Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( Down for the season )  (Read 236989 times)

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server ( 1.0 Update! )
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2012, 01:52:56 AM »
I thought sticking to 1.0 was obvious I was just telling everyone that an update was incoming.
2lazy2createbettersig

« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2012, 04:16:16 AM »
Depending if computer parts come in the  mail next week i should have a working computer. strafe you still have the melon house, obsidian generator, and my storage right?

« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2012, 04:56:22 AM »
Depending if computer parts come in the  mail next week i should have a working computer. strafe you still have the melon house, obsidian generator, and my storage right?
Yessir! Saved, uploaded, and ready to go whenever you like.

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2012, 05:14:44 PM »
HOLY POTATOES
Quote from: legit1.1changes
- Bow Enchantments
- Golden Apple recipe
- New language translations.
- Slightly smoothed color transitions between biomes
- Reduced brewing time to 20 seconds
- Added spawn eggs to creative (the colors of the eggs even look like the mobs)
- Added world type options (currently only super-flat and default)
- Removed collision box from ladders
- Sheep eat grass and regain their wool

Quote from: legit1.1changes
- Bow Enchantments
Jeb ilu
Edit: Okay now that I actually read the changes Im liking the golden apple nerf it gives a nice use for those gold nuggets.
And the bow enchants suddenly made the bow super op but my favorite one would have to be:
Infinity-Does not consume arrows (only if you already have an arrow on your inventory)
I'm liking the changes so far and I'm really looking forward to the future.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:18:50 PM by ShadyK »
2lazy2createbettersig

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2012, 05:22:57 PM »
Ooh, the bow enchants look nice. Better hurry and get the ultimate bow once we update :V
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2012, 06:21:30 PM »
Looks like I need to enchant a companion to my sword now. :V

FIRE ARROWS ARE ALL I EVER ASKED FOR
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2012, 06:47:25 PM »
Okay so I asked Provision Host about it and it turns out we have a 25 GB limit lol

The customer service dude thinks I confused our HDD limit with our RAM but I am 100% positive when we first subscribed it was an extra dollar a month per GB of HDD space (I got 2 because I figured that would be all we would need)

I guess that's not the case anymore since they moved their servers a while back! Well whatever I'm not gonna complain :V

Biosphere will go up in probably 2 weeks once everything's updated for 1.1, I'll do it all in one go.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »
That's quite fortunate! ^^

And of course, GET HYPE! Fire arrows. Aw yes. >:D
Bad command or file name

Shady_Ghost

• #totes
  • #legit
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »
oh no big deal 25 is only a 1250% difference from 2 that's all  :D But wow that's pretty big.  Do you plan on doing anything else with all that extra space? should increase the size of the border IIRC you said something about fairies :V Not that I expect this in the next update but I'm curious since you brought it up once.  Also the terrain was changed ever so slightly so looks we need to start all over again  :trollface: Ok not really the only stuff that was changed was this: "small forests on plains biomes, beaches are back, etc. The taiga biomes (pine tree forests) have snow back in them."
2lazy2createbettersig

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2012, 07:57:06 PM »
What the fuck.

The bow is now INSTAGIB against most mobs with Power V. (according to the wiki)

Do want. Brb farming experience in single player.
EDIT: definitely check out the pirate English language pack, too!
EDIT 2: oh, and since ladders have no collision blocks now, I guess that makes trapdoors almost entirely useless.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 08:09:40 PM by Floccinaucinihilipilification »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #400 on: January 12, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »
It does mean the world generation code is different so if we generate new chunks after the update (or use //regen) we will get hard edges on the map. I'd prefer not to do that :V

It also means that it makes sense to keep the borders where they are on the current worlds. We're not even close to running out of space, really.

However, having this much HDD space and a world with defined borders DOES mean we never have to axe the map and start over again. The current world1 can always stay, and we can generate new worlds to account for new terrain.

