Author Topic: Generic F11 Mafia - Game Over  (Read 36225 times)

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
Re: Generic F11 Mafia - Game Over
« Reply #480 on: November 28, 2011, 02:19:52 AM »
I am glad I decided not to join. Srsly you guys what happened here.

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #481 on: November 28, 2011, 02:22:52 AM »
I said 305 because I was getting frustrated. I wouldn't normally say it.

And about the No-lynching vs Lynching. I seriously doubt that most of us would have been motivated enough to post in D3, and there weren't many posts anyway. It was much better to either have the game end there with a town lynch, or get a scum lynch.
I assure you I would have made many posts. So would Serela. I assume Dormio would have died because he was the townest. So the only one who would have been unmotivated is you? It is never better to just get the game overwith instead of trying with all of your might.

At least this is what I kept telling myself every time I considered self-hammering.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #482 on: November 28, 2011, 03:22:51 AM »
I think the amount of frustration within the game was enough to warrant an ending like that. Even huhwhat was tempted to end the game prematurely.

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #483 on: November 28, 2011, 03:48:59 AM »
Um no.  That is NEVER a reason to not play to your win condition as best you can.  There is NEVER a reason not to play to your win condition as best you can.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

Bardiche

« Reply #484 on: November 28, 2011, 03:52:11 AM »
There is NEVER a reason not to play to your win condition as best you can.

What if you're a chronic dick who hates himself?

Kitten4u

• Ochophobic
  • Too cute to kill
« Reply #485 on: November 28, 2011, 03:57:04 AM »
What if you're a chronic dick who hates himself?
Then at least have the decency to night sign up instead of ruining the game for everyone else.
My favorite mythical creature? The honest politician.
A life cool.. where can I download one of those?
Hurray for apathy!

DA|Tumblr

J.O.B

« Reply #486 on: November 28, 2011, 04:20:29 AM »
I was still playing towards my win condition. I thought Shadoweh was scum.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #487 on: November 28, 2011, 04:26:51 AM »
O you Shadoweh!  Ok, you have the right to feel no shame! I was scum!  It was just. so hard to keep up. 

The thing is that I honestly tried to play like obvtown this game (at least D1).  So it's scary when you accuse me when town!me would think he is doing a good job of being Obvtown.  Scum!me didn't pressure Conq to explain what he thought of Zak since he didn't do it when he could of and I wasn't about to ask in thread why :).  Scum!me tried to give out a bold vote to look like a strong townie reaction.  Scum!me quick hammered and was about to gloat before realizing that a Doc was in play (even though this was obvious to me earlier).  Scum!me never explained the town read of Conq beyond what town!me would have said Day1 (notice NOTHING from me day2 on Conq and notice NOTHING on me by Conq).  That's also why if you can, town reads should be explained in detail.  Also I may or may not try hard next time I play.  I don't wish to make my meta too telling anymore because to overcome that I have to try 10x as hard as scum or get outed immediately (others like Schezo/Px/Job/Serela can get off prety ez in comparison, more so than Zak/me/Shadoweh/Dormio, and somehow Conq is never noticed anyway until too late :V)

Btw, Dormio's cases and play were quite nice.  The case on Zak was not too bad and the case on Shadoweh on D2 I could understand fully.

Best Play award would have to go to Dormio.  MVP is Shadoweh. 

As much as some people hated this game for various reasons, I enjoyed it.  It is also my first win (1/3) as mafia. (And I like the Scumbag tag)

J.O.B

« Reply #488 on: November 28, 2011, 04:29:44 AM »
Any particular reason for posting in an anon account?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #489 on: November 28, 2011, 04:30:59 AM »
Best Play award would have to go to Dormio.
Because I am clearly the best doctor. :fail:

J.O.B

« Reply #490 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:02 AM »
You are the best pseudo cop :V

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #491 on: November 28, 2011, 04:33:37 AM »
Any particular reason for posting in an anon account?

I changed computers since I just got back from my chess tourny (3.5/6)

Didn't realize I was logged in as Alpha60.

It would have been better if it was from Gumshoe :V

Don't lynch me.

J.O.B

« Reply #492 on: November 28, 2011, 04:34:26 AM »
 :V

ActionDan

• Teaching old dogs new tricks
« Reply #493 on: November 28, 2011, 04:37:21 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it.  Job have you read over past games before you became a reg. player?  They're a pretty good read if you want to use meta effectively and just for different perspectives etc.  I read or skimmed most of them now.

Don't lynch me.

