Author Topic: Team Fortress 32  (Read 194319 times)

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
Re: Team Fortress 32
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
Still trying to get rid of this bison :V
If you want to get rid of it so badly then give it to me.  :V
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2011, 12:51:31 PM »
If I didn't already have a Genuine I got through a connection, I'd take it.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2011, 01:38:09 PM »
What's the average conversion rate for Crates to Hats as a trading currency?
I wanna get the Scout hat for the Shortstop+Mad Milk set and try that one out, since I'm having so much fun with the Gas Jockey set for Pyro.

Also, if anyone has a Tomislav, I'll love you forever if you trade it to me for something :D
I crafted a Milkman way back when but I'm probably not going to use the set much anymore (lol Soda Popper), so I might consider trading it.  But not for crates, needless to say.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »
I crafted a Milkman way back when but I'm probably not going to use the set much anymore (lol Soda Popper), so I might consider trading it.  But not for crates, needless to say.

Well, I have a Foster's Facade, the Pyro hat that you get for owning Killing Floor. It's viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiintaaaaaaaaage~
Obviously I don't wear it anymore whatwith having the Attendant.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
What's the average conversion rate for Crates to Hats as a trading currency?
Crates are practically worthless, though the crates containing strange items can be worth about a scrap.

Now that you can see crates in terms of metal, see this spreadsheet for a rough idea of what it'll cost you.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Wisp

• Oh?
  • Asuka, asuka, asuka...
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2011, 05:12:53 PM »
This happened to a guy on another forum I go to.

Guy: Hey, do you play Team Fortress 2?
CoD Fan: OH YEAH, ALL THE TIME, I LOVE IT!
Guy: So what's your best class?
CoD Fan: I use the M16.
*poker face*
They think I'll think that they'll do (A) so they'll do (B) because I wouldn't think they'd think of that but then because they might think I know what they're thinking they'll do (A) after all because I wouldn't think they'd think that way.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »
This happened to a guy on another forum I go to.

Guy: Hey, do you play Team Fortress 2?
CoD Fan: OH YEAH, ALL THE TIME, I LOVE IT!
Guy: So what's your best class?
CoD Fan: I use the M16.
*poker face*
:getdown: and *facepalm*
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »
Clearly the M16 is some new unlockable SMG for Snipers that we just don't know about yet. Since it'd clearly be put in to attract CoD players, and we all know how they like to camp and try to get killstreak rewards to get their I Win buttons.

InfernalExuro

• Totally not dead, I swear.
  • I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2011, 10:48:02 PM »
Alright, so I have a bunch of Polycount and Uber weapons building up, yet there's a couple that I still need to get my hands on.

I have...

Amputator x2
Your Eternal Reward x2
Conniver's Kunai
Mad Milk
The Dead Ringer
The Solemn Vow
The Shortstop
The Chargin' Targe
The Back Scratcher
The Blutsauger
The Razorback
Darwin's Danger Shield x2
The Black Box
The Ubersaw
The Brass Beast

And the ones that I need are...

The Reserve Shooter
The Soda Popper
The Cow Mangler 5000
The Righteous Bison
Three-Rune Blade
The Original
The Disciplinary Action
The Persian Persuader
The Shahanshah

Might be willing to go 2:1 for some of them.  :V
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:56:35 AM by InfernalExuro »
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2011, 12:25:04 AM »
Been trying to not be bad at soldier anymore recently. I was wondering what gear setups other people have been using and possibly any tips.
TF2 Server
osu! : omgkitties

theshirn

« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »
My personal setup as Soldier...

I alternate between the default, the Liberty Launcher, and the Direct Hit for my primary.
Usually use the Buff Banner secondary.
Equalizer all the way for melee.

I tend to rely on my rockets for damage, so people up close can be a problem, but I can usually take them out with minimal damage.  The Equalizer is fantastic for quick getaways, and a good Buff Banner can really help a push as either side.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Myschi

• cawcawcawcaw
    • The Grass Feels Like Pants
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2011, 12:35:13 AM »
Equalizer is your best friend, if only for the movespeed.

Nearly dead? Swap out for Equalizer, run the fuck away, heal, go back in. Repeat as needed.

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2011, 01:09:41 AM »
Also if you shout medic, please don't equip the equalizer.  I cannot tell how many times I've seen this happen, and it kinda gets on my nerves.

Badass bookworms

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2011, 01:36:54 AM »
TF2.
+
DEUS EX.
=
THOSE GLASSES
+
NAME TAG
=
"MY VISION IS AUGMENTED"

I MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 01:43:34 AM by Jes Isaive »

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2011, 01:49:05 AM »
Oh dear lord those weapons are pretty.  :*

...Good thing I already have Deus Ex preordered.
Steam | NNID: InfernalExuro | 3DS FC: [whoops my 3ds died] | FFXIV: Violet Nolansson [Gilgamesh]

wooterz

« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2011, 01:51:03 AM »
Alright, so I have a bunch of Polycount and Uber weapons building up, yet there's a couple that I still need to get my hands on.

