Author Topic: Return to the Barren Path  (Read 78601 times)

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
Re: Return to the Barren Path
« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2009, 02:02:09 AM »
YAY! Go Grue!

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #391 on: July 24, 2009, 02:14:17 AM »
Stab? Wut?

> "Then it's a deal. I'm glad we managed to reach a fair agreement. And I'm always open to fair re-negotiations, as long as you can offer me something I feel is fair. It'll be difficult though as I wish to assure that everyone here can enjoy this mansion together. Oh, and thank you for your trust."

> Acquire the deed and any other proof of ownership. Put the agreement on paper as agreed.

And....we now own the SDM, people.

> And if Remi asks, tell her you'll be the master of the mansion and 'help' her hang onto the deed for her, just in case...she gets itchy for the dice again, no offense. Tell her you're just concerned for her, Sakuya, Patchy and Flandre.

(Considering her honour, she'd probably go along with that.)

YAY! Go Grue!

Well, you gave us the trading chip we needed to make this possible, so high-five!

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #392 on: July 24, 2009, 02:16:07 AM »
Well, you gave us the trading chip we needed to make this possible, so high-five!

Someone would have figured it out. I got to it first.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #393 on: July 24, 2009, 03:02:54 AM »
> TURN ON PARTY NOTIFICATION (just so we know when people enter/leave the party)

> Assess our new asset, the mansion. What do we have here?

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #394 on: July 24, 2009, 07:04:06 AM »
> Why yo gots ta be like dat?

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #395 on: July 24, 2009, 09:22:46 AM »
Grue, you've offically topped my contribution to our journey.

Of course, you may have also lost it. Remember Flan's terms of coming along?

Hence, if she asks for that Cap now, we ought to hand it to her and get out of the room (and not because of Flan, oh no).
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2009, 10:15:56 AM »
> "Then it's a deal. I'm glad we managed to reach a fair agreement. And I'm always open to fair re-negotiations, as long as you can offer me something I feel is fair. It'll be difficult though as I wish to assure that everyone here can enjoy this mansion together. Oh, and thank you for your trust."

> Acquire the deed and any other proof of ownership. Put the agreement on paper as agreed.

> And if Remi asks, tell her you'll be the master of the mansion and 'help' her hang onto the deed for her, just in case...she gets itchy for the dice again, no offense. Tell her you're just concerned for her, Sakuya, Patchy and Flandre.

>Parsee waves all that off. "Hey, do me a favor?" she asks. "Since you said you'd pitch in, could you go bring over Nitori so we can get things rolling?"
>"Actually, she's already here," says Yugi. "Left her with Patchouli."
>"Oh joy!" Parsee bustles out of the room after fishing the deed to Scarlet Devil Manor from a drawer and handing it to you. "Just write things up, I'll sign later."
>Remilia is not there to inform at the moment, but you consider the excuse.

> TURN ON PARTY NOTIFICATION (just so we know when people enter/leave the party)

> Assess our new asset, the mansion. What do we have here?

>Party Notification is on by default.
>According to the deed, you now own Scarlet Devil Manor, and the lands around it. As well, you have at least two other people who think they are the real owners hanging about and would probably take exception to you doing something stupid with it. You wonder if Gensokyo has a property tax?

> Why yo gots ta be like dat?

>The because of the unavoidable consequences of history.

>_

Herasy

« Reply #397 on: July 24, 2009, 10:36:05 AM »
Yay, mansion get!

>Run ahead of Parsee with ninja speed and inform Remilia of the current situation. Unless of course Nitori really is down there with Patchouli, then we either want to hope like hell she doesn't remember us or run the other direction.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #398 on: July 24, 2009, 10:46:28 AM »
>Run ahead of Parsee with ninja speed and inform Remilia of the current situation. Unless of course Nitori really is down there with Patchouli, then we either want to hope like hell she doesn't remember us or run the other direction.

>You dash dash dash down the stairs, past Parsee and Yugi, and back into the library. There you find Remilia and Koakuma loading Patchouli onto the book cart; there is a distinct lack of an actual Nitori about. You quickly explain the situation to Remilia. "What," is her only reply. After a moment of awkward silence, she adds, "When the hell did my mansion become the town bicycle? And you shut up about dice, I'll gamble my things whenever I damn well feel like it!"

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #399 on: July 24, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »
> Get Remilia out of there. Have Patchouli help you. Either that, or hide her somewhere out of sight. Tell her that if she is somehow found, she must do her best to pass herself off as a kappa. We simply cannot allow those two to suspect foul play, even if there isn't any.

