Author Topic: Perfect Cherry Blossom Madness  (Read 2114 times)

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
Perfect Cherry Blossom Madness
« on: July 27, 2011, 02:26:52 AM »
[Edit: If it should be in in Tech support tell me I'll ask a mod to move it. Still seeing the insane FPS play I thought would be strange and usual]

I had just completed installing and building a new computer and decided to start up Perfect Cherry Blossom to give it a run and then found something VERY odd was happening.

Everything was running at an absurdly fast pace.  The Demo would flash on instantly and would blaze by at insane speeds. None the less I decided to capture some screens and even made a recording of it on Livestream (I apologize for the quality)

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7313/rapetrainhasnobrakes.png

This screencap is the highest FPS I could have recorded but It was averaging at around 2700 fps

When I managed to wrangle it to a game start speed this happened

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5651/hooooooly.png
Averaging over 9000fps

Replays were made but regrettably they were unable to be replayed at insane speed.

Here

Quality's crap but Eh it works and shows off the speed

PS If anyone got something better to record it and put it up on youtube do PM it to me. I just used Livestream because of ease of access. 

Also anyone know how to fix it because it only seems to happen with PCB when I use the shortcut. (Directly navigating to the program has it run fine at 60ish FPS)

<Naut> Hi thumbnail images over 150kb please kay thanks bye
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:37:23 AM by Naut »
This Space For Rent

Re: Perfect Cherry Blossom Madness
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 02:48:39 AM »
I figured I could register to tell you the solution, as I have the same exact problem but I found a workaround.

Actually, it is probably caused because you have a dual-core or even more CPU. As the Touhou games are all made to work with only one CPU, having another one active causes the games to go crazy. So, after starting the game, do CTRL+ALT+DELETE to bring up the Task Manager. Now go on the "Processus" tab, and search for the "th07.exe" one (you will probably have the same problem with other games, but the processus follows the same naming pattern ("th06.exe", "th10.exe", etc)). Right click on it and choose "Define affinity... (or whatever that sounds like that)" Now you should have a list of checked CPU. Disable them all except one, then the game will work fine. Actually it tells the game to only use one CPU instead of using all of them.

You'll have to follow the same steps each time you open a Touhou game. And I hope it will work for you as well it did for me.

Now I can return to the lurker status :justasplanned:

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 02:53:59 AM »
Amusingly enough its ONLY PCB that does that. Testing off the other Windows Era games I have show NO problems with this one.  Kinda weird eh?
This Space For Rent

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 02:55:53 AM »
Well this is weird. I'm not sure my method will work as it is too weird but I suggest you give a try, at least for the sake of it.

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 03:04:20 AM »
Force v-sync with either the nVidia/AMD control panels or the v-sync patch.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 03:18:56 AM »
I think its something weird with the shortcut as I did a test of it running directly from the launch folder and nothing wrong.  [Runs at 60f[s perfectly fine]

I'll just run it from there. Using a shortcut leads to the madness (also can't even find a force V-Sync with the control panel)

Also changing processor affinity didn't do anything.

Still I'll try and get a youtube link up for the humor value eventually. 

Edit: Thanks mods
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 03:23:43 AM by Zelinko »
This Space For Rent