I have...

Amputator x2
Your Eternal Reward
Conniver's Kunai
Mad Milk
The Dead Ringer
The Solemn Vow
The Shortstop
The Chargin' Targe
The Back Scratcher
The Blutsauger
The Razorback
Darwin's Danger Shield x2

And the ones that I need are...

The Reserve Shooter
The Soda Popper
The Cow Mangler 5000
The Righteous Bison
Three-Rune Blade
The Original
The Disciplinary Action
The Persian Persuader
The Shahanshah

Might be willing to go 2:1 for some of them.  :V

I could give you my Bison. It sucks.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2011, 02:00:28 AM »
The best secondary in almost every situation is the shotgun. The banners are good if you can coordinate your team, but especially if you're going to be an uber target, you should have your shotgun.

Barrakketh

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2011, 02:20:01 AM »
Neat trick that I learned about the banners: they don't activate unless you release the mouse button.  Which means that if you know you're about a push (or you heard an enemy medic get a kritz charged and know a soldier/demo is coming your way) you can switch and hold down M1, then release when you're ready for the effect.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2011, 03:07:59 AM »
TF2.
+
DEUS EX.
=
THOSE GLASSES
+
NAME TAG
=
"MY VISION IS AUGMENTED"

I MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN
MY GOD

ENGINEER WEAPONS   :o :D
MUST HAVE

Badass bookworms

Barrakketh

« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2011, 03:33:17 AM »
Heavy looks badass in that image.  And that sniper rifle looks awesome.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2011, 03:51:00 AM »
Those weapons...! They look great but don't suit my play style very well.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2011, 03:57:51 AM »
Why can't we Deus Ex owners get like a $10 discount ;-;

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2011, 04:10:51 AM »
The specs do wonderful things for the Foster's Facade and Pyromancer's Mask. Good thing I had an orange paint still on me.

And I'm eager to test out the new Engineer stuff, but the new Sniper Rifle looks like it will be perfect for my playstyle. I'll need to start bringing along my SMG for close-range combat, though.

...Oh, and I'll give you your choice of any weapon listed for the Bison.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2011, 10:45:01 PM »
I can wholeheartedly say that there is only one thing that truly pisses me off more than anything else in this game.

Nevermind the Huntsman arrows that come flying across the map and should rightfully miss you, but since they have the bounding box of a bus, they murder you anyways.

Nevermind the fact that Heavies always manage to pop up somewhere and you're right at point blank range and they kill you in under a second flat.

Nevermind that the Demoman will miss every grenade he shoots at you except the critical shot.

Nevermind the Soldiers who do the same thing with rockets.

Nevermind the Scouts who are painfully accurate with their scatterguns and can drop you before you even hear them coming.

Nevermind the Righteous Bison projectile looking almost exactly like the Cow Mangler projectile, so in the heat of combat you can't tell which is which and waste time, ammo, and health trying to airblast it.

Nevermind Demoknights who seem to have a ten yard melee radius with all their weapons, not just the Eyelander - the only weapon that explicitly says it has an extended range.

I am sick and fucking tired of the slightest bit of lag throwing everything off for me. Try to land a Fan o' War hit to mark someone? They lagaport behind me, and kill me. Try to close in to an effective range for my Soda Popper minicrits to be dangerous? They lagaport 90? to the side, and kill me. Try to close in for any meaningful use of a flamethrower of any flavor, and the server assumes I'm lagging so the flame projectiles are behind me (I literally had this happen. I was running forward, spotted a Pyro just outside of range, and instinctively sprayed a puff of fire... and ignited the Spy that was right behind me who in turn backstabbed me). Try to flank someone with the flamethrower, and again, the flames are three feet behind me, meaning I need to be in front of them, spraying at an angle so I can't see where they are anymore... and they kill me. Try to maneuver around someone as a Scout, using my superior agility to my advantage, but somehow I'm apparently trying to run through my target, and we're both wearing suits made of velcro... and they kill me. Try to airblast grenades and rockets as they get shot towards me at medium-to-close range, but somehow the Soldier does the firing animation, the rocket launcher shows the puff of smoke and the recoil, but the rocket doesn't go anywhere for a second, just hovering in space before hurtling towards me... right after my airblast, leaving me on cooldown, so it kills me.
If anyone is playing a Sniper, they should have top priority for server connectivity, followed right after by Pyros. Those two classes really need to be completely up-to-date on the true location of other players. I'm tired of the server thinking I'm fixing to sprint forward on the battlements of 2fort, when I'm just taking a step, and remain completely behind cover... but get sniped anyways. From an angle that has absolutely no line of sight to where I'm standing. Because I projected an image of myself poking out from behind cover that lingered for just a moment, but since 2fort is a Sniper breeding ground, there's no less than two Snipers staring at where I 'am'. I'm tired of being sniped after I've turned two corners and am a step and a half away from a health kit. I'm tired of trying to airblast rockets just for them to sit still for a moment before deciding they're ready to start flying. I'm tired of trying to close into melee range as ANY class - Demo, Scout, Pyro, Sniper - and having my target start immediately lagaporting around me, flailing their weapon around like a moron, and suddenly my head flies off on a jet of blood. I'm sick of actually facing the Spy who was just creeping up behind me, and seeing him swing his dagger, but it still registers as a backstab because he's playing with 380 ping, so my reflexive whirl upon hearing his Dead Ringer turn off didn't show up on his screen yet, and the server takes pity on him.