Bardiche

« Reply #494 on: November 28, 2011, 05:08:33 AM »
Games are always more enjoyable when you win ActionDan. Town was fffffffffffffffffffffffff. Tip for Dormio and Shadoweh: don't dissect each other's posts and respond to each tidbit. It's better to just give general comments than dissect each and every sentence because nitpicking isn't conducive to friendly relations, flabbergastingly.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #495 on: November 28, 2011, 05:10:20 AM »
It's not like there was anything else to do. :V
Whilst you jerks were celebrating Thanksgiving, I was making walls of text with Shadoweh.

Shadoweh

« Reply #496 on: November 28, 2011, 05:13:06 AM »
Games are always more enjoyable when you win ActionDan. Town was fffffffffffffffffffffffff. Tip for Dormio and Shadoweh: don't dissect each other's posts and respond to each tidbit. It's better to just give general comments than dissect each and every sentence because nitpicking isn't conducive to friendly relations, flabbergastingly.
It was conductive! It made me realize I was being stupid and Dormio was town so we should stop that.
Now if only Dormio could return the favor ;_;

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

J.O.B

« Reply #497 on: November 28, 2011, 05:14:24 AM »
I don't normally rely on meta when it comes to making cases. The only reason I used it with Shadoweh was because she got Town MVP in her first game.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #498 on: November 28, 2011, 05:15:01 AM »
It was conductive! It made me realize I was being stupid and Dormio was town so we should stop that.
Now if only Dormio could return the favor ;_;
This is why we should hydra.
NOW IF ONLY A SETUP WOULD LET US DO SO.

J.O.B

« Reply #499 on: November 28, 2011, 05:16:10 AM »
Schezo's setup allows hydras. According to him.

Schezo

• en-counse
« Reply #500 on: November 28, 2011, 05:23:21 AM »
*Hack wheeze snort*
Did I say all hydras?  I meant just the mentor ones. >.>

J.O.B

« Reply #501 on: November 28, 2011, 05:27:21 AM »
Oh yeah :derp:

Shadoweh

« Reply #502 on: November 28, 2011, 05:28:07 AM »
I don't normally rely on meta when it comes to making cases. The only reason I used it with Shadoweh was because she got Town MVP in her first game.
The meta you used was 'You can do better then this'. That's not how meta works.
Besides, the only person who was doing better then me was NeoSerela. :P

« Reply #503 on: November 28, 2011, 07:01:04 AM »
For about three days in a row, I've had a post reply box open with the phrase "I'm sorry for disappearing suddenly, I don't really have an excuse." But I could never get a single word past that. I never posted because, well, in a game of mafia, that's never really a post. When I got the prod, I sat myself down and set myself up to read through the entire game, which was only seven pages long I told myself... and then slept. for 7 hours. In the morning, after sleeping for 8 hours. I had slept on the day of my modkill for 16 hours including the break in between where I had breakfast.

My shame is so great. I was going to just post afterwards and pull my game out of the mod queue entirely, except I was too afraid to show my face. I'm still a little scared of just posting an apology, but I realize I need to at least say something, and this is all I can say.

J.O.B

« Reply #504 on: November 28, 2011, 07:25:47 AM »
After you get a prod it's good to just make a post saying "I'm here."
I'm sure most of us would have accepted a post like that if it meant that you were still involved in the game.

Shadoweh

« Reply #505 on: November 28, 2011, 07:47:35 AM »
>:<

What on earth made you think posting nothing was better? You don't have to make huge, game-solving posts, you just have to get involved.  Why on earth would you be scared to post in front of us all, we're all mafia playing townie friends! Except for those two scumbags. You need some lessons in spam posting a quicker style of play. It's not a very good apology if you're basically saying you made no effort and never will.

« Reply #506 on: November 28, 2011, 08:31:25 AM »
I'm fairly certain it stems from having low-self esteem. Objectively, yeah, I should have just mashed the post button, even though It was literally adding nothing to scumhunting, and probably would have detracted from it, causing everyone to yell at me, and probably vote me when I know I'm town, and I still kind of thought Shadoweh was scum, but didn't want to push her anymore because I literally haven't gotten anything new, and I wanted to look Dan and Conq over which, in turn would mean she might have been right, and also not scum since they might have been scum, but I still needed to read the game before even commenting on any of this and-

Oh god, why do I hate myself so much? :ohdear:

Bardiche

« Reply #507 on: November 28, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »
I think what you mean is, "I don't like playing Mafia".

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #508 on: November 28, 2011, 08:34:17 AM »
I'd still join your game Zak. :V

You gotta post though man.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #509 on: November 28, 2011, 08:35:08 AM »
Doesn't everyone here hate mafia?