I AM somewhat interested in putting in some mods, but the issue here is Spout. For the uninformed, Spout's purpose is to allow players to download mods from servers and was recently made compatible with Bukkit. The problem is it is horribly unstable and breaks after every update, the last update we did, the server would not work at all as long as Spout was there so I had to remove it. I've heard similar things from other people running servers as well. So basically I'm willing to look at mods using Spout, but it needs to become more stable first. Something to look into for the future I suppose.

I am planning an update to start using Multiverse's portals feature. If you'll recall, my original idea for the two worlds thing was that it'd be sort of like LttP Light/Dark Worlds, with portals in one world leading to the same exact position in the other world. But, nobody's really using World 2 yet so there's been no point so far. If you want to start some new projects but don't want to be far from your base or the town, try building it near the same spot in World 2 and we'll see about getting a portal put in!

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #401 on: January 12, 2012, 08:15:04 PM »
However, having this much HDD space and a world with defined borders DOES mean we never have to axe the map and start over again. The current world1 can always stay, and we can generate new worlds to account for new terrain.
Hm, good to know. So I guess we are implicitly advised to render every chunk on W1 within the border and visible vicinity? :V

I AM somewhat interested in putting in some mods, but the issue here is Spout....
Ouch. Chances are we'd also have to use the SpoutCraft launcher instead of the normal MC one to take full advantage of the mods too.

I am planning an update to start using Multiverse's portals feature. If you'll recall, my original idea for the two worlds thing was that it'd be sort of like LttP Light/Dark Worlds, with portals in one world leading to the same exact position in the other world. But, nobody's really using World 2 yet so there's been no point so far. If you want to start some new projects but don't want to be far from your base or the town, try building it near the same spot in World 2 and we'll see about getting a portal put in!
Interesting.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #402 on: January 12, 2012, 08:33:22 PM »
Ouch. Chances are we'd also have to use the SpoutCraft launcher instead of the normal MC one to take full advantage of the mods too.
Yes this is correct. But that would be the only thing people would need to use. I'm against requiring people to repeatedly modify their Minecraft just to log onto the server, so a centralized solution like Spout, which allows us to handle all the modding on our end, would be good.

« Reply #403 on: January 12, 2012, 09:06:51 PM »
Hm, good to know. So I guess we are implicitly advised to render every chunk on W1 within the border and visible vicinity?

I did most the work while looking for a tundra. \o/

« Reply #404 on: January 12, 2012, 11:51:09 PM »
Wow. So, it was 25GB after all. EVERYONE GETS THEIR OWN WORLD! :V (kidding kidding. That would be abysmal for the system performance)

I am liking the light/dark world idea, though. I had planned on building stuff in World 2 once my Wily Fortress is complete. (which might be a while :V) I've mainly stuck to building in World 1, due to it having proper links to the Nether and the End. The most I've done on World 2 is dig the Trans-Continental Chennel, border to border. I might test out this new portal function and establish a secondary base around my area.  :3

Does this mean that you'll be building a second Castlevania for World 2? :V

I do like keeping the borders, since as Stuffman said, we have tons of space available. Since W1 is 70% ocean, I wouldn't be against using WorldEdit to make more landforms if need be. Hell, if we do end up expanding the border, the rough edges could be smoothed out. Yeah, it will still look off, but at least it won't be such a hard cutoff. The only thing that the new generation code (DAMMIT, JEB) will really change is the //regen function, since our generation seeds will now produce something totally different.

Bow Enchantment looks mighty sweet. Adding Fire Aspect to a bow is one of those things that MUST be done. Now, if only shears could get an enchant that increases its durability..

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #405 on: January 13, 2012, 12:53:10 AM »
Wow. So, it was 25GB after all. EVERYONE GETS THEIR OWN WORLD! :V
:getdow-
(kidding kidding.)
I hate you.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2012, 04:28:22 AM »
Does this mean that you'll be building a second Castlevania for World 2? :V
Can you turn schematics upside down? I need to check if I can turn it into the Inverted Castle and still be traversable :V

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2012, 05:31:58 AM »
Ooh, upside-down schematics! I like.

