Author Topic: Satori Quest - Day in the Life  (Read 169451 times)

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
Re: Satori Quest - Day in the Life
« Reply #930 on: April 19, 2012, 07:03:32 PM »
>Facepalm. "So that's what this is all about..."
>Sigh. "If you must know, that was actually a work-based accident. One of Orin's charges managed to slip away from her and possessed Marisa. Alice, and even my own little sister Koishi were injured somewhat because of that accident. But since I personally had a hand in resolving that, I decided to have a party to celebrate everything being resolved in a mostly safe way....That then ended up evolving into the festival."
>"And yes, the Danmaku Contest is exactly that. I know that Miss Knowledge is of poor health, so the Battle Festa is outright not an option for her. It would be far too taxing for her."
>Chuckle. "The only thing I can do is read people's hearts, and copy their spellcards, the spellcards they know well that belong to those important to them, and mimic them, and those they know well. Well, in terms of speech patterns, voice, and mannerisms at least."
>"And Okuu? Well, she can't even possess anything beyond actual possessions. As in, objects she herself owns. That's a play on words dear."
>"And as for Orin and Koishi? Well, they're not much more dangerous in that sort of regard either. Worst you could expect from Orin is getting run over by her when she's doing her job. And Koishi? She usually just affects your subconscious to make you think she isn't there. Rather handy really."
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #931 on: April 20, 2012, 11:36:49 AM »
>Facepalm. "So that's what this is all about..."
>Sigh. "If you must know, that was actually a work-based accident. One of Orin's charges managed to slip away from her and possessed Marisa. Alice, and even my own little sister Koishi were injured somewhat because of that accident. But since I personally had a hand in resolving that, I decided to have a party to celebrate everything being resolved in a mostly safe way....That then ended up evolving into the festival."
>Koakuma nods, "You see, I'll have to tell this all to Lady Patchouli. It's kind of bothersome to see her fretting around like that. She hasn't even slept much."
>"And yes, the Danmaku Contest is exactly that. I know that Miss Knowledge is of poor health, so the Battle Festa is outright not an option for her. It would be far too taxing for her."
>Chuckle. "The only thing I can do is read people's hearts, and copy their spellcards, the spellcards they know well that belong to those important to them, and mimic them, and those they know well. Well, in terms of speech patterns, voice, and mannerisms at least."
>She thinks for a while, "That must be handy... I'd suggest performing impressions in public for extra money, but I don't think that's necessary for some like you."
>Koakuma gestures around the room.
>"And Okuu? Well, she can't even possess anything beyond actual possessions. As in, objects she herself owns. That's a play on words dear."
>"And as for Orin and Koishi? Well, they're not much more dangerous in that sort of regard either. Worst you could expect from Orin is getting run over by her when she's doing her job. And Koishi? She usually just affects your subconscious to make you think she isn't there. Rather handy really."
>Koakuma frowns, "You're not all that dangerous, then..? That's nothing compared to how Lady Patchouli described you... she said you would relentlessly blurt out a person's deepest and darkest secrets and memories to torment them. In honesty, I know you can do that, but you don't seem the kind of person to do that."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #932 on: April 20, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
>Chuckle. "That's only if I'm in a particularly sadistic mood. These days though, I content myself with rebuilding my lost collection."
>Smirk a little. "You've helped a little with that, simply by being here. And for that, I thank you." Bow elegantly.
>"Oh, if you're wondering where Remilia and Sakuya are, they're enjoying the sights and sounds of the city. If memory serves, there's a rather nice snack stand near the Main Square. They have rather nice Dumplings, I'm quite partial to them."

(Hooray for references!)
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #933 on: April 20, 2012, 02:05:28 PM »
>Chuckle. "That's only if I'm in a particularly sadistic mood. These days though, I content myself with rebuilding my lost collection."
>Smirk a little. "You've helped a little with that, simply by being here. And for that, I thank you." Bow elegantly.
>Koakuma blinks, "Oh, I've helped you out? You're quite welcome!"
>She bows back.
>"Oh, if you're wondering where Remilia and Sakuya are, they're enjoying the sights and sounds of the city. If memory serves, there's a rather nice snack stand near the Main Square. They have rather nice Dumplings, I'm quite partial to them."
(Hooray for references!)
(Hooray indeedy!)
>Koakuma nods, "Ah, so that's where they went... I wondered why it seemed so quiet in the mansion today... I mean, it's quite quiet on a regular day, but usually you can hear the Mistress shouting Sakuya every hour or so."

