame is always full of surprises. Whatever it is, you're sure it'll be exciting!

> Ichirin: FEED THE RUSH, POSTHASTE.

Sure, why not? You're going to be running all over former hell today. You could use the energy!

You pop open a SURGE and chug it with gusto!

You feel SO ENERGETIC. You have GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF ENERGY!

ENOUGH PUSSYFOOTING AROUND, it's FASHION TIME!

(Now everyone be patient while I prepare the next sequence :V )

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2012, 03:40:51 AM »
>Unzan: Punch the 4th wall to make Stuffman write quicker!
>Stuffman: Be on shroooooooms~  :3

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2012, 06:35:49 AM »
> Rock out to some Love Disease.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2012, 08:40:26 AM »
>Examine the fashion cabinet forthwith!

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #139 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:52 AM »
> Ichirin: Open wardrobe.

You throw open the doors to your MAGICAL WARDROBE. Due to the TRULY EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF CLOTHING in your possession, Byakuren gifted you with this magical wardrobe that leads into a SPACIOUS EXTRADIMENSIONAL WALK-IN CLOSET.

The author would make a Narnia reference if he had ever read or seen any of the material related to it, but he has not, so you'll have to do without.

You have SO MANY CLOTHES, you don't even know where to begin. You're just going to start trying stuff on until you find something that suits your fancy!

You put on some of Yamame's MUSICAL STYLINGS and GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

[Ѕ] > Ichirin: FASHION MONTAGE.

[Put in  your votes for what Ichirin should wear!]
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:33:47 AM by Stuffman »

Metaflare

• Happening Cat of the Middle of Nowhere
  • Welp is not a good nickname
« Reply #140 on: February 29, 2012, 04:41:32 AM »

Gensokyo needs more wild west

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #141 on: February 29, 2012, 05:10:03 AM »
Go for #8, Gensokyo definitely needs more-wait what Nazrin what are you doing there?
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #142 on: February 29, 2012, 05:15:31 AM »
> #8 and use Nazrin as an accessory

« Reply #143 on: February 29, 2012, 05:25:59 AM »
Hm ... I can't decide between #9 and #11. ... I'll go with #9.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #144 on: February 29, 2012, 05:38:00 AM »
> #4, and my god, Stuffman, you are GLORIOUS.
> AUGHNAZRINWHAT

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #145 on: February 29, 2012, 05:50:52 AM »
and
> iosadhvfaosjhndf
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

Drake

« Reply #146 on: February 29, 2012, 06:05:43 AM »
> Choose $8 for massive stylin'.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #147 on: February 29, 2012, 06:11:00 AM »
> 11.

Iced Fairy

• So like if you try to hurt alkaza
  • I will set you on fire k'?
    • Daisukima Dan Blog
« Reply #148 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:00 AM »
I must fight for #4

Jana

• mrgrgr
« Reply #149 on: February 29, 2012, 06:42:05 AM »
I personally really like #2, but it may send the wrong message... I'll put my vote in for #10.