(We'll settle the ownership issues with Remi later. Though we already have the deed, it'd be preferable to keep things sweet with Parsee and Yuugi for the time being.)

M. Burusu

• ... What is that?
  • Who knows.
« Reply #400 on: July 24, 2009, 11:25:50 AM »
>If by some freak chance we are found out, point out to Parsee and Yuugi that while it was a bit of trickery, it still ended up tipping the scales in their favor and thus is overlookable -- and besides, if the two of them work together versus against one another, they'd achieve their goals faster -- Remilia wanting her mansion to be in her control, and Parsee to have that machine built for whatever purpose she has.

(In short: if hiding fails, use Aesopbabble to save our collective arse.)
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN1-BN3 = Odd Idea
IceStage * + Aqua Navi, BN4-BN6 = Bad Idea

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #401 on: July 24, 2009, 11:32:24 AM »
> Get Remilia out of there. Have Patchouli help you. Either that, or hide her somewhere out of sight. Tell her that if she is somehow found, she must do her best to pass herself off as a kappa. We simply cannot allow those two to suspect foul play, even if there isn't any.

>"I'm going to gut you in your sleep, you know that right?" Remilia grumbles, as she goes to hide among the shelves. Patchouli, having knocked herself out previously, is decidedly unhelpful in this endeavor.
>Yugi and Parsee enter a moment later. "Hey, what was that running past us all about?" says Yugi.
>"Is Nitori downstairs?" Parsee asks, looking around as Koakuma starts to wheel the Patchouli-laden book cart away.

>_

>_

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #402 on: July 24, 2009, 01:01:48 PM »
> Scheherezade Gambit your way out of this one.

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #403 on: July 25, 2009, 07:03:19 AM »
> "Why I hurried down? You reminded me. I just remembered that I couldn't leave Nitori alone for even a second. She has this...rather unhealthy addiction. And I'm not talking about the cucumbers. This makes the cucumbers look tame in comparison. First time I met her, she chewed on 2000 volts of raw electricity and I found her fried, naked, lying beside the road. True story. You can't make shit like this up. Now I'm afraid it's acting up again. *sigh* Don't worry, she must have run off for the nearest electrical transformer or Iku again. I'll find her in two shakes of Mystia's tail and have her back here soon enough."

Herasy

« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2009, 07:29:27 AM »
>Shake Mystia's tail twice

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2009, 09:15:22 AM »
> Scheherezade Gambit your way out of this one.

>That is treason, Johnny.

> "Why I hurried down? You reminded me. I just remembered that I couldn't leave Nitori alone for even a second. She has this...rather unhealthy addiction. And I'm not talking about the cucumbers. This makes the cucumbers look tame in comparison. First time I met her, she chewed on 2000 volts of raw electricity and I found her fried, naked, lying beside the road. True story. You can't make shit like this up. Now I'm afraid it's acting up again. *sigh* Don't worry, she must have run off for the nearest electrical transformer or Iku again. I'll find her in two shakes of Mystia's tail and have her back here soon enough."

>Yugi frowns. "Again?"
>"That girl's got issues," says Parsee with a shake of her head. "We'll be here."

>Shake Mystia's tail twice

>With that dress, you can't actually tell if Mystia has a tail or not. How disturbing.

>_

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2009, 09:27:06 AM »
>Find out if Mystia has a tail using any means possible.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2009, 09:58:17 AM »
>Find out if Mystia has a tail using any means possible.

>Upon reflection, you discover there are probably quite a few ways to figure this out.

>_

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2009, 12:51:53 PM »
>IDKFA
>IDDQD
Yeah, they saved a lot of boredom.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2009, 12:54:25 PM »
>IDKFA
>IDDQD
Yeah, they saved a lot of boredom.

>This ain't no Doom, mutherfucka! This a text adventure! You ain't got no all weapons cheat, you gotta use them brains and get outta shit!
>Were-Hakutaku Bonus Round Unlocked!

>_
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:56:18 PM by Purjew »

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2009, 02:14:04 PM »
>Metool helmet with "GAY" on the side
There was something here once. Wonder what...

Herasy

« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2009, 05:56:57 PM »

>Aschen Kick E-MouseNazrin

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »
>Ask Mystia if she wants to try out one of the bedrooms of our mansion.
>Also, ask Mystia if she has a tail.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #413 on: July 25, 2009, 06:57:01 PM »

>No Rube Chicks

>Aschen Kick E-MouseNazrin

>He faultless evades. Man, I hate that.

>Ask Mystia if she wants to try out one of the bedrooms of our mansion.
>Also, ask Mystia if she has a tail.