Everything else annoys me slightly, but I can handle it. I can even handle exceptionally talented Spies who are good at what they do and manage to dominate me with backstabs, keeping me dead for half the match.

I can't stand a kill being snatched away from me, or handed to someone, just because they're playing on dial-up.

Also,
Also if you shout medic, please don't equip the equalizer.  I cannot tell how many times I've seen this happen, and it kinda gets on my nerves.

I tell the Soldier in teamchat that I won't heal him if he does it again - first because I can't while it's out. After that, I won't heal him period, so he needs to make up his mind. It's especially annoying having them whip it out while you're Ubering with the Quick Fix. Just cuz you don't turn all shiney doesn't mean you're not being Ubered.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 10:49:53 PM by Esifex »

Barrakketh

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2011, 12:16:10 AM »
I tell the Soldier in teamchat that I won't heal him if he does it again - first because I can't while it's out. After that, I won't heal him period, so he needs to make up his mind.
Well, they changed it so you can't call for medic while it's out.  If someone is repeatedly calling for medic and switching to the Equalizer they are probably griefing.

And are you sure you don't get a lot of choke on your connection?  Those kind of problems are indicative of connection problems on your end, or a shitty server.  If people were lagging like that all the time on my usual servers an admin would ban them.  They shouldn't be warping around even with bad lag...all the servers I play on are in the US, and during the time I usually play we have people from the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and one Aussie who is currently living in S. Korea who don't have problems like that even with high pings (none near 400ms, though).

Fetch()tirade

• serial time-waster
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2011, 01:41:35 AM »
I'm tired of trying to close into melee range as ANY class - Demo, Scout, Pyro, Sniper - and having my target start immediately lagaporting around me, flailing their weapon around like a moron, and suddenly my head flies off on a jet of blood.

Melee is a joke. The only really good classes for it are demos and pyros, except for the fact that demos need the charge ability to be worth the trouble and most of the time pyros are better off just using the flamethrower at that distance (axtinguisher set-ups somewhat excluded).

While we're listing grievances, I'mma go ahead and say that the number one problem that I encounter on pubs is retarded teammates. THAT'S RIGHT YOU DUMBFUCKS. YOU'RE FUCKING RETARDS. How the hell do you expect to hold a point with 4 snipers, 3 spies, and an engi who does that stupid thing where they build all their buildings next to the spawn room then move them out after half the game has passed (and no teleporters btw because it's not like he actually wants to help the team or anything). Once, I even had the pleasure of playing with an engi who DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO BUILD SHIT. I'm the type of guy who doesn't main a class in particular and just plays based on what the team needs, but how the flying fuck is me being the only major source of firepower on a team of halfwits going to do jack? When I call them out on it, all I get is "NO U" and our team proceeds to lose every round until the teams are auto-scrambled.

On another note, here's a shameless self-plug: I've got about 8 crates I can't do anything with, a Powerjack, an Ullapool Caber, an Overdose, a spare Jarate, a Dead Ringer (I'm a terrible spy), and maybe an Equalizer I'm willing to trade out. I'm looking for nothing in particular (all I really want is metal), but if anyone wants only the crates, I'll just give them to you.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2011, 05:10:22 AM »
Oh dear.

Also, if anyone ever has a spare name tag, please throw it my way, I'll give you a reclaimed and a scrap, or two weapons in the absence of a scrap.

theshirn

« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2011, 05:48:13 AM »
Hey, my ping went down enough for me to play!

Cue several rounds at the top of the scoreboard with six dominations.

Gooooooood to be giant man.  But I was medic.

InfernalExuro

• I lied. Totally dead.
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2011, 08:11:14 AM »
Rage Medic is the best way for me to play Medic. Helps ease the pain of an off day for my other classes when I have one.  :V

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2011, 02:21:06 PM »
So is the Widowmaker as boss as it looks?