...though it'd be funny to use those on structures with stairs, half-blocks, etc. Things that don't work as well reversed, in other words. :V
Bad command or file name

« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2012, 06:05:59 AM »
Can you turn schematics upside down? I need to check if I can turn it into the Inverted Castle and still be traversable :V
Indeed I can. :V  But EP makes a good point about stairs and half-blocks

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2012, 09:36:25 AM »
Through looking at the new update, looks like spawning eggs can create stuff other than mobs. Unused mobs are snow golems, giants, enderdragon, and spider jockey, though that can be fixed with /give. :V

BUT, the eggs can spawn other things as well with /give.
Quote from: Minecraft Wiki
Spawn Eggs of normally unavailable entities can be obtained by using the SMP Command /give. When using this method, the damage value of the egg spawned pertains to the Entity ID of the entity it makes. Not only does this allow the player to spawn unavailable mobs such as Giants, it allows them to spawn Minecarts and even Primed TNT.
Oh boy, I can see where this is going to go. (probably in the End at some time because we just regenerate it anyway :derp:)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2012, 01:27:16 PM »
Through looking at the new update, looks like spawning eggs can create stuff other than mobs. Unused mobs are snow golems, giants, enderdragon, and spider jockey, though that can be fixed with /give. :V

BUT, the eggs can spawn other things as well with /give.Oh boy, I can see where this is going to go. (probably in the End at some time because we just regenerate it anyway :derp:)
[voice of Emmet from Full Throttle] "Not gonna happen".

Geez, Jeb. Are you trying to encourage griefing on SMP now? Spawning creepers and ghasts was one thing, but the Dragon and primed TNT is just.... no fuckin' way.

« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2012, 06:21:10 AM »
Noticing the servers having some lag issues lately.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #412 on: January 14, 2012, 06:32:51 AM »
Been a while since we had a restart. I'll do it tomorrow morning when nobody's on.

« Reply #413 on: January 14, 2012, 09:26:13 AM »
Done and done. Took care of it, myself. Nobody was on when I got home, so why not. :V

Last time I restarted the server was the 10th, but this time I went ahead with a full reboot. Can't remember when the last one of those was..

Kinzo the Astro Curious

• One small step for Desu; One giant leap for touhou-kind!
« Reply #414 on: January 14, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »
>other touhou server we heard of is running creative

>Ability to spawn TNT and creepers

... lol, glad we aren't running in creative. Though would be useful for traps I suppose. Infact you could surely stick mob eggs inside a dispenser, and pop the buggers out at an insane rate.

EDIT : Wool spawner Mark II anyone? That or XP farm I patent pending

« Reply #415 on: January 16, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »
I still hope that someone finds a way to do that "food meter flying" thing (serverside) without creative mode

and yeah, It would have been much easier to build my underground cave in creative mode.

Unlimited TNT works xD

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #416 on: January 16, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »
I still hope that someone finds a way to do that "food meter flying" thing (serverside) without creative mode
All we'd need is a source code version of any existing fly mod by which one of us (likely one with Java experience) can modify and then release for use (and maybe SpoutCraft launcher for everyone, but that is trivial to install; however, those who rely on client-side mods not based on Bukkit, such as Rei's Minimap, TMI, and even Optifine will have trouble). From what I've seen hunger is managed in the Player class.

Speaking of Bukkit I would've recommended SilkierTouch but won't for two reasons - first, some grievances about ice being in the Nether back in B1.9pres, and second, the 5+ baconators on DDR's server that came as a result of a spawner-mining plugin he had (fortunately now we can stack those porkchops :V).

Courier, however, does look interesting. Sure we have /mail, but I like how it seems to use the MC maps (which we don't use thanks to dynmap :V) for delivery. Plus the possibility of being able to send items too sounds cool once that's implemented.

