Author Topic: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (PREPARE FOR WORLD MOVE!)  (Read 290762 times)

CadrinHaverit

Re: [Minecraft] MotK Minecraft Server (CURRENTLY CLOSED)
« Reply #420 on: August 05, 2011, 02:07:43 PM »
Personally, I'd like to continue living in and expanding Koishiville. Don't see why anyone would like to turn this place into a historical site...

On PTM: never seen it in action, but the default Minecraft terrain generation likes to throw a geological gem at you once in a while, like some nicely generated mountains with plenty of overhangs, etc. so I'm neutral on this.

On DDR's and ArteMio's cases: I don't really have a say in either of the two, but the more the merrier, right?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #421 on: August 05, 2011, 04:10:57 PM »
Anyway, why do you guys frown on people locking their homes? Do we have any other potential sneak-thieves?  ;)
You build something online, right?
And then you lock it away so no one can see it :(

e: also it serves absolutely no purpose either, other than being a meanie
Items are stored in chests. Protect the chests if you feel you must

I never locked mine, since stealing is wrong and against the rules to begin with, and my hopes are that people will simply respect that
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 04:13:27 PM by Haku~SM »
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #422 on: August 05, 2011, 04:17:11 PM »
You build something online, right?
And then you lock it away so no one can see it :(

e: also it serves absolutely no purpose either, other than being a meanie
Items are stored in chests. Protect the chests if you feel you must

I never locked mine, since stealing is wrong and against the rules to begin with, and my hopes are that people will simply respect that
Quoted it to say that my stuff is terrible and I still don't lock things, so I never understood why all the NICE houses were locked, but the stuff that got edited in also applies.

Until later when I decided that I should lock my chests because my house was flammable as shit.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2011, 11:42:31 PM »
1) It's supposed to be a friendly community. Locking your doors looks like you don't trust us.

2) You're locking out everything inside, not just chests.

3) You don't trust me, so it makes me want to break in and rob everything inside just to justify you locking because

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #424 on: August 06, 2011, 12:45:06 AM »
hrrr, everyones talking about locking doors.
I suppose if you want privacy, but its easy to bypass. Chests should be locked.
However, I think locked doors serve a purpose, like if someones working on a project and they don't want anyone to see until their done. in that case I'm for locked doors. In the end though, it doesn't matter to me.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #425 on: August 06, 2011, 12:47:14 AM »
hrrr, everyones talking about locking doors.
I suppose if you want privacy, but its easy to bypass. Chests should be locked.
However, I think locked doors serve a purpose, like if someones working on a project and they don't want anyone to see until their done. in that case I'm for locked doors. In the end though, it doesn't matter to me.
...says one of the most active locked door users. Well, the castle was already blatantly obvious in the Koishiville skyline, so we were able to see progress anyway. Even though it was near-complete I was never able to get in the legitimate way until the mass destruction event...ugh.
For such massive projects I feel it's a waste to even lock doors. I don't mind locked doors for things like private rooms inside houses, but not for things of that size.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #426 on: August 06, 2011, 12:51:42 AM »
...says one of the most active locked door users. Well, the castle was already blatantly obvious in the Koishiville skyline, so we were able to see progress anyway. Even though it was near-complete I was never able to get in the legitimate way until the mass destruction event...ugh.
For such massive projects I feel it's a waste to even lock doors. I don't mind locked doors for things like private rooms inside houses, but not for things of that size.
I had it locked at one point for some minor detailing, but like everyone saw the inside already before that. But I had the games room locked cause I dont want anyone seeing in there till it's done.
As for my house, Im new to mc, I thought locking it was an obvious must or something.  :colonveeplusalpha:

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #427 on: August 06, 2011, 02:00:59 AM »
Fine, I'll unlock my doors to my house, but don't expect anything else to be unlocked. :3

I'm fine with letting in DDR into the server. I don't see a problem with him once he's on. (after watching ep's YT vid) It's ok with me if tomhoffman joins as well, just as long as he doesn't steal anything this time. And as for PTM, it sounds like a good idea. I found some images of what it may look like, and it looks pretty cool.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #428 on: August 06, 2011, 02:28:16 AM »
locking anything take too much effort.
so everything i owned was pretty much public except for one chest.

