Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments  (Read 283043 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments
« Reply #930 on: June 26, 2009, 07:19:23 AM »
True enough, but I still don't like her at all. When people main her, it hinders their development as a player, yet still allows them an easy win.

However, Marisa A in LLS in kind of the opposite, because other than have a smaller range than other shot types (and even then not near to the extent of, say, EoSD/PCB Marisa A), she HAS no flaws. She is far and away the strongest shot type in the game, doing literally over twice as much damage as the homing type. While I don't have any hard data, I can say that while bomb spamming Yuka's final phase, it takes Reimu A 3 bombs to end while shotgunning (not counting her death from running out of bombs), while it takes Marisa A one (and bombs do the same amount of damage as far as I can tell). She is the very definition of broken.

EDIT TO KEEP FROM DOUBLE POSTING: I think I just figured out something about Hanged Hourai Dolls, but I'm not sure. I think its infamous walls are actually aimed at your position, and you have to move to find the opening a fair ways away. Maybe it's obvious to everyone else, but it wasn't to me. >_> Also, that was one sick capture of it I made if I do say so myself, because I went through like 3 pixel perfect openings.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 07:48:22 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #931 on: June 26, 2009, 08:00:26 AM »
1cc'd hard pcb for my first time with ReimuB.. I think it was B.. the one with persuasion needle.

I'm not sure if I like her or marissa A more...
edit: oops:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3710

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #932 on: June 26, 2009, 09:17:58 AM »
So finally got to unlock Youmu's Last Word, with what must have been my best IN run so far.

Oh, and also:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3712
...Yeah.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #933 on: June 26, 2009, 12:02:41 PM »
Hi guys, I'm set back up. Now to do MoF Scoring...

...while it takes Marisa A one (and bombs do the same amount of damage as far as I can tell). She is the very definition of broken.
Speaking of which, I almost captured it in my video, now that I look at it.
MarisaA is broken. Then I had to deathbomb  ;_;. Broken, broken MarisaA. That is all.

Edit: Haha, it's been a while since there's been an epic Krim choke.  Not touching this again until someone tells me why I keep getting utterly destroyed by Alice's Paint Smudges of Death.

Erm... a little more detail? I do have theory on all the phases if it helps.

And an unspectacular (actually, more like embarrassing) first Phantasm clear, with 0/1. Hooray for 3 Spell Card captures, one which isn't Yukari's First. So to speak, I failed just about every basic Spell Card.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:27:17 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
« Reply #934 on: June 26, 2009, 05:33:21 PM »
Huzzah, Mystic Square Normal 1CC!

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #935 on: June 26, 2009, 05:34:14 PM »
Regarding Alice's Paint Smudges, I don't really know what's going on.  I guess it's not too bad, but I'm just kinda annoyed that I'm getting slammed by an aimed attack when I'm doing an unfocused sprint across the screen.

I ended up trying again anyway and managed to finish 0/3.
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #936 on: June 26, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »
Virtue of the Wind God.get();

YES! I finally got it! At least my record is 14 on the computer, but I know it's more like 1/35.

BUT I GOT IT! YES!

... I should so be able to 1cc things now on Lunatic.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:04:20 PM by Nuclear Fusion »
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

nintendonut888

« Reply #937 on: June 27, 2009, 12:27:26 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3717

Finally pulled off a perfect PCB stage 2 lunatic run. I couldn't agree more with Marisa: "That was a pointless battle with a pointless person."

EDIT: Less of an accomplishment, I but I also beat PCB stage 3 with no deaths and only two bombs (a border break on Spring Kyoto Dolls though).
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:30:55 AM by nintendonut888 »
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #938 on: June 27, 2009, 02:08:28 AM »
Take that!

Stage 4 midbosses of LLS. I believe I have found a way to do them relatively consistently...

Whew, going to analyze it a bit more before I finalize a publication of it.

EDIT: UWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Almost got Yuka's Final Phase with MarisaB.

Game Over'd on it because I was hanging by a thread, from dying with bombs in stock too many times. Especially at Reimu.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 02:22:21 AM by BaitySM »
<>

Iryan

• Ph?nglui mglw?nafh
  • Cat R?lyeh wgah?nagl fhtagn.
« Reply #939 on: June 27, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »
LLS extra clear!