If I had a few more:
 - CraftProxy (bandwidth reduction by chunk caching on both server and client)
 - BioMed (biome adjustment...yeah that may not go too far :V)
 - EnderCrystalizer (spawn End Crystals - useful since we reset End manually)
 - TreasureHunt (random chests spawn and despawn around the map. Brings more reasons to explore)
 - DCReason (Distinguishes between disconnects by user or by crashing. Also IRC-style custom login/logout)
 - WeatherRestrictions (hey weather isn't a boolean anymore XD. It could use less rain I say)
 - CHDistantFarm (handy for Nether Wart and those of us in far-away areas)

BTW, which plugin are we using for death notifications, again? Last time I heard it was DeathNotifier, but now we seem to be using ServerEvents or the sort. Correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 05:17:27 PM by LOLSQUID 짬뽕 스페셜 »
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #417 on: January 16, 2012, 11:11:45 PM »
SilkierTouch: Moving spawners has dangerous implications
Courier: Nah, not practical enough
CraftProxy: Sounds interesting but calls for players to install and configure stuff which is a no.
BioMed: Nah, since it doesn't do anything but control weather and spawns related to biomes.
EnderCrystallizer: Might be cool, needs more development first. Crystals are too volatile.
TreasureHunt: Intriguing. Sounds like it needs more optimization based on a lot of the reports.
DCReason: Nah
WeatherRestrictions: Sounds good. I know how much you guys love those 40-day floods :V
CHDistantFarm: Now this one is appealing, the functionality behind it appears quite sound as well. I'll look into applying this on our next update.

We are using ServerEvents for death messages.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #418 on: January 17, 2012, 03:30:45 PM »
Serious stuff here:

Amid Stuffman's and Strafe's requests to move all donation chests into a centralized building, I'm making plans to extend that community centre of mine to accomodate this over the next few days.
Also, ATM I'm working on some custom death messages for use with ServerEvents  - they can get integrated by appending the parts between <death_enabled=true> and </death>. Sadly, there is nothing for specific items, void, or wolves.

Adventures in absurdity go again! We'll backtrack a few days to start with:

Hey, at least it's a recolour.

Oh no, the Komachi sleeping party begins.

Now it becomes Left 4 Death.

How the.....

Eirin practices Dhalsim-style yoga?

All aboard the Mini-AFK Express!

If you need any proof of the mobs being able to spawn behind the wool centre, here. (Mobs spawn in light level 7 and below - use minimum levels here as the 'current' value is borked on non-roofed areas

First action on the anti-crack abuse campaign!

My tower seems to have a new use as a retirement home.

----

Now we forward to yesterday's events.

Sleeping near the AFK express works except the bed gets violently disrupted if someone's riding a cart passing by.

This works better, somewhat.

As does this.

I then opt to make floating bunk beds above the rail. It works! ...except....

...if you are in the bottom, another is on top, and you decide to get out, well, you clip right through the bed and the person above. The latter also will seem to get pushed off from his view, but others see him still on the bed.

Same for Strafe.

Of course, this also resulted in some...peculiar (and possibly questionable) scenes, which as a safety precaution I'll just post links without thumbnails to. First-person view, This is more disturbing once I realized what BSoD had on.

Flaming cart! Strafe smited Sunny and ended up inadvertently igniting it. Subsequent attempts to light more failed.

Strafe: 'FOR-WARD GLORIOUS CART!'

Then we headed northward, near puremrz's whale for some diving, and later Sunny got the idea to make a giant dirt/ladder pillar to jump off of, and then land at a certain square of water. A few pranks on that device and then she ragequit, welp, :V

I ended up shooting a FRAPS video of what we did (albeit I started late); I'll have that up later.
Bad command or file name

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #419 on: January 17, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
Good morning EP!
[attach=1]

Dat clone! (real EP is on the left)
[attach=2]

Strafe decided to sleep, then teleport to our locations. lol
[attach=3]

:getdown:
[attach=4]

Now he's floating.
[attach=5]

He left the game at this point, well, mostly. :V
[attach=6]

lol Shady
[attach=7]

Ooh, a portal CUBE.
[attach=8]

This is noteworthy.
[attach=9]
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>