>"N-no thank you!" she stammers. Man, looks like she was getting used to evading your attention.
>The second question gets something of a frown from her. "Why would you think that? Of course I don't."

>_

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #414 on: July 25, 2009, 07:14:13 PM »
> Feed E-mouse to a grue. There's the grue. *points*. Either that or feed him to cheese. yes, feed the mouse to the cheese.

(jeez...they're staying here? That makes it difficult...)

> While taking care not to get found out, whisper aside to Kaguya to go tell Remilia to kindly GTFO (perhaps tone this down for her highness) and do so as discreetly as possible. Have her go off under the guise of looking up a book. Meanwhile, distract Parsee and Yuugi with the contract details and possibly an intelligent discussion about the nature of life, the universe and everything. Involve Flandre. Freak out if anyone mentions '42' and tell them it's actually '43'. Tell them you measured it.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2009, 07:40:13 PM »
> Feed E-mouse to a grue. There's the grue. *points*. Either that or feed him to cheese. yes, feed the mouse to the cheese.

> While taking care not to get found out, whisper aside to Kaguya to go tell Remilia to kindly GTFO (perhaps tone this down for her highness) and do so as discreetly as possible. Have her go off under the guise of looking up a book. Meanwhile, distract Parsee and Yuugi with the contract details and possibly an intelligent discussion about the nature of life, the universe and everything. Involve Flandre. Freak out if anyone mentions '42' and tell them it's actually '43'. Tell them you measured it.

>You are unable to move the cheese.
>Kaguya nods and goes to find Remilia, under a guise of hunting for a book.
>"Just find Nitori," says Parsee. "And I guess that you should make sure she's still got her clothes and tools and stuff."
>With little else to elaborate upon, you begin a discussion about Life, the Universe, and Everything. "What?" Says Parsee, but Yugi grins excitedly. "Oh shit, I've just been reading up on this! You know there's this guy from the outside who claims the universe was created by a huge explosion? No shit, either! Seriously, they figured it out by using some kinda magic to pick up on this shit called cosmic background radiation, and they figured out what was it was going; then figured out it it was going somewhere it had to have come from somewhere! Then they looked at the furthest away things they could find, and figured out how far away it was with this funny light trick, and figured out how fast light goes, and they got an idea how long ago that big ole explosion happened. Isn't that fucking wild? But it gets weirder, they say that the universe is expanding! Fucking awesome how they pinned it all down."
>Kaguya reappears and hands you a book. You recieve: The Autobiography of Malcolm X.
>"Hey, be careful not to lose or damage that," Parsee says, before Yugi can start up again.
>You have unlocked: The right to wear The Doctor's Hat. (Not the Demon Crown, the other Doctor.)

>_
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:41:04 PM by Purjew »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2009, 07:44:51 PM »
(Not the Demon Crown, the other Doctor.)
>Ballos

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
« Reply #417 on: July 25, 2009, 07:52:50 PM »

Gappy

• It's only Logical....
« Reply #418 on: July 25, 2009, 08:18:44 PM »
> Thank Kaguya. Hug her, pat her on the head and tell her what a good girl she is. Tell her, "This is what I've always, always wanted, to find out more about...err....Mr. X...?" Snap her a thumbs up with the good-guy grin.

> Turn to Parsee and Yuugi and shout, 'To infinity...AND BEYOND!', and dash off to find Patchy.

> Go see Patchy. Assess her condition. See if there's any way you can wake her up. Offer/threaten to do it Etna style.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #419 on: July 25, 2009, 08:40:38 PM »
> Thank Kaguya. Hug her, pat her on the head and tell her what a good girl she is. Tell her, "This is what I've always, always wanted, to find out more about...err....Mr. X...?" Snap her a thumbs up with the good-guy grin.

> Turn to Parsee and Yuugi and shout, 'To infinity...AND BEYOND!', and dash off to find Patchy.

> Go see Patchy. Assess her condition. See if there's any way you can wake her up. Offer/threaten to do it Etna style.

>You shower affection on Kaguya, which she seems to take at face value (or at least does a good job of acting like it) "You should find it most educational," she says with a smile.
>You make your declaration to Parsee and Yugi, getting a grimace from the former and a chuckle from the latter. Racing out of the library, you find you have no idea where Patchouli is at all. Luckily there is a good indicator when you notice a book cart in front of one of the first floor doors.
>Inviting yourself in with a knock, you see Koakuma tending to Patchouli's head with a sponge. "Oh, it's you," she says. Upon hearing your intentions, she shakes her head. "Please don't. She's gone two days without rest. If you need something, maybe I can tell you?"

>_