The first time I got beyond Gengetu's spark phase, too. The spark itself is not a problem, the other pattern of that phase is a pain. Dodged it without death or bombing only once. Getting an additional extend directly afterwards helped, though.  :V

So, only SoEW extra left. But am I really that masochistic?
Old Danmakufu stuff can be found here!

"As the size of an explosion increases, the numbers of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero."

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #940 on: June 27, 2009, 09:03:05 PM »
Attempted a run of PoFV Lunatic for the hell of it, managed to get Shiki down to half an orb before losing my last life, which is pretty good considering I was having trouble 1ccing Normal the last time I played it.

That's not the accomplishment though.  The reason I played PoFV is to warm up my eye for random bullshit so I could read Hell God Sword consistently enough to do PCB Stage 5 no deaths/no bombs/no borders broken.  Around the end of PoFV, the entire game basically becomes Hell God Sword without the slowdown: bullets of all sizes surrounding your sorry ass in no particular pattern.

I think it worked.  I haven't failed Hell God Sword the three times I tried it today (I have, however, failed boss noncard 1 on multiple occasions, and Asura Sword once today).
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #941 on: June 27, 2009, 09:17:28 PM »
KYA HA HA HA, I BEAT YOU TO THIS ONE! SUCK IT DOWN!!!!

Er...never mind. Good job, y-yeah. ;)

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #942 on: June 28, 2009, 05:28:36 AM »
Perfect Nitori run, finally. I'm glad I've finally figured out how to do Spin the Cephalic Plate. It's fun now.

One death on the stage, though. I could probably easily turn this into a perfect stage 3.
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

nintendonut888

« Reply #943 on: June 28, 2009, 07:43:05 AM »

PoDD hard 1cc. I ended up clearing with 2 lives remaining, and I must say that fight with Yumemi (beat her on my first life BTW) was one of the most intense fights I've ever been in in Touhou.

...I have only to beat lunatic, and I have beaten every PC-98 on lunatic, and only PoFV lunatic would stand in my way of beating every main series (meaning not counting IaMP and SWR) Touhou game on lunatic. Do I dare take the plunge...?

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #944 on: June 28, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »
Holy crap. Perfect 5 Magic Stones run. Maybe I should experiment with Luantic's for the sake of it.

EDIT: And a 2 bomb, 1 life clear of Marisa. I started with "Blue" power as well.

EDIT 2: Mima is really poorly designed, so I just bomb spammed her, and survived. Finished 2/1. Note that on the final life, I get 5 bombs as well, so...

PoDD Lunatic.
Go for it man.

Oh, and I'll say that PoFV Lunatic is more or less a complete joke if you know what you're doing.

Improved MoF scoring techniques. Though, I seriously doubt that I'll be able to reach the 2 billion point cap. It's just too difficult.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:27:46 PM by BaitySM »
<>

fallensoul

• Bad maajan player
  • Beware. Lolicon.
« Reply #945 on: June 28, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »
PoFV Lunatic is too easy... seriously... D:

[edit]
SoEW Lunatic... I think the boss battles are the same way as they are at Hard...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 04:01:40 PM by FallenSoul »

« Reply #946 on: June 28, 2009, 06:31:16 PM »
I don't practice stages, so I don't have any accomplishments.....sadness...

Wait....once I did manage to clear wriggle nightbug's last word with solo marisa....no focus, and then I did it again with no focus and no lateral movement, just up and down....yeah it's possible...but it's left up to A. chance, and B. twitch.

nintendonut888

« Reply #947 on: June 28, 2009, 06:32:03 PM »
They are. Lunatic is the exact same thing as hard except that enemies shoot two aimed bullets upon their death. It actually makes things hard at some places, but yeah, lunatic is a tiny jump. The bosses don't change at all.

And Baity, you perfected the magic stones? That means you know how to dodge that caving in green spam during the survival phase. Can you tell me how?

newcashcash

« Reply #948 on: June 28, 2009, 06:48:38 PM »
PoFV Lunatic is too easy... seriously... D:
It is easy to 1CC Lunatic Story-mode indeed.,even 2LC Lunatic is not that hard....
However it will be much harder to 1LC Lunatic without using Aya or Medicine.