Ace the Fighter

• fighting master
« Reply #429 on: August 06, 2011, 03:20:17 AM »
i have always played Single player so i'm not used to locking doors or chests but i to me locking chests sounds like a good idea on multiplayer. (i don't care if the doors lock)

« Reply #430 on: August 06, 2011, 04:44:43 AM »
i have always played Single player so i'm not used to locking doors or chests but i to me locking chests sounds like a good idea on multiplayer. (i don't care if the doors lock)
Protecting (locking) doors and chests is a feature of one of the plugins we use on the server, LWC. It's not a default part of Minecraft.

Anyway, you all raise some good points regarding trust. I suppose that I never had a problem with others locking up their stuff, seeing that I can bypass said protections. Maybe keep your front door unlocked so others can come in and take a look, but I see nothing wrong with protecting doors or anything of value inside the home.

In my office, I protected all my chests out of habit. (NOBODY TOUCHES MY COBBLE :V) The only other things that I protected were the levers that operate the pistons in my underground farms. This was mainly to keep anyone else from releasing the water while any redstone was exposed. A safeguard, if you will.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #431 on: August 06, 2011, 05:07:18 AM »
Anyway, you all raise some good points regarding trust. I suppose that I never had a problem with others locking up their stuff, seeing that I can bypass said protections. Maybe keep your front door unlocked so others can come in and take a look, but I see nothing wrong with protecting doors or anything of value inside the home.

In my office, I protected all my chests out of habit. (NOBODY TOUCHES MY COBBLE :V) The only other things that I protected were the levers that operate the pistons in my underground farms. This was mainly to keep anyone else from releasing the water while any redstone was exposed. A safeguard, if you will.
Yeah, this seems reasonable, and exactly what I was thinking. It should be ok if people want to drop in and take a look, or maybe for temporary shelter in case it's night and they don't want to get blown up by the friendly neighborhood creeper. (if they haven't got a house or used /sethome yet) I will have no problem with that.
TF2 Backpack

Chen

• Ruined my own appeal by being a dumbass
« Reply #432 on: August 06, 2011, 05:28:22 AM »
Also
This isn't about locked doors
BUT there's something for bukkit that makes your chests auto refill , so no more refilling.

Right here.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #433 on: August 06, 2011, 05:33:23 AM »
Also
This isn't about locked doors
BUT there's something for bukkit that makes your chests auto refill , so no more refilling.
That makes the game too easy! :V
On the other hand it's great for the community resource chests. Just make sure end users can't adjust it and make their own, of course.
Bad command or file name

Night4ce

• Mokou
  • ^_^
    • Yutube Channel
« Reply #434 on: August 06, 2011, 09:02:40 AM »
My church is always open.. However my personal chests are locked..

Anyway, Whats the point of building a wonderful house and work hard on the inside if your not gonna show it?

« Reply #435 on: August 06, 2011, 09:29:09 AM »
That makes the game too easy! :V
On the other hand it's great for the community resource chests. Just make sure end users can't adjust it and make their own, of course.
Not really necessary. The stuff in the freebie chests isn't in that high of a demand. Stuffman and I can refill them easily. However, that would have helped a bunch during the Apocalypse. You guys burned up tons of TNT. :V

Regarding the chests, I'm planning about removing the Slime and Cocoa chests and putting in a SPONGE chest instead. This should help with any upcoming underwater projects :3

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #436 on: August 06, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
Regarding the chests, I'm planning about removing the Slime and Cocoa chests and putting in a SPONGE chest instead. This should help with any upcoming underwater projects :3
*looks at Sunny's Atlantis*
...good idea! Let's do this.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #437 on: August 06, 2011, 03:53:37 PM »
i dont  get how sponges work o-o, i'd love a part underwater home 8D

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #438 on: August 06, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »
i dont  get how sponges work o-o, i'd love a part underwater home 8D

Sponges remove 2 blocks of water around them on all sides. With them, you can make atlantis. owo

« Reply #439 on: August 06, 2011, 04:12:39 PM »
but wouldnt it be a pain to fill the hole for still water?

Nicole Artist

• Eat egg
  • egg egg egg egg
    • Tumblr
« Reply #440 on: August 06, 2011, 04:14:03 PM »
'_'....what?

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #441 on: August 06, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
With them, you can make atlantis. owo
I am Jes Isaive, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat on his brow?

"No," says the man in Washington, "it belongs to the poor!"
"No," says the man in the Vatican, "it belongs to God!"
"No," says the man in Moscow, "it belongs to everyone!"

