Author Topic: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online  (Read 208249 times)

Re: Touhou Rage Thread XI Online
« Reply #900 on: March 04, 2012, 10:04:58 PM »
This thread is becoming very silly. Back in my day, we raged calmly and sedately, like gentlemen! Enough of the pedantry and arguing, let's get some classy rage in here. :V
I played a Psikyo game and got hit by an instalaser.  It was quite infuriating, I do say.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #901 on: March 04, 2012, 10:08:24 PM »
Because I was feeling like all I wanted to do is fly around and shoot things without any real challenge, yesterday I fired up MoF and chose Marisa B in Easy Mode.

It was pretty awesome at first, but my own arrogance got the better of me during my fight with Sanae.

Lesson learned: "flow" doesn't just mean not stressing about the situation; it also means not getting cocky when things are going well.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #902 on: March 04, 2012, 10:10:52 PM »
Both of those stage 1 bombs were pretty unnecessary.  Parsee has no hitbox on her midboss spell, and those bullets move pretty slow.  Don't screw around and just go for the speedkill.  She should die on the second wave.  Parsee's first boss spell and in general, remember that ReimuA can teleport.  Incredibly useful skill if you're careful with it.  Last spell, you want to direct her shots to the bottom, not the sides/top.  The blue bullets will float upwards, so you can pretty much sit at the bottom and not worry about them too much aside from the occasional one that goes horizontally.  Stage 3 pre-midboss, bah more unnecessary bombs.  The first was because you PoC'd when you couldn't get yourself back out.  Should have just streamed the bullets to save save your power - knowing your own abilities is very important, so try to avoid putting yourself into situations you can't handle (practice mode aside).  The second was just what.  There was barely anything on the screen then.  For Yuugi bubbles, try to move unfocused a lot more.  It's pretty hard to focus dodge a lot of those bubbles.  Those fairies with the purple amulets at the end of stage 4 are aimed, so you can just sit on one side and tap once for each wave, no dodging required.  For the last fairy, if you're not consistent with it then you'll probably want to bomb that so you don't end up collecting the powerups and then bombing back to 3.00.  Especially if you go into that fairy at 4.00, since you'll always net a break-even in power.  Memo Satori's nonspells.  Memo her first spell (it's left, right, repeat as far as which side of the lasers you want to be on when they stop).  Practice her last spell more to get consistent at it, go into the safespot if you end up bombing on a real run, since it'll save you from burning more resources.  Stop shooting when you need to change direction for the stage 5 big Kedemas before Orin/midboss Orin.  For Orin spell 1, it helps a ton if you lead the fairies to the top of the screen at the start.  You can just sit under Orin and the suicide bullets from the fairies will be mostly spread out by the time they reach the bottom of the screen.  Second nonspell is MUCH easier from the top.  You also want to be careful not to blow up those spirit things, since they can cause all sorts of problems.  Second spell is pretty much right, though I'll also point out that ReimuA can cheese it with teleports (keep in mind that doesn't apply to Hard/Lunatic when you get there).  Second last spell has the wheels aimed at you, so you want to micrododge roughly a wheel radius to the side each time.  It is quite tough though.  Last spell can be cheesed by sitting on top of Orin (she has no hitbox for it) and then bombing when the fairies get close.  Do clockwise circles around the screen if you're trying to cap of course.  Stage 6 pre-Orin can be cheesed with teleports if you aren't good with redirecting it.  Okuu's first spell follows the same principle as Orin's second last, but harder.  I also notice you going for graze when you bomb and sitting between the blue lasers in stage 4, and while that sort of thing is good from a scoring perspective, you should be focusing more on the clear than anything.  You should mostly just be grazing for the autocollect.

I made a replay if watching helps more than reading :V

USE. PARAGRAPHS.

I do say, this is quite infuriating. During a scuffle with Lady Yuyuko on the Ultra setting, I ended up suffering a final casualty to Swallowtail Butterfly and dare I say I enjoyed that casualty.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #903 on: March 04, 2012, 10:19:21 PM »
USE. PARAGRAPHS.
I did.  One big paragraph.  But yeah, looking back on it, that was a pretty huge wall...

« Reply #904 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:07 PM »
Was doing SA normal 4+5...was trying to no death it, but i can't remember it, because i remember the lunatic version so i was expecting "a bit more bullets" but thats not the case, so i died somehow by miss anticipating walls of bullets and lack of concentration.

But then thought...Fuck this, XephyrEnigma didn't want help and i was gonna give it (will do anyway if you want), but then that'll be the wrong topic since there's one dedicated for help. Time wasted well.

On the good side, Fuck yea 1cc'd crimzon clover! and type-z cheeses the whole game.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #905 on: March 04, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »
Was doing SA normal 4+5...was trying to no death it, but i can't remember it, because i remember the lunatic version so i was expecting "a bit more bullets" but thats not the case, so i died somehow by miss anticipating walls of bullets and lack of concentration.

But then thought...Fuck this, XephyrEnigma didn't want help and i was gonna give it (will do anyway if you want), but then that'll be the wrong topic since there's one dedicated for help. Time wasted well.

On the good side, Fuck yea 1cc'd crimzon clover! and type-z cheeses the whole game.

Where'd you figure that? I never said I didnt want help, but I already have a Stage 5 replay from someone else. Sorry for wasting your time though.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

pineyappled

« Reply #906 on: March 05, 2012, 04:32:20 AM »
Dear Byakuren,
Spoiler:
I hate you. I hate everything about you. Your stage, your theme, your design, and your existence all just plain suck. Just go and die die die die die so horribly all they recover of you is a trail of mangled, bloody intestines.

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #907 on: March 05, 2012, 06:22:11 AM »
Dear Byakuren,
Spoiler:
I hate you. I hate everything about you. Your stage, your theme, your design, and your existence all just plain suck. Just go and die die die die die so horribly all they recover of you is a trail of mangled, bloody intestines.

Byaaa... :<

On topic, IN sucks

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

« Reply #908 on: March 05, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »
Zengeku, calm the fuck down. You have automatic bombs, and you're playing Mountain of Faith.

Well that doesn't mean that I enjoy things that doesn't even give me a chance does it? I can only guess that their idea behind ultra MoF and SA was that now that the player's got a crapload of bombs, might as well make him need them thus effectively making it demanding that you expend resources to make it through instead of providing something that's just a really hard but possible version of the original.

The Ultra Patch makes some other things really cool too so its not like its all bad. It's just sad when they decide to roll with some pattern DFK's 2nd loop would be proud of. Except without the hypers.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #909 on: March 05, 2012, 11:10:04 AM »
Well that doesn't mean that I enjoy things that doesn't even give me a chance does it? I can only guess that their idea behind ultra MoF and SA was that now that the player's got a crapload of bombs, might as well make him need them thus effectively making it demanding that you expend resources to make it through instead of providing something that's just a really hard but possible version of the original.

The Ultra Patch makes some other things really cool too so its not like its all bad. It's just sad when they decide to roll with some pattern DFK's 2nd loop would be proud of. Except without the hypers.
I suppose ultra patches have almost no intentional attempts on pattern playability. I think they just automatically change some values wich affect on how dense and fast shit will flow. :derp: This makes some patterns go complete bullshit, some become broken and trivial and some really harder, but doable.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

« Reply #910 on: March 05, 2012, 01:30:26 PM »

I'm waiting warmly for your comments on Nitori's and Sanae's noncards and VoWG.  :V

« Reply #911 on: March 05, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »
I just tried out Nitori and VoWG today and by the gods is Nitori ever broken.

It's almost like, what the hell? Just box me in and then slam unavoidable garbage in my face. The next two are equally retarded. Her spells I haven't been able to capture but I'm not ready to judge them yet. Though the first and second seems entirely unpassable too.

VoWG. It sucks very fucking much. I died FOUR times going through barely dodging anything.

What I'm wondering here is; Even if he just altered some value-thingies in the coding to make things harder, then how come PCB turned out a lot more plausible. Maybe the patcher should've held a bit back. I also assume that it would have been possible to adjust each section of the game individually so it only gets boosted to the point where it is still humanly possible just very hard.

I probably shouldn't be bitching too much about this patch since its entirely optional for me to use it or not but really, it does something's really well so the guy behind it should actually finish his patch instead of just lazily make everything harder by throwing a few switches. That's almost an insult to the source material.