BTW, the best way to improve PoFV skill is to play with the others, especially with someone better than you. Even playing with AI in Lunatic match-mode would be more efficient than Story-mode.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #949 on: June 28, 2009, 07:11:51 PM »
First-ever PCB extra mode clear <3~ Ended with 0/2. The last card kind of freaked me out and I ended up dying and bombing through it XD, it was my first time on that card.

...ALMOST had that time-out card, too. That one was my... fourth try I think? Dunno.

Also, I beat nintendonut's first-ever Extra clear score. For some reason, this gives me great pleasure. Every single one of my firsts is like four or five places below his. Sorry donut :X

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3727

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #950 on: June 29, 2009, 12:16:46 AM »
And Baity, you perfected the magic stones? That means you know how to dodge that caving in green spam during the survival phase. Can you tell me how?
What I do is first stay in the center for a certain time period (the exact counting I'm working on), then move to one side, quickly move to the other side to stream direct the bullets, wait a bit more, move back to the area where I first moved towards, and there should be enough space for you to bypass the walling. I had to also move up the screen a fair bit to bypass the said walling. Not even sure if that's exactly what I did (didn't record  ;_;), but that's the base of it.

I think it's definitely easier to explain with a video, but that will have to wait for the new month since we're approaching a cap. Brother went on a downloading spree for the last 2 months while I was living away.
<>

RainfallYoshi

• Yoshi of Skies & Rains
  • Who is it that calls for me?
« Reply #951 on: June 29, 2009, 12:31:22 AM »
Finally! Yes! Yes! Yes!

The goal I've been working on since I started playing Touhou. I've finally 1cc'ed EoSD Normal!

I'm so happy right now I can't even tell you what kind of happy dances I want to do. Time to practice Extra and work on the next goal of defeating Flandre.

Gawd yes! I'm so freaking happy right now!

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #952 on: June 29, 2009, 01:54:55 AM »
SoEW Extra unlocked! Fun~

That is, I've 1cc'd Hard all shot types. ReimuA (Speed / Spread) is the most fun to play. Too bad it's the weakest  ;_;
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #953 on: June 29, 2009, 02:02:21 AM »
Ah ha ha ha. Fun. Good one. >_> We'll see if you still have that attitude by the end of it.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #954 on: June 29, 2009, 02:21:01 AM »
Ah ha ha ha. Fun. Good one. >_> We'll see if you still have that attitude by the end of it.
It would certainly be nice if I could have Full Power. And that last Extend!. Might have to consider bombing for score.
<>

« Reply #955 on: June 29, 2009, 03:12:51 AM »
Hey, LLS lunatic 1cc.  Don't worry, I used non-broken (at least not as much) MarisaB.

This was a pretty average first run.  Not much to say about the game itself that hasn't already been said; stages are boring streaming, Kurumi's second phase is retarded, Reimu is RIDICULOUSLY FUN even if she's hard as balls(hurr), and Yuka's final boss fight jumps in difficulty from pathetic to bullshit and back again several times.  Pretty neat game.

nintendonut888

« Reply #956 on: June 29, 2009, 03:16:24 AM »
Aww, the stages are fun, even if they're pretty tame. I think it's the music, plus when the game wants to be it's pretty hardcore stuff.

And damn it everyone needs to stop 1ccing lunatic their first try.  :'( Is it simply because it was my first lunatic and I was barely even a hard player (I had beaten all hard modes except MoF [and SA, which didn't exist yet :V], but none were on default lives) back then?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #957 on: June 29, 2009, 04:25:31 AM »
Jumping to the PC-98 Bandwagon.
1cc of PoDD on Normal with Marisa. Last stage was pretty hard, I finished it on the last hit of my last life.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #958 on: June 29, 2009, 05:02:21 AM »
I think that the stage portion of SoEW Extra is quite interesting. Too bad that I bomb the somewhat easy pre-boss waves...

Defeating EES will be a different story though.

EDIT: WTF. Hey donut... what's with the "Pillar of Light"? I game over'd on it.

And those giant bullets of doom have nothing on me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 05:06:35 AM by BaitySM »
<>

nintendonut888

« Reply #959 on: June 29, 2009, 05:14:40 AM »
You...what? You all but beat her on your first try?

Slicing my wrists is not enough. brb getting saw.

But that's her suicide laser. So you basically got hit by her "IF I GO DOWN I'M TAKING YOU WITH ME!" attack. :P