>Orin returns, having delivered the note to the tailor's.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #934 on: April 20, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
>Smile. "Well then..."
>Switch to Sakuya's Pose and Voice. "Well, shall we begin the test?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #935 on: April 20, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
>Smile. "Well then..."
>Switch to Sakuya's Pose and Voice. "Well, shall we begin the test?"
>Koakuma blinks, "Whoa... that's good."
>She stretches a bit, "Yes, we shall!"

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #936 on: April 20, 2012, 02:36:25 PM »
>Take to the air!
(When she's reached our altitude)>"Just so you know, you will be facing copies of the spellcards that belong to those you know. Let's start things simple shall we? Recollection: Killer Doll."

Side Question: What happens to the recollection cards we've already used? Are they one-use consumables? Or do they just have a cooldown timer?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:51:05 PM by Hanzo K. »
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #937 on: April 20, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
>Take to the air!
(When she's reached our altitude)>"Just so you know, you will be facing copies of the spellcards that belong to those you know. Let's start things simple shall we? Recollection: Killer Doll."
>Koakuma flies up with you.
>She nods, "I'm ready!"

>Killer Doll activates.
>A wide spread of blue knives fans out, with a flower-esque wave of red knives following afterwards. Then, they freeze.
>Some turn into green knives.
>Then, they begin to carry on in their path with the green knives flying off at odd angles.

>Koakuma dodges it quite well. Maybe she's been against it before?

Side Question: What happens to the recollection cards we've already used? Are they one-use consumables? Or do they just have a cooldown timer?
>Spellcards are one-use consumables. The energy that they release is strong and completely disintegrates them.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #938 on: April 20, 2012, 07:41:46 PM »
Ah, but since we've copied them already, it'd be easy to re-craft them right? It'd just take time.

>May as well hold out until timeout! "You're holding up quite well."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #939 on: April 20, 2012, 07:51:38 PM »
Ah, but since we've copied them already, it'd be easy to re-craft them right? It'd just take time.
>May as well hold out until timeout! "You're holding up quite well."
That's definitely right.

>You continue the spellcard.
>Koakuma continues to dodge it with surprisingly good expertise.

>Killer Doll times out.

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
  • ...is in that post up there?
    • RP Blog for Kaenbyou Rin
« Reply #940 on: April 20, 2012, 07:52:33 PM »
Let's try a spellcard from her master this time. Oh, and see if we can get any spellcards from her as well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #941 on: April 20, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »
>Shift back to our normal stance and voice. "And from the Head Maid, to the Iron Gate."
>Shift to Hong's stance and voice. "This will be a good fight. Recollection: Selaginella 9!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #942 on: April 20, 2012, 07:54:11 PM »
Eh, that works too. Still try for spellcards though.

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #943 on: April 20, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »
Let's try a spellcard from her master this time. Oh, and see if we can get any spellcards from her as well.
>You try getting some of Patchouli's spellcards from Koakuma.
>You receive:
-Agni Radiance
-Bury In Lake
>Shift back to our normal stance and voice. "And from the Head Maid, to the Iron Gate."
>Shift to Hong's stance and voice. "This will be a good fight. Recollection: Selaginella 9!"
>Koakuma winces a bit. She doesn't know this spellcard.

>Selaginella 9 activates.
>Red and yellow shard bullets fan out almost like a dense danmaku flower.

>Koakuma frantically tries to dodge the bullets, but struggles only vaguely.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #944 on: April 20, 2012, 08:06:04 PM »
>Do a few Tai Chi motions as we hold the card to timeout.
>"Focus, gather and center yourself, and the key will be revealed."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #945 on: April 20, 2012, 08:08:21 PM »
>Do a few Tai Chi motions as we hold the card to timeout.
>"Focus, gather and center yourself, and the key will be revealed."
>Koakuma almost shudders, "That is just creepy! No offense!"
>She continues to dodge rather haphazardly.

>After a while, Selaginella 9 times out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #946 on: April 20, 2012, 08:14:33 PM »
>Shift back to our normal self. "Well, I was simply giving you a hint to that card. You see, if you focus on the shots as they come, and move carefully, you'll find the way. There are quite a few spellcards like that out there in the world."
>Shift to Patchy's voice and stance. "And now for this part of the experiment. Recollection: Agni Shine."
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #947 on: April 20, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »
>Shift back to our normal self. "Well, I was simply giving you a hint to that card. You see, if you focus on the shots as they come, and move carefully, you'll find the way. There are quite a few spellcards like that out there in the world."
>Shift to Patchy's voice and stance. "And now for this part of the experiment. Recollection: Agni Shine."
>Koakuma nods, "Oh... I guess I didn't register that in my mind as a hint..."