I rejected those answers, and instead I chose something different. I chose the impossible! I chose... Rapture!

A city where the artist would not be censored, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, where the great would not be constrained by the small!

And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

Yeah I could post this in the other thread, but there's no underwater city discussion going on there.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #442 on: August 06, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »
You two should fuse your project and pursue the creation of Atrapturis as soon as the new server goes up.
Bad command or file name

« Reply #443 on: August 06, 2011, 06:53:19 PM »
'_'....what?
nvm, i'll test when we get it :3

« Reply #444 on: August 06, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »
Sponge repels water at a radius of 2 blocks. If you remove the sponge, the water will flow back to refill the gaps. If you use a sponge near a water source, (ie. still water) it will disappear and will not return if the sponge is removed. In that case, you will have to replace the water yourself. It all depends on where you place the sponge.

Sponge can be used to create air pockets underwater, stop the overflow of waterfalls, or dry up lakes. Quite interesting mechanics... I don't know why Notch chose to "remove" them.

I rejected those answers, and instead I chose something different. I chose the impossible! I chose... Rapture!
Yeah, I was eager to see your progress on Rapture before the Apocalypse. Do you still plan on continuing it once Koishiville is back in place?

Also, it will be interesting to see two rival underwater utopias BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:48:02 PM by Dr.Strafe »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #445 on: August 06, 2011, 09:02:27 PM »
Also, it will be interesting to see two rival underwater utopias BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY.
My money's on Kappature Science winning. Unless Sunny can make all of Athens under there.

But I don't think I'll be pitching in for either...let's see what I have to do....
 * EPFort Mk2 (WAY out there - at least it's 75% smaller than EPFort, but the terrain is harder to manage) + surrounding area (radius about 250 blocks again) walls (not as large as Anarchy Land though)
 * Nether railways from Koishiville to EPFort Mk2 and Anarchy Land (owing to massive distances, too many caves under Koishiville for an effective underground unlike with Rukinville, and making surface stations is tough)
 * Theme park :V (name is still to be decided)
 * vsh_hakurei_shrine_v3 remake (as a home, not for PVP)
 * cs_office (Source version) remake (PVP)
 * pl_badwater remake (PVP)
 * Minecraftian Minesweeper :V :V :V (how I am supposed to do this, I don't even know)

EDIT: I'm also supporting the use of any voice communication plugins, or maybe a Mumble/Vent/TeamSpeak (prefer the first) server to allow for voice chat and micspams. Well, I'm more for the latter just for spamming live ZUNpets. XD
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:26:57 PM by YAMA Judgemental Enterprises »
Bad command or file name

CadrinHaverit

« Reply #446 on: August 07, 2011, 12:02:25 AM »
See the problem with Minecraft-generated bodies of water is... They never seem to be deep enough for any impressive underwater constructions. (Also there are never any rivers. :/) It only looks deep to you because your vision is zoomed in and darkened while you are beneath the surface of water. You might need some TNT to increase the depth of your chosen lake or ocean first. Which sounds horribly tedious to me. Good luck with your project anyway and may you find many willing to help you with it.

Didn't mean to discourage you. I'm just pointing out that lakes and oceans in Minecraft tend to be rather shallow, is all.

Agent of the BSoD

• Never forget
« Reply #447 on: August 07, 2011, 12:06:33 AM »
EDIT: I'm also supporting the use of any voice communication plugins, or maybe a Mumble/Vent/TeamSpeak (prefer the first) server to allow for voice chat and micspams. Well, I'm more for the latter just for spamming live ZUNpets. XD
IT SHALL BE DONE! :V
TF2 Backpack

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
« Reply #448 on: August 07, 2011, 12:26:24 AM »
IT SHALL BE DONE! :V
To make matters better, I just got the SD-90 in the mail today. :3

All I have to do is link the headphone jack to my desktop's line-in port, have that always on as a mic, put on an adjusted MIDI, and all of a sudden *ZUNpet*.
Bad command or file name

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #449 on: August 07, 2011, 12:33:21 AM »
(Also there are never any rivers. :/)

Actually this is something that really bugs me about minecraft, it's impossible to have running water unless it's going constantly downhill.

FYI me and Strafe just put in the order for the new server. We'll be on Provision Host this time, and it looks like we won't have restrictions on what kinds of mods we can run.