There I've done my raging. I'm pretty calm right now though so... it's not really raging.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #912 on: March 05, 2012, 03:58:47 PM »
200 attempts on timing out Endless Evening Cherry Blossoms lunatic. The best i've got is 1 second left! :qq:

Cmon, BT, Malkyrian and other timeout obsessed players. Try it out.
My danmakufu thread Most recent - "Kappa Mechanics" (Nitori fight)   My youtube channel Latest update - EoSD extra no bombs clear

Seppo Hovi

« Reply #913 on: March 05, 2012, 04:50:24 PM »
So I entered FinalB of IN on Yuyuko solo, playing on easy with only 70M behind the WR. Everything went to hell.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=19218

Shit.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #914 on: March 05, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »
OH THAT'S SO FUNNY IT'S HILARIOUS MURASA. IT'S FUCKING HILARIOUS. I DECIDE TO TAKE A PEE BREAK AND GET KILLED ON YOUR FIRST CARD WHEN I UNPAUSE. FUNNY THING IS I WAS HAVING THE BEST RUN I COULD HAVE THIS TIME.

HNEIOLGHNRWEIOGNJHWEIPGHWSEIGHPWEHGIPQWENGPIOQENGPOIWHGPIGHIOKLQENJHGPIOLEHG NHEGIOWENGIOLHEGPIHGPIHJEGPIRSWNGIOPWERHGPOINEPIGWJHEPIGHWEPIHWEIGNPIWEHG GWEIGNHESIJHGSWEIGNHSDKLGHIHIPNGPIHEPGFNJSDPGNESWPGHSAWKGTJNEAHT NGILENGIOEHV:IOKLDGNPIHKL:AXNGPGPIOWNGPIOWESHGPWEAQNGISWHPIGASWTGHPGHQAW NWEGIOAWNIOGHJAEWSOGTHSOPGNJAIOKGJNASQHNIGPIHHIPP{G{HOGWEGFQWPO(FGWEPHGEPHITWEQ

WHYTHEFUCKCAN'TANYTHINGGOMYWAYINTHISBACKWARDSASSGAMEIWASACTUALLYDOINGGOODTHENABOSSTHATIHADPRACTICEWITHDECIDEDTOBEABITCHANDBEATTHELIVINGFUCKINGSHITOUTOFME
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FAIR IT'S NOT FUCKING FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIRRRRRRRR

AHAIHOIAHIOAHHSAOHAHAHAPHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA THAT'S SO FUCKING FUNNY UFO THAT'S SO FUCKING FUNNY WHY DO YOU HAVE TO PLAY THIS BULLSHIT WITH ME I WAS PLAYING ON EASY MODE JUST TO BLOW SHIT UP AND HOPEFULLY RECOVER MY SELF ESTEEM FROM MY STUPID FAILURE AT HARD MODE AND YOU KILLED ME AT FUCKING KOGASA WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

ZUN THERE ARE SO MANY FUCKING THINGS I WANT TO DO TO YOU RIGHT NOW THAT WOULD GET ME PERMABANNED IF I WERE TO EVEN SAY THEM

Esupanitix
Threatening ZUN with stabbing his kidneys and filling them with vodka since 2011
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 10:57:38 PM by Esupanitix »

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #915 on: March 05, 2012, 10:59:29 PM »
So what happened to the rest of your lives? Also, if any game is ass backwards out of the entire series, it'd have to be SA, considering the whole missing out on fragments for dying on patterns.

Edit: Before I forget, yes, I know that particular game is a bit more demanding in that you're expected to have some familiarity with it's patterns and spellcards, but for those who are a bit more prone to mistakes or overconfidence, the idea of losing out on life fragments for dying during bosses seems a little unfair, as opposed to UFO, which can be obnoxious at first, but once you get used to when you should and shouldn't collect UFOs, the system is a lot more flexible which brings me to a little tip for you, try to stock up on a few bombs before you get to Murasa.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 11:07:56 PM by XephyrEnigma »
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #916 on: March 05, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »
So what happened to the rest of your lives?

Enjoy.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #917 on: March 05, 2012, 11:07:30 PM »
ZUN THERE ARE SO MANY FUCKING THINGS I WANT TO DO TO YOU RIGHT NOW THAT WOULD GET ME PERMABANNED IF I WERE TO EVEN SAY THEM

Esupanitix
Threatening ZUN with stabbing his kidneys and filling them with vodka since 2011
Um... then we won't have any more Touhou games if that happened.  :derp:

Just saying...

My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #918 on: March 05, 2012, 11:16:08 PM »

Alright, let me just start by saying, I know exactly how this feels, but you can't let one death make everything go to shit like that. It's UFO, for every life you lose you can get three more down the road if you're careful. Just relax and stay calm.