>Agni Shine activates.
>Spirals of fire-bullets fly in a large expanding circle around you, slowly dispersing as they fly out.
>Koakuma quickly finds paths through each wave. She definitely knows this card well.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #948 on: April 20, 2012, 08:24:17 PM »
>Smile faintly. "Well, you're doing rather well, Koa. This part of the experiment is performing better than I expected."
>Hold it until timeout.
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #949 on: April 20, 2012, 08:25:51 PM »
>Smile faintly. "Well, you're doing rather well, Koa. This part of the experiment is performing better than I expected."
>Hold it until timeout.
>Koakuma grin, "Well, Lady Patchouli asked me to try it out when she first attempted to make it. Like she does with a lot of her spellcards, actually."

>Agni Shine times out.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #950 on: April 20, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
>And back to normal again! "That would explain why the word experiment kept cropping up."
>Smirk. "And from the Magician, to the Night-ruler."
>Shift to Remilia's stance and voice! "Let's see how you handle this!"
>Boost close, then smirk in a characteristically Remilia way. "Recollection: Red, The Nightless Castle!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #951 on: April 20, 2012, 08:46:24 PM »
>And back to normal again! "That would explain why the word experiment kept cropping up."
>Smirk. "And from the Magician, to the Night-ruler."
>Shift to Remilia's stance and voice! "Let's see how you handle this!"
>Koakuma nods, "Exactly... that seems to be Lady Patchouli's favourite word sometimes."
>Boost close, then smirk in a characteristically Remilia way. "Recollection: Red, The Nightless Castle!"
>Koakuma's face drops.

>Red, the Nightless Castle activates.
>Koakuma is blasted by the large scarlet energy pillar.

>After several seconds, Red, The Nightless Castle times out, and Koakuma spins the air, dazed.
>She stays in the air, but is a little fatigued.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #952 on: April 20, 2012, 08:52:53 PM »
>Shift back to normal!(Again) "I suppose you weren't expecting that were you? To be fair, I nearly got tripped up by that one when Remilia used it during our battle. I actually had to cancel the card I was using to avoid taking too much damage."
>Giggle in that same way Flan does, and copy her voice and pose, complete with cheerfully unhinged expression. "But I guess this means that playtime's over huh~?"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #953 on: April 20, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
>Shift back to normal!(Again) "I suppose you weren't expecting that were you? To be fair, I nearly got tripped up by that one when Remilia used it during our battle. I actually had to cancel the card I was using to avoid taking too much damage."
>Koakuma nods, "The Mistress often uses it as a last-ditch thing. Not many people dodge it properly."
>Giggle in that same way Flan does, and copy her voice and pose, complete with cheerfully unhinged expression. "But I guess this means that playtime's over huh~?"
>Koakuma yelps quietly, "Oh, dear... you've replicated the little sister almost perfectly... that is pretty scary..."

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #954 on: April 20, 2012, 09:03:12 PM »
>Twirl, while giggling. "That's not all I've copied, so get ready to have some fun~! Recollection: Four Of A Kind!"
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

IdiotsOpposite

• What the hell...
« Reply #955 on: April 20, 2012, 09:04:13 PM »
(Four Satoris? Epic.)

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #956 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:58 PM »
>Twirl, while giggling. "That's not all I've copied, so get ready to have some fun~! Recollection: Four Of A Kind!"
>Koakuma yelps, "Oh, no..."

>Four Of A Kind activates.

>You split into four of yourself.
>Each of you start to fire a circle or two of red shard bullets.
>Before long, you start to shoot yellow, green and blue waves of large bullets along with them.

>Koakuma, who has never seen this spellcard before, is obviously having trouble.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #957 on: April 20, 2012, 09:51:27 PM »
Satori Prime> "Do you think-"
Satori MK-II> "That you will-
Satori #3> "Be able to-
Satori Quad> "Hold out~?"

>Let's keep it going until timeout!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Nekomata-chan

« Reply #958 on: April 20, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »
Satori Prime> "Do you think-"
Satori MK-II> "That you will-
Satori #3> "Be able to-
Satori Quad> "Hold out~?"
>Let's keep it going until timeout!
>Koakuma yelps, but she takes your earlier advice and focuses on possible gaps in the bullet pattern.
>Then, she actually manages to keep her cool whilst dodging it.

>Four of a Kind times out, and you become just one Satori again.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #959 on: April 20, 2012, 10:28:17 PM »
>Shift back to normal, float over, and administer headpats with a proud smile. "You did good. In fact, you pass."
>Let's land!
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!