Tengukami

« Reply #919 on: March 05, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
So what happened to the rest of your lives? Also, if any game is ass backwards out of the entire series, it'd have to be SA, considering the whole missing out on fragments for dying on patterns.

Which is why I use Reimu B. Thank you, autocollect!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #920 on: March 05, 2012, 11:23:56 PM »
It's UFO, for every life you lose you can get three more down the road if you're careful.

This is a load of shit.

Even if I'm CAREFUL, six red UFOs is two stages AT LEAST
I die more than once a stage and I go for bombs that I never end up using because I'm trying to LEARN HOW TO CAPTURE SOMETHING, not FUCK IT UP LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME

Enjoy.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #921 on: March 05, 2012, 11:33:26 PM »
This is a load of shit.

Even if I'm CAREFUL, six red UFOs is two stages AT LEAST
I die more than once a stage and I go for bombs that I never end up using because I'm trying to LEARN HOW TO CAPTURE SOMETHING, not FUCK IT UP LIKE EVERY OTHER TIME
First of all, you can get at minimum three red UFOs in a stage, so getting lives back isn't a whole lot of trouble. Second, focus on clearing stages in normal runs, learning spellcards is what practice mode is for. It's like kyouma told me, you've got to know your limits. Bombs are for getting yourself out of tight situations, rather than dying like an idiot.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #922 on: March 05, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

First TD Hard attempt

« Reply #923 on: March 05, 2012, 11:52:38 PM »
I die more than once a stage

You are not done figuring stuff out obviously. Or you are simply not bombing things that are about to kill you. How well do you handle Stage 5? I can understand fucking up Stage 4 since its all about random dodging and pretty difficult too but almost everything else in the game is based on fixed patterns that can be dealt with through the same approach every time.

For the future, save your replays and upload them here. I don't care if they suck, upload them so I can offer you some constructive advice that you can actually use.

MMX

• In Soviet Gensokyo...
  • ...bullets dodge you.
    • LiveJournal blog
« Reply #924 on: March 05, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

First TD Hard attempt
I'm curious, but dont have time to watch it now. Gimme some details on this run please (at least where you've gameovered). But overall advice - bomb moar cause the game gives you lot of bombs but just a few lives ;)

Zil

« Reply #925 on: March 05, 2012, 11:57:48 PM »
I'm just gonna say that you're probably better off going for lives rather than bombs, Esupanitix. I know expending a life doesn't nuke the boss like a bomb would, but if there are spells that you really can't handle like that then you can try to plan it out so that you get bombs when you need them anyway. Not to mention dying with bombs in stock is a kick in the balls; dying with extra lives in stock is... dying with extra lives in stock.

Tengukami

« Reply #926 on: March 06, 2012, 12:00:25 AM »
practice mode
Bombs are for getting yourself out of tight situations, rather than dying like an idiot.
save your replays

This is all around good advice - use practice mode, bomb rather than die, and save replays of your failures - others can offer advice, and you can also learn from your replays by watching them yourself.

Also, chasing bombs in UFO is ... what? Don't do this. The game will give you plenty of bombs by default; go for lives instead.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #927 on: March 06, 2012, 12:19:08 AM »
This is all around good advice - use practice mode, bomb rather than die, and save replays of your failures - others can offer advice, and you can also learn from your replays by watching them yourself.

Also, chasing bombs in UFO is ... what? Don't do this. The game will give you plenty of bombs by default; go for lives instead.

Chasing bombs? I'm not saying go exclusively for bombs, but if you know something is coming up that you can't handle, an extra bomb will help you with that, not to mention dying with two bombs or less is a waste.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #928 on: March 06, 2012, 12:45:58 AM »
@MMX

I got to Guse Flash :I

My last life... a 0/8 bomb in stock :qq:

I guess worth mentioning is how bad I am at trance routes :<
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:47:38 AM by Chisou Taizen »

« Reply #929 on: March 06, 2012, 01:14:14 AM »
Damnit ZUN, why did you put a 60 cards captured requirement on Phantasm? Does the phrase "on a new computer" mean nothing to you? Can't I just go straight to 90FPS Yukari?

I just played through Easy on PCB. Do you have any idea how boring that was?

...AND I'M STILL 16 